Selection and comparison of wireless modems and mobile routers

Rep: (1091)
Selection and comparison of wireless modems

In this topic, you can ask for help in choosing a wireless modem. Please write only on the merits. Offtop will be deleted without warning.

Useful links:

Post has been editedM | A | G - 15.05.20, 23:18

Rep: (8)
People, tell me please, is there anything cheaper with the same functionality as the huawei e5830? or where it’s the cheapest to buy, more than 115 ye have not seen cheaper in Ukraine.

Rep: (21)
I read the topic and related ones, but did not understand which of the Yota USB modems is better, and why. Is there any difference in the quality of communication?
The signal power is the same, the difference is only in modulation ..

Rep: (300)
Hello. the modem intended to purchase under Express Card / 34 (it’s empty for the slot, and it takes up much less space). In general, my not-bitten look at this miracle fellNovatel Wireless Merlin X950D, but somehow there are not many reviews on this form factor. Maybe someone used it?

Rep: (6)
Darhel @ 02/06/2012, 09:53*
but I still don’t understand which of the Yota USB modems is better, and than

For WiMAX from Yota, forget it!Since April 15, Yota has completely knocked out WiMAX and includes the new LTE data transfer standard. Read about the possibility of free equipment by current Yota users on their official website.

Rep: (8)
Found on DXso herenice router. Nowhere is there any detailed information on it, but the price is impressive - ≈69 $. So far, the lack of batteries is stopping before buying, maybe the batteries from the Huawei E5830 are suitable?

Who thinks what, maybe someone already has it in stock?

Rep: (6)
Sorry, but I don’t quite understand. For example, MTS sells a similar Wi-Fi modem for 1490 rubles. It's cheaper ... (I think that other operators of the Big Three also have similar inexpensive devices).

But I took myself to the country a few days ago TL-MR3420 + I lay USB whistle. The cost turned 1190r. + 1150r. = 2340r. (Kind of a whistle from MTS). Just dacha at me is too far away and there is 3G signal is weak. And this apparatus theoretically I can easily enhance the reception signal or the purchase via the antenna, or using a homemade (USB-benefit in technical whistle is a connector for the antenna). Yes, and Wi-Fi and far-stable cover a large radius. The apartment is checked. This svyazochka works fine.

Rep: (558)
Maybe someone will be useful.
There is suchcompact router from china, but this is for those who do not care about the lack of battery and work only from the network.
Attached Image

Rep: (0)
Has anyone used 3g wifi battery-powered modems other than the huawei e5830?
Where did you buy how it holds the signal, are there any breaks, how long does the battery last?
It’s a pity that the E5830 for 2000r is no longer sold in a megaphone, even in China it costs more right now (

Rep: (212)
I covered the half-network, nowhere can I find useful information on flashing PCI-E modems, such as Sierra MC8781 I would like to stumble and activate GPS. With a voice, there is likely to fall in love, the rot will be full.

Rep: (10)
Good day!
I do not know if I am writing the right topic, but I have a question.
I saw that for apple devices there is GPS modem, which transmits information via WiFi. If analogs of similar systems, for example for Android?

S1mpL3 @ 03/27/2012, 16:45*
GPS modem, which transmits information via WiFi

Bluetooth GPS receivers are definitely there. Well, if such a device exists and works on wifi with apple, why shouldn't it work with android.
By the way, why is it needed, because apple devices already have GPS?

Rep: (267)
Tell me a small, simple, inexpensive router for distributing the Internet to a tablet? ;)

Rep: (263)
Guys, there are two Megaphone Huawei - E160G and E1550
One must be given. The question is, which one is better and which one to keep? For me, this is a backup channel at work.

Fundamental difference IMHO, no. However, I burned out one E160G and there is more information on the E1550.

Rep: (3)
Greetings
the topic seems to be still alive, so I think at :)
TASK: you need a 3G WiFi router (egg) with a priority of work in 3G, which will distribute the Internet for 4-5 smarts / tablets within the same office office.
Given: the network - Beeline (MSC) in principle, because the other operators on the location do not give a normal 3G signal.
QUESTION:
http://moscow.shop.megafon.ru/modems_g__g_...1008_47616.html
http://www.shop.mts.ru/internet/3g-modem/3..._do_7_2_mb.html
I did not find a bi-router on the site.
Which of the proposed options lends itself to flashing (decoupling from the operator) and is preferable for the tasks?
Thanks for the answer!
ps if you tell me where to buy cheaper, I will only be glad. or maybe someone lying on the shelf unnecessary :)

MACTOgOHT, it’s better to buy a router with a USB port and support for usb 3g modems and plug an operator’s whistle into it.
This, for example, d-link dir-320, zyxel keenetic, trendnet tew-655.
At the same time, at a comparable price, you get a more stable wifi signal, no unlocking problems and additional network configuration options. In the case of kinetics, for example, a network hard drive.
Z. S. In my opinion, e583x is easier to unlock.
Cheaper you can buy in Chinese online stores, but wait a month or more for delivery.
Z. Z. Y.TP-LINK TL-MR3020

Post has been editedJustmoose - 16.05.12, 07:35

Rep: (3)
Justmoose @ 05/16/2012, 07:46*
MACTOgOHT, it is better to buy a router with a USB port and support for usb 3g modems and stick an operator's whistle in it.
This, for example, d-link dir-320, zyxel keenetic, trendnet tew-655.
At the same time, at a comparable price, you get a more stable wifi signal, no unlocking problems and additional network configuration options. In the case of kinetics, for example, a network hard drive.
Z. S. In my opinion, e583x is easier to unlock.
Cheaper you can buy in Chinese online stores, but wait a month or more for delivery.
Z. Z. Y. TP-LINK TL-MR3020

Post has been editedJustmoose - Today, 08:35 AM

Thanks for the answer. But what is needed is an egg. On the shelf is a dir-320 and there is a whistle too.
e583x - mts selling it? Or a megaphone?
Sory, but not strong in models :)

MACTOgOHT @ 05/16/2012, 16:08*
e583x - mts selling it? Or a megaphone?

This refers to the Huawei e5830 or e5832. There are both MTS and Megafon, I don’t know about Beeline, but there is firmware from Beeline.Hereunlock it and discuss ..

Post has been editedJustmoose - 16.05.12, 16:20

Rep: (0)
Please advise. I need a 3G modem to give, I will definitely connect an external antenna.
As I understand it, there are many options: buy something like Huawei E173 and solder an antenna connector to it, or buy a modem with a connector right away.
Or maybe there are ready-made 3G wi-fi routers with a connector for an antenna and a reasonable price?
Any feedback on the Huawei E369? Is it really possible to solder the antenna to it?

Maxbl4 @ 05/20/2012, 12:24*
Or maybe there are ready-made 3G wi-fi routers with a connector for an antenna and a reasonable price?

there isbut what price do you think is reasonable? There is a ZTE MF60, you can buy for $ 90-100 atEbaybut have to wait.
Of course, it’s easier to get a modem with a ready-made connector.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 10.11.20, 10:42