Android Bluetooth Car

Rep: (598)
Android Bluetooth Car

Today I will present to you a manual from the category of "Do it yourself!" On the creation of a machine with remote control via Bluetooth called MOBOT BTcar.
Attached ImageAttached Image
MOBOT BTcar is a simple project that allowed me to better explore the Arduino platform. The idea of ​​the project is simple: to turn a cheap toy car on the radio control into a cheap toy car controlled via Bluetooth from a smartphone, using an Arduino UNO board and a Bluetooth adapter connected to the board and sending a command. In addition, it was decided to install on the auto lighting rear, low and high beam.
We will need:
  • Model cars 1 to 16
  • Arduino UNO Board
  • Bluetooth adapter (BT0417C)
  • 6 white LEDs
  • 2 red LEDs
  • 4 finger batteries (AA)
  • Ni-Mh 650mAh Battery
  • 4 output resistors 1 kOhm.
  • Wires

Assembly Description
First of all, it will be necessary to open the case of the car and unscrew the original control board with wires, this is a strip with a 16-pin microcontroller (8 legs per side). Cheaper models use the RX2 / TX2 Realtek chip or something compatible with what is shown in the picture below.
Attached Image
So what should you do? It is necessary to solder the wires to the outputs of the chip that are responsible for the movementforward , backwards , turbo , right and left . And also do not forget to solder to the ground (GND). You can leave the control chip itself, but we did not do that and threw it out. After all, all management will be done with Arduino.
Once the wires are soldered to the mother board of management, it will be necessary to connect the Arduino, of course solder the wire ends can be directly to the chip on the Arduino board, but we would not advise to do it. It is better to use standard connecting pins on the board and a specially harvested wire, well, or in extreme cases, just solder terminals with control board to them. Firstly, it is easier and more convenient. Well and secondly, each connecting pin is signed, so we understand how to ping and chip Arduino board it is associated, and what function is performed.
Now let's pay attention to the bottom of the finalization - the light. In our model, we used 2 white LEDs as the head light and 2 red LEDs working as taillights. In addition, 2 white LEDs for brighter, we used to simulate a high beam, and the remaining 2 white LEDs went to the rear lights. To install them, you can use a screwdriver or any other piercing-cutting object, for making holes in the housing, or in standard optics.
In the model we used was full-time optics, so we needed to cut the lighting control track on the home board, which would switch control to the Arduino. Here we need the wire again. Short leads (anodes) of all eight LEDs need to connect wires to the GND Ping on the Arduino board. Long terminals of LEDs, it is necessary to pair for each type of light (2 LEDs for low, 2 for driving, 2 for rear lights and 2 reverse) and connected to the corresponding pin of Arduino board via a resistor. The resistors limit the current and protect LEDs from "burning".
After that, it will be necessary to assemble the entire structure. Below is the pin number on the Arduino board and its corresponding control circuit:
  • PIN12 - Forward
  • PIN11 - Back
  • PIN10 - Left
  • PIN9 - Right
  • PIN8 - Turbo
  • PIN7 - Dipped
  • PIN6 - High Beam
  • PIN5 - Taillights
  • PIN4 - Reversing Lights
  • TX - RXD Bluetooth adapter
  • RX - TXD Bluetooth adapter
  • 5V - 5V Bluetooth adapter
  • GND - GND Bluetooth adapter / Common LED anode / Ground for standard control board

Please note that the Arduino TX pin connects to the RXD of the Bluetooth adapter card. This is due to the fact that on one side of the Arduino we use a transmitter (Transmitter) and from the adapter side a receiver (Receiver). For pin RX - TXD all the same.
Here's how everything should look about you:
Attached Image

After completing the assembly of the scheme is only one problem to be solved will be in front of you. This is to ensure supply chains most machines, as well as Arduino boards and other periphery. The machine has a built-in battery, you can try to power the Arduino from him, but we it did not work, the internal battery was not enough to supply all the chains, so we used an extra battery that is taken from an airplane model, placing him outside our cars, for a place in already It was not there.
Arduino board programming
Bygiventhe link below you can download the software for the Arduino board, which will allow you to connect it via Bluetooth with the client application on your Android smartphone
Client part for smartphone
The application that will need to be installed on the phone you can find on our forumhere.
Well, in the end you should have something similar to our project. To check it out you can watch a demo videohere

Original text: http://www.madteam.co/2011/11/07/diy-andro...ar-mobot-btcar/
Thanks for the translation: Ozz_klochkov

Post has been editedz @ drig @ - 09.11.11, 13:20

Rep: (481)
Yo may! What just do not doAndroide !? In addition to the well-known Asus keyboard (price is approximately: ohmy:15tr) now and machine. I always said that behind the platformAndroidGREAT Future!

