> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Setting up access to the local network file | From your device to a PC and from a PC to the device.

Rep: (649)
Copying files from a computer or laptop (hereinafter referred to as PC) to a mobile device (hereinafter Android) and back is often required and (in the case of large files) it is easiest to do this using Wi-Fi.

Basic requirement: All devices (one or more PCs, Androids) must be connected to the same network!

1. The simplest way is SHARE it.
    Install on all devicesSHARE it. The program is available on Android and Windows.
    The program interface logic is almost identical on all platforms.
    On the receiving device, select "Accept", on the sending "Send", select the data you need to transfer and select the device to which the data is to be sent.

2. We get access from Android to the files on the PC.
    To do this, you need to install on the Android file manager with SMB support (Samba). I useES File Exploreralternatives:ASTRO File Managerwith pluginAstro SMB Module, eFile, X-plore.
    ATES File Explorerit's easy. You need to go to the "LAN" tab, press the Menu button>Create>Scan. After that, the program will check the entire range of IP addresses and display the addresses of computers that have shared folders. You can also not scan the network, but add the server manually, specifying its IP, and, if necessary, the user name and password.
    Attached Image
    When you tap on one of them, a list of folders will be opened, or you will be prompted for a user name and password to access the shared resources of this PC. Then you can work with network files as well as with local ones.
    If the files on the from PC (Windows OS) do not open
    So, the disposition: Win 7, static IP, the only user created during installation, which has no password.
    If Win 7 has password sharing enabled (by default), then ES Explorer will not even be able to view the list of shared folders, it will be immediately sent because it has no documents.
    If sharing with password protection is disabled, the list of shared folders in ES Explorer is displayed, but access can only be obtained to the Users folder, since access to it is enabled by default for everyone.
    There are two options: either disable password protection and grant access rights to each shared folder to the guest / Guest user (folder properties>Access, select Guest in the list and click add), or not disable password protection, but create a user with a password, and again grant him the right to access the shared folder in the same dialog. After that, the name and password of this user must be entered in the server settings in ES Explorer.
    By default, Win 7 gives access to the shared folder only to our only user, who does not have a password, so he cannot log in via the network.
    If you do not want to choose a user at each boot, then configureautomatic login.

3. Access from a PC to Android files.
    Necessary programs in the program catalogsavagemessiahzine.com

1. Samba server
      For example, useSamba Server for AndroidIt allows you to work with the communicator's SD card, as with a shared PC folder. The program requires root-rights.
      Install and run the program. When you first start will be given a brief instruction on the use. The first step is to set a password for accessing mobile device resources. To do this, press Menu>Settings>Password and enter the password. You can also change the user name if desired, as well as specify the workgroup (the name must match the workgroup name in the PC settings) and the NetBIOS name of the Android (that will be displayed in the network environment on the PC). After setting, go back to the main program window and press Menu.>Enable. This will launch the SAMBA server on Android.
      Attached Image
      If everything is done correctly, a computer named Samba on Android will appear in the network environment on the PC, which has the shared folder SDCARD.
      Attached Image
      The SAMBA server will automatically shut down when Wi-Fi is turned off and will turn on again when it is turned on. Forcibly exit it is not necessary.
    2. FTP server
      The method is somewhat less convenient and the data transfer rate is lower than that of the Samba server.
      There are a lot of programs for organizing an FTP server on Android:On air, FTPServer, File expert, X-plore.
      I useSwiftp.
      We put the program, go to the settings (the Setup button) and set the username and password to access the FTP server. The remaining settings can not be changed. Exit the settings and click the Start button. The FTP server is running, the address of this server appears in the Wi-Fi URL box.
      Attached Image
      Positive feedback about using X-plore
      ALEN & Co @ 10.22.2013, 01:00*
      LenovoP700i device,X-plore3.37.01, the Dir-620 router .. (For some reason, the ES did not go to me: it finds the server without problems, it sees the files, but the speed is sooooo low, and is cut off through some traffic, you try to open the movie — it plays only the first frames. Reinstallation is not helped ...) There are no such problems with the X-plore, everything is great!

