Solving problems with files on the memory card.

Rep: (2806)
Solving problems with files on the memory card

Solved questions in this topic:

• The disappearance of files and folders from the memory card;
  • Various audio and video players do not see some of the files recorded on the memory card;
  • Files are not copied and / or deleted from the memory card.
If you do not record new data on the card, and the old ones will appear again after deletion
and formatting does not help - map the corpse and restore it will not succeed!

A bit of theory.
FolderLOST.DIR . Why does it fill up?
This folder is created when Android starts the File System ChecK (analogue Windows Chkdsk) and finds the lost files of the chain. These files appear if you pull the memory card at a time when it will be written to. Because Windows attempts to write files using a caching mechanism. When you pull out the cable, the cache contents are not to be stored on the disk and the data in the file are defective. Once the device is disconnected from the computer, Android starts scanning the card and finds such "broken" files by moving them to the remains of the directory LOST.DIR.

Useful links:
1. FAQ on devices and Android OS - look in the FAQ for your device, maybe there are described recommended memory cards for a specific model of the device.
2. Look at the topic"Accessories" Your device. It can also be collected useful information on work and non-work cards.
3. Difficult to choose a card? Then look here:Accessories for various devices , as well as a lot of advice was here I want to buy a 32GB microSD card. Advise. , and here: Choosing a flash card

Let's start to practice.

Common to all similar problems actions:

1. Always, before disconnecting the device from the computer, select "Safely Remove"Attached Image, and further, in the device itself "Disconnect USB storage device" (P.S. It may be called differently, depending on the model and firmware of the device).
2. Check the memory card using the applicationScandisk .
3. The problem may lie in the memory card itself. Try formatting it and following the advice above, write files to it.
- How to format:
  • Full formatting using the phone: Menu-Settings-Memory-Unplug the memory card (Remove the card) -Clear the card-Connect the SD-card (PS names and paths may vary depending on the phone model);
  • Formatting using a computer with a choice of different cluster sizes.
  • Formatting using a special applicationSD Formatter or Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool . The so-called "low-level" formatting.

4. Try changing the cache on the memory card using this application:® SD Speed ​​Increase
5. Formatting does not help? Try replacing the memory card with another one.
6. The files you recorded from the computer are visible and not from the device? See if there is a file in the folder where you wrote them..nomedia (hidden file). If there is, delete it.

I.Lost your recorded files on the memory card.
1. It was noticed that some files may disappear due to various installed applications. Solving problems with files on the memory card. (Post # 11633656) . Try to remove the latest installed applications, after which this problem was noticed.
2. Solving a problem with a galleryQuickpic - show hidden folders - folder thumbnails it may be missing photos and videos.
3. If the proposed methods do not help, reset to factory settings. This will help to identify whether the problem was in the programs or, perhaps, also in the firmware.
4. Update the firmware version.

Ii.The music player does not see most of the audio files, the explorer and multimedia players fly out while trying to play.
1. Look at the length of the file name, as well as the presence of any characters in them (punctuation marks, etc.). If the names are too long - try to shorten them. In some cases, this procedure helped. How to do this is described here: Solving problems with files on the memory card. (Post # 14068522)
And
Zorex_samsung @ 05/20/2013, 15:32*
Guys. Thank you for your help, figured out. )) 0
It was really in the "sheep" that were files with flowers, hearts, icons of melodies and other crap. As soon as they renamed them adequately, it immediately stopped flying and started to appear, thanks again for the help.

2. If there are many files and you have placed them in one folder, then the majority may not be displayed. Try to distribute them into several folders, approximately equally.
3. Go to Settings / Applications / Application Management / Applications, find "Media Storage" Clear Data button.
4. If you use a standard player, then try installing any third-partyCustom Application Directory (Post # 11148359).
5. Files downloaded from the Internet (Vkontakte or other sources) are not displayed? See this:Solving problems with files on the memory card. (Post # 13939287)
6. Look at the correctness of filling tags in the file. If there are various unreadable characters in them, then this may be the reason for player / conductor departures. How to fix tags described herehttp://devfaq.ru/ru/q/11647.
6. Also, in solving this problem, formatting the memory card helped.

