Solving problems with files on the memory card.

Rep: (2807)
Solving problems with files on the memory card

Solved questions in this topic:

• The disappearance of files and folders from the memory card;
  • Various audio and video players do not see some of the files recorded on the memory card;
  • Files are not copied and / or deleted from the memory card.
If you do not record new data on the card, and the old ones will appear again after deletion
and formatting does not help - map the corpse and restore it will not succeed!

A bit of theory.
FolderLOST.DIR . Why does it fill up?
This folder is created when Android starts the File System ChecK (analogue Windows Chkdsk) and finds the lost files of the chain. These files appear if you pull the memory card at a time when it will be written to. Because Windows attempts to write files using a caching mechanism. When you pull out the cable, the cache contents are not to be stored on the disk and the data in the file are defective. Once the device is disconnected from the computer, Android starts scanning the card and finds such "broken" files by moving them to the remains of the directory LOST.DIR.

Useful links:
1. FAQ on devices and Android OS - look in the FAQ for your device, maybe there are described recommended memory cards for a specific model of the device.
2. Look at the topic"Accessories" Your device. It can also be collected useful information on work and non-work cards.
3. Difficult to choose a card? Then look here:Accessories for various devices , as well as a lot of advice was here I want to buy a 32GB microSD card. Advise. , and here: Choosing a flash card

Let's start to practice.

Common to all similar problems actions:

1. Always, before disconnecting the device from the computer, select "Safely Remove"Attached Image, and further, in the device itself "Disconnect USB storage device" (P.S. It may be called differently, depending on the model and firmware of the device).
2. Check the memory card using the applicationScandisk .
3. The problem may lie in the memory card itself. Try formatting it and following the advice above, write files to it.
- How to format:
  • Full formatting using the phone: Menu-Settings-Memory-Unplug the memory card (Remove the card) -Clear the card-Connect the SD-card (PS names and paths may vary depending on the phone model);
  • Formatting using a computer with a choice of different cluster sizes.
  • Formatting using a special applicationSD Formatter or Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool . The so-called "low-level" formatting.

4. Try changing the cache on the memory card using this application:® SD Speed ​​Increase
5. Formatting does not help? Try replacing the memory card with another one.
6. The files you recorded from the computer are visible and not from the device? See if there is a file in the folder where you wrote them..nomedia (hidden file). If there is, delete it.

I.Lost your recorded files on the memory card.
1. It was noticed that some files may disappear due to various installed applications. Solving problems with files on the memory card. (Post # 11633656) . Try to remove the latest installed applications, after which this problem was noticed.
2. Solving a problem with a galleryQuickpic - show hidden folders - folder thumbnails it may be missing photos and videos.
3. If the proposed methods do not help, reset to factory settings. This will help to identify whether the problem was in the programs or, perhaps, also in the firmware.
4. Update the firmware version.

Ii.The music player does not see most of the audio files, the explorer and multimedia players fly out while trying to play.
1. Look at the length of the file name, as well as the presence of any characters in them (punctuation marks, etc.). If the names are too long - try to shorten them. In some cases, this procedure helped. How to do this is described here: Solving problems with files on the memory card. (Post # 14068522)
And
Zorex_samsung @ 05/20/2013, 15:32*
Guys. Thank you for your help, figured out. )) 0
It was really in the "sheep" that were files with flowers, hearts, icons of melodies and other crap. As soon as they renamed them adequately, it immediately stopped flying and started to appear, thanks again for the help.

2. If there are many files and you have placed them in one folder, then the majority may not be displayed. Try to distribute them into several folders, approximately equally.
3. Go to Settings / Applications / Application Management / Applications, find "Media Storage" Clear Data button.
4. If you use a standard player, then try installing any third-partyCustom Application Directory (Post # 11148359).
5. Files downloaded from the Internet (Vkontakte or other sources) are not displayed? See this:Solving problems with files on the memory card. (Post # 13939287)
6. Look at the correctness of filling tags in the file. If there are various unreadable characters in them, then this may be the reason for player / conductor departures. How to fix tags described herehttp://devfaq.ru/ru/q/11647.
6. Also, in solving this problem, formatting the memory card helped.

Useful messages (in the process of filling)
Useful applications
В® NextApp SDFix - Troubleshooting the write to an external SD card in Android 4.4+
В® DiskDigger- Recover deleted pictures, photos, as well as video.
В® AParted (Sd Card Partition)- The program repairs and creates partitions on a micro Sd card.
В® PARTITION-TOOLKIT SD-USB-RU!- Creating and formatting partitions exFAT FAT32 EXT2 EXT3 EXT4 Linux Swap NTFS and ReiserFS.
in the process of filling ...

