Help with choosing a laptop | Selection of laptops for specific requirements

Rep: (596)
Choice-comparison and discussion of laptops of various brands, as well as their capabilities and disadvantages
Your notes | Gaming laptops | Overclocking CPU and notebook GPU | Ambulance laptop owners

Attached Image

Some people think that a cheap laptop is a bad and not reliable laptop, and an expensive laptop is a good and good thing. And accordingly: the more expensive the laptop, the better it is. In fact, it is not. “Bad” can be an expensive device. Much depends on the manufacturer. And within the framework of one manufacturer, only its functionality, prestige, power will depend on the cost of the machine.

When choosing a laptop, you need to understand for what purpose you need it.

Sample request template for assistance in choosing a laptop
1. Maximum price of a laptop: (for example, 20 000 rubles)
2. City, which will be made buying a laptop (for example, Moscow / St. Petersburg / Samara / Kiev)
3 Screen Size in inches: 15.4 ", 10.1", 13.1 "...
3.1. Whether embedded devices need: DVD / BR, bluetooth, SIM (GSM-modem) and so forth.
3.2. Is there a preference for the type of screen: (gloss or matte)
4. What is important in the first place: performance, weight, portability, long battery life and so on.
5. Does the laptop will be used for games. If yes, what: Solitaire or GTA and tanks ...
6. What additional ports are needed: eSata, USB-C and so on.
7. Other preferences (for example, only pink)

F.A.Q.-Frequently Asked Questions
AT: What is a laptop?
ABOUT: Notebook (English notebook - notebook, notepad PC) - a portable personal computer, in the case of which typical components of a PC are combined, including a display, keyboard and pointing device (usually a touch panel or touchpad), a handheld computer, and rechargeable batteries. Laptops are small in size and weight, the battery life of laptops varies from 1 to 15 hours.
AT: Can I charge my laptop in the car?
ABOUT: Of course you can! car cigarette lighter power is enough to supply almost any, even the most voracious laptop. That's just not the battery voltage is 210-240V in the outlet and 10-19V (depending on model). To fix this, use the standard motor inverter "12V DC - 220V AC". With it will be a normal socket, you can use to charge the laptop battery in your car. And the network unit receives, from the laptop 100 to 240 and "puts out" destructive voltage spikes.
AT: What is "standby"?
ABOUT: Standby in a laptop is almost the same as shutdown. Only when switching to the standby mode, all open windows and programs will not be closed. When you "wake up" a laptop, you will start working from the place where you left off.
AT: How are Apple laptops (MacBooks) different?
ABOUT: First of all, a completely different operating system: not Windows, but Mac OS X. This entails differences in technical capabilities. Apple computers are most often used when working with multimedia applications, graphics, and design developments.
AT: What are PCMCIA and CardBus cards?
ABOUT: Expansion cards of the laptop, with their help, you can connect a TV tuner, card reader, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth modules.
AT: What is the S / PDIF output, why is it needed?
ABOUT: S / PDIF - English Sony / Philips Digital Interface Format is a standard for transmitting digital audio between various audio components. Allows several types of cable and types of jacks 3.5 mm jack (standard plug from headphones), and RCA jack, popularly referred to as "Tulip". Another type of S / PDIF is called "optical", or TOSLINK - a light guide is used for data transmission. The advantage of the S / PDIF optical type is excellent electrical noise immunity.
AT: What is a “glass matrix”?
ABOUT: Special matrices production technology - provides high brightness of liquid crystal displays, color saturation, more vivid and colorful image. Colors in laptops with the matrix appear fresh, juicier, because the matrix is ​​applied to the laptop special glossy finish instead of a conventional opaque. Visually reducing the distance between adjacent pixels, the coating thereby significantly increases the contrast and brightness of the image. A significant drawback of glossy matrices is that they seem to serve as a mirror for you and the objects around you (which is why such a matrix is ​​sometimes called the mirror). In addition, the laptop screen with a matrix much glare, and the more intense lighting in your room is, the worse the image seen on the laptop screen.
AT: What to look for in the design of the case?
ABOUT: Hole for ventilation. If the radiator hole is located at the bottom, then you need a hard surface for comfortable notebook operation, so that the legs of the laptop create a small distance from the surface, since by placing it on some soft surface, you close the cooling holes.
USB ports. It is desirable that the USB ports are not grouped in one place, but were scattered on the sides. Since when you connect one large USB device, such as a flash drive, you can block other ports.
AT: What is the use of a widescreen screen?
ABOUT: The widescreen display has an aspect ratio of 16: 9, rather than 4: 3, like a normal display. On a laptop with such a screen, it is more convenient to work on the Internet and with text documents, since the basic information is located in the center of the screen, and the side space can be used at your discretion. On the widescreen display is much more pleasant to watch a movie, since the black bars above and below disappear.
AT: How much RAM is enough for comfortable work?
ABOUT: 512 MB of RAM will be enough for comfortable work on the Internet, in Word and Excel, as well as for watching movies. Ideal volume - 2 GB and more, you can work with comfort in Windows Vista and Windows 7.
AT: How to quickly charge a laptop battery?
ABOUT: In order to charge the battery faster, you need to turn off the laptop and connect it via a mains adapter to a 220V outlet. The fact is that when the laptop is turned on, the energy that comes from the mains adapter is consumed by the operation of the laptop systems and its battery charge. But when the laptop is turned off, all the energy goes to the battery, so its charge is faster than when the laptop is turned on.
AT: I have a very hot laptop, is this some kind of malfunction?
ABOUT: It all depends on how long ago began to warm up your laptop. If you bought it recently and since the first day it is heated to about the same, you can not worry about. The heating of the bottom surface of the notebook in the process - a common phenomenon for lowering can use a special stand-fan temperature. But if the laptop has become warm when it was some time after the purchase, you should first clean it yourself from the dust with a special vacuum cleaner (perhaps a clogged air vents). If this does not help, contact the service center.

