Questions about working with Windows Server | all that concerns Microsoft server systems

Rep: (2727)
Windows 10 | Windows 8.1 | Windows 7 | Windows vista | Windows xp | Drivers | Antivirus protection | Install Windows | LiveCD / DVD / USB | Network setup | Search for programs and drivers | OS care programs | PC problems | Ambulance laptop owners | Accessories | IT smoker | Windows club

Attached Image

Description
Wikipedia -The line of server operating systems
  • Windows 2000 Server
  • Windows Server 2003
  • Windows Server 2008
  • Windows HPC Server 2008
  • Windows Server 2008 R2
  • Windows Server 2012
  • Windows Home Server -version for home users
  • Windows Home Server 2011 -version for small and home offices
  • Windows MultiPoint Server.
  • Windows Server 2012 R2
  • Windows Server 2016
  • Windows Server 2019
Configuring Windows Server 2008 r2 for home
Attached Image
  • Automatic login
    If you want to speed up the Windows boot process, then you can configure
    automatic login This feature is designed for those situations when one person uses the computer. After setting up automatic login, you will not need to enter a password every time your operating system boots.

To configure automatic logon to Windows, do the following:

1. Click on the Win + R keyboard (or the Run item in the Start menu).
    2. In the window that appears, entercontrol userpasswords2 and press Enter.
    3. In the User Accounts window on the Users tab, select your account and remove the tick from “Users must be enabled”. (Require username and password.)
    4. Click Apply.
    5. In the Automatically Log On window that opens, there will be three fields - User name, Password and Confirm Password. Enter your password in the Password field and again in the Confirm Password field.
    6. Go to the tab "Advanced" and remove the flag Require pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL.
    Everything. From the next system reboot, you will no longer need to enter your password. Logging into Windows will occur automatically.

• Disable event logging
    Attached Image

• Include components
    Open "Server Manager" (there are two boxes in the taxbar), select "Add components" at the bottom right. We put daws on
    1. Features. NET Framework 3.5.1
    2. Desktop features.
    3. So what do you personally need.

• We treat IE from paranoia
    In the Server Manager window, select "Configure Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration" on the right and set "Disable" in order not to suffer from Internet Explorer when downloading any page on the Internet.
  • Induce beauty
    1.In services we start Windows Audio; Themes. (Auto)
    2. Run the DirectX diagnostic tool.
    Press Win + R on the keyboard (or the Run item in the Start menu).
    In the window that appears, enterdxdiag and press Enter.
    Go to the tab "Screen". In DirectX capabilities, we include (if possible) Direct Draw acceleration, Direct 3D acceleration, AGP texture acceleration.
    3. Start, with the right mouse on Computer, Properties, Left "Advanced system parameters", Speed ​​- parameters, Provide the best view (Choose at will).
    All the delights of Sevens included.

• Solve problems with games
    1. To go all (well, almost all) games we need to leave DEP only for Windows applications, and also install the gameux.dll library (which needs to be torn out from the client version of Windows 7 x64). We copy it in syswow64 and in system32.
    Now turn off DEP - My computer (right click) - properties - additional system parameters - performance parameters - Prevent data execution and set to a high value (only for basic Windows programs).
    2. Add a joystick applet. Unpack the archiveAttached filejoy.rar(102.12 KB)
    to the root of the C: drive, reboot.
  • Installing gadgets
    1. Unpack the archiveAttached fileSidebar.rar(4.12 MB)

2. Run the file "install.cmd" from the Sidebar folder.
    3. Open the Task Scheduler, Action, Create Task, General - enter the Sidebar, below set "Run regardless of user registration". Action, Create (below), the path to "sidebar.exe".
    Reboot and immediately everything works.

Provided by:Win & Soft DG
Otmaza: The author is not responsible for the consequences of the application of these tips. Material is provided "as is"

Post has been editedstp101 - 26.03.18, 22:47
Reason for editing: New cap author AndrewP_one

Rep: (0)
Hello!
We work at work by remote access, there is Windows Server 2003. Often it happens that it is cut down (for frequent on weekends) and gives the following error:
Attached Image

After that, the server is just overloaded with the reset button and it is already working. It is as if in some kind of sleeping mode or something, I do not know, but it is definitely not turned off. When it is really turned off, when it is connected to it, it already writes:
Attached Image

Maybe there are good system administrators here who can help in my situation.
Thanks a lot in advance!

Rep: (1154)
judoistuk
Greetings
You did not say the most important thing. Therefore, ask the question yourself: When the server is "not responding," does it perform its other server functions, or do they also hang tight?
It is as if in some kind of sleeping mode or something, I do not know, but it is definitely not turned off.
Connect the monitor tried?

