> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Catalog of Android programs

Cool Tool | System sensors over ALL windows

Rep: (181)
Cool tool
Version: 5.8.6

Last update of the program in the header:21.07.2020

Attached Image

More screenshots ...
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Short description:
A utility that displays system information on top of all windows.

Description:
Available sensors (+ prefix):
- CPU load (CPU)
- Current processor frequency (MHz)
- Free RAM (M)
- Speed ​​and volume of network traffic (n and N)
- The level of Wi-Fi signal (dB)
- Battery level (B)
- Battery temperature (t)
- Number of GPS satellites caught (GPS: fixed / total)
- GSM reception level (S)
- Identification of the most "difficult" process
- Battery consumption (mA) (works on a very limited set of devices)
To display the panel, click "Show Panel" and drag to the desired location on the screen. The call of settings is carried out by double tap on the window.
In a smallvideo clipshows the essence.

I am often asked to add a processor temperature sensor. In Android, there is no standard way to request cpu temperature, but some devices are still able to output a value to a file, which can be read using custom labels. There are several possible ways under the spoiler:
CPU temp paths
/sys/devices/platform/omap/omap_temp_sensor.0/temperature
/ sys / kernel / debug / tegra_thermal / temp_tj
/ sys / devices / system / cpu / cpu0 / cpufreq / cpu_temp
/ sys / class / thermal / thermal_zone * / temp
/ sys / devices / platform / s5p-tmu / curr_temp
/ sys / devices / virtual / thermal / thermal_zone * / temp
* - number

changelog
v5.8.6
- fixed clicks through window on Oreo + devices
To make window transparent for touch interactions: disable drag'n'drop, disable context menu in the settings

v5.8.5
- bugfixes

v5.8.4
- potential overlay crash fix
- proper audio permission handling

v5.8.3
- fix for multicore cpu gauge

v5.8.2
- potential autostartup crash fix
- visualizer crash fix
- compliant app icon
- bugfixes

v5.8.0
- Min supported Android version has been raised to 4.4
- Realtime permissions support. Reviewed permissions list
- Proper Oreo + support. No need to set permissive SeLinux anymore, but root is still required (these features marked with asterisk *)
- Equalizer and VU meter have been resurrected. May not work on some devices.
- Moved slots snapshots (local backup) to the internal storage to avoid extra permissions.
- removed estimated battery current (as useless) and added alternative current api support (enabled by default since it does not require root)
- fixed IO activity (root required)
- more reliable instant traffic data
- unfortunately i had to remove xposed support. it is too difficult to support all status bar variants.

v5.7.0
- Proper fix for 'top' processes on Nougat
- Better Android O compatibility (still may not work in all apps due to this bug:https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/36574245)
- crash fix

v5.6.2
- Non-feature update. Added link to the Privacy Policy document

v5.6.1
- Alternative memory usage mode (see Advanced tab)
- minor fixes

v5.5.6
- repaired long tap menu
- support 10 cores CPUs
- fixed AutoStart feature for some HTCs and Samsungs
- Increased CPU bar width for multicore processors (4+)

v5.5.5
- fixed 'hide when fullscreen' feature
- removed audio tools as deprecated

v5.5.2
- proper Android 7.0 compatibility
- removed Exclusions section (since it does not work on 5.1.1+ anymore due to security "improvements")
- migrated backup / restore feature to the Firebase (since Parse has been shut down)
- fixed 'top process' feature on 7.0 (root required though)
- fixed crash when overlay permission was not granted

v5.5
- Xposed: Fixed overlay modes for Lollipop
- Xposed: ability to suppress status bar notification
- fixed I / O activity for Lollipop

v5.4.1
- UA localization
- Pro version available in Play Store

- Cloud Backup Service available again. Unfortunately, we’ve been able to re-backup again;
- Custom labels able to run linux processes such top, netstat, arp etc;
- bugfixes.

v5.1
- Support of multiline custom labels (e.g. proc / meminfo)
- Tasker intent for toggle service on / off (cooltool_toggle)
- Separate download / upload values ​​(advanced preference)
- add "+" to battery label when charging
- bugfixes

