> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

USB connectivity issues | Solving device connection issues to PC

Rep: (620)
Attached Image

Before asking a question with a problem, we read under the spoiler "вњ” Solutions".

In addition, we strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with:
Solving problems with files on the memory card
discussion topic of your device
Enable USB debugging
FAQ on your device
Android OS FAQ
It is possible that the problem you have is directly related to a specific device model,
widely known and its solution has long been found.

BE ALWAYS CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY!
Why was my post so important removed?
It probably doesn't matchforum rules. Delete without warning the following:
1. Flood, offtopic (p.4.18 PF)
2. Provocations, insults and assaults on the participants of the topic (p.4.8-4.9 PF)
3. “Apes” (messages like “answer me, please,” and the like) (Clause 4.13 PF)
4. Questions, the answers to which are given in the cap (except when the recipe from the cap does not help and you clearly indicated it) (Clause 4.4 PF)
5. Questions "why my post was deleted" in the discussion thread (p.4.21 PF)
6. Oral thanks (p.5.1-5.2 PF)
before creating a message, copy and fill in what is below:
-Brief description of the problem:
-Device / Model:
-Operating system and firmware:
-Even taken action:
If you want to add an image, please read.How to clean the image under the spoiler.
Description
There are five types of USB connectors:
Attached Image
From left to right: micro USB, mini USB, B-type, A-type connector, A-type connector
micro USB - used in the smallest devices like music players and mobile phones;
mini USB - also often found on players, mobile phones, and at the same time on digital cameras, PDAs and similar devices;
B-type - A full-size connector installed in printers, scanners and other devices, where the size does not have a very fundamental importance;
A-type (receiver) - connector installed in computers (or on USB extension cables), where the A-type connector is connected;
A-type (plug) - A connector that connects directly to a computer into the appropriate connector.
MicroUSB 3.0 connectorAttached Image
USB Type-C connector
Attached Image
Learn more about the USB standard
вњ” Solutions

What you need to do first

1) Try to replace the cable.
2) Plug into another USB port (preferably behind the system unit, since these ports are soldered directly on the motherboard).
3) Try another PC.
4) Disconnect all USB devices (both external and internal (for example, card reader))

Alternative ways to connect to a PC using third-party programs.

Let's try to check the settings / applications / development / USB debugging .
Attached ImageAttached Image
Attention!If you can’t find a similar item in any way, then you have firmware version 4.1 and higher installed where it is hidden. To access it, in the "About phone" section (you may have a different name) several times (about 10) click on the "Build number". After this, the item "For the developer" should appear.
Enable debugging in particularly advanced cases.
How to return the choices when connecting the device?
Tip 1
Tip 2(review)
In the process of filling ...
Solving problems with the MTP driver. Solving common issues with drivers.
Connecting ZUK Z2 to a computer on Windows XP x32 SP3
Windows10. The phone was identified as a USB MTP device with code 19.
Video instruction Solving the problem with the MTP driver and other not properly installed drivers.
The phone does not want to connect via USB (USB - MTP device - Failure) Addition
Solution to the problemDevice driver software was not successfully installed
MTP USB Device Failed.

Solutions to problems with the MTP driver
Solving the problem of installing the MTP driver on a PC with Windows XP.
Solving the problem of installing a driver on an MTP device, failure to install a driver on Windows 7
Solving the problem with "Error. Code 10." from Microsoft.
Solving the problem of the MTP device by the smartphone
Solving the problem with MTP connection (Code 19) on Windows 10
Solving the problem with MTP connection (Code 1) on Windows 10
Solving the problem with MTP connection on Windows

Proper removal of device drivers from a computer
Device drivers are usually hidden in the device manager as soon as the device turns off or gives a command to hide it (despite the fact that they are still installed in the system). Very often, the "same-name" drivers conflict because of inconsistencies between versions, etc.

