Selection of network equipment | advice and help for choosing

Rep: (2182)

Attached Image

How to ask a question in the topic
When searching for equipment, specify the following information.
A request not in form can be deleted, respect the time of those who answer you.
  1. Connection Type: ADSL / Ethernet / Optics / Modem / By Air.
  2. Connection speed:Approximate speed, link to the tariff plan of the provider.
  3. Connection speed:If you do not know or find it difficult to say, describe your wishes from the device. Let's try to help and so
  4. Connection Type:LAN, PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP, etc. (again, the link to the provider).
  5. Required functionality:IPTV, games, WiFi N, Samba, FTP, VPN client / server, etc.
  6. Price.
  7. Preferences (if any) by brands of equipment.
  8. If possible, indicate the location and purpose of the use of equipment:apartment, office, country house, hostel.

Example
“I’m looking for a home router, Ethernet connection method, modem, 20 Mbps speed, need IPTV, games, L2TP connection type, budget: about $ 50.
I am looking for a switch, a hub controlled, 8 ports, a port speed of 100 Mbit / s, duplex, up to $ 100, the brand is not important. "
Support for individuals
At the forum there are representatives of companies, manufacturers or developers of equipment, they can ask the necessary questions in QMS
In connection with the termination of the contract Wi-Cat<>NAG original version Wive-NG for the new SNR-CPE equipment (starting with SNR-CPE-ME2) will not be issued.
Support for individuals on the already released equipment is carried out within the forum.https://wi-cat.ru/forums.
By SNR-CPE updated information from Dear sfstudio
Keenetic equipment questions to the respectedIlya Khrupalov
The official representative of the provider to Dom.Rusavagemessiahzine.com
Articles and reviews
Useful

The curator of the topic isDjeclol. For all questions please contactQMS.

Post has been editedDjeclol - 30.07.20, 20:30
Reason for editing: Emulator TP-LINK router menu

Rep: (2)
<RAF> @ 09.03.20, 01:11 *
Hello! Prompt like Keenetic Giga (KN-1010), or the like, in the price range of things to work on speed usb 3.0 with an external drive? I want to throw in a small office on his documents and a small file in Microsoft access format for sharing and editing 8 employees, whether he will pull these tasks? As it the case with copying and reading a small amount of files? Is there vooobsche routers, which will cope with this task?

Run fools! ))
I had somehow sekas a database in Microsoft Access on multiple PCs on a network. And, like, a small base (up to hundreds of megabytes somewhere), but even on the SSD on a separate NAS they slow down considerably in some places, in the best case - unpleasant, but tolerable. By VPN from a remote workstation (about 30 ms ping) a desire to kill. would rid you from this harsh legacy of ancestors, it is acceptable only works locally. Well, or a separate server Remote Desktop, where the base locally on it. In short, there is no need to wallpaper to change, and courtesans) This is, if not to say that keep important operating data for the office network is not on a separate NASe with Reid, ups and avtobekapom somewhere else, but on the router - the idea for the fearless and headless. In this router functionality for distribution kinushechek on TVs, no more Screw kinushechki - and the FIG have with them.

Post has been editedHomyak1987 - 09.03.20, 01:53

Rep: (12)
Please tell me the router to buy. Flat 80kv / m. Connect the TV on Wi Faya (one second wire) (watch movies, tv ip on Smart TV), two phones, tablet PCs, and most importantly PS4. Gigabit Internet, the speed of 500 AIDS test. It Was Ksyaomi 3g router with firmware Padawan, work for a year and started to fall off very often, after rebooting 3-4 hours normally worked and in a circle. Then there was the TP-Link Gigabit too, like a model n600. I worked for about a year, too, and also began to occur frequent sailings, which went on for some time after the restart. In November, was bought Tenda AC11 - it refuses to work with PS4, he says cable is not connected (tried other wires, another ps4) and tried wi-fi - with the console in any work does not want to, everything else was fine.
Please help with the choice of the unit, particularly to subsidence in toys on PS4 was not comfortable and TV to watch.

Post has been editedomnitrix - 09.03.20, 11:10

Rep: (181)
omnitrix @ 09.03.20, 01:51*
particularly to subsidencetoys on the PS4 was not comfortable and TV to watch.

all the devices you just shout - "including myself wire!"
kinetics try.
a year will come again advise.

Post has been editeddensen2002 - 09.03.20, 08:43

densen2002 @ 09.03.20, 08:42*
all the devices you just shout - "including myself wire!"
kinetics try.
a year will come again advise

They have always been connected to the wire, but one of the TV, but even so there were frequent sailings, which were solved reboot.

Rep: (367)
<RAF> @ 09.03.20, 01:11 *
I want to throw in a small office on his documents and a small file in Microsoft access format for sharing and editing 8 employees, whether he will pull these tasks?
You have rightly said, that will not work, it is necessary to put a dedicated sql server, and queries can be done from accession. The server can be on one of the computers to arrange, if there is no money at all.

Posted on 03/09/2020, 10:20:

omnitrix @ 09.03.20, 10:13*
They have always been connected to the wire, but one of the TV
put rb750gr3 mikrotik as a router, and your router to set the access point mode.

Rep: (0)
* FCTSU001,
* Homyak1987,
Thanks for the tip, I basically thought so. About backups and raids vkurse. I myself shared document storage idea of ​​interest, a la the company's charter, and details like + a small access database. Probably have to abandon the idea.

Rep: (10)
Ubiquiti NanoStation Loco M2 I understand that street. Nevertheless, it would be desirable to cover from prying eyes and the bright sun where it will turn yellow.
How can this be done? Can anyone have experience.