Note: Users of the MIUI firmware do not need to install anything, the built-in file manager Explorer / Files supports the creation of an FTP server.
      You can access this server with any FTP client (Filezilla, StaffFTPetc.), an Internet browser or file manager with FTP support (FAR, Total Commander, Free Commander, etc.). Also work with FTP supports the usual Windows Explorer. Simply enter a link from SwiFTP into the address bar of the Explorer, enter the username and password specified in the SwiFTP settings, and the FTP server will open as a regular folder.
    3. Using WebDAV

General recommendations
  1. Often, problems with the connection between the PC and Android are caused by blocking multicast (Block multicast) in the settings of the router. Disable this restriction.
  2. To simplify access, you can configurefixed IP addresses for all LAN devices . [/ b]
    If the PC (laptop) and Android get IP addresses via DHCP from the router, then the addresses can be different each time it is turned on. This would not be desirable, because PC with a laptop will understand each other and find each other by name, but this may not work out for Android, because It works with IP addresses. There are two ways:
    1. Reconfigure DHCP in the router so that it gives each network member its own IP, always the same
    For example, for the D-Link DIR-300 router, this is done in the DHCP Server Settings section of the web interface. For TP-Link TL-WR1043 - in the DHCP section>Address Reservation
    Screenshots
    Attached Image
    Attached Image

In the fields of this section, you need to enter the MAC address of the network card connected to the router, the IP address that the router will give it and, for some models of routers, the name of the device.
    On a Windows computer, you can find the MAC address by running the command line (Start>Run>cmd) team
    ipconfig / all
    In response, the following will be issued:
    Local Area Connection - Ethernet Adapter:

DNS suffix for this connection. . :
    Description. . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    Physical adress. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-D0-D4-53-2D
    Dhcp is enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : not
    IP address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.5.2
    Subnet mask . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Main gate . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.5.1
    DNS servers. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.5.1

Here the physical address is the MAC we need. Those.00-1F-D0-D4-53-2D .
    Android’s MAC address can be found in the “About phone” section of the settings menu (Menu>Settings>About phone>condition>MAC address of Wi-Fi)
    2. Migrate network cards on a PC (laptop) to use static IP addresses
    In Windows 2k / XP, this is done in the properties of the network connection, in the TCP / IP protocol settings. Select "Use the following IP address", specify IP (IP should be from the router's local network, usually 192.168.0.xxx), subnet mask (usually 255.255.255.0), default gateway (router's IP address) and DNS servers (either the IP of the router, or the provider's DNS servers, or open DNS servers, for example, Google DNS - 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4).
    For example, my settings look like this (router address is 192.168.5.1):
    Attached Image
    In Android, in the advanced Wi-Fi settings.
    Attached Image

After that, you need to share the necessary folders of the PC.
An example of setting up two-way access using ES Explorer from rush_zx .
An example of setting up file transfer between two Androids .

Rebranding caps courtesy ofFidelich - tyts .

Post has been editedGridzilla - 22.02.16, 11:53
Reason for editing: edit

Rep: (837)
Stopped at stage 2. I don’t understand what login and password to enter ES Explorer to access shared files and folders on a laptop with Windows 7. I think I’ve found the password for the wireless connection (but I’m not sure if it is), but I can’t find the login.
Tell me where to put this username and password in Windows 7?

skunsofob,
Windows username and password.
Those. You can either enter the name and password of the user under which you enter in Windows, or create a separate one, call it, for example, Android.

Perhaps the problem is also that the Windows user has no password.
I don’t know about Win 7, but Win XP Pro denies access to shared folders to users without a password.

Another option is to try to set the checkbox "Anonymous Login" in the server settings.

Galka Anoniyinny entrance set - does not help. And I really do not have passwords on PCs with XP, or on a laptop with Win7. Is it really necessary to create a separate user under the password? On the wire network did - no passwords were required.

Post has been editedBodtek - 11.10.11, 11:11
Reason for editing: + from frezerovschik

skunsofob @ 08/08/2011, 12:17*
On the wire network did - no passwords required

Those. Access from PC to laptop with Win 7 is without a password?
Win 7 username and empty password in ES Explorer settings do not work?