Help
Description of settings:

BASIC
- Schedule. Choose what exactly will display the graph in the background of the panel. Please note that in GPS satellite mode, the signal level of each recorded satellite is displayed. And in mode Battery consumption the schedule is updated as data is received from the sensor (approximately once every 30 seconds)
- Text color. Allows you to select a color at once for all text labels. If you need to choose colors for each label separately, go to the TEXT tab.
- Background color. Select the background color of the bar. In the color selection dialog, use the brightness, contrast and color sliders to fine-tune. To validate the color, click on the colored rectangle.
- Update frequency. Sets the pause between drawing in seconds. Does not apply to battery mA. There is an interval.
- Number of lines for text output. Note that included gnawing process displayed in a separate line, always, regardless of the number of lines.
- Traffic accounting. This list allows you to specify the method of accounting for network traffic. You can restrict your mobile traffic or take into account all, including Wi-Fi and other non-mobile interfaces (only for Android 2.2+)
- Long tap sets an action for, oddly enough, a long tapa. Here you can choose Task Killer (more later) or the second mode of the so-called almost transparency , useful, for example, in games or video player, when you need to urgently hide the panel, without going into the settings. Repeated long press restores transparency.
- Presented in version 3joystick serves for precise positioning of the panel on the screen. It will also be useful for users of Android 4, who have some difficulty dragging with a finger (see ICS Hack).

TEXT
This tab contains switches whose names speak for themselves. On the right side, each switch has a colored button with which you can set the color of the label.

COLUMNS
Here you can choose a set of graphical indicators (in the form of bars), which are displayed to the left of the text. The temperature indicator has the following range: 20 ° C - 55 ° C. The maximum for the network traffic indicator is set in the OTHERS tab in theMaximum throughput. The range of values ​​for free RAM is from 50MB (which is almost equivalent to zero in the Android OS) to RAM-150MB (150MB by rough calculations is the OS itself, so it makes no sense to take it into account). These bars are more likely to provide an approximate visual assessment of the situation in the system. For more accurate data, use text labels.

BLACK LIST
By popular demand, the function of prohibiting the display of the window has been implemented.Cool tool in selected applications. Activate the list and mark the applications in which the panel should be hidden.
This list is a list of running (and recently launched) applications. If the required application is not listed, start it first, then go to the Cool Tool and tick it. The marked application will be saved and will be displayed in the list until canceled.

Shambles
It's time for customization :)
- Additional / fixed panel width. Adds extra pixels to the right of the text. I recommend setting a value other than zero, because unexpected line breaks with text may occur. Always leave some space on the right.
- Font size. Try to include the output in 1 line and slightly increase the text. Perhaps this look you like more.
- Transparency of the text. If you want to turn off the text shadow (black border), just slightly add transparency to the text and the shadow will disappear.
- Graphic transparency sets the transparency of the bars on the chart.
- Column transparency and Background Transparency description do not need :)

Other
- Drag the window. Enables / disables window dragging. At the same time, the possibility of tactile interaction with the help of a double click and a long press remains.
- Snap to the edges makes the window stick to the edges of the screen as you approach them.
- Auto window size. The program tries to fit the text in the window, increasing its size in breadth. With the option disabled, the width of the panel is set manually in the SLIDERS tab using the slider Fixed panel width
- Autoload. Allows you to run the panel with the start of the system.
- Color lights - smart coloring, highlight text labels with a color tint depending on the value.
0% -10% red
10% -20% orange
20% -90% neutral
90% -100% bluish
Values ​​can be inverted for some sensors (CPU Usageeg)
- Fahrenheit. To display battery temperature in degrees Fahrenheit.
- Auto-tuning of network bandwidth. Allows you to adjust the height of the graph to the speed of your Internet connection, with the checkbox turned on, the field is ignored Maximum throughput
- Maximum throughput - sets the scale limit for the graph and the column of network activity. Does not affect the physical bandwidth of the network!
- Reset. If you are completely confused in the settings or for some reason the file with the settings is damaged, click this button. The application will restart and reset the default settings.
- Reset traffic. Resets the traffic counter for the current session. This reset canceled with a full restart of the application. Also, a complete reset of the statistics occurs after the device is rebooted. The option is also available by the button. MENU .
- IceCream Sandwich Hack will help owners of Android 4.0 and above. This option allows you to fix a bug when the statusbar is drawn over the Cool Tool panel. In Android ICS, the StatusBar application was rewritten, and this hack is a necessary measure. A side effect is the panel’s complete immunity to touch. All clicks will go through the panel, including double tapes and long tapas. In this mode, it is most convenient to move the panel using joystick from the main tab. Also hack is available by the button. MENU .

