Encryption Unsuccessful - Android ICS bug | [Problem] internal memory recovery
Error Encryption Unsuccessful
I caught Encryption on insertion
ICS (OS 4) [ 374 ] ** [75,1%]
ICS MIUI (OS 4) [ 60 ] ** [12,05%]
GB [ 64 ] ** [12,85%]
Total votes: 498

Rep: (221)
Encryption Unsuccessful - Android ICS error (OS 4.x.x)

Attached ImageAttached Image

If you have received this error, do not press the Reset Android. Try to turn your phone off and sew on runoff (2.2, 2.3) via the Download Mode.
Priemuschestvenno error appears on ICS firmware presumably due to hardware or software failure of internal memory or the controller.

Data
Encryption Unsuccessful seen on different devices (Galaxy S, Galaxy S II, Asus Transformer) mainly with a storage capacity of 16 gb and often treatable.
Restore the internal memory on the Galaxy S Captivate has not yet managed to anyone.
Similar situtsiya the phone Meizu M8 (on Win CE), only after the installation of new programs, lost all 16 gigs of memory.
The error is manifested after ICS installed on the external memory (SD) on Galaxy Captivate, however solved formatting and reinsertion.

Presumable cause of the error
Chips internal memory is not able to work with the new software.
Defective chips or memory resources generated

Various useful information on
Device and memory types in the Samsung Galaxy Captivate
What is the likelihood of this error on the Captivate
Photo report on resoldering internal memory chip Captivate

prevention Methods
1. Sometimes before failure of the internal memory, the device suddenly begin to close the application with an error.
In this case, immediately switch off the phone, in the Download Mode boot and flash drain (2,3).
2. In assemblies CM9 for Galaxy S line taken from 19.04.2012step to prevent voziknoveniya Encryption Error.
3. Do not install ICS.

news(updated22.04.2012)

Remedy
Samsung Galaxy Captivate SGH-i897, 896
Galaxy Captivate to have only a temporary measure (using an SD instead of the internal memory) - See the second post topics..

Asus transformer

Translation from XDA installation instructions for the assembly CN.9 modified storage section / data on micro-SD card

Acknowledgments
All users participating in the subject line!
cguginowith the HDA - for the creation of entry guide .
Bloodymessagefor instructions, perseverance, research, actively seeking solutions mistakes.
D3liriumfor clarification and experience
chdimanfor help and clarification

Amendments, comments and suggestions are welcome for the header!
Survey of users who have received an error : please answer a few questions

K
The curator is looking for a topic!
The main tasks are to fill the topic header and keep it up to date, monitor compliance with forum rules in the topic.
Rules and recommendations for the curators of the forumsavagemessiahzine.com
Requirements for candidates to the curators of the forum
Wishing - to write a PM or moderators sectionI want to be curator.

Post has been editedShoore - 10.07.12, 23:40

Rep: (68)
Hello everyone. Recently, many people turned to the problem of Encryption Unsuccessful (as translated in the last firmware "encryption failed") in the top four, so it was decided to answer all at once a detailed post.

!!!There is speculation that the challenge of beginning to fail the application, issue a message "Annex "com.google.process.gapps" An error occurred . "And similar connection has not been proved (although it may be logical), but if you have noticed it - I advise to do a backup!

At the moment, the problem, unfortunately,It has no solution but there is a temporary measure . To revive the phone, the SD card is required and preferably of from 8 gigabytes. (If there is no card, see FAQ)

First we need to prepare our SD card to install the system, so go to rekoverti (when the stifle volume and power button), go to the item 'advanced', on 'Partition SD Card', there choose 2GB for partition / data and 0M to swap partition.

The next step is go to this linkFirmware ICS / MIUI (OS 4.X) for Samsung SGH-i897 (Post # 11796692)and perform steps 1 to 3.6.