The method of cleaning the list of unused devices: (Already, it has been tested by many and gives good results when nothing helps to "see" a working "device."
0. Disconnect all external USB devices from the computer.
1. Create an environment variable named DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES with a value of 1.
For this: 1.1. Right-click on the “My Computer” icon (My Computer) and select “Properties” (Properties).
1.2. In the dialog box that opens, go to the Advanced tab and click on the Environment Variables button.
1.3. On the Environment Variables panel at the top of the dialog box, click the New button.
1.4. In the “Variable Name” field, type (better copy from here) DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES, and in the “Variable value” field, enter 1.
1.5. Press the “OK” button twice in a row.)

The created environment variable will allow the device manager to show all device drivers installed in the system (both hidden and all that have ever connected to the computer).

2. Call the manager / device manager:
3. Right-click on the “My Computer” icon, select “Properties” (Properties) and go to the “Hardware” tab.
4. Click on the “Device Manager” button, expand the “View” menu and select the “Show Hidden Devices” command.

5. Start "cleaning" the system from the "trash":
5.1 Section "Disk Devices" Each time you connect a new USB flash drive, a new driver is set. Each time you connect the same USB flash drive, but a new driver is installed to another port. The drivers of all currently disabled replaceable media in this section can be safely removed - they themselves will be reinstalled when connecting flash drives and other USB media. Among these hidden and unused drivers will be the "Your Device" driver (maybe "unsuccessful" and not one). It should be called "Your Device" USB Device, but it is not always defined correctly and therefore the name may be another ... Boldly remove everything that belongs to your device in this section. When you first connect the "Your Device", the new driver from the current will install himself or asks you to install it.

5.2 Section "Other devices" Here you can remove all HID (gray) devices - these are all your unsuccessful attempts to put "something". You definitely do not need them ...

5.3 The section "Volumes of storage devices" Here you can delete the HID (gray) "volumes of storage devices" are the "letters" of your flash drives - they are not needed, because will be assigned again when you connect a flash drive ..

5.4 Section "Universal Serial Bus Controllers USB": Here you can remove all HID (gray) devices: "Your device" Device USB Driver, USB storage device, Unknown device and others.
5.5 Restart the computer.

6. After all these deletions, try reconnecting “your device”. It should show up as a new device and Windows will install drivers for it or you install them yourself (on some devices you need to install drivers without USB connection, i.e. connect after driver installation).
6.1 Restart the computer.
Typically, this procedure eliminates all the problems in conflicting drivers "of your device."

7. Thank you for the information provided.Alex_1959,: yes2:
When connected to a PC via usb cable, the device is not detected, but only charged
1) Try to replace the cable.
2) Plug into another USB port (preferably behind the system unit, since these ports are soldered directly on the motherboard).
3) Try another PC.
4) Disconnect all USB devices (both external and internal (for example, card reader))

5) Set the checkbox "Settings \ Connect to PC \ Ask". If installed, remove and reinstall.
6) Try another flash card.
7) Prohibit / remove task killer (if one is installed), or add "PC Synchronization" to the exclusion list.
8) Try not to use adapters / extenders
9) Install the driverAttached filelatest_usb_driver_windows.zip(8.28 MB)
The drivers will also be installed when installing programs from various manufacturers for synchronizing devices with a PC (HTC Sync, Samsung Kies, etc.).IMPORTANT: When installing drivers, be sure to disable anti-virus software on your PC.
10) Make a wipe through the settings of the PDA (reset to factory settings) or through recovery (go to ClockworkMod recovery and perform wipe data / factory reset). This will remove all installed applications and restore the default settings.
11) Reload the PDA and / or PC.
12) Delete the installed drivers and the corresponding software on the PC (for example, HTC Sync), restart the PC, install the drivers again, restart the PC again.
13) use the advice indicatedhere.
14) Turn off the PDA, get the battery, SIM card and memory card for 15-30 minutes.
15) Clean the connectors in the machineUSB connectivity issues (Post # 19849241)and FAQ for Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830iUSB connectivity issues (Post # 20080680).
16) Update Windows Media PlayerUSB connection problems (Post # 20228084)
17) For Samsung owners: update KIES and press "update driver" in itUSB connectivity problems (Post # 20192608)
18) How to connect a smartphone to UBUNTU via USB?USB connection problems (Post # 20478060)
19) Possible causes of problems connecting Samsung Galaxy S III (G
T-I9300) to PC under Windows and their solution.