Check Win7 settings in the Control Panel ->Networks and the Internet ->Network and Sharing Center ->Change advanced sharing options (Control Panel ->All Control Panel Items ->Network and Sharing Center->Change advanced sharing settings), there are additional parameters at the very bottom and specify "Disable password protection". After that, an anonymous login from Android should earn.

As an option - try to temporarily disable the firewall in Win 7. Perhaps it interferes.

Post has been editedraven6 - 09.08.11, 20:42

Rep: (16)
Something does not work
I click "scan" my PC is at the same time that no folder is shared, when I try to connect to it, it writes the wrong login and password - I don’t understand what login, what password ...

DeaDia @ 08/17/2011, 02:34*
writes the wrong username and password - I do not understand what kind of username, what kind of password ...

The login and password of a Windows user who has access to shared folders.

DeaDia @ 08/17/2011, 02:34*
I click "scan" is my PC with the fact that no folder is shared,

So share some. Without shared folders on a PC, this whole idea loses its meaning.
True, there are administrative resources in Win XP - all partitions on the hard disk are automatically shared with names like C $, D $, etc. To access such resources, you must specify the name and password of the user of this PC with administrator rights.

Post has been editedraven6 - 17.08.11, 09:39

So I do not use any login and password for the account (Windows 7)

Yes, I tried (I created a folder and shared access to it), it does not work anyway, the firewall turned off

So I do not use any login and password for the account (Windows 7)

At least one user was created during OS installation. Look in the control panel>Accounts or type in the Start menu search box
control userpasswords2
and press Enter.
After that, a list of all existing user accounts will be displayed.
Temporarily (well, or permanently, although it is not safe), disable the password protection of shared folders.

raven6 @ 08/08/2011, 12:36*
Check Win7 settings in the Control Panel ->Networks and the Internet ->Network and Sharing Center ->Change advanced sharing options (Control Panel ->All Control Panel Items ->Network and Sharing Center->Change advanced sharing settings), there are additional parameters at the very bottom and specify "Disable password protection". After that, an anonymous login from Android should earn.

Post has been editedraven6 - 17.08.11, 10:32
Reason for editing: Added control userpasswords2

There is an account, but no password is used in it (if you don’t use what to enter?), Why is it being asked I don’t understand

The password protection has been turned off, when connected to a computer, the folders are opened for public access, but when I try to access any of the folders I share, a message appears about the wrong login and password

DeaDia @ 08/17/2011, 14:52*
when I try to log into any of the folders I share, I get a message about the wrong login and password.

Anonymous login in the server settings in ES Explorer, try to enable.

Post has been editedraven6 - 17.08.11, 11:14

Anonymous login is enabled, it still does not allow. Writes: incorrect password, possible reasons: insufficient user rights

Maybe there is an alternative solution with a much simpler setup?)

Post has been editedDeaDia - 17.08.11, 11:06

DeaDia @ 08/17/2011, 15:04*
Maybe there is an alternative solution with a much simpler setup?)

Try other network-enabled file managers.
If it does not work, then enable password protection for shared folders and create a user (for example Android) with a password.

Post has been editedraven6 - 17.08.11, 11:17

DeaDia @ 08/17/2011, 15:04*
Anonymous login is enabled, it still does not allow. Writes: incorrect password, possible reasons: insufficient user rights

Understood.
So, the disposition: Win 7, static IP, the only user created during installation, which has no password.
If Win 7 has password sharing enabled (by default), then ES Explorer will not even be able to view the list of shared folders, it will be immediately sent because it has no documents.
If sharing with password protection is disabled, the list of shared folders in ES Explorer is displayed, but access can only be obtained to the Users folder, since access to it is enabled by default for everyone.
There are two options: either disable password protection and grant access rights to each shared folder to the guest / Guest user (folder properties>Access, select Guest in the list and click add), or not disable password protection, but create a user with a password, and again grant him the right to access the shared folder in the same dialog. After that, the name and password of this user must be entered in the server settings in ES Explorer.
By default, Win 7 gives access to the shared folder only to our only user, who does not have a password, so he cannot log in via the network.
If you do not want to choose a user at each boot, then configureautomatic login.

