The memory card or flash card - a compact electronic storage device used to store digital information. Modern memory cards are made based on flash memory, although in principle can be used and other technologies. Memory cards are widely used in electronic devices, including digital cameras, cell phones, laptop computers, portable digital audio players and video game consoles. Memory cards are compact, rewritable, and, in addition, they can store data without power consumption (energy independence) ...
Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 13.11.18, 16:49
- Never buy a card without a formal guarantee. As a rule, in online stores they are a bit cheaper but without a guarantee, remember - the miser pays twice, overpay a little and buy with a guarantee (the cards are not durable at all)!
- Counterfeit cards are common when the declared volume does not coincide with the real one (for example, only 8 GB can be recorded on the card, although 64 GB is stated). Be careful when buying cards in suspicious places (for example, stalls, radio markets, online stores) for a suspiciously low price.
It is possible to format a fake card to its real size:
- Check the h2testw utility to find out its actual size.: when reading is started after recording, the actual size of the card will be the number of megabytes / gigabyte read without errors; everything else that is marked as lost is a mythical size.
- Through Acronis Disk Director (or gparted in Linux), delete all partitions on the map and create a primary real size partition that you learned in the first step. There should be no empty space before partitioning! Still usingMyDiskFixYou can restore the size.
- Check the h2testw utility card again: if there are no errors, everything is fine. If so, go back to step 2 and reduce the size of the partition.
- The more information "passes" through the card - the faster it will become unusable. Those. This refers to the use of the card in the DVR, regular download of torrents, use instead of or along with the system memory of Android, etc., etc. In short, the resource for writing is limited, keep in mind.
Reason for editing: Best 128GB microSD cards: a comparative test of 20 models