20) For those who have a computer stopped seeing the tablet (phone)USB connection problems (Post # 24022682)
21) No USB connection to Kies:USB connection problems (Post # 26358851)
22) Reflash.
23) Hike to the service center.
When connected via USB, nothing happens at all.
1) Try to replace the cable. To tryneatlymove the cable in the smartphone connector.
3) Try another PC.
5) Try to clean the connector

In the process of filling ...
He asked himself, he answered. Solving your problem from the user
Some tips for ownersSamsung
Advice for LGP500 owners (and possibly other phones) with custom / original firmware
Thank:maximum117
ATTENTION!Before all manipulations, save all data and close running programs, since When installing the driver, the system displays a blue screen.
Config:
LGP500 CM7.1-N2 + ta-gb-1.3
Decision:
1. Connect the phone to the PC, the PC does not find the driver.
2. Go to the task manager, look for our device (will be with an exclamation point).
3. Right-click - update-driver-select the installation of the driver from the computer-select the driver from the already installed ones.
4. In the list we are looking for a USB controller; we select a universal one (it may come from small ones as well as others) -component usb device.
5. The system will install the driver, you can use the usb-flash drive function.

Shl. The most important point is 4. The main thing to find in the list is a driver of the type "composite usb device", on xp and 7-k points can be missed. If the system does not fall out of the blue screen (the appearance of a blue screen is very rare, for example, when installing the driver from the drive for usb hub =)).

If issuedblue screenwithout disconnecting the phone from the computer, poking on the reser on the system, the PC will reboot, after giving the choice of loading the operating system, selectSafe mode. The system will boot into safe mode, then start-up control panel-dispatcher device-look for our phone (in my case, the phone had a name like .... LG USB ...), right-click to remove the driver. Reboot.

It is also possible to force the booting into safe mode during the next reboot before all manipulations (in win7 we launch start-in search, enter msconfig - the load tab - put a tick in the Safe mode - click on OK - the system will ask Restart or Logout without rebooting - select Exit without reboot).

ZZY. The method works on 7-ke exactly - checked on the stationary and on the beech (win7x32).
(!!!) P.S. Do not forget that problems with connecting the device to a PC via USB can be caused by:
  • features installed on a specific device, custom firmware;
  • third-party software installed on the device and / or PC, a conflict between them, etc .;
  • The problem may be in the "hardware" (technical malfunction of the memory card, USB-port, wires, etc.).

In the presence of these circumstances, universal methods, indicated anywhere else, may not be of help to you.
Other useful

IMPORTANT!
If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, you should not put a message with the text"Thank! You are super!!!". On our forum, thanks are accepted to express byraising reputationspecific participantPicture.
If you can’t change your reputation yourself (did not score 15 posts), use the buttonPicture
and inform about the desire to change the reputation of the party.

For questions about filling caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedMaks.hackdog - 30.05.20, 16:50
Reason for editing: Solving the problem with MTP connection on Windows

Rep: (0)
Memory card formatted on your Samsung Gio phone. I did not try with another card.

Rep: (234)
Helmax, Strangely enough, after formatting the card with a phone, it immediately shows that there is no free space on the card. Do not you think? In the topic on the discussion of the device, were you looking for similar symptoms?

This did not happen immediately after formatting. When everything was ok, I could download to the phone. Then, most likely after I started downloading applications from the market (or maybe not after that) I started writing that the memory card is full. I thought that if I format it, it can help, but it did not help (
And by the way, he writes that the memory card is full only when connected to a PC, and if I download something on the phone, it shakes without problems.

Post has been editedHelmax - 25.10.11, 11:20

Helmax, So how many times have you formatted a card?

ULTRAVOLT, I bring to your attention that such messages violate section 4.13 of the Forum Rules: "It is forbidden to raise the topic. Namely, the publication of messages aimed at only raising the topic on the list and not bearing a semantic load, for example:" really nobody knows? " or "an!". "

Already everything is fine). It was necessary to format the memory card not on the smartphone, but on the computer. Formatted. Thank you for help.

Bodtek @ 10/25/2011, 10:41*
Umnik008, in order to have fewer leading questions, please take care to indicate your phone model in the "Additional user data" section in your profile.