I see the problem like this: the power supply unit has pretty much lagged and started to pulse. From this, the network has become very often hang themselves (yuzhnik?), Respectively, the work stops due to overloading the receive buffer.

tempico,
The most important answer:
When a server is "not responding," does it perform its other server functions, or do they also hang tightly?

The server has no other functions, like giving terminal access to other computers. Connect the monitor and check in what condition it is, unfortunately, no. Here are just the screenshots of errors he put out, which he gives out when you connect to it.
From this network has become very often hang themselves (yuzhnik?)

^ what does this mean, but I did not understand: blush:

Rep: (1154)
judoistuk @ 03/20/2012, 10:46*
what it means
This means that in any case, you need to find a monitor and check for interestingness and confirmation of the fact of a complete freeze (this confirms that the problem is in the hardware, not in the operating system / software. Without this, we will simply poke a finger at the sky). In extreme cases, disconnect Monique from your terminal and connect it to the server. In general, for the first time in my practice, I hear that in case of problems with the server, the monitor is not connected first. It is strange.
You also need to turn off the server, disassemble and check for the absence of dust, overheating, check the RAM for errors. Need to see server logs. There are always indicated the reasons for friezes and failures. (It is possible that a blue screen appears on the server, so a monitor and a small memory dump will be needed anyway.) Check the quality of the power overboard and on board the server. Hope the server is connected via UPS (surge protector)?

Most likely, the "blue screen of death", just the server is far buried and it will be difficult to attach a monitor to it, and decided to throw off errors, ask if anyone knows the thread. Thanks for the consultancy :), and by the way, it will be necessary to blow it all the same and connect it via the UPS.
When this problem happens again, I’ll plug in the monitor and let me know what it was.

Post has been editedjudoistuk - 20.03.12, 13:20

In this article, we will look at how to use the command line tool from Microsoft to license your Windows 2008 Servers from the command line, see how much time is left before the license expires, and how to uninstall the license. This tool is slmgr.vbs.
What is slmgr.vbs?
The tool name is an abbreviation for Windows Software Licensing Management Tool.
This is a visual baseline script used to configure the licensing of any Windows 2008 Server, whether it be the full version or the core version. To see what slmgr.vbs can do, simply run the Windows command interpreter (cmd in the Run line) and enter:slmgr /?
Attached Image

• Manage licensing not only on the local server, but also on remote Windows 2008 Servers servers over the network. This requires a username and password. The default managed machine, if not specified, is the local host (localhost).
  • Installing product keys using the ‘optionipk .
  • Activating Windows 2008 with the ‘optionato .
  • Displaying licensing information using the ‘optiondli .
  • Displaying detailed licensing information using the ‘optiondlv .
  • View the expiration date of a Windows license using the ‘optionxpr .
  • Clean up current Windows product keys from the registry for security reasons using the ‘optioncpky .
  • Installing a license using the ‘optionilc .
  • Reinstalling system license files using the ‘optionrilc .
  • Reactivate a Windows Evaluation License with the ‘Toolrearm .
  • Delete a specific product key using the опции optionupk .
  • Displaying the installation ID used by Microsoft to activate by phone using the ‘optiondit .
  • Finally, product activation with confirmation ID using the optionato .

If you are evaluating Windows Server 2008, you should know that license activation is not required. An evaluation version of Windows Server 2008 will run for 60 days. Although many administrators do not know, you can resume the evaluation period for another 60 days, you can do this three times. So you can evaluate Windows 2008 Server for 240 days, or about 8 months - wow!

You can resume the evaluation version of Windows 2008 using slmgr.vbs. To do this, simply enter:slmgr -rearm
Attached Image
To see how much time you have before the current evaluation copy expires, just type:
slmgr -xpr
Attached Image
In fact, Microsoft even has an interesting document in the knowledge base on how to automatically increase the estimated period using the script. By applying this script, you can use Windows Server 2008 for a full 240 days without having to do anything. For more information on this, see the article.Microsoft KB 948472.

How to get detailed information about your license Windows Server 2008?
To obtain more detailed information than just the expiration date of the license (which is provided by the xpr command), you can usedli or dlv options.
Team 'dlv provides more detailed information about the current license status.
Attached Image
How can I activate my license on a Windows 2008 Server Core server?
As I said before, in listing options, slmgr.vbs is used to activate Windows 2008 Server from the command line. And in Windows Server Core, which has only a command interpreter, you have to use slmgr.vbs to activate the Core server from the command line. Therefore, it is very important to know how to use slmgr.vbs if you have Windows Server Core. But in my opinion, nevertheless, every administrator should know the basics of using this script.

