Batteries - Repair / Operation / DIY

Attached Image

Discuss, share information about the proper use of batteries

Useful

Post has been editedstp101 - 03.10.19, 13:17
Reason for editing: New cap edited DarkJS

Rep: (1183)
Igorisv @ 06.09.07 22:51:09
Is it possible to kill the battery, if charging all night?

Not! Automatic cut off his once charging is complete.

Rep: (38)
gabby, 04.09.07 14:02:21

Many hold the PDA on charge chutli not constant, ie, charge by nnskolku times a day and forgetting that every machine on the charge reduces BATTERY resource.

Nonsense. Cycle - the battery is charging, not connected to a charger.

Rep: (19)
OMOIKANE @ 06.09.07 19:38:50
gabby, 04.09.07 14:02:21

Many hold the PDA on charge chutli not constant, ie, charge by nnskolku times a day and forgetting that every machine on the charge reduces BATTERY resource.

Nonsense. Cycle - the battery is charging, not connected to a charger.

Correct statement about the cycle, and the wrong conclusion about the resource. The performance characteristics of the battery indicate the manufacturer guaranteed number of charge-discharge cycles.
In this case, absolutely, no matter how empty the battery before charging was: 1% or 99%.
If you have a battery is discharged, for example at 100% capacity to 99%, and you have been charged - it's like a cycle.

Rep: (1704)
Rasstriga @ 08.09.07 15:29:12
Correct statement about the cycle, and the wrong conclusion about the resource. The performance characteristics of the battery indicate the manufacturer guaranteed number of charge-discharge cycles.

All right you say, but experience suggests that the lithium-containing batteries last longer if you charge them regularly, not leading to a full charge :) And do not recharge.
By experience a second number of cycles and nedovedenie primary battery to complete discharge / charge.
Let's just say I'm guided by my knowledge about batteries, use them for at least 3 years.

slimest @ 08.09.07 07:56:08
Rasstriga, 08.09.07 15:29:12

All right you say, but experience suggests that the lithium-containing batteries last longer if you charge them regularly, not leading to a full charge :) And do not recharge.
By experience a second number of cycles and nedovedenie primary battery to complete discharge / charge.
Let's just say I'm guided by my knowledge about batteries, use them for at least 3 years.

Yes, I agree: depends on the situation.
Number of cycles deystivitelno, will be secondary if the battery, with the stated manufacturer 1000 cycles, charging, say, once every 5 days (on average). In this case, to charge him 1,000 times require more than 13 years.
But if the battery is charged regularly 2 times a day, the limit of 1000 zaryadok we run out in less than 1.5 years.
In this case, the secondary nature of number of cycles will be called into question.

The number of charge / discharge is nice, but there is also a "shelf life". CHARGED but lying just out of work on battery and Kaki running on battery, both would die within 2-4 years. This is due to the chemical processes of neoratimymi BATTERY

Rep: (276)
gabby , absolutely right. This I also wrote the first pages.

gabby @ 08.09.07 08:50:36
The number of charge / discharge is nice, but there is also a "shelf life". CHARGED but lying just out of work on battery and Kaki running on battery, both would die within 2-4 years. This is due to the chemical processes of neoratimymi BATTERY

Maybe. Only to the battery, which is charged twice a day, these 2-4 years still need to be able to "lend". That, in all probability, will not do so simply.

And in general - all right. Factors affecting the battery life somewhat. And some of them will be decisive - it depends on the situation. The conditions and the mode of operation of the latter.

Rasstriga @ 08.09.07 20:32:32
Factors affecting the battery life, some

Golden word :) Right now I have a one year old the battery is given to his colleague-Moder in a very good condition.

Rep: (33)
A month later, my phone Siemens S55 will be 4 years. Native battery like new. The decrease in capacity did not notice. Operating conditions: the phone does not turn off ever (off only on airplanes.), calls, SMS, Bluetooth, GPRS, used to use IR. I charge the battery when there is at least an indicator of divisions on the phone, ie It remains virtually the minimum capacity. I charge by phone or indicator (about 2 hours) or leave it on charge overnight. Phone and battery from Germany. 8)
Yes phone 16 stitched patches. There are some things that many people do not hear. And therefore I do not change.

