Solving problems with files on the memory card.

Rep: (2808)
Solving problems with files on the memory card

Solved questions in this topic:

• The disappearance of files and folders from the memory card;
  • Various audio and video players do not see some of the files recorded on the memory card;
  • Files are not copied and / or deleted from the memory card.
If you do not record new data on the card, and the old ones will appear again after deletion
and formatting does not help - map the corpse and restore it will not succeed!

A bit of theory.
FolderLOST.DIR . Why does it fill up?
This folder is created in the case when Android starts File System Check (Analog Windows CHKDSK) and finds lost file chains. These files appear if you pull the memory card at the time when it is recorded. After all, Windows tries to write files using the caching mechanism. When you pull the cable, the contents of the cache does not have time to make an application and the data in the file turns out to be defective. After the device is disabled from the computer, Android starts scanning a map and detects such "broken" files by moving their remnants to the Lost.dir directory.

Useful links:
1. FAQ on devices and Android OS - look in the FAQ for your device, maybe there are described recommended memory cards for a specific model of the device.
2. Look at the topic"Accessories" Your device. It can also be collected useful information on work and non-work cards.
3. Difficult to choose a card? Then look here:Accessories for various devices , as well as a lot of advice was here I want to buy a 32GB microSD card. Advise. , and here: Choosing a flash card

Let's start to practice.

Common to all similar problems actions:

1. Always, before disconnecting the device from the computer, select "Safely Remove"Attached Image, and further, in the device itself "Disconnect USB storage device" (P.S. It may be called differently, depending on the model and firmware of the device).
2. Check the memory card using the applicationScandisk .
3. The problem may lie in the memory card itself. Try formatting it and following the advice above, write files to it.
- How to format:
  • Full formatting using the phone: Menu-Settings-Memory-Unplug the memory card (Remove the card) -Clear the card-Connect the SD-card (PS names and paths may vary depending on the phone model);
  • Formatting using a computer with a choice of different cluster sizes.
  • Formatting using a special applicationSD Formatter or Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool . The so-called "low-level" formatting.

4. Try changing the cache on the memory card using this application:® SD Speed ​​Increase
5. Formatting does not help? Try replacing the memory card with another one.
6. The files you recorded from the computer are visible and not from the device? See if there is a file in the folder where you wrote them..nomedia (hidden file). If there is, delete it.

I.Lost your recorded files on the memory card.
1. It was noticed that some files may disappear due to various installed applications. Solving problems with files on the memory card. (Post # 11633656) . Try to remove the latest installed applications, after which this problem was noticed.
2. Solving a problem with a galleryQuickpic - show hidden folders - folder thumbnails it may be missing photos and videos.
3. If the proposed methods do not help, reset to factory settings. This will help to identify whether the problem was in the programs or, perhaps, also in the firmware.
4. Update the firmware version.

Ii.The music player does not see most of the audio files, the explorer and multimedia players fly out while trying to play.
1. Look at the length of the file name, as well as the presence of any characters in them (punctuation marks, etc.). If the names are too long - try to shorten them. In some cases, this procedure helped. How to do this is described here: Solving problems with files on the memory card. (Post # 14068522)
And
Zorex_samsung @ 05/20/2013, 15:32*
Guys. Thank you for your help, figured out. )) 0
It was really in the "sheep" that were files with flowers, hearts, icons of melodies and other crap. As soon as they renamed them adequately, it immediately stopped flying and started to appear, thanks again for the help.

2. If there are many files and you have placed them in one folder, then the majority may not be displayed. Try to distribute them into several folders, approximately equally.
3. Go to Settings / Applications / Application Management / Applications, find "Media Storage" Clear Data button.
4. If you use a standard player, then try installing any third-partyCustom Application Directory (Post # 11148359).
5. Files downloaded from the Internet (Vkontakte or other sources) are not displayed? See this:Solving problems with files on the memory card. (Post # 13939287)
6. Look at the correctness of filling tags in the file. If there are various unreadable characters in them, then this may be the reason for player / conductor departures. How to fix tags described herehttp://devfaq.ru/ru/q/11647.
6. Also, in solving this problem, formatting the memory card helped.

Useful messages (in the process of filling)
Useful applications
В® NextApp SDFix - Troubleshooting the write to an external SD card in Android 4.4+
В® DiskDigger- Recover deleted pictures, photos, as well as video.
В® AParted (Sd Card Partition)- The program repairs and creates partitions on a micro Sd card.
В® PARTITION-TOOLKIT SD-USB-RU!- Creating and formatting partitions exFAT FAT32 EXT2 EXT3 EXT4 Linux Swap NTFS and ReiserFS.
in the process of filling ...

IMPORTANT!
If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, you should not put a message with the text"Thank! You are super!!!". On our forum, thanks are accepted to express byraising reputationspecific participantPicture.
If you can’t change your reputation yourself (did not score 15 posts), use the buttonPicture
and inform about the desire to change the reputation of the party.

Post has been editedGridzilla - 14.08.18, 18:54
Reason for editing: Typo

Rep: (32)
Gridzilla @ 06/09/2012, 05:33*
rujiuodessa,
Skyline86,
Allcash,
Try a memory card, in a smaller volume or another class.

Yes, here is not in the map along the way. I have 32GB worth. On android 2.2.1, too, the video disappeared. also on mh saw the player sinned or on tubemate. Then they asked for 2.3.5, updated the mh player and tubemate and the files stopped disappearing (already 4 months without disappearing). and the card is not formatted. formatted the card only once on the phone on the day the card was purchased. tel-galaxy gio 5660

all who have problems with files, write your OS and phone.

