iPhone 4S (2011) - Discussion | Diagonal 3.5 / Apple A5 / 512 MB

Rep: (446)
iPhone 4S (2011)
Discussion пїЅ | Description | Mini FAQ or FAQ | Apple iPhone 4 / 4S - FAQ | FAQ | Siri - FAQ | Purchase пїЅ | iPhone 4 / 4S - Accessories | Help пїЅ | [FAQ]on firmware devices пїЅ | iPhone User Club пїЅ

Attached Image

Questions that can not be asked (discussed) in the topic:
Useful information on the device
    Characteristics and specifications:
    Design:
    • The iPhone 4S has retained many design features from the iPhone 4. The front and back are flat, the screen is covered with glass. The cameras on the back and front of the case, the case itself is made of stainless steel with metal buttons. The screen has a size of 3.5 inches (8.89 cm), under it is the button “Home”. The iPhone 4S exists in two colors, black and white. However, the stripes on the side panel were slightly changed, due to the fact that the iPhone 4S has two antennas, compared to the iPhone 4.

Wireless network:

Means of determining location:

Display:
    • DisplayRetina
    • Widescreen displayMulti touch3.5 inches
    • Resolution 960 x 640 pixels (326 ppi)
    • 800: 1 contrast ratio (standard)
    • Brightness up to 500 cd / m2 (standard)
    • Oleophobic coating resistant to the appearance of fingerprints on the front and back panels
    • Supports simultaneous display of multiple languages ​​and character sets

Camera, photo and video:

• 8 megapixel iSight camera
    • Autofocus
    • Touch Focus
    • Face Recognition in Photos
    • LED flash
    • Video recording, HD (1080p sweep frequency) up to 30 frames / s with audio
    • Video stabilization
    • Front camera for still pictures and VGA-quality video (0.3 MP) at up to 30 frames per second
    • Snap photos and videos to the location

Power and battery:
    • Built-in lithium-ion battery
    • Charge via USB from computer or power adapter
    • Talk time: up to 8 hours on the 3G network; up to 14 hours on 2G (GSM)
    • Standby time: up to 200 hours
    • When working on the Internet: up to 6 hours on the 3G network; up to 9 hours on the Wi-Fi network
    • In video playback mode: up to 10 hours
    • In audio playback mode: up to 40 hours

Audio playback:
    • Frequency response: from 20 Hz to 20 kHz
    • Sound formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 kbps), AAC protected (for files fromiTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 kbps), VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX and AAX +),Apple lossless, AIFF and WAV
    • User adjustable maximum volume

TV and video
    Headphones
    Email attachment support

Sensors:
    Contents of delivery:
    • iPhone 4S
    • Apple headphones with remote control and microphone
    • Dock cable to USB port
    • USB power adapter
    • Documentation
    • Clip to remove the SIM card
    Device Reviews:

Known marriage and problems:
Marriage (Industrial Marriage) - This is a product that does not meet the quality standards, specifications and other regulatory and technical documentation, which was adopted by the country's legislative acts, technological rules of the enterprise or other similar regulatory documents.
Useful information
MiniFAQor FAQ
- It takes too long to load applications from the App Store. What to do?
Try it.

- Very interested in the question of strumming when tapping the back of the device. Is this phenomenon normal or not? I read that it can "walk" the battery. If so, how it will affect the operation of the device, can it be turned off?
If, with a light tapping on the body of the smartphone, we hear extraneous noises - this is normal! As you hear the sound made by the rear camera's optical stabilization system. The system is designed in such a way that one of the elements of the system is in a “suspended” state and has a free course along the horizontal and vertical axis. More information about optical stabilization systems can be found.HERE

- How do I know where I came from the iPhone?
Visit this topic:[FAQ] Find out where your iPhone is from

- I have problems with Wi-Fi
Here you can ask your question:Wi-Fi - Help

- Are bugs and marriage related to the country of origin of the iPhone?
Not

- Do I need to "pump" the battery?
"Pumping" the battery is not necessary.