Some features:

The display function of the resource-intensive process itself takes a lot of CPU time. This is due to the fact that linux parsing of the top utility is used to identify the most “gruesome” process. Which on some phones decently slows down. Therefore, I recommend disabling this option if you do not need it.

Task killer
This small bonus allows you to clear the RAM from background processes. If you experience lags and feel that this is due to a lack of RAM, simply select Task Killer from the application menu or assign it to a long tap.

Battery current
This feature is based on the source code of the wonderful widget.CurrentWidget . Unfortunately, it does not work on all devices. The value is taken from a special file that is updated about once per minute.

Resource intensity
applicationCool tool pretty good optimized, consumes a minimum of battery. In sleep mode does not consume at all. However, too many enabled sensors can significantly reduce the operating time from a single charge.
The amount of memory consumed by the application is minimal, despite the fact that some task managers may display irresponsible numbers (25-30mb). All memory leaks resolved. But if it seems to you that there is still a leak, write me an email. Always exit settings with the key.Backor buttonGo out. Thus, the settings window is completely unloaded from memory.

Do not forget to share the application with your friends. Send them a link from the application menu using the optionShare ...

Developer: deviantstudio
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ds.cpuoverlay

download:
Version: 5.8.6 [Paid] (666teen)
version 5.7.0 Cool Tool (Post Alex0047 # 62503662)

past versions:

Post has been editediMiKED - 21.07.20, 12:37
Reason for edit: Update: A new version 5.8.6 [Paid]

Rep: (110)
and where is the APK? : sveta:

Rep: (118)
titov-foto @ 10/17/2011, 8:30*
and where is the APK? : sveta:

I do not give a direct link to the apk yet.
I wanted to watch
statistics in the market first
time.

Yes, no ice: censored:

Rep: (77)
I do not give a direct link to the apk yet.
I wanted to watch
statistics in the market first
time.

Are you a normal author? I doubt. Why lay out the description, screenshots, etc., if you do not give the APK.
Here you have the APK (tore out of the market), use on health.
He told the admins to add to the cap.

Download APK:Attached fileds.cpuoverlay_1.apk(64.32 KB)

Rep: (0)
: yes2: This is exactly what I missed.

Rep: (52)
Thanks for the program! Cool thing.

ShtepSeLb @ 10/17/2011, 08:58*
Are you a normal author? I doubt.

ShtepSeLb in my opinion you're crazy. Write a program and set your conditions.
Yes, and what's the problem to download from the market ??? And everything will automatically be installed on the device.

Post has been editedsag-sag - 17.10.11, 10:39

Rep: (109)
sag-sag @ 10/17/2011, 11:38*
ShtepSeLb in my opinion you're crazy. Write a program and set your conditions.
Yes, and what's the problem to download from the market ??? And everything will automatically be installed on the device.

Well onsavagemessiahzine.comSuch rules, create a theme with the program - lay out the apk. Not everyone has a market on the body and therefore they come to watch programs and games here.
Although the fact that he himself agrees normal, could to the author and respectfully treats.

Rep: (52)
Niter43 @ 10/17/2011, 2:03 PM*
Well onsavagemessiahzine.comSuch rules, create a theme with the program - lay out the apk. Not everyone has a market on the body and therefore they come to watch programs and games here.

