iconBIT Toucan W - Discussion | Tv box

Rep: (551)
DiscussionIconbit Toucan W
PictureIconbit Toucan W
| Discussion пїЅ |
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games . Off topic posts removed.
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!".
On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.

Important to remember
Utility
Firmware
Factory software can be downloaded on the manufacturer's website.
Firmware Collection, INSTRUCTIONS

Useful applications

K
For convenience of search, inMedia consolescreated topicChoosing a media extenderAll interested persons, we invite to take part, and to render the feasible help

Knock me on the filling cap QMS ,
topic curator vladigor

Post has been editedvladigor - 05.10.17, 20:30
Reason for editing: kurteg

Rep: (31)
Attached Image

More pictures
Attached Image
Attached Image

Iconbit presented a unique novelty Toucan W - HD 1080p multimedia center with Internet access on the Russian market. This gadget will become a real center of your home entertainment, because its possibilities are almost endless:

support of social networks and Messenger,
uploading videos to YouTube
Full HD video and photo playback
Internet TV and Internet radio,
Google map downloads and other features.
Ease of use of the media player is provided with a QWERTY-control panel with a mouse function.

Device page on the manufacturer's website.

It seems even already sold for 6,270 rubles in the multimedia club.

From the first "misunderstandings": the lack of Cyrillic on the "QWERTY-control panel with the function of the mouse." On the support forum, it is true that the font would come out small (poorly readable).
but in principle, you can connect a "full-fledged" USB keyboard and mouse. On the same forum I asked a question about locking the bootloader, let's see what they say ...

hmm .... damn it! I'm seriously thinking about buying. } -)

Post has been editedSil-silent - 16.08.11, 15:24

I asked a few questions on the forum:
1. Is the bootloader locked?
2. Is firmware 2.3 or even higher planned?
3. default applications for video and audio playback of their own ("doped")?
4. Will “rutting” the device mean a loss of warranty?
5. Will codecs be upgraded separately?
6. What is the number of USB ports on the device - 2?

And here are the answers:
1 - I did not understand your question (if you are installing your firmware, then upfate.zip is checked)
2 - provided that Google provides the source
3 - applications are default (playback m2ts up to 55Mb / s)
4 - most likely when the device is ruled, it will fail, so this is not a warranty case (the question is why? I ran the phone and already half a year I can’t understand why I needed it)
5 - I think it's not even codecs, but rather a driver - because the device hardware decodes most of the content
6 - 2 external and 2 internal (keyboard receiver is connected to one of them)

Here is another actual question asked:
How is he doing with iptv (playlist from the multicast provider) - something I did not find a suitable program on the market ...
answer:
currently there is no such possibility

Post has been editedhd_jackson - 07.08.11, 22:52

Rep: (1)
Interesting "WebTop". Meaning to buy a media player with limited functionality When you can use a more flexible system. The only one is not sure about the extended support for this gadget, and he needs it like any tablet and the communicator, otherwise it will quickly turn into a stupid toy with some reason glitch, information on which you will not find even in the wide masses of the Internet ... Although on the other hand It is not easier to buy a tablet with HDMI support and a powerful stone so that no problems twist 1080p ... It's somehow a little to wait for the chip to support BD3D ISO and I will not oppose immediately in my arsenal a bunch of such a top or tablet with Vivitek Qumi (http://www.thg.ru/technews/20110127_124000.html).

Well, here's another from the answers given to me on the manufacturer's forum:
The current version of Android 2.2.5
The transition to the new 2.3 kernel will require a lot of effort.
But the difference between 2.2 and 2.3 is minimal. Most customers do not understand what has changed.
At the moment we are discussing the issue of transition to a more powerful and new version of Android 3.x series.
It makes much more sense.
The possibilities of iron Toucan W allow it, until we see the limitations associated with our iron.

Most software available on the Market or simply on the Internet is compatible with this device.
I personally checked a lot of different software.
While the problem can only be that the application does not know how to work with such a large screen.
Otherwise, there is usually no problem.
If you need any specific codecs - put them at your own risk.
The processor here is powerful, faster than in most modern smartphones.
Hardware decoders work through software modules and most applications “think” that they work with software codecs.
This allows you to improve compatibility with this iron.
In addition, a hardware decoder is more powerful than a bunch of ION2 (Intel Atom + GeForce) in video decoding tasks.
This allows the CPU not to be loaded with video decoding.
The doping of the basic Android was done initially, and is still underway.
We are looking for ways to improve the functionality of the device.

sasha_rai,
Apparently not enough :) It's not quite a media player, as I understand it. This is a kind of entertainment center. and if additional functionality is added to it, then in my opinion this is not a bad thing. for me it is, for example, the possibility of not changing the TV itself to get on it and web services.

Post has been editedhd_jackson - 08.08.11, 15:49

sasha_rai,
Sasha_rai @ 08/09/2011, 00:40*
so web so be it.