- I want to make a jailbreak. Where can I read how to do it?
Jailbreak discussion is conducted in this forum thread:iPhone / iPad - Firmware

- Is it normal that after a reboot, the name automatically turns on 3G?
Yes, it is normal.

- Does the device have two stereo speakers at the bottom? or why not playing one speaker?
Not. One speaker and another microphone.

- How to know the iphone production date
By serial number -Soorhere

- How to install applications if there is no jailbreak?
Like this -All applications are free., 25 pp, New way to install broken applications without jailbreak and PC.

- What is Siri in general and how to handle this?
Details collected inSiri - FAQ

- How much memory is still available?
iPhone 4S 8Gb - really available - 6.7 GB
iPhone 4S 16Gb - Really Available - 13.6 GB
iPhone 4S 32Gb - available - 28, 5 GB

- What version of iOS can I upgrade to?
iPhone 4S - Discussion (Post IAMWilliam # 41414540)

- I turn off the phone, it turns off and automatically switches on again immediately. The problem started with the volume.
Decision.
Polls
Attached Image

Work iphone 4s on iOS 9.3.5 for those who think whether to update or not - Overview

Rollback to iOS 6.1.3 is discussed here -OdysseusOTA

How to check the battery for the number of charge cycles

Post has been editedT0ugh - 13.11.19, 18:05
Reason for editing: added post

Rep: (557)
MiniFAQor FAQ
- It takes too long to load applications from the App Store. What to do?
Try it.

- Very interested in the question of strumming when tapping the back of the device. Is this phenomenon normal or not? I read that it can "walk" the battery. If so, how it will affect the operation of the device, can it be turned off?
If, with a light tapping on the body of the smartphone, we hear extraneous noises - this is normal! As you hear the sound made by the rear camera's optical stabilization system. The system is designed in such a way that one of the elements of the system is in a “suspended” state and has a free course along the horizontal and vertical axis. More information about optical stabilization systems can be found.HERE

- How do I know where I came from the iPhone?
Visit this topic:[FAQ] Find out where your iPhone is from

- I have problems with Wi-Fi
Here you can ask your question:Wi-Fi - Help

- Are bugs and marriage related to the country of origin of the iPhone?
Not

- Do I need to "pump" the battery?
"Pumping" the battery is not necessary.

- I want to make a jailbreak. Where can I read how to do it?
Jailbreak discussion is conducted in this forum thread:iPhone / iPad - Firmware

- Is it normal that after a reboot, the name automatically turns on 3G?
Yes, it is normal.

- Does the device have two stereo speakers at the bottom? or why not playing one speaker?
Not. One speaker and another microphone.

- How to know the iphone production date
By serial number -Soorhere

- How to install applications if there is no jailbreak?
Like this -All applications are free., 25 pp, New way to install broken applications without jailbreak and PC.

- What is Siri in general and how to handle this?
Details collected inSiri - FAQ

- How much memory is still available?
iPhone 4 8Gb - Really Available - 6.7 GB
iPhone 4 16Gb - Really Available - 13.6 GB
iPhone 4 32Gb - available - 28, 5 GB

- Which version of iOS can I upgrade at the moment?
In addition to iOS 8.3 / 8.4, nothing can be delivered.

Post has been editedKUKUndrik - 19.05.15, 19:19
Reason for editing: corrected links and added several answers

Rep: (2)
About the package of course) I know that when the phone itself is opened, the warranty flies) tomorrow I will go to the salon, let's see what they say, I suppose they will start to fill in the diagnosis. By the way, in the off state, should aytyuns see an iPhone or not? I do not see.

Post has been editedDenbosh - 06.12.12, 22:58

Rep: (348)
Denbosh @ 12/06/2012, 11:46 PM*
probably start to fill in about diagnostics

Definitely first diagnosis.
Denbosh @ 12/06/2012, 11:46 PM*
By the way, in the off state, should aytyuns see an iPhone or not? I do not see.

All right, should not see. If the iPhone is turned off, the computer does not even know that you have connected an iPhone to it.