Post has been editednewplow - 10.09.07, 16:05

Rep: (0)
I have a Motorola telefonchik Slimlayt, lives with me in '98. Battery Li-ion.Pervaya battery died half a year, charge the battery at random, the main principle was that nebylo overdischarge. The second battery lives rest of the time, more than 7 years. The main principle was a full charge, discharge. Very cool that capacity she almost fell. Although they almost do not use lately. Lies in the car as a backup. :)

Post has been editedSash8 - 11.09.07, 08:15

Rep: (1)
And what is the difference between lithium ion and lithium polymer, which one is better and longer lives? : Victory:

Purely in manufacturing technology. It is believed that the lithium-polymer is more secure in operation. But this is purely theoretical.

A more "correct" battery - Li-Ion :) He just heavier and not as technologically.

ahill35 @ 25.09.07 12:22:15
And what is the difference between lithium ion and lithium polymer, which one is better and longer lives?

The main differences between Li-POL from Li-Ion is laid in the title and lies in the type of electrolyte used. Initially, in the 70s, a dry solid polymer electrolyte was used, similar to a plastic film and non-conductive electric current, but allowing ion exchange (electrically charged atoms or groups of atoms). The polymer electrolyte actually replaces the traditional porous separator impregnated with electrolyte. Such a design simplifies the manufacturing process is more secure and allows for thin batteries of arbitrary shape. In addition, there is no danger of ignition, since there is no liquid or gel electrolyte. With the thickness of the element of about one millimeter, the equipment developers are free in the choice of shape, outlines and sizes, up to the introduction of it in fragments of clothing.

And so in a simple, Li-Pol batteries have a larger capacity and a larger number of charge cycles.

Rep: (6)
But still, if someone wants to learn a lot about batteries links to useful resources
In addition, of the first post _http://www.batteryuniversity.com/index.htm,is there some more
_http://www.buchmann.ca/- in fact it is the primary source - the site of Mr. Isidor Buchmann - the head of the Canadian company Cadex Electronics Inc., manufacturer of the battery analyzers. At this resource it is in electronical form of a book on the battery (unfortunately in English. Language)
_http://www.cadex.com/- site of the company.
But the interesting thing is:
_http://www.battery.newlist.ru/index.htm- site of Mr. Vasiliev Vladimir, now practically is not updated, but there is the sea of ​​useful information on batteries, including many links to resources with information on the battery, as well as the translation of selected parts of the book, Mr. Isidor Buchmann (see. above), whose name in the Russian version goes something like "batteries in the world of portable devices. by Battery Guide for neinzhenerov".
Here is the translationimg-53692-Akkum_perevod_knigi_I_Buchmann.rar: Attached fileimg-53692-Akkum_perevod_knigi_I_Buchmann.rar (655.84 KB)

If anyone need this book in English, and has no desire to suffer with the download page by page from the site can put it in rtf-format - once he has downloaded and glued in Word. The truth was that a couple of years ago.

Tell me, is it possible to charge the PDA battery-shnuju standalone charger? Ie outside devaysa? Avtonomnik has two blades buyout put to extreme battery contacts. With the PDA battery I do not work. something else should be close parallel is there?

I bought MugenPower Li-ion battery for Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 720 1900mAh, in a written statement:
1. it must be charged for at least 12 hours before you start using the new battery
2. In order to achieve the stated capacity, initially you need to fully charge and discharge the battery, and repeat this process 3-5 times
WHAT DOES IT MEAN ????? Battery MugenPower Li-ion for the Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 720 1900mAh
how to deal with a new battery ??

stalin1945 You do not need to do it on purpose. Just the first times (IMHO, and enough pairs) charged and discharged to the end to Akuma scored container.
Only it is important that Akuma is not lying for a long time in a discharged state. Charge immediately.

Rep: (4)
Hmm .. I explained that:
1. The cycle is 100%. those. If I doubled 50% by twice - to be considered one cycle (and according to yours it turns out that if I constantly recharge, for example from 40 to 90 - I will not have a single cycle?)))) Or if I work on the PDA from Networks and I need to remove it from the Cretory to restart and put back again (synchronize with the BB) and so several times, then I will choose these cycles for the month? (So ​​what is true? The cycle is to bring up to 100% (even if the recharging was 2%) or the number of connections to 220 (even if the charge did not reach 90)? or yet the total?
2. The controller will not be recharged (it provides for this moment), including stupid to stop charging to 95%
3. the same and discharging. the controller cuts off a supply of - day role will not play ...

All three statements are wrong?

Post has been editedAlenka - 05.10.07, 19:07

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 30.10.20, 21:55