What can be done with the old tablet? | [hand-made] application ideas

Rep: (1991)
What can be done with the old tablet

New life old pda | The second life of the laptop - a monoblock / tablet / docking station | The second life of LCD displays and monitors | Android without battery?

Attached Image

Examples

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 10.06.19, 09:36
Reason for editing: reshaping the header, edited by Kokwe

Rep: (10)
Unnecessary Eken m009s is available. Via8650 processor (up to 800 MHz), android 2.2, 256Mb Ram, 7 'display with a resolution of 800x480 and no battery. I do not want to sell (sorry for the person to whom he will fall). There is an option to make a photo frame from it, or to find any weather application so that the clock and a brief weather forecast are displayed on the whole screen (there is wi-fi). And what would you advise to do with it?

Rep: (222)
An interesting question;).
Can be used as an online radio receiver over WiFi.

Can be used as an online radio receiver over WiFi

Hmm ... not a bad idea

Rep: (43)
Put it in the toilet, and use it for toilet web surfing.

Rep: (5)
If you have an ip camera, you can use it as a janitor

Niknorov @ 04/21/2012, 10:33 PM*
If you have an ip camera, you can use it as a janitor

Ip cameras, unfortunately, no.
Loki69 @ 04/21/2012, 10:12 PM*
Put it in the toilet, and use it for toilet web surfing.

The idea is not bad, but he does not catch the toilet. Yes, and it turns on for a long time, and if you leave it on, it will die very quickly

Rep: (8)
you can cut onions on it

Rep: (1)
check the toilet outlet

Destabilise @ 04/21/2012, 11:05 PM*
you can cut onions on it

Seen enough jokes "what can be done with the old iPad'om?
Zilwert @ 04/21/2012, 11:07 PM*
check the toilet outlet

Yes, I generally spend little time in the toilet, so the option is not for me

Rep: (27)
I would put a normal player there and attach it somewhere before entering the kitchen / shower.
Next, I would buy unpretentious speakers that I would place in the kitchen / shower.
When you want to wash under the fiery rhythms or in order not to fall asleep in the kitchen, you would use it as a remote control attached to the wall. At the same time, it is possible to load the weather / news program or something useful there in unused time. For example, as a timer for boiling eggs or not to forget that you fry)))

You can also buy an IP camera and, instead of a peephole, you can see what is happening outside there.

Many things you can)))

UnmovedMaX @ 04/21/2012, 11:32 PM*
I would put there a normal player and attached it somewhere in front of the entrance to the kitchen / shower. I would have bought a simple speakers that would place in the kitchen / in the soul. When I want to wash up incendiary rhythms or not to fall asleep in the kitchen, I would like Its as a remote, attached to the wall. At the same time in the unused time you can load the weather / news program or what is useful. For example, as a timer for cooking eggs or not to forget that they fry))) You can still buy an IP camera and to make a chamber instead of the eye and watch what is going on there outside.

Thanks, the idea is very personal. Even as a radio (online) can be hung.
P.S. Still, you almost persuaded me all to the ip-camera. I'll shuffle through the Chinese)))

Rep: (70)
Media set-top box

Digma IDx7
OS and firmware: Android 4.0.3

Description of the problem:
Hello everyone, people. I have not used the tablet for a long time (I played enough probably =)) is lying on the shelf and gathering dust. I would like to ask the guru and people in general who have at least some thread of ideas on one interesting question.

There is a TV with a resolution of 1080p, HDMI is. I would like to make from our tablet something like a media console to this device. Maybe someone did this already or knows the manual chtoli.
Interested in management (is there any thread control and the like on BT)
Convenience of work of this unit
Suitable software

Thank you all for the feedback. The TV set is quite good, but with this chip, Smart TV will be better there =)

Not really a problem but did not find a suitable topic.

Post has been editedGepshm - 14.08.12, 07:43

Rep: (2808)
M
Moving to tehnotrepalka>Do it yourself

Rep: (6)
There is a XBMC program for android, while it is damp, but for the PC there is no better program for me. I specifically assembled a computer in the casing from the video player and put this program on autoload, now I have a home network cinema.

Rep: (41)
There is a program called Droidmote. IMHO, the best. Connects android with android. There is everything you need. But, unfortunately, it is not free

Rep: (241)
Gepshm
You can steal the joystick from SONY PS3, and play games on the tablet, displaying everything on TV. You can steal Winch, Claudia and mouse. Remote too.
Put really HVMS.

Rep: (0)
How did the story end?)
The same trouble: I do not know where to adjust the tablet, which is mostly lying around. Who will advise a beautiful widget or something else suitable for displaying the weather, calendar, time + alarm clock to it?

Rep: (2)
I did not think long.

Attached Image
Attached Image

I tried two dozen widgets, stopped at Sense Flip Clock & Weather by Droid27

Post has been editedDjinnyboy - 09.12.12, 22:35

Rep: (116)
Programs torsional photo full.
Can be used as a clock.
Or, if you save electricity, you can download torrents on it. Actually not for everyone, but still ..

Rep: (2)
Excellent media center if used with mouse. Over time, it is familiar to used in nete through the Beta Opera with extension support, to view and download video and audio from Vkontakte I use VKontakte Audio and Video, a very convenient program for viewing online and download), my iDX7 has been completed, an additional The connector for the battery that parallels the main one, increased the working hours in almost the fourth meter with two additional lithium ionic batteries with a capacity of 2600 mAh each, the more batteries, the longer the work time will be, respectively, the batteries must be used with the controller, some Chinese batteries are not equipped with recharging protection and recycling. I charge and additional batteries in the usual way, Introduce the tablets as usual for charging and do not turn off from it. Akb. Charging time will naturally grow several times. You can charge additional batteries and a separate charger, not as great if you connect fully charged batteries to the fully sever tablet, it will naturally recharge the main battery at the expense of an additional battery. Many say it is dangerous, the risk is, but in my experience it is critically small, the more accumulating is equipped with the controller, they will not exceed the current flowing through them.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 27.01.21, 03:14