Post has been editedWhite Oleg - 07.12.12, 10:50

Rep: (180)
Bely Oleg @ 12/07/2012, 10:40*
If the iPhone is turned off, the computer does not even know that you have connected an iPhone to it.

if it is connected in the off state, it will turn on and the tuna should see it ... provided that the iPhone cable is in good condition and the installed drivers are installed ...

Rep: (2)
In short, it was in the accumulator, replaced with a new one, strangely, of course. Although you said in the service center, this is not the first this month who has the same problem, the trend however.

Rep: (28)
Tell me what Apple devices support the apt-x codec ???
specifically interested in iphone 4c and above and ipad mini or fourth
offered good wireless ears at a very cool price)
In technical support, the Apple is sent to the page with profiles bt and there is not written nichrome of the valuable (
reliably found out that sams Gelaxi 3 and the second support notes, but I can't find information on the iPhone (((

Rep: (3)
"to activate the Internet phone can be used only compatible telecommunication sim cards ..."

Does this mean that the phone is locked? What can be done now? Bought on ebay, in the description it was written that Unlocked. Heard that the unlock sold for $ 5? And how does the unlock happen?
imei: 013171008274601

Post has been editedJaers - 08.12.12, 12:48

Rep: (891)
Jaers
Yes, it is locked.
Unlock is not discussed here.

Rep: (0)
Good evening. I want to buy such a phone, but there are a couple of questions: 1. Does wifi work well (signal level, crashes, etc.)? 2. The reception level of the cellular network. 3. Does Bluetooth transfer any files? Thank you in advance

Rep: (348)
crazyjoker5,
1. Yes
2. Great
3. Without jail, it does not transmit any at all. Bluetooth only for communication with the headset.

Post has been editedWhite Oleg - 08.12.12, 18:00

zamaksza
Is undesirable.

Rep: (49)
Bely Oleg @ 12/08/2012, 17:59*
3. Without jail, it does not transmit any at all. Bluetooth only for communication with headsets

Well, there are reservations
without jail when using third-party software, you can still send files, but only on apple devices with the same prog

Rep: (7)
zamaksza
I join the opinionCheck & Mate , and even add more that they want to dissolve you, since the price for the restored version is slightly overpriced, and it’s not such a shortage that you can take second-hand after repair, you can add a couple of thousand to the amount announced and take slightly second-hand without any repairs, or wait a couple of months and buy a new one, because in the price of 4s I have to sow soon, after all, they are starting to import 5k to Russia officially.

Rep: (68)
zamaksza

with their hands now for the price you can find and did not fall: sveta:

Rep: (1)
Boo. Not used. A refresh yes will fall;)
Zy I have a black iPhone, and tuna and aytuls define it as white :)
But however, everything suits, everything works :)

Such a question, but what about the hole next to the minijack?

Rep: (30)
oldgvardy
The hole is the second microphone: rofl:

Rep: (18)
BJ_Tracer @ 12/10/2012, 12:26*
Who is the thread using the phone as a DVR?
wondered if someone used lenses to expand the viewing angle :)
ibee is fully and simply mounted on an angle and as a result of a magnet with 3 lenses in the set
I didn’t find any conversations about lenses / lenses in the accessories section, but just fumbling around for no I came across a bunch of ambiguous opinions - some say that they soap, others that all the rules

I tried to drive just like that - there is not enough coverage angle, in fact I see only a part of the hood, I would like to be wider
There are no complaints about the recording quality even in the dark

Well lizna - "fisheye" her review will be more, but the review will be like a sphere.

Rep: (58)
People, tell me, I have firmware 5.1.1, can I recover on it if something happens? As far as I heard, Apple stopped signing this firmware version.

Rep: (236)
MahmudS @ 10.12.2012, 13:46*
People, tell me, I have firmware 5.1.1, can I recover on it if something happens? As far as I heard, Apple stopped signing this firmware version.

If there are no certificates from old ones, then you cannot.

MahmudS,
tellurians,
Help and problem solving for flashing

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 16/07/20, 12:34