Posted 09/06/2012, 16:28:

Here we can find the culprit of the disappearance with data about your OS and phone model.

budewmg @ 06/09/2012, 21:28*
yes here is not in the map along the way

So no one forbids checking;)
Bubunka @ 06/09/2012, 20:33*
deleted previously filled MP3s, and the pictures are not deleted from them ...

Try this:Stuck picture (cover) in the player (Post # 11953649)

Rep: (0)
budewmg

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, Android 2.2
I noticed such a phenomenon: If I download movies via tubemate or I make films myself, nothing disappears. As soon as I transfer downloaded movies from a computer to an external or internal sdcrad, the movies start to disappear, especially quickly - after the restart. And all disappear. Films were downloaded from different places, but I got links to desk-tv.nnm.ru

Rep: (4)
Standard gallery does not display media files from SD card

HTC Sensetion XE With Beats Audio
OS and firmware: Android 4.0.3

Description of the problem:
Good day to all. The situation is known, Google is replete with topics on my problem, and found similar questions on our forum, but as it is obvious, the problem was never solved. As for all, the Explorer sees all the files, and the standard player and the gallery do not see the media files .

There have been actions:
I tried:

1 / Factory Reset (Hard Reset)
2 / Cleaning caches.
3 / Search for broken files
4 / Virus Check (Kaspersky Workstation 6.0)

1.1. The problem was solved for a couple of days.
2.2. No results
3.3. No results
4.4. No results

I ask you not to offer to format the flash again and do a hard reset for the phone is not rutovy, and I don’t make a backup of the settings and everything that I’ve been collecting for so long, I already regretted that I just took it all down.

hando88,
With another card (of a different size and class) is it possible to check?

Post has been editedGridzilla - 13.06.12, 04:28

There is an opportunity, but I think it's not a flush because the flash is relatively new, and by the way, the foty that I do myself is first buried and then disappear too = (

hando88,
hando88 @ 11.06.2012, 02:37*
1.1. The problem was solved for a couple of days.

Perhaps because of any application they disappear. Do task killers use? Or can you clean the system regularly?

hando88 @ 06/18/2012, 02:03*
The opportunity is

So try it. Worse from this just will not. Transfer all data from the old card to the new one.

Gridzilla @ 06/18/2012, 07:47*
Do task killers use?

Yes, I use the android assistant.
Gridzilla @ 06/18/2012, 07:47*
So try it. Worse from this just will not. Transfer all data from the old card to the new one.

I assume that everything will work on another card, it is much more interesting to find out the problem on this equipment, although I will try to have a logic.

With applications already conjured try again.

Post has been editedhando88 - 19.06.12, 01:34

hando88 @ 06/19/2012, 06:27*
Yes, I use the android assistant.

Take it down too. Or: again, a complete reset (as an option) and installing the software one by one, until a problem appears. I understand that the last time, after a complete reset, you immediately installed the past applications?

Gridzilla @ 06/19/2012, 07:42*
Did you install the past applications?

Well, because with this software I’ve been driving for a long time, I’ll try, but first I’ll make a root on the phone, there was no way for me before.

I did just the format of the card did not help, I do again the reset to the factory settings, I have not yet checked the other card, I really can not believe that the problem is in the card that you still consider new ...

hando88 @ 06/21/2012, 11:22*
do again reset to factory settings

gave no results .. there is a suspicion that it cant somewhere in the media files

hando88 @ 06/21/2012, 11:51 PM*
gave no results .. there is a suspicion that it cant somewhere in the media files

Yes, apparently, this is the case, it happens that the files can be affected, or damaged, which cause scan processes to be overwhelmed ..
So now I am considering several solutions:
1 / You can of course take down all the files, and upload one by one, and watch what is happening (as with the muzlo and with the photo)
2 / With the help of the explorer is tormented with the opening of hiding files and folders

How do I figure it out, tell you how it was easier and whether the problem was solved 100%

p.s. Damn well, I did not think of it before, I made a hard reset to restore everything without a backup = (

Post has been editedhando88 - 21.06.12, 23:33

hando88 @ 06/22/2012, 00:32*
How do I figure it out, tell you how it was easier and whether the problem was solved 100%

In general, I threw away the folders by deletion, I can say I found that everything stops, now I don’t have time to do it, I’ll finish my question by the fact that my situation is not at all individual, most likely the problem is in the tracks downloaded from the contact where the characters are not needed pegged. (Question Closed)

Post has been editedhando88 - 21.06.12, 23:48

Rep: (3)
Does not see the music files from the map, nor the EU Explorer. neither the stock file manager, the stock player, oddly enough, sees and reproduces everything. The format did not help, do not tell. what to do?

Gibrail,
In ES Explorer, in the settings, enable show hidden files.

Rep: (27)
What I found out - the PC initially knows (see spoiler) that the phone will not see the composition, but no renaming of progress was given ... I think maybe the music should be converted in a certain way?
Attached Image

The only solution to the problem found by me (who knows how to use it):
1 - all music copied to PC
2 - open the ES-Explorer, connect via LAN to the folder on the PC in which the music
3 - hold on it - Copy to .. - to any folder on the device
As a result, after half an hour, my 200 songs flew through the air to the SD card and all 217 pieces played normally;)

Formatted both by phone and PC, and FAT32 u FATex u NTFS - all to no purpose (
By the way, today half of the music disappeared again (
Well, for nepruha ...
There are suspicions that the problems are due to the fact that almost all the music is downloaded from the contact, although 2 albums are downloaded from NNM, but they are partially displayed ... the bitrate needs to be seen, damn, how complicated everything is

K177ok,
Open the problem files on the BB with any tagging utility. Look, maybe there really is a lot of unnecessary characters (dashes, containers, dots in the names, comments). Try to register all the tags manually, or delete them altogether, leaving only the names. And experiment with the names (that is, Russian / English)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 05.12.20, 20:36