miscellanea

The topic is looking for a curator!

Post has been editedslava_ussr - 13.07.20, 09:25
Reason for editing: reissue

Rep: (0)
10k UAH, the city of Kirovograd, mainly for working with standard and engineering programs, games preferably Dota 2, Skyrim, and Civilization)

Post has been editedtixyshnik - 25.09.17, 22:57

Rep: (1)
Hello!I really need help in choosing a laptop!

1. Budget: up to30 000 rubles
2. Moscow
3. Screen size in inches: from 13.3 to 15 (14 is optimal)
3.1. If the diagonal is less than 14 inches, is the drive needed: not needed
3.2. Are there any preferences for the type of screen: IPS Full HD - advantage.
4. What is important in the first place:mobility (weight up to 1.5) and autonomy (from 7-8 hours to infinity)
Do I need games: no! But the ability to run 1C is an advantage.

Comment:
Functions: Use for remote work RDP / Teamviewer, trouble-free surfing and small tasks in the office.

I decided that I would take either a normal laptop for 30, or a half-alive similarity for little money, but be exchanged for g * clearly ... such ...
In any case, its functions must perform!

My options (+ opinion, all based on information from the Internet):

1. KREZ N1402P - cloudbook - to be. 1C I will not start (probably) + a lot of headaches with updates, drivers, etc. I consider it early to buy such models, because in the event of a breakdown, there is no one to turn to, and the quality makes you think about it constantly. Tactile sensations are expected from the rest of budget notebooks. These are cons. And there everything is usually soldered on the board. Left a comment inacc. topic.

2. HP ProBook 440 G4 Y7Z75EA - seems like the best option. Confused weight and TN display (2k17 in the yard as BE?). The quality of the display and viewing angles say (saw comments on the Market) like an ATM. Otherwise, for me the perfect configuration + the ability to dock operatives + SSD. I think a full-fledged laptop for a great price.

3. Acer Swift 3 - Only BU. HD resolution (1366x768). But ips. Again, if that (and I had cases when the hard refused), how to maintain it? Where to get a new battery, it will not keep for 10 hours sooner or later? Lapal Swift 1 - very nice to work with, but 1C on Swift 1 - I'm afraid in any way. Then why give 30k for an inferior laptop? Swift 3 in this respect satisfies the conditions, but as described above, there are downsides.

Questions :
1. Are there alternatives? What advise?
2. Is there a difference between 13 "and 14"?
3. Is there a difference between FULL HD and HD?

All responded - thanks! I do not take laptops every day, and for me it is a small event, and the next one - about 5 years from now.

Post has been editedl11aTT - 05.10.17, 11:54