Indeed, I vaguely put it. what was meant was what attracted me in the first place: the opportunity, without changing the TV itself, to get on it and web services.
butopportunityGet root on the device rather in plus.
loon @ 08/08/2011, 16:09*
I'm not sure about the extended support of this gadget, but it is needed like any tablet and communicator, otherwise it will quickly turn into a stupid toy with some crazy glitch, information on which you will not find even in the wider Internet.

that's what again I would like to haveopportunityflashing

Rep: (0)
I want to put this in the car, everything seems to be fine (except for 5V power supply, a stabilizer is needed).
Here I just want to understand what kind of external GPS can be "screwed" to it?

Here is such an example?

Globalsat bu-353

Post has been editedduboviy - 12.08.11, 13:19

duboviy Is it not the manufacturer who answered you?

We did not check for USB GPS compatibility
Therefore, it is difficult to say whether it will work. But here is the standard Android 2.2.5
Therefore, there is hope that it will work.
Power supply 5V

and one more thing:

The issue of the development of the periphery for the Toucan W is being actively discussed. Support for cameras, microphones and other things is being considered.

Post has been editedhd_jackson - 15.08.11, 15:59

Yes, the manufacturer answered so (but they are just starting to work on Android).
The issue with GPS is frozen. What receivers are usually used for platforms with such a filling?

In the meantime, except for "Hope that will work," I still have nothing. : lol:

Post has been editedduboviy - 16.08.11, 08:46

Rep: (879)
M
The topic has been moved to the "Android - Devices>OtherпїЅ.

Rep: (15)
Please tell us how it works with FullHD over the network, preferably over Wi-Fi? What program to view?

Rep: (852)
Upgrading ToucanW to Android 2.3.4
They write that the flash works even if 1080P is set.
Itself has not yet been updated, I wait for a 10-meter LAN cable, Wi-Fi is rather weak for high-quality movies, and while the device is happy, I think the capabilities and software of the Android is more than in the vaunted smartTV :)
Zomba @ 10/14/2011, 10:46*
and on my LG LV3700 tv is not receiving a signal on. and writes that there is no signal. I tried two cables - purchased and complete, and not one does not work. Another HDMI technique with the same cables works fine ...

Zomba maybe a marriage, or HDMI mom mows in the machine. I am fine.

Post has been editedGenotsvali - 27.10.11, 10:07

I bought the device right away at 2.3 (really experimental), I can say this is my favorite android only now FullHD: D
The control of the console is intuitive, got used almost instantly. All files from my video library connected to the router via WiFi reproduced without brakes.
Of course, the browser works slowly with heavy pages without a fly in the ointment, though the flash plays surprisingly well, the only bad thing is that the built-in flash player cannot be updated via the market, but so far it is not annoying.
Experience using half a day: D will continue to pick.

I seriously thought about purchasing a device, and I am very concerned about the issue.
Is it possible to use the buttons on the remote control to start / stop playback, rewind, change media file, increase / decrease volume level, etc.? Or do you have to do everything through a graphical interface of programs using the remote like a mouse?

Ramil.Bagizov @ 11/21/2011, 0:40*
I seriously thought about purchasing a device, and I am very concerned about the issue.
Is it possible to use the buttons on the remote control to start / stop playback, rewind, change media file, increase / decrease volume level, etc.? Or do you have to do everything through a graphical interface of programs using the remote like a mouse?

The volume works in all programs, start / pause, the next only in the built-in players, with third-party do not work.
But the console is gorgeous :)
F1- menu running application
F2- return home
F3 notification bar
F4- search
F5- mail
F6- start the built-in audio player
F7- back
F8- start / pause
F9- forward
F10-mute
F11- sound reduction
F12-increase sound
I am writing from Tukanchik, lounging in a chair in front of a 32 'telly :)
I wonder why the topic was turned into this section. What does the Tukan have to do with PCs and computer peripherals?

Post has been editedGenotsvali - 21.11.11, 20:28

Rep: (44)
lan cable from the router to it really attach?
Movies can only watch online and on the network of the balls can be?

Maximusim @ 12/10/2011, 13:40*
lan cable from the router to it really attach?
Movies can only watch online and on the network of the balls can be?

Can.

Rep: (7)
Has anyone started IPTV on this device?

BIG2DADDY @ 12/21/2011, 07:59*
but can you play it?

Can. Not all of course, but here is a list of proven games:
http://moservices.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21650#p21650
Again:
I wonder why the topic was turned into this section. What does the Tukan have to do with PCs and computer peripherals?

Interestingly, it will benefit the gadget or on the drum?

"iconBIT announces support for the new Android OS 4.0 from Google in all TOUCAN HD Extenders and NETTAB Series Tablet PCs.
In the near future there will be official firmware updates based on Android 4.0 for these devices. Now the firmware is in the process of closed alpha testing. "

Read here:iconbit

Mumusha @ 01/08/2012, 21:56*
Interestingly, it will benefit the gadget or on the drum?

Mumusha, I think that it is good for the sound that I know to sound 5.1

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 01.12.20, 17:47