I agree with that! Just respect is necessary all the same work of man.

Rep: (90)
deviantstudio
I put the program, set to show the current frequency of the probe, and the schedule - download the probe. The graph is working (changing), and the frequency is frozen. Bug

Attached Image
In the middle of the "plain" this phone just lay before installing the program.
After a sharp drop - this phone lay already after installation.
In terms of energy needs some work ... meybi disable scanning when the screen is turned off<30 seconds?
And turn on when you turn on the screen?

Rep: (483)
Deviantstudio @ 10/17/2011, 05:36*
Found a paid program CPU Monitor Micro. And I decided to try to write a free analogue

Purely RUSSIAN deed! For this, they don’t like us: D and we live to all enemies for evil!
I still do not know whether it turned out or not, I will try!Author RESPECT +

Rep: (20)
The window disappears by itself, then reappears. In setting the connection speed, when you try to erase the number 5, it crashes. And can you make a prog launch when the system starts and in the notification window with the same one? Thank you very much for the program.

I usesavagemessiahzine.com-customer

I put the program, set to show the current frequency of the probe, and the schedule - download the probe. The graph is working (changing), and the frequency is frozen. Bug

By the way, it has just become the same. Hangs at 100% always.

Rep: (84)
deviantstudio

Neponyatka with "Network Traffic". This is what interface? On my tablet, it shows a stable zero when downloading a file via WiFi.

Rep: (181)

I was waiting for this question :)
The program takes data from the depths of the Linux kernel. / sys / devices / system / cpu / cpu0 / cpufreq / scaling_cur_freq
the data is fairly accurate, but it seems they are updated with a delay when using the governor ondemand. If you switch to the governor conservative, the data is updated more often and more precisely (100-200 MHz in idle mode). or let's say in setcpu strictly limit the frequency to 400, then the cool tool will clearly display this with any governor.
In general, all responsibility for the accuracy of the data lies on Linux :) there are no other ways to get the frequency of the process.
if you have any ideas - write

Niter43 @ 10/17/2011, 16:52*
In terms of energy needed refinement ...

hmm I did not notice such an expense. fix in update

Neponyatka with "Network Traffic". This is what interface? On my tablet, it shows a stable zero when downloading a file via WiFi.

It is considered a mobile download + upload interface. I thought that counting Wi-Fi traffic is not relevant. but if necessary - I can add

Golubev03051981 @ 10/17/2011, 17:11*
when you try to erase the number 5 crashes

children's bug, fix it :)

Golubev03051981 @ 10/17/2011, 17:11*
The window disappears by itself, then reappears.

Most likely the android nails the service due to lack of memory. there is already a solution.

Thank you all for the feedback. This is my first development experience for android, which explains some of the dampness of the program :)
fixes will be in the next update.

M
4.16. The answer is forbidden without the text (smile, including text smiles). And also answers consisting only of smiles,or overloaded with them (more than three smiles in one message)

Post has been editedEnotche - 17.10.11, 19:10

Rep: (54)
I thought that counting Wi-Fi traffic is not relevant. but if necessary - I can add

It would not hurt) + left

Rep: (0)
Respect the author! Can the program only display information in the upper tray and not on top of all windows? That is, if I, for example, read a book in full screen and do not want to see unnecessary data ... is it possible?

Rep: (5)
thank you very much ! prog super!

Rep: (483)
Golubev03051981 @ 10/17/2011, 10:11 PM*
And can you make a prog launch when the system starts and in the notification window with the same one? Thank you very much for the program.

After 3 hours, I got back here again with the same question, but they were ahead! :-(
UuuHhh here how many prog interested!

Rep: (3)
I have a tablet, and accordingly the question: is it possible to arrange a window on the Honeycomb on the lower bar?

Post has been editedFl @ nger - 17.10.11, 21:45

Rep: (2)
good program. comfortable. but I did not find any use for myself. Although I keep the apk with me.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 10.11.20, 11:32