Useful messages (in the process of filling)
Useful applications
В® NextApp SDFix - Troubleshooting the write to an external SD card in Android 4.4+
В® DiskDigger- Recover deleted pictures, photos, as well as video.
В® AParted (Sd Card Partition)- The program repairs and creates partitions on a micro Sd card.
В® PARTITION-TOOLKIT SD-USB-RU!- Creating and formatting partitions exFAT FAT32 EXT2 EXT3 EXT4 Linux Swap NTFS and ReiserFS.
in the process of filling ...

IMPORTANT!
If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, you should not put a message with the text"Thank! You are super!!!". On our forum, thanks are accepted to express byraising reputationspecific participantPicture.
If you can’t change your reputation yourself (did not score 15 posts), use the buttonPicture
and inform about the desire to change the reputation of the party.

Post has been editedGridzilla - 14.08.18, 18:54
Reason for editing: Typo

TeQn1c,
Which players are using? Try MX video player, just download the codecs for it to your machine and try to change the settings in the "software" or "hardware" decoding.

Rep: (0)
and its use is noticed sleduyuschie- copy via cable pamyati- all file card corpse those normally never played back, even if it is back on the PC will throw distortion and freeze, as if he is not fully swinging. but if one is in the phone's memory to download it all okay.

TeQn1c,
Now try to format the memory card. Desirably applications of caps. And check it for errors Windows. If you do not help, try another, and another volume class.

Gridzilla
Actually thanks, hat almost rescued, the rest thought: - use SD Formatter formatnul took it somewhere hour 2. put all earned podvisanie there, but little - can live. He drew the attention of that formatting program chosen size 32kb cluster formatted again, but with a cluster of 64 kb - Relevant everything worked no hint of jerk, hang and so on.

Rep: (13)
Now, does not change the files you delete, record, and formatiruesh like it is evident that there is a change, but after remounting all again as it was. Files are read, but not all, sometimes copied correctly. Card reader not.
Map 2 of: fat 32 and ext2.

Post has been editedfaryk - 02.03.13, 15:02

Rep: (1)
The device - Motorola Droid RAZR M
Memory card -http://ru.sandisk.com/products/memory-card.../?capacity=16GBFat32, 8K cluster
The problem - Kicked off the music on a flash drive, folder 3 - 88,108,94 faylov.Polzuyas standard file manager at the entrance to the Music folder where all 3 of these folders flies. If you use a third-party file manager crashes when I go to the folder where the file 108. Player and native and third-party departs.
Is Android is so weak that it is not in the 1 folder to see the files are in 100?

Guys please help Hi everyone I aparata se wt19i throws pc music through half a cord of music is presented in your phone and the other half is not but if you insert the flash drive into a car there proigryvaetsya music which is not even in the player! what to do

L1GR @ 04.03.2013, 15:16*
Is Android is so weak that it is not in the 1 folder to see the files are in 100?

In most cases, it's not in android, but in the memory card (class volume is formatted and its compatibility with the device).
You can check - if there is another, smaller volume, try it. Either its format, changing the size of the cluster.

dadugan1g,
Describe what you tried out hats.

faryk @ 02.03.2013, 19:01*
Now, does not change the files you delete, record, and formatiruesh like it is evident that there is a change, but after remounting all again as it was. Files are read, but not all, sometimes copied correctly. Card reader net.Na map 2 of: fat 32 and ext2.

Use HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, he wrote, that should write protection, though no protection is not set. Root explorer can do something.

Rep: (2)
faryk @ 04.03.2013, 19:20*
Quote (faryk @ 02.03.2013, 19:01)
Now, does not change the files you delete, record, and formatiruesh like it is evident that there is a change, but after remounting all again as it was. Files are read, but not all, sometimes copied correctly. Card reader net.Na map 2 of: fat 32 and ext2.
Use HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, he wrote, that should write protection, though no protection is not set. Root explorer can do something.

exactly the same problem, it is necessary write-protected. how it is possible to remove?