<RAF> @ 09.03.20, 12:26 *
I myself shared document storage idea of ​​interest, a la the company's charter, and details like +
it is possible, and a plus to use one of the computers.

Rep: (181)
Sprig @ 09/03/20, 11:42*
Can anyone have experience.

acrylic paint the desired color scheme

Posted on 09/03/2020, 13:45:

omnitrix @ 09.03.20, 09:13*
They have always been connected to the wire, but one of the TV, but even so there were frequent sailings, which were solved reboot.

well advised - Mikrotik RB750GR3
access point - to taste.
e.g., aboard Ruckus 7363 has three Ethernet ports, and it is possible to connect wired devices 2

Post has been editeddensen2002 - 09.03.20, 13:48

Rep: (158)
<RAF> @ 9.03.20, 12:26 *
I myself shared document storage idea of ​​interest, a la the company's charter, and details like + a small access database.

What's the point, if the network has a complete file server backup and raids?
Single point of failure with which it is clear how to fight. And then you yourself invent additional golovnyak

Rep: (5)
Hello! Puzzled by the creation of a good point wi-fi. The problem is that it is often moving, and all his drag behind. Internet need to nouta where evenings spend time in the DCS. Therefore, considering for purchase so-called max geymerskie routery- low ping, stability, dimensions min .. In general ISPs vary with each relocation and one router) budget in the region of +/- 160. Area Coatings here you can not guess where I will bring.
At the moment, I consider these options:
1. Linksys ea-850 maxstream
2.Asus AC 86u 2900
3. Netgear xr300 / 450
4. Keenetic viva, Asus ac58u ??
Honestly did not understand what it means gamer, my understanding is 1 + GHz percent, min 256ram, QoS, mu-mimo, beam forming. Maybe this is pure marketing and I will have enough to take something out of 4 points? So it goes

Rep: (5)
The notebook should IntelВ® Wireless-AC 9260

Rep: (264)
crewoi @ 09.03.20, 13:57*
Honestly I did not understand what it means gamer

Azucena and I mean LGBT lights
Maybe this

if it works, the benefits are only the same type of the zoo and the efficiency is low:
qos - as a constraint on the width of the channel can make any client
qos - as a distributor queue .. resources are not enough and the traffic encryption kills
qos - as a backup channel, not everyone has
beam forming - died without being born. except for the implementation of bimflekse anywhere sensibly and do not exist.
and I enough

1. buy current signal with directional phased array
2. point. able to work with unstructured noise

Post has been editedJomphboob - 09.03.20, 15:59

densen2002 @ 09.03.20, 13:43*
well advised - Mikrotik RB750GR3
access point - to taste.
e.g., aboard Ruckus 7363 has three Ethernet ports, and it is possible to connect wired devices 2

FCTSU001 @ 09.03.20, 10:17*
put rb750gr3 mikrotik as a router, and your router to set the access point mode.

Thanks for the advice, but there is no option to it all in one device has been or is better to do as you say (marshrutizator->access point)? For example Mikrotik hAP AC? Or she will also dump in a year?

Rep: (0)
Vladr @ 09.03.20, 13:47*
What's the point, if the network has a complete file server backup and raids?
Single point of failure with which it is clear how to fight. And then you yourself invent additional golovnyak
The company is not large, the file server does not have. All while on one of the PCs rassharino. Here the director and conceived such an idea to the router, and I have been studying this issue. The server does not want to buy and the places of his office no. Pridets its incline the compact disc nk c ssd pro level.

<RAF> @ 9.03.20, 17:25 *
Here the director and conceived such an idea to the router, and I have been studying this issue. The server does not want to buy and the places of his office no.

Well, just do not want to, let him and the city a garden
We have to run out of this office, which is in the modern world of IT saves

At least recommend collecting NAS to FreeNAS, XigmaNAS, Xpenology.
Enough even old platform atom J1800 J1900, and even D2550 or D2700 handle. In simple miniITX body and a pair of drives in raid

Post has been editedVladr - 09.03.20, 18:36

omnitrix @ 09.03.20, 16:23*
For example Mikrotik hAP AC? Or she will also dump in a year?
Dumps will not, but wifi in mikrotika not a fountain. If the range is not needed and there is no apple devices, it is possible and hap ac lite, pay for outdated hap ac do not see any reason at all. He has a pair of highly specialized tasks for which it is possible to take advantage of the SFP and 5GHz 3x3, of the disadvantages of a dead percent. You can see hap ac2, but it is more expensive than a hex, and taking into account the curve wifi do not see any advantages over hex, unless abut the wifi available on the device. Although, if everything is wired wires can poke additional wifi points and cover all the areas, the more that you have them, which fall off, can mode points and dumps will not.

Posted on 09/03/2020, 20:24:

Vladr @ 09.03.20, 18:32*
At least recommend collecting NAS to FreeNAS, XigmaNAS, Xpenology.
What's the point? It is better to combine a computer with SQL Server. Of course it is better to select only a server problem and Reid added.

FCTSU001 @ 09.03.20, 20:21*
It is better to combine a computer with SQL Server. Of course it is better to select only a server problem and Reid added.

this will not argue. Better decisions.
Then we can take any b / a, * nix + PostgreSQL. Raised for 5 users 1C to this version, it is efficient. And the old iron works.

Rep: (9)
Prompt router different than mercury d191g and mercury d196g? In addition to appearance and additional lan portal.

Rep: (818)
leon2222 @ 09.03.20, 23:57*
router different than mercury d191g and mercury d196g?

https://www.acwifi.net/9028.html

Post has been editedfull-length - 17.04.20, 16:00

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 26/08/20, 11:10