So, let's say that you just installed a new Windows Server 2008 Core server and want to activate it. Suppose you entered a product key during installation. To activate your OS, just enter:slmgr -ato

If your network is not yet configured, or there is another error, you should see a window like this:

Attached Image

I received an error because I have not yet configured the IP address on the Win 2008 Core Server. And then I again received an error notification, because I did not configure the DNS settings and the main gateway. Keep in mind that all these things are necessary for successful activation of Windows 2008!

If you did not enter the product key during installation, you can enter it into slmgr.vbs from the command interpreter:slmgr -ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
(Suppose you have a MAK key, not KMS)

Here you can try automatic activation again.
If everything went fine (as I finally had), you should have a window saying that the product was successfully activated.
Attached Image
Hooray!
How to work with licensing of remote Windows 2008 Server servers using slmgr.vbs?

As I said earlier, you can work not only with licenses of local servers, but also remote Win 2008 Servers from the command line using slmgr.vbs. You only need the server hostname (hostname / IP address), as well as the administrator username and password.

To do this, simply place the machine name (machinename), then the username (username), and then the password between the slmgr command and the options as follows:
slmgr server2 administrator MyPassWord1 -xpr
About Windows keys
  • Volume: M ultiple A ctivation K ey is a multiple activation key, activation takes place online, after each activation the number of available activations is reduced by one.
  • Volume: G eneric (or G roup) V olume L icense K ey - Client key for activation via KMS (Key Management System). These keys are currently known and should be written into the client software. It can be either a Windows system or an Office and its applications.
    Activated by this key, the product refers to the KMS-servers for activation (at least 1 time in 180 days)
  • Volume: C ustomer S upport V olume L icense K ey is the key that activates systems that can become a KMS server and can further activate client systems.
  • O riginal E quipment M anufacturer: S ystem L ocked P re-Installation - These are keys pre-installed by computer manufacturers. Used to activate the system without an Internet connection (Off-Line OEM activation).
    Such a computer contains in its BIOS a SLIC (S ystem L icensing I nternal C ode), which contain the information about the name of the manufacturer, sometimes - information about the species collected by the computer manufacturer, and reaffirming its licensors. For this type of activation in the system must also be installed on your computer manufacturer's certificate file (* .xrm-ms), confirms the LICENSE established manufacturer in the computer system. SLIC and certificate file must match. OEM: SLP keys are set independently from the name of the manufacturer and must comply only edition of Windows.
    OEM offline activation is currently performed, mainly for Vista and Windows 7. For Windows 8, this activation is not provided.
  • O riginal E quipment M anufacturer : D ata M anagement - These are the keys preinstalled by computer manufacturers to activate the system via the Internet (On-line OEM activation).
    Such a computer contains in its BIOS an MSDM tag (M icro S oft D ata M anagement), which contains information about the manufacturer and confirms the licensing of the computer assembled by the manufacturer and the system installed in it. The plate also contains an OEM key. Primary activation of the system by telephone, repeated activation via the Internet. The number of repeated On-line OEM activations is not limited yet.
  • O riginal E quipment M anufacturer: NON S ystem L ocked P re-Installation - These are keys that are distributed and maintained by manufacturers of computers that do not contain SLIC or MSDM labels in their BIOS. Activation by network or phone. Currently, such activation is quite rare.
  • O riginal E quipment M anufacturer: C ertificate O EM A uthenticity - The key on the sticker on the computer case supplied by the manufacturer. Required to reactivate if the user reinstalls the system. Activation by phone or network.
  • Retail Keys are designed for operating systems purchased in the retail network (the so-called "boxed versions" of Windows). Activation both by telephone and through the network.
http: //forum.ru-board...start=0&limit=1&m=10#1

Post has been editedShoore - 14.10.14, 17:51
Reason for editing: sick sheet

Rep: (8)
Tell me how to make it so that when installing the program, Windows is defined as win 7, not win 2008. Otherwise, there are some problems with installing programs on the server Windows.

Rep: (24)
Tell me please, maybe someone had experience in this case:
There is a server with windows server 2008 r2 network comes to NIC 1, the batch file at startup launches l2tp-connection, it share the on NIC 2 which is plugged a switch to the client computer (actually Windows assigns ip clients dhcp), standing program connectify that fumbles the Internet at a WiFi card for mobile \ notebooks with which to wander around the room from time to time the Rules of the steering wheel through the firewall, but still had enough and want a single gateway instead of a bunch of patches and prog. Tried to move to Linux Zentyal but he does not hold l2tp ... Is there a windows program that provides a single point of network management \ connections? Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway, in principle, it does, but there I think access to the internet using a client program authorization. What advise to small businesses? Critical to the server itself looked to internet without modems.