IMPORTANT!
If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, you should not put a message with the text"Thank! You are super!!!". On our forum, thanks are accepted to express byraising reputationspecific participantPicture.
If you can’t change your reputation yourself (did not score 15 posts), use the buttonPicture
and inform about the desire to change the reputation of the party.

Post has been editedGridzilla - 14.08.18, 18:54
Reason for editing: Typo

Rep: (218)
Before you turn off the computer, you need to disable yusb through the status bar, and try to format?

Rep: (0)
[quote name = 'Gridzilla' date = '12 .02.2012, 14:39 'post = 11374246]
AK13
As an option - scatter the video in different folders (as was done with audio files here: The problem with audio files on a flash drive (Post # 11158447)
Also check the length of your files. Capture them with short titles.

I tried - by

I did not try to format it. Through the status bar is the same.

After the last disconnection of the SD card, the video file disappeared without recording a new one, just like that.

Post has been editedmax2327 - 12.02.12, 18:58

Rep: (2807)
AK13
Then try to format the card, just copy everything from it first, as described here:I want to clarify the replacement memory card with data transfer ....

After formatting and several connections to the computer and reboots everything seems to be in place, we will look further.
Thanks to everyone who responded.

Unfortunately, after 1 hour I uploaded a new video file on the map again, all the films disappeared except the one uploaded.
I do not know what to do anymore.

Rep: (254)
AK13
Try, if possible, to insert another memory card and / or use the tablet for at least some time without a card.
In addition, still try XP, if the problem is software, should help.

Post has been editedmax2327 - 12.02.12, 21:01

Rep: (216)
AK13 + Look in the folder the file nomedia, if there is, delete it.

In which folder you need to look at nomedia.

Posted 12/12/2012, 21:17:

Unfortunately I can not experiment in the near future with the map.
In a week I will try.
Thank.

Damn, the same thing. And the files disappear both from the built-in memory and from the memory card. Patterns not found.
Flyer, OS - 3.2.1
LeeDroid 4.1.0 Firmware
Movies watching MX Video Palyer 1.5a

By the way, I also have MX Video Palyer. Isn't the dog buried here?
Now I try another card, unfortunately only 2 gaga, large files do not fit. The second day seems to be fine. We will continue to look.

Same problem. It is the same video player. In a strange way, videos disappear from the video folder and from subfolders in a random order. The pattern has not yet revealed, but so far I sin on TubeMate (it works with the same folder). No oddities for this application is not watching? LG P500.

Rep: (32)
and i also have mx video and tube mate. and also a couple of times the video files mysteriously disappeared from the map. for some reason, however, there was always a video taken by the camera. and video files disappear from any folders, not only with video. also sin on mx video. although now thinking about tube mate. may well be his work.

I have no TubeMate and have never had it. But the files disappeared anyway .... Now, like this disgrace has stopped - perhaps MX Player has been updated. We will see what will happen next.

Rep: (764)
The format of the memory card + hard rezet device.
There was such a problem, it helped.
The software after that installed slowly in order to see suddenly and really the software was to blame, nothing abnormal happened.

Indeed, it's not about TubeMate. Since the last message on 02/26/12, he uninstalled it and used the phone as usual, and now I’m checking it - again the video was gone. Including shot with built-in camera! : angry:

Post has been editedNadaHouse - 28.02.12, 13:36

Rep: (32)
so it turns out that everyone had a mx video player when deleting a video. it turns out that this is all his work. although why such authors do this player is not entirely clear. it doesn't look like a simple glitch.

PanM001 @ 03/09/2012, 00:32*
BuBzonya, read Disappeared photos and videos! Help. can help

Not my situation, although I tried to move the folders to others, did not help. I don’t even know exactly how it all began, I just stuck my headset, I wanted to listen to music and found that it wasn’t there: from

BuBzonya, Try creating several folders and expand files into folders, as well as format SD to fat32

Post has been editedGridzilla - 10.03.12, 09:29
Reason for editing: + from BuBzonya

Splitting into folders did not help. But formatting saved me. Thank you so much. Do not tell me why this could have happened?

BuBzonya, errors on write-read to SD, I also recommend in settings, applications / application management / all / media storage / erase data and reboot the device, nothing will be erased from you. (200-300kb there).

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 22/10/20, 9:47