Your wishes and suggestions | For the section "Firmware"

Rep: (2836)
Good afternoon, dear users.

We try to work actively on the development of our section. Android - Firmware .
And we have an offer for you.
In this topic, you have the opportunity to speak about further improvement and usability of the section.
What would you like to improve? What to add? What is missing? What do you want?
All fresh and useful thoughts and suggestions will be summed up and it is quite possible to be realized in the future.
Your proposal will be given more attention if it is reasoned.

This topic also applies Forum Rules . You are kindly requested to comply with them.
If you started to flood in this topic, then it is guaranteed to be perceived as a direct disrespect to all forum users and punished by increasing the UE and RO.

We are ready to develop and improve the section for you, so that everyone is comfortable.

Post has been editedfobos68 - 24.05.13, 06:00

Rep: (4)
On the sub-forums, you need to do more: each model of the smartphone (phone) on the sub-forums.
Here I will write with an example: I’m looking at the Android Firmware forum, then I choose a manufacturer (I choose LG because I have a phone from this manufacturer), then there’s a list for all the models from this manufacturer, but I would like every model to be in a sub-forum:
GT540
P500
P350
P970
P990
P920
etc. what other models are there.
And also on all manufacturers sub-forums (Samsung, HTC, Acer, Sony Ericsson, etc.) their models separately.

khalikovazamat,
We thought about this model section and came to the conclusion that the themes will be easier. Here for example there was a new device, and there is no section, where to communicate? Creating a partition takes some time and not all user groups have the rights to create partitions. But any user can create a theme, and we consider this an advantage; you don’t need to wait for anyone, take and create a theme for the newly released device.

Rep: (1843)
Guys, I have a rationalization! There is!

It is necessary to create a topic-table of contents, consisting of the caps of the themes for the requests of all devices.
Quite often I come across the fact that by finding something new in a different device, I have slightly redone it in my own. The problem is that this happens exactly by accident. The search does not always work because of slang or a huge amount of information issued by the keyword.
And with such a "table of contents" - no problem.
You can go further by adding to the table of contents not only the caps of the themes but also links to useful posts and badges that did not fit into the headings on the unformatted topic. For example, I posted an update with a script for converting sections from RFFS to EX4 and back. For the topic where he posted this non-format and besides the readers of this topic, he will not receive distribution (in other devices). And if only it was listed in a similar table of contents, then any less experienced reader with another telephony immediately found the paddelka and redid it.
Monitoring of such useful posts can be entrusted to the curators, and the developers should write to you in a personal statement on the changes in the table of contents on the established form.
I, as a decent reader and share-taker, would have done it for the benefit of the development of the android and 4pd forum: thank_you:

finist1,
Having considered your proposal, we madecatalog of topicsfor easy navigation through the section.

Post has been editedSmartecs - 18.11.11, 09:25

Rep: (2)
You can create topics for frequently asked questions with firmware in each manufacturer subforum. Because If the model maker is one, then there are a lot of similar questions that are described and asked in each topic by phone model (which clogs the forum). And to find the answers you have to either ask a question in the thread (again it clogs the forum, and often the thought creeps in that I am not the first and not the last who asked this question: P) or browse a bunch of pages (which spends a lot of time).

Rep: (1774)
Lightway @ 12/08/2011, 17:23*
And to find the answers you have to either ask a question in the thread (again it clogs the forum, and often the thought creeps in that I am far from the first and not the last who asked this question: P) or look through a bunch of pages (which spends a lot of time).

And you can use the search on the topic by keyword. :)

Rep: (2)
And you can use the search on the topic by keyword.

Of course, you can’t argue with that: lol: but he helped me somewhere in 30% of cases for many reasons, and he doesn’t save him from the same questions, because we usually look for the answer only in our phone model. As you want, my business to offer: happy:

Rep: (37)
Something did not find the topic of the tool for gutting firmware. We have to poke on different topics in search.
At the same time, there is something to share. For example Russified NewTuxFlash.

vSowa,
There is suchToolkit developer mods based on Android

Rep: (90)
Maybe it's time to make a section for ZTE!
Just devices enough already.

Rep: (15)
Good afternoon)) For a long time I have been using your content and so far everything has been fine. : happy:
But now I bought myself a new device Acer Liquid Express E320! and on the forum there is not a single topic about it with either firmware or mods.
I'd like to see your work on this device))
Thank you)): thank_you:

stato,
In general, it is not clear what kind of work in question.
New devays Acer Liquid Express E320! and on the forum there is not a single topic about it with either firmware or mods.

Well, obviously when the discussion material appears, then the topics will appear.

The idea of ​​this branch is not much different.

Rep: (419)
I propose to make a separate topic on the lg p500 optimus one phone firmware through the LGMDP program on the forum there are instructions in the posts how to flash the radio module through it, make a downgrade, flash recovery amonra, and there is no separate topic for all of this
so I propose to put it all together

brabus 86,
And why don't you put all the pieces together in one message, the topics of the device firmware and, with the help of the topic curator or section moderators, place the information in the topic header?
After all, firmware through the LGMDP program is just one of the ways to flash the device, which should be in the firmware thread of the device along with other ways of firmware.

Rep: (1343)
brabus 86,
All suggestions for creating themes and filling caps in the subsection LG - firmware, you can send me to the LAN or QMS.

Rep: (1040)
Since so many ZTE devices can be better for her to create a hotel branch in the theme of the android firmware?
(Now all ZTE devices are in the "Other devices" branch)
I think all ZTE users would be much easier :)

Rep: (4)
How about creating a partition for asus devices?

Rep: (453)
Why not put Prestigio products (tablets on Android) in a separate section. There are already topics on models 3084,3384,3074,7080, 7070РЎ. Three new models are on the way. Two pills and a surprise.

Post has been editedsentinel777 - 04.04.12, 23:53

Rep: (1890)
I propose in addition to the template caps to introduce standardization of the names of topics:
-

Samsung Galaxy S i9000 - CyanogenMod 9 ICS
HTC Wildfire (Buzz) A3333 - Android 4 ICS experimental firmware
Acer Iconia Tab A501 - Android 3.2 Honeycomb Firmware
Motorola Atrix (Olympus) - firmware Android 2.3 Gingerbread
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8 (X8i, Shakira) E15 - custom firmware 2.2 Froyo, 2.3 Gingerbread

- when transferring the topic to the manufacturer’s subdivision - remove the company name from the title
- in the topic description indicate additional information about the content of the topic, supported devices

Some of the topics are similarly named, the other part - in a free style and often without any logic in the title.

For example, you can take the theme that I supervise: Samsung Galaxy S Firmware CyanogenMod 9 (Android 4 ICS).
"Samsung firmware" - in the firmware section for Samsung, there is no meaning, we remove it.
After editing, we get: "Galaxy S i9000 - CyanogenMod 9 ICS"
In the description: CyanogenMod 9 firmware for Galaxy S (i9000, i897, t959)

Post has been editedchdiman - 24.04.12, 11:56

Rep: (46)
Story
I want to lay out the firmware and that I definitely need to insert drivers, system utilities

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 29/07/20, 13:21