People tell me where to go, does not update the music library in your player?

Rep: (121)
S.Aleks.,
If in your own player - in the topic of your device. If the player hand - in a relevant subject

bibizlobo
Map accidentally SDHC?

We SDHC 16Gb me from Transcend.

faryk
Look for a card reader. Tlko one that supports card and format it.

The problem: micro SD card is no longer mounted, and the plate can not see it. If you connect through the SD-adapter into the slot on the docking station, it can be seen.

Details:
There are ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF300TG, charged to 100% (and the tablet battery, and keyboard-dock battery), connected to a power outlet.
I was Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich, the original WW Stock firmware version 9.4.4.40. The bootloader is not unlocked, root access was not - in general, to date about the firmware update and accompanying dances with a tambourine did not think.
I bought a card microSDHC TRANSCEND 16GB, Class 10, TS16GUSDHC10 (here thishttp://www.citilink.ru/catalog/gadgets/flashcards/617028/).
Downloaded from the official website of ASUS specifically for this model (TF300TG) is for firmware version WW WW version 10.4.3.9 with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
Everything according to the instructions (which is this:http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF...pdate_SOP.pdf):unpack the downloaded archive (turned inside ZIP-file with the firmware) in the root of the said card, connected to a computer through a USB card reader Transcend.
Safely remove the card reader from Windows. I pulled out a micro SD card.
I put it in the micro SD-slot plate. Saw in the area next to the clock icon with a triangle about the System update available.
Pressed the screen, launches the update. Micro SD card from the tablet did not take out (the one with the same firmware file is, try to remove it in the firmware!), The button is not pressed, waiting for the end of the firmware.
Firmware is successful, I began to work and noticed that the micro SD card is no longer recognized by the tablet.

The audit revealed the following:
- The card is seen on a tablet, and is operating normally (reading / copying files), if it is through the SD-adapter bundled, voktnut in the SD-slot dock.
- If you plug it into the micro SD-slot on the tablet, the folder / storage folder visible / storage / sdcard1 with attributes D --- and zero size.
- When it to stick a micro SD-slot plate ten seconds brakes (probably trying to mount?)
- On a computer card that is connected via the same card reader, it is functioning normally.
- Check card using h2testw.exe - the apparent size of an application to the settings - 14990 MB.

The following steps do not help (the card still is not visible, if it is to stick to the micro SD slot plate):
- I tried to format in FAT32, NTFS with all possible cluster sizes, making quick format, full format, like a standard Windows utility, and SD Formatter'om.
- Tried to delete a section from the card, how to create a new principal, make it active and formatted in FAT32 and NTFS utility Minitool Partition Wizard Technical Edition.
- reloads the plate, loaded it as a cold boot, then wipe, doing factory reset: not inserted in the micro SD slot card, with her formatted to FAT32 with the standard cluster size, with it formatted as NTFS with a standard size of the cluster - a total of 12 different combinations.

The situation is very similar to the one described here:http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/tra...n-update-6.html

Post has been editedizogfif - 11.03.13, 03:17

Rep: (4)
I noticed that many complain about the cards 32GB Class 10. I have a similar situation. With sell telephone card sent Samsung 32 10 GB class. A few days later I noticed that the files on the card are thrown off after a certain point just begin to disappear. After various experiments, I decided to get rid of the card files of H2testw. As a result, it turned out that the card is actually on the 4GB and speed corresponds to class 4. The test results are applied. I hope that someone can help ...
Attached Image

Rep: (3)
people such garbage happens: Players are blind audio and video files, but if the standard clock set alarm ringtone and select it (using the es conductor), the player immediately see the selected file. USB flash drive formatted tags changed - does not help. who then tell me? klatsat songs through the Service does not provide - is not an option: suicide:

Rep: (121)
~ Yorik ~,
and Deleting Data in players, well, Storage media, no?

Rep: (3)
Does not help

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 17/06/20, 17:21