Is the topic relevant?
Is the topic relevant or not?
Yes [ 958 ] ** [88,13%]
Not [ 22 ] ** [2,02%]
I do not know :) [ 107 ] ** [9,84%]
Total votes: 1087

Rep: (596)
DiscussionDiscussion of the instruction Rockbox on iPod Classic
Discussion iPod Classic В» | Opening iPod Classic В» | Talk Rockbox on ipod classic

Instructions
Discuss Rockbox Installation Instructions on iPod Classic
Rockbox for iPod Classic 6G available (and unstable)

|
|
\/

|
|
\/

Rockbox Installation Instructions for iPod Classic

FAQ
Users with a successful getting rid of itunes
1.bell88 - Ipod classic
2.$ oul - Ipod classic
3.vas1993 - Ipod classic 80gb
4.tobolsk2002 - Ipod classic 80gb
5.qware - Ipod classic 80gb
6.TorroRosso - Ipod classic
7.DPFOR - Ipod classic 6g 80gb
8.MiGelMiGelMiGel - Ipod classic 80gb
9.b10s - Ipod classic 80gb
10.Imaris - Ipod classic 6g 120gb
They are much more. Users are no longer added.

History of polls
Poll started on 09/16/2011 and ended on December 13, 12
Attached Image

Post has been editedmihadom - 01.04.18, 20:30
Reason for editing: Rockbox Installation Instructions on iPod Classic

Rockbox Installation Instructions for iPod Classic
Rockbox for iPod Classic 6G available (and unstable)

Installing Rockbox on Ipod's Classic's of all generations
: skull:All that will be written below you do at your own peril and risk! : skull:

And so, transgress ...

What we need:

-Ipod classic(of any generation)
-BB onWindows
-SetItunes

Installation:
Stage I
First we need to run UMSBoot.

1. Download executable file Attached filebootstrap_ipodclassic_itunes.exe(25.5 KB)
(and do not cry that it does not work, read the instructions better: angry :)

2. We connect our Ipod to the computer.

3. Closing Itunes (if it is open;)).

4. Through the "Task Manager" we complete the process "AppleMobileDeviceService.exe" and "ITunesHelper.exe" .

5. Check that your ipod is not in blocking mode.

6. Checked again whether it is blocked Ipod ;) .

7. We enter iPod at DFU Mode , for this:
Press both Menu and Select, after about 7 seconds the iPod will reboot, continue to hold Menu and Select, until the screen of the player goes out. As soon as the screen goes out, release the buttons. That you transferred your iPod to DFU Mode (Device Firmware Upgrade Mode).

7.1 After Ipod turned off for the first time, repeatedly open the previously downloaded file until a sign appears that everything happened successfully and a small picture with the text did not appear on the ipod screen
8. Windows will detect your Ipod and start installing drivers, waiting ... The drivers are installed. It's good.

9. Run again bootstrap_ipodclassic_itunes.exe

10. Ipod turned on and you have a new drive "UMSboot" Its size is 64 MB.

Stage II

1. Downloading installer-ipodclassic.ubi

2. We copy installer-ipodclassic.ubi to root Umsboot .

3. We do safe extraction Ipod 'a, for this, click on the "UMSboot", right-click and click "Extract".

4. Turn off Ipod .

5. Read byaku in English.

6. At the same time hold down the "Menu" and "Play" buttons.

7. If everything is done correctly, the menu will appear iLoader’a .

8. In the menu that appears, select Rock box .

9. We are waiting for now Rockbox will load. (A message appears stating that rockbox.ipod is lost, this is normal).

10. Connect the ipod to the computer.

11. We are waiting until the drive appears.

12. Downloading rockbox-ipodclassic.zip

13. Archive content rockbox-ipodclassic.zip extract in Ipod .

14. Again we do safe extraction. Ipod 'a, for this click on "UMSboot" Right-click and click "Extract."

15. We are waiting for the Rock Box to return to the entire menu.

16. Restart the ipod by long pressing the "Play" button

Post has been editedKISLbIU - 21.02.16, 21:58

Themes on rock boxinghttp://www.rockbox.org/wiki/WpsIpod5g

Rep: (112)
Good day to all!
I recently purchased a player from apple (ipod classic), everything seemed to be fine, but ... there is a dark side that tired of this aytyuns and the simplicity of the hunt was what would read the folders and so on. In short, I got to the Internet. I found (rockbox). I read about its capabilities, decided to bet. I tried 3-4 times, it didn’t work at all, I’m not familiar with those who were familiar with it, I had no hope in getting help. I decided to sell it. And now thanks to the person with nicknameKISLbIUand his instructions (and consultations) finally a miracle happened !!! Thank him so much !!! So, if someone has similar problems, put boldly an alternative to the official firmware (Rockbox) according to the above instructions, everything works fine.