Further swing of the cap9 CyanogenMod build 17 (IMPORTANT! Downloading is it!)ICS and install any across rekoverti. For those who do not know how this is done, everything is simple:

- go to rekoverti
- Connect your phone to your computer
- mounte and storage
- mount USB storage
- copy the firmware to the SD card
- install zip from SDcard
- choose zip from SDcard
- Select the firmware file and to agree with installation
- reboot system now.

In the same manner as the firmware, set Google Apps, if necessary (http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip)and the fixed (Attached fileEMMC_Reverse_Fix.zip(519.62 KB)
), Which reverses emmc and sd memory. (Fixed only 4ki!For 2.3 versions look in the FAQ below.)
Attention:In the latest CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds (and slim) do not need a fixed more.To correctly perceived phone card, you must go to Settings - Memory - Memory Settings and remove the check mark from the "Use internal storage" Then reboot. Most likely, this action is already true for other new firmware.

After that, we turn on the phone, check the performance of the camera, try to install apps from the Market and enjoy working phone again. :)

FAQ:
AT:Is there a way for those who do not have a card?
ABOUT:There are but a very pared-down. To do this, go to this linkFirmware ICS / MIUI (OS 4.X) for Samsung SGH-i897 (Post # 11796692)and perform steps 1 to 3.6. The phone should start, but it will show that memory - 0 and no attached cards, respectively, you will not be able to install apps, but you can call, send SMS, go to the Internet through a standard browser.

AT:Why does not the camera? Some applications complain about the lack of sd card.
ABOUT:Go to Settings - Memory - Memory Options and uncheck the "Use internal storage". If such an item is not present, reinstall Fix.

AT:Why do I use the card for 8 \ 16 \ 32 GB, and I have shown on the 2 GB less?
ABOUT:We pitched the card into 2 sections, one of which is used by the system and will not be displayed. To return the card to make the initial state, require a program who is able to split and join sections, such as Acronis or Rartition magic.

AT:What about my internal memory?
ABOUT:It is not known, there is a lot of speculation, but there is not a single confirmed (I advise to prepare for the worst and hope for the best).At the moment this is the only way to get the phone to work as soon as it is, I just unsubscribe.

AT:After installation on SD, constantly appears Encryption Unsuccessful error krashatsya applications and other non-normal appearance. What's the matter?
ABOUT:Most likely the case in the map, try to change. Itself uses 8 GB of the second class of unknown origin and everything is normal.

AT:I want to put another version 2.3.x, how do I get to see properly the SD card?
ABOUT:To do this through rekoverti fill this fixAttached filefix2.zip(519.64 KB)

AT:What is ICS exposed the problem? There secure firmware?
ABOUT:Virtually all cases of firmware has problems, so here is likely the problem is deeper and the problem affects all 4ki.

AT:What is reflected in the total use of the card speed?
ABOUT:Using the map of the 2nd class, all running as fast as the built-in. Map 10th class may be even faster than the built.

Ask your questions, and I as the appearance of the responses will complement the post.

updated 24.04.2012

Post has been editedBloodymessage - 24.04.12, 15:03

reserve

Rep: (663)
Well, as I understand it, concerned Encryption Unsuccessful.
In short due to an error (just say that I have not delved deeply into the problem, I believe that at this stage of program to fix it is no longer possible) encrypted flash drive, with some sort of an arbitrary key. What is called I do not know. A similar problem at the time was at Simba nokia e60, e70, etc. There is also after the firmware from the memory card to access the memory card was required to enter a password, which no one knew. (Not always and not at all)
I'm in such cases, simply changing the memory chip itself to another. At the moment, I replaced the memory 3 tubes after Encryption Unsuccessful. Theoretically, the memory chip can be changed to micro sd card just soldered it to provodochki to terminals on the board, but as long as I do not do, as there are donors. End - will think.
All 3 phones on which I changed to a new memory chip, are currently working, 2 of them as I know under 4.0.3.
Again. I believe that software such tubes can not be cured. In any case, not the phone.
BloodyMessage @ 20.04.2012, 12:00*
Then it is interesting. Unlike KLMAG8DEDD, with KLMAG8DEHE I found not a single message with the problem, so maybe you and this problem is not terrible.