Post has been editedraven6 - 18.08.11, 22:40

It turned out to get access to some folders on your computer from the phone. Only under the user "Guest" (other names do not want to be perceived). And to make the general access to the whole C: \ drive fail. Only if you do for each folder separately. Maybe you can somehow allow access to the entire contents of the computer in a simpler way?
Also, by the link above, I made an automatic login, but when I wake up again, I need to select a user by clicking on the icon. And with normal boot - automatic login works. How can Windows 7 "explain" that I am the ONLY ONE computer user that others are not and are not expected? So that there are no other users, except "Owner (Administrator)". Delete all other accounts so as not to get in the way and everything is superfluous once and for all.

Post has been editedskunsofob - 19.08.11, 18:52

skunsofob @ 08/19/2011, 08:49*
but when you wake up again, you need to select the user by clicking on the icon. And with normal boot - automatic login works. How can Windows 7 "explain" that I am the ONLY ONE computer user, that there are no others and not

Something like this..

The computer sees the phone but cannot access it (step 3, method 1).
Р’В® Samba Server for Android (Post # 8687108)

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedskunsofob - 19.08.11, 18:53

skunsofob @ 08/19/2011, 10:51 PM*
The computer sees the phone but cannot access it (step 3, method 1).

Is it also impossible to log in via IP? Those. open My Computer and write in the address bar
\\192.168.0.3

Where 192.168.0.3 is the IP address of the communicator. It is written in the main window of Samba Server.

Make sure that the same workgroup is configured for the PC and the communicator.
On PC Start>Control Panel>System>Additional system parameters there tab "Computer Name", and in it the item "Working Group". The name of the workgroup on the PC and in the Samba Server settings must match. By default, Samba Server has WORKGROUP, PCs have either WORKGROUP or MSHOME. If the working group does not match, reconfigure on the communicator.

raven6 @ 08.8.2011, 2:37*
Is it also impossible to log in via IP? Those. open My Computer and write in the address bar
\\192.168.0.3

Where 192.168.0.3 is the IP address of the communicator. It is written in the main window of Samba Server.

Make sure that the same workgroup is configured for the PC and the communicator.
On PC Start>Control Panel>System>Additional system parameters there tab "Computer Name", and in it the item "Working Group". The name of the workgroup on the PC and in the Samba Server settings must match. By default, Samba Server has WORKGROUP, PCs have either WORKGROUP or MSHOME. If the working group does not match, reconfigure on the communicator.

A single working group - work groups. The fact of the matter is that even on ip does not enter. I attached the picture. Through the network environment, the phone is visible, but it also does not enter.
I have a router, can it matter? Although there I checked everything, everything seems to be spelled correctly. The device names are the same.

Another question: why, if you write a computer user in ES Explorer, it cannot connect. Because the user is already connected, because the computer is working? Or not in this case and must be connected. Flock only user "Owner". I already tried to rename everything on my computer and in the explorer, wrote different names - it does not connect. Only as "Guest", although there is no such user in the system.

Post has been editedskunsofob - 20.08.11, 06:18

skunsofob @ 08/08/2011, 10:08*
The fact of the matter is that even on ip does not enter. I attached the picture.

And why in the picture chrome? Write \\ 192.168.0.3 or \\ Desire is needed in the address bar of the explorer.

skunsofob @ 08/08/2011, 10:08*
If in ES Explorer, write a computer user, it can not connect. Or not in this case and must be connected.

Not in this, should be connected. Rather, the matter is that the owner has no password. And the guest is an unauthorized user, anonymous login works with him.
Well, if the automatic login is working, create an Android user with a password, turn on password-protected sharing in the settings and try to open the shared folder.

Post has been editedraven6 - 20.08.11, 06:51

raven6 @ 08/08/2011, 10:42*
And why in the picture chrome? Write \\ 192.168.0.3 or \\ Desire is needed in the address bar of the explorer.

And really, I tried - I requested to enter a user and password. Entered and opened the phone card. Thank you for the clarification!

raven6 @ 08/08/2011, 10:42*
Well, if the automatic login is working, create an Android user with a password, turn on password-protected sharing in the settings and try to open the shared folder.

I'll try as you said. Then accomplish your goal.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 09/07/20, 12:48