Rep: (1)
People, help pliz. I installed jukebox on my ipod classic 80gb, everything works!, But unfortunately I don’t like it and would like to return the original firmware back. You can detail how to do this and where to download the firmware. By the way, I found the firmware from ituns for the player in the files C: \ Users \ Adolf \ AppData \ Roaming \ Apple Computer \ iTunes \ iPod Software Updates

Rep: (8)
Thank you very much!) I have been waiting for getting rid of iTunes! Happiness full pants, so to speak :)

Ardent_ass @ 09/22/2011, 11:39 PM*
People, help pliz. I installed jukebox on my ipod classic 80gb, everything works!, But unfortunately I don’t like it and would like to return the original firmware back. You can detail how to do this and where to download the firmware. By the way, I found the firmware from ituns for the player in the files C: \ Users \ Adolf \ AppData \ Roaming \ Apple Computer \ iTunes \ iPod Software Updates

Run iTunes, then
KISLbIU @ 09/16/2011, 18:45*
Hold down the "Menu" and "Select" button (circle). We wait until it turns off (it will take about 5-7 seconds), an apple should appear on a dim background, we will not release the keys yet, it should turn off a second time, nothing should appear on the screen. Let's release the buttons.

And connect to the computer. He will write "Damaged device detected. Restore?" Click yes, it downloads the firmware from the Internet (itself) and repairs it.

thanks) I already figured it out, there was a lot of firewood on my computer that was superfluous from the jukebox and how I didn’t make itunes didn’t react to the ipod. from the second computer tried, everything turned out)

Rep: (2)
Hello! Reached 9 points in 1 stage, after launching bootstrap_ipodclassic_itunes.exe writes error "Could not open DFU divice!" What could be the problem?

Post has been editedNikeFire - 28.09.11, 14:33

NikeFire @ 09/28/2011, 17:09*
Hello! Reached 9 points in 1 stage, after launching bootstrap_ipodclassic_itunes.exe writes error "Could not open DFU divice!" What could be the problem?

Ipod just turned off and did not turn on ???

Rep: (2)
Yes exactly. At the same time, itunes started up automatically, and said that it would check the updates to determine what kind of ipod it was.
Hmm ... now repeated the steps to transfer ipod to DFU Mode. Everything worked))) Apparently the effect of the presence of KISLbIU

rokboks installed on my iPod Classic 80 GB, not afraid of anything, because formatnul it recently, that is, I tried to scratch. Everything is OK. Links to the outside of your program. in the internet I found the files, just stupid driving a file name, one at a different site, one at some Chinese Games. all made by management. threw a folder with music in the player root, began to play a song, iPods hovered seconds through 30. restarted ok + menu, everything was okay. long time since rewriting passed about ten minutes, I can not say anything more. a feeling that the sound became better right away. even in standard headphones. Thank site! everything will be ok, I hope.))
Poyuyu, if Che, everything is ok if it happens, the fourth one can be done. until I risk it.
references:
http://files.freemyipod.org/releases/20110424/
http://guesmsi.ru/blog/?p=173

vas1993 @ 10/18/2011, 11:59 PM*
Your links to non-working programs.

In the sense of not working ??? He himself was stitching with these files, and several people had already stitched them. : grabli:

I go over them, they write me a "file notes". it seems to be the non-operation of links ..)

Posted on 10/19/2011, 22:38:

By the way, for the day of use, I realized that I often crash when reconfiguring, resets to help, and at maximum volume, senhi c400 simply tears.

vas1993 @ 10/20/2011, 01:38*
By the way, for the day of use, I realized that I often crash when reconfiguring, resets to help, and at maximum volume, senhi c400 simply tears.

Give a link to the file that is not downloaded plz. I have 200, do not tear anything: D

Good time. The question is probably more theoretical, will the ipod 80 on the rockbox work (navigation through files, etc.) when connected to the Alpine auto-receiver (via a special bus for the iPod). Thank you in advance for the answer.

DPFOR @ 10.21.2011, 05:57*
Good time. The question is probably more theoretical, will the ipod 80 on the rockbox work (navigation through files, etc.) when connected to the Alpine auto-receiver (via a special bus for the iPod). Thank you in advance for the answer.

Yes, all functions remain the same, you just get rid of Itunes.

I reach point 9 and after running the exe file it says that the DFU is not open. I tried several times. After the first time, the drivers were no longer installed. After downloading the first file on the link to run it renamed by adding a point and "exe". Windows 7, ipod 80 6 pokalenie.Help

Post has been editedDPFOR - 22.10.11, 02:49

Press and hold the Play / Pause and Menu keys for 6-8 seconds until the Apple / iPod logo appears on the screen. Do not release the keys, the screen should completely go out! When he goes out, release the keys

It does not react to the playlist and the menu. It turns off when combined as instructed. At first, the apple burns, then the screw clicks and everything goes dead. After that, the tuna is launched and offers to restore the ipod. NOTICE FOUND (

OnCentre and menu !!!

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 17/08/20, 23:27