I apologize .. Corrected!
Addition to the above, I attach the skin from the phone

Photo1
Photo2
Kies

Post has been editedUmnik008 - 26.10.11, 00:00

Umnik008, so you "banged"? Application data or the application itself?

Bodtek @ 10.26.2011, 09:54*
Umnik008, so you "banged"? Application data or the application itself?

Good day!
I crashed the application itself through the task manager.

Umnik008, that means you have root rights. : D Go to the topic on your device and there ask to put the apk you need. After that, copy it to / system / app, set the necessary rights and reboot. Everything should work out.

Bodtek @ 10.26.2011, 13:07*
Umnik008, then you have root rights. : D Go to the topic on your device and there ask to put the apk you need. After that, copy it to / system / app, set the necessary rights and reboot. Everything should work out.

Hmm ... yes, I did not set myself root rights .. in this and doubts!
I wanted to remove MyPhoneExplorer and by mistake I chose a regular synchronizer (((

Umnik008, Usually, regular programs (they are also preinstalled) just like that, they are not deleted without root. And the method of deleting "through the task manager" is very doubtful.

-Brief description of the problem: the computer does not see the phone when connected via USB in either the flash mode or on, but the charging goes to the body, after connecting, it does not give any signs, as if they didn’t connect it at all
-Device / Model: Samsung Galaxy Spica 5700
-Operating system and firmware: Android 2.1 I570EXXJD1
-The actions were taken: I tried to change the ports, not what sense, and tried to connect it to another computer (or rather, pieces to 5), I also don’t confuse, I changed the cable and this also did not solve the problem

Help pliz with a problem !!!

ALIGATOR191, Carefully read the topic on your device: Samsung GT-I5700 - Discussion . Everything is described there.

Stick @ 10/26/2011, 10:25 PM*
cannot install the MTP driver. All the drivers recommended in the topic did not help.
Still would. There are no drivers for the MTP protocol in the header. Therefore: carefully read the pages 73-74 of the user manual and topic.Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Discussion. To reduce the amount of information you can search for it in the word "mtp".

Rep: (1)
-When connected to a computer (windows 7 x64) via USB, the device driver software is being installed. And in the end I get this
Attached Image

-Motorola Defy +
-Android version 2.3.4
- Tried to take out the microSD and sync it. Same.
Synchronized with another laptop where there is windows xp and c apple. It's ok.
Tried to find in the registry entry UpperFilters. (He's not at all)
Updated the driver and disabled it in the device manager
Help please, so tired of pumping files through microSD)))

pavel-sherbakov you have a 64-bit "seven". That's the catch. Look for drivers for this version of Windows.

Hello again. Thank you very much for your advice. I found another way. I set my Defy + to drive mode. It makes it through Settings / Applications / Development / USB debugging connected it to a computer and waited until it gives me an error, after that I went to the device manager and found a record about MTP there. Pressed the Update Driver button manually, and selected the USB drive mode. Now, when you connect, my Defy + works as a flash drive and I can not remove the SD card to transfer files and folders there. I hope this information will be useful.

Problem: you need to distribute the Internet 3G from the phone to the computer via cable. In the carrier mode, the phone is visible as a flash drive, in debug mode it is defined as a digital camera, I can’t deliver it, I need internet for installation, I downloaded a lot of drivers, including Samsung, I installed everything but I’m not sure, Samsung is in debug mode -androyd in the device manager but without the driver.
Phone galaxy sclcd 9003
Winxp sp2

Post has been editedPovar51 - 30.10.11, 12:05

Povar51, In order for the phone to work as a wireless modem it is necessary, first of all, that this function be implemented in the firmware. If not, you need software of similar functionality. Partially necessary information can be found here: MEMORIAL GUIDE FOR BEGINNERS (Post # 5552543) as well as here Samsung GT-I9003 Galaxy S scLCD - Discussion and here: Samsung GT-I9003 Galaxy S scLCD - FAQ .
Povar51 @ 10/30/2011, 12:56*
I can not put Kies, I need to install to install

With the fact that you do not have the Internet I can not help, alas.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 16.02.21, 03:26