Rep: (2833)
darkgtbk
I have been using traffic inspector for 5 years.
At first I had a router that raised the connection to the prov, then the first server network card, then the traffic inspector, and then the LAN.
But once I got tired of it, and TI was updated, I threw out the router, connected the Provo directly to the server, I settled everything through TI, and this is how I work.

Dima714 05/05/2013, 11:38*
Tell me how to make it so that when installing the program, Windows is defined as win 7, not win 2008. Otherwise, there are some problems with installing programs on the server Windows.

hmm, try to enter the properties of the application being run, and find the Compatibility tab;)

I have this problem:
There was an account for a serv in AD, .. well, I deleted it completely by accident: rolleyes:
Now created it turns out again, with the same name, as now without having physical access to the server, to drive it again into the domain?)
PS: I log on it naturally can not)
Zyy: but I see the login screen: lol:

Rep: (3)
Help me please!
There is a server. On the server works base 1C. 1C, we have a remote access office from Cheboksary (I am from Vologda). They needed to make a copy of the base (the operation they do regularly once a month). And for the first time there was a problem with this - when copying, an error "I / O error on the device" comes out.
So the error comes out when copying a single file of about 1.5 GB in size. The error appears when copying using standard Windows tools, when trying to backup a file with Acronix and when trying to make a disk image with Acronix.
Cheboksary does not recommend us to do a disk check using Windows tools (the database may not be able to earn more). They suggest trying to open the hard disk on another computer (I doubt that it will help, but tomorrow I will try) or try to copy the unreadable file by third-party programs.
1. Tell me, are there any other options?
2. Advise the program which you can copy the damaged file? (when copying error gets somewhere 80%).

Rep: (34)
78Max78,
Have backups?
Or once a month?
I would still advise you to make a copy of the disk image sector-by-sector, if everything is sad with a backup.
And then check the disk for errors using Windows.
In general, in the Windows logs should be all the errors associated with the disk.
Well, SMART does not interfere with the look.

Rep: (176)
: thank_you:How to determine from which computer on the network the file is opened on server 2008 R2? This question remained unresolved in the Internet, where I just did not stumble, the posts are very old. Once I somehow managed to find out on the server itself without extraneous utilities, on which machine .xls was running, but I don’t remember that it was for a long time that it was the name of the local user and not the computer name.

Rep: (1947)
flabber-smile
If anyone is interestedAt the momentopened the file then for examplehere. And a million options ...
If anyone is interestedbasicallyopened the file, for example, you need to enableaudit (still). Articlewith opinions.

Here isadviceSpecifically on Excel file.
I tried the advice from the last post on several files on the network. First, not in the Service, but in the Review. Secondly, it shows who has opened the file at the moment, and not at all.

Post has been editedpasha_550 - 15.05.14, 10:24
Reason for editing: else

Rep: (1)
Hello!
I have a task to organize a chat (+ file transfer) between users within one RDP server (domain). There are about 30 users on the server, they communicate via e-mail, I want to organize a chat, who can suggest technologies and ways of implementing this idea that would naturally work and function correctly =)

* akaTaniS, http: //savagemessiahzine.com/ forum / i ... ce = pst & query =% F7% E0% F2
And the easiest way to transfer files is through the internal ball.

All welcome.
There was a problem I do not know how to overcome. System Win Server 2008 R2. Regular data archiving system. I am trying to set up archiving to a shared network folder.
Actually on the next machine created a folder. Shared a specific user with read / write rights. Next on the server I indicate this folder as the archive recording location - this is ok, the system asks for a login / password to access the folder - I enter, I press ok. The next step is the "Done" button. I click and drop the following:
Mistake
Attached Image

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Rep: (1947)
* Levin249, googleugh flows? :-)
http: //technet.microso…0266%28v=ws.10%29.aspx
http: //technet.microso…/library/cc732939.aspx
http: //technet.microso…/library/cc731517.aspx
http://www.oszone.net/..Windows-Server-2008-R2
Do on the manual and everything will turn out. Self-activity is evil.

Post has been editedpasha_550 - 05.08.14, 09:38
Reason for editing: PS

Pasha_550 @ 08/05/2014, 18:29*
Do on the manual and everything will turn out. Self-activity is evil.

Spachibo, of course, do you really think that I would write here without reading these articles? Everything is well laid out there, but it is in the certificate. But this error is not described anywhere and it is very modestly googled: thank_you:

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 11/03/20, 2:58