Rep: (1379)
bal 73,
from the android here is only the client part ... and the Arduino has nothing to do with the android ... by the way a very interesting and entertaining charge :)

Rep: (19)
Came acrosshttp://cxem.net/arduino/arduino.php

Rep: (854)
would give links where they took the Arduino UNO Board, Bluetooth adapter (BT0417C)

bzz11g,
Original text: http://www.madteam.co/2011/11/07/diy-andro...ar-mobot-btcar/
I did not collect or test anything, I just posted an article on the forum, I think ebey can be found without problems

Rep: (854)
Well, then yes, I did not notice the links

bzz11g @ 11/19/2011, 16:50*
Arduino uno

Here, the Chinese accidentally stumbled:http://www.dealextreme.com/p/arduino-uno-2...usb-board-66909 $23.40
and here on ebee:http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Arduin...6.c0.m270.l1313
But bluetooth did not find

Post has been editedz @ drig @ - 19.11.11, 17:15

Rep: (1)
It is not clear on the scheme from which the board itself and the motors are powered

BoyMA @ 01/13/2012, 12:53*
It is not clear on the scheme from which the board itself and the motors are powered

Turn on the fantasy - on the Ardino board there is an input for the power supply, again.
The typewriter scheme is not changed, only control signals are redirected - two.
Although why not used from a single power source - it is not clear ...

And do not tell me how to write a similar program for android?

And do not tell me how to write a similar program for android?

: blink: So it is for android ...

Quote (BoyMA @ 01/17/2012, 4:25 PM) And do not tell me how to write a similar program for android? So it is for android ...

ok cap can you give her code?

Rep: (12)
Found the most important components for assembly. Maybe someone will need.
Bluetooth adapter:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arduino-Serial-Blu...#ht_3820wt_1396
Arduino:http://www.ebay.com/itm/EKitsZone-UNO-ATME...#ht_1046wt_1163
The total cost of ~ 930 rubles

Rep: (9)
Yes, guys! Who can can give a code at least approximately for such a project? So you can see how there is work on the bluetooth in the program.

shururik in the header there is a link to the source, ask there

Post has been editedMaster YODA - 20.03.12, 17:08

shururik @ 03/20/2012, 4:59 PM*
Yes, guys! Who can can give a code at least approximately for such a project? So you can see how there is work on the bluetooth in the program.

http://sdelano.org/bluetooth_car.html

Well, about here :)

Post has been editedLegion666 - 06.05.12, 21:20

Rep: (0)
I had an idea:
With regards to iron: what if you add a web camera of at least 1.3 megapixels, embed it for the front glass of the machine, it will turn out very excellent (transferring direct video to the phone screen, it only seems that you have to use another board) I also think that you need to somehow increase radius of reception and transmission of a signal !!

With regards to the software part: it turns out that the screen receives the video broadcast from the camera installed in the machine so that it was convenient to manage it and watch where it moves it is necessary that the phone was located in a great position therefore have to change the management of the screen (the action to remove the accelerometer) in the lower right corner position the box which you prefer to operate by dragging it left or right, in the lower left corner there is a box which performs forward movement back ..

Well, the rest of the buttons will leave but give them transparency and position at the bottom of the screen. You will have to take a larger machine. Later, I will upload the photo as if everything were on the screen. Maybe someone will be interested and make it a reality

Rep: (0)
I will add:
web camera no more than 2 megapixels with a built-in microphone (it should also be used for wiretapping)
, Even to the entire build to suit portable speakers from sony ericsson MPS-70 well, or that the same or similar to the built-in amplifier (important to know the pinout of the amplifier contacts to all the solder right) speakers to use for listening to music or as a loudspeaker)) would be cool was build in neon in the bottom of the machine, it was of iron, and now software: to listen to music in the program need to add a player, if you use the loudspeaker feature distortion-extracting Rebuild voice like Clownfish program will need another button to switch on \ off neon

I would not regret the budget of 20,000 thousand rubles for such a project.
the main thing is who will step by step instruct how to do everything well and, accordingly, the program on the phone must be new and for the board.
and if on a wi-fi to create a machine, it would be even better !! for exampleYouTubeorYouTube

Now it will be my dream

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedklas_08 - 10.07.12, 19:29

Rep: (18)
Also dealt with a similar topic.
In my version, the STM32 microcontroller is used. The program is also for Android. It is controlled using an accelerometer, the phone must be wired as a joystick.
There are plans to put a phone with Android on a typewriter, transfer video via Wi-Fi to a computer, transfer commands from a computer to a phone, and control O-T-G and FT232RL from a phone via USB. Plus, this UZ range finder.
Began to develop a bunch of OV7670 + FIFO memory + CPLD + ISM transmitter range. But a very difficult pile-up is obtained. It’s much more beautiful to use a Chinese phone for $ 100 and get plus the entire WiFi channel and a powerful enough processor for all math.
klas_08 20 000 thousand rubles - this is 20 million. For the money you can build something more interesting.
Arduin with Wi-Fi Schild is much more expensive than a Chinese phone.
As for the source code, everything is in the SDK examples, take an example with buttons / accelerometers + the "Bluetooth Chat" example.
For any questions, write to the PM. If the questions are adequate, I will answer. But I'm not google.

Post has been editeddelfer - 13.08.12, 19:42

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 30/06/20, 10:26