No, I do not think that is the case, one of the phones had mikruhu KLMAG8DEHE

Well dig deeper on the 'Net, little has changed his mind.
Apparently, Encryption Unsuccessful a consequence of dying flesh, not a cause of death. Perhaps ics works a little differently from the algorithm memory (well, there should be those who are deeply in this fumbles) on this and get this message, on 2.3 flash drive just quietly die without any messages. Sotvetsvuyuschih on forums a lot of information about the death of memory to 9003 and 9000. The problem is the same, but without any messages.

Post has been editedD3lirium - 20.04.12, 21:13

Rep: (15)
I wonder what would have said more or less the officials (eg from Samsung) about this error?
Or someone has already asked?

Post has been editedper4o - 20.04.12, 18:15

Officials have not released ICS for our ruler. It is possible to draw conclusions ...

Rep: (19)
id_snake @ 20.4.2012, 20:39*
Officials have not released ICS for our ruler. It is possible to draw conclusions ...

And it is written about memory problems. Alas.

Rep: (52)
supportper4o can someone write himself himself, the one who is able to properly explain the essence of the problem! it is not a ics and memory problems

Post has been editedpeps555 - 20.04.12, 18:51

Rep: (158)
There are words on this issue MIUI?

aduka I have not heard, but this is the same ICS. MIUI for statistics in a minority, may therefore cases can not be heard.

aduka
I know of one case on xda.

peps555
they will answer (if the answer), that we are to blame. Someone left made firmware that is not officially supported, we installed it, made the phone Root, enjoyed and got a problem ...

Post has been editedBloodymessage - 20.04.12, 18:59

Rep: (112)
May draw up a list of users who have refused to flash memory? This will help to see the extent of the problem within the forum, and perhaps will help beginners do not step on a rake =)

Rep: (52)
BloodyMessage,
I think that in our case, all means are good, it is necessary probyvat can write anything intelligible answer thread.

But if we say that caught on 2.3?

Post has been editedpeps555 - 20.04.12, 19:10

Rep: (15)
BloodyMessage,
Most likely it will be, and can explain in detail what the problem is, it will be easier to find a solution.

ZidanCo @ 20.04.2012, 19:06*
help beginners avoid stepping on a rake =)

It will help only if they stay on the GB.

Post has been editedid_snake - 20.04.12, 19:21

id_snake
And not the fact: D

Zidanco,
I thought about this, though, because I remember the time, who caught and who is not. I then added a list in my post, but how to do the census, and whether people agree?

Rep: (112)
Bloodymessage And what's wrong with that?)

All who are caught in the Encryption Unsuccessful Captivate way to write for example you in a PM if you agree of course =)
Can still be placed in the header of this topic)

Rep: (196)
ZidanCo @ 20.04.2012, 21:04*
All who are caught in the Encryption Unsuccessful Captivate way to write for example you in a PM if you agree of course =)
Can still be placed in the header of this topic)

And why? solution to the problem know sewed knowing about the error soznatelno.vse done with his own hands, the topic will be the forum users are words and who want to find a solution, and that is interesting.
I think it is necessary to remove references to the firmware which climbed error

Post has been editedpepe2 - 21.04.12, 06:04

Rep: (24)
I think nevertheless that it is necessary to do something similar like for example tablets, including graphs: Firmware name, little statistical data on the number pereproshivok, phone release date, etc. Maybe it will help some to understand "where the legs grow" this problem, since many arguments in this subject will be based only on assumptions, but on the kind of information will be visible though any statistics ...

Rep: (19)
I still think it is important for how the file system partition is running. You can see it for example with the help of System Panel program

The idea with statistics like.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 27/05/20, 21:25