RAMdisk, a virtual partition in the computer’s RAM | Programs, settings, discussion, pros and cons.
We collect statistics
Did you know about the possibility of creating a RAM disk earlier?
Yes [ 1134 ] ** [74,26%]
Not [ 249 ] ** [16,31%]
The term is heard, but did not understand the principle of technology. [ 143 ] ** [9,36%]
How much RAM is allocated for your RAM disk?
I do not use a RAM disk [ 484 ] ** [31,7%]
up to 1GB [ 298 ] ** [19,52%]
up to 4GB [ 437 ] ** [28,62%]
more than 4GB [ 184 ] ** [12,05%]
more than 10GB [ 121 ] ** [7,92%]
Total votes: 1527

Rep: (2729)
Attached Image

Ramdisk is a technology for using RAM as a disk for temporary data storage.

The driver of the program emulates in the system a virtual disk (partition) physically stored in RAM.
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAM_drive

Among the many similar products I want to highlightQsoft RAMDisk "Enterprise". The Russian version is free, the program has sufficient functionality and stability.Last available. Tested on Windows 7, 8, 10
AMD Radeon RAMDisk | Primo ramdisk | Imdisk

I suggest here to share experiences on the use of RAM disks, the intricacies of tuning, examples of use, etc.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 29.03.18, 12:00
Reason for editing: ImDisk

Rep: (159)
How to install RAMDisk_Russian_530215.zip on win10? Install cherrez old device, the new device does not appear after the installation. Or win10 does not work?

Rep: (7)
Under tell put two strips of RAM on 2giga and writes that 512 megabytes and the PC slows down.

Rep: (11)
* Aleksey.Motuzny,
what hardware (mother percent) have tried to stick to other slots? in the BIOS that is displayed? how much memory?

Rep: (294)
good day!

is it possible to run Windows RamDisk means 10 Pro?
Here is an example for windows server.https://winitpro.ru/in...isk-na-windows-server/
but in the normal win I do not understand ...

Rep: (52)
biomotor @ 05.05.20, 20:17*
in a normal win I do not understand ...

In this article and the napisano-
The Windows operating system does not have built-in tools for creating RAM-disk, so for this purpose we have to use third-party software (AMD RAMDisk, ImDisk, PassMark OSFMount, StarWind RAM Disk, etc.).

Rep: (5)
* OmTatSat , did?

Rep: (8)
Do not prompt, in what side to dig?
I described hereBut no one answered.
Feeling guilty that RAMdisk.
8 gigs of memory. Win 10 on x64 ovgorskogo.
I made the drive to the rate of 2 gigabytes.
I started having problems with insufficient memory.
Reduced to 1.5. It seems less failures. Now 1.
I can not understand. On older hardware with gigs, when drive 1.5 had a problem on the same Windows.
That it is necessary to adjust ?!

Posted on 07/26/2020, 22:55:

There was an idea to test a memory.
Result

Rep: (159)
* Postiwko, No, I put another prog, speed of growth not seen - demolished and forgotten.

Rep: (135)
ZorKon @ 27.07.20, 00:53*
What should

Try Primo Ramdisk Ultim, the settings only downloading noted without saving when turned off. Where the pace you 2 gig, playing with toys? I do not play so when 4gb memory for the frame drive in just 700Mb, where lie the browser, music player and pace. Of course they need to redirect the system.

Rep: (52)
Does anyone have soft perfect ramdisk actually patched? (Last repack of the rabbit and the chupacabra does not work)

Rep: (0)
Hello! I set ImDisk Toolkit. How to make the data on a virtual disk created in RAM, preserved after a reboot? Looking for could not be found.

After turning off the PC, too Wirth. drive is cleaned, saved only folder Temp directory Windows.

Rep: (553)
GrandGT @ 17.08.20, 00:12*
Hello! I set ImDisk Toolkit. How to make the data on a virtual disk created in RAM, preserved after a reboot? Looking for could not be found.

Use SoftPerfect Ram Disk 4.1.1

Rep: (1306)
.... or tryPrimo

Post has been editedznznznz - 17.08.20, 11:43

@zosma @ 17.08.20, 10:22*
Use SoftPerfect Ram Disk 4.1.1

In ImDisk very good performance, like to read and write, that I can not believe that there is no way to reset the dump, and then its restoration. And most importantly it is free.

Post has been editedGrandGT - 17.08.20, 18:56

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 07/09/20, 04:14