Solving problems with files on the memory card
Solved questions in this topic:
- The disappearance of files and folders from the memory card;
- Various audio and video players do not see some of the files recorded on the memory card;
- Files are not copied and / or deleted from the memory card.
If you do not record new data on the card, and the old ones will appear again after deletionA bit of theory.
and formatting does not help - map the corpse and restore it will not succeed!
. Why does it fill up?
This folder is created when Android starts the File System ChecK (analogue Windows Chkdsk) and finds the lost files of the chain. These files appear if you pull the memory card at a time when it will be written to. Because Windows attempts to write files using a caching mechanism. When you pull out the cable, the cache contents are not to be stored on the disk and the data in the file are defective. Once the device is disconnected from the computer, Android starts scanning the card and finds such "broken" files by moving them to the remains of the directory LOST.DIR.Useful links:
1. FAQ on devices and Android OS
- look in the FAQ for your device, maybe there are described recommended memory cards for a specific model of the device.
2. Look at the topic"Accessories"
Your device. It can also be collected useful information on work and non-work cards.
3. Difficult to choose a card? Then look here:Accessories for various devices
, as well as a lot of advice was here I want to buy a 32GB microSD card. Advise.
, and here: Choosing a flash card Let's start to practice.
Common to all similar problems actions:
1. Always, before disconnecting the device from the computer, select "Safely Remove"
, and further, in the device itself "Disconnect USB storage device" (P.S. It may be called differently, depending on the model and firmware of the device).
2. Check the memory card using the applicationScandisk
3. The problem may lie in the memory card itself. Try formatting it and following the advice above, write files to it.
- How to format:
- Full formatting using the phone: Menu-Settings-Memory-Unplug the memory card (Remove the card) -Clear the card-Connect the SD-card (PS names and paths may vary depending on the phone model);
- Formatting using a computer with a choice of different cluster sizes.
- Formatting using a special applicationSD Formatter or Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool . The so-called "low-level" formatting.
4. Try changing the cache on the memory card using this application:В® SD Speed вЂ‹вЂ‹Increase
5. Formatting does not help? Try replacing the memory card with another one.
6. The files you recorded from the computer are visible and not from the device? See if there is a file in the folder where you wrote them..nomedia
(hidden file). If there is, delete it.
I.Lost your recorded files on the memory card.
1. It was noticed that some files may disappear due to various installed applications. Solving problems with files on the memory card. (Post # 11633656)
. Try to remove the latest installed applications, after which this problem was noticed.
2. Solving a problem with a galleryQuickpic
- show hidden folders - folder thumbnails
it may be missing photos and videos.
3. If the proposed methods do not help, reset to factory settings. This will help to identify whether the problem was in the programs or, perhaps, also in the firmware.
4. Update the firmware version.
Ii.The music player does not see most of the audio files, the explorer and multimedia players fly out while trying to play.
1. Look at the length of the file name, as well as the presence of any characters in them (punctuation marks, etc.). If the names are too long - try to shorten them. In some cases, this procedure helped. How to do this is described here: Solving problems with files on the memory card. (Post # 14068522)
Zorex_samsung @ 05/20/2013, 15:32
Guys. Thank you for your help, figured out. )) 0
It was really in the "sheep" that were files with flowers, hearts, icons of melodies and other crap. As soon as they renamed them adequately, it immediately stopped flying and started to appear, thanks again for the help.
2. If there are many files and you have placed them in one folder, then the majority may not be displayed. Try to distribute them into several folders, approximately equally.
3. Go to Settings / Applications / Application Management / Applications, find "Media Storage" Clear Data button.
4. If you use a standard player, then try installing any third-partyCustom Application Directory (Post # 11148359)
5. Files downloaded from the Internet (Vkontakte or other sources) are not displayed? See this:Solving problems with files on the memory card. (Post # 13939287)
6. Look at the correctness of filling tags in the file. If there are various unreadable characters in them, then this may be the reason for player / conductor departures. How to fix tags described herehttp://devfaq.ru/ru/q/11647
6. Also, in solving this problem, formatting the memory card helped.
Useful messages (in the process of filling)
В® NextApp SDFix
- Troubleshooting the write to an external SD card in Android 4.4+ В® DiskDigger
- Recover deleted pictures, photos, as well as video.В® AParted (Sd Card Partition)
- The program repairs and creates partitions on a micro Sd card.В® PARTITION-TOOLKIT SD-USB-RU!
- Creating and formatting partitions exFAT FAT32 EXT2 EXT3 EXT4 Linux Swap NTFS and ReiserFS.in the process of filling ...
IMPORTANT! If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, you should not put a message with the text"Thank! You are super!!!". On our forum, thanks are accepted to express byraising reputationspecific participant. Post has been editedGridzilla - 14.08.18, 18:54
If you canвЂ™t change your reputation yourself (did not score 15 posts), use the button
and inform about the desire to change the reputation of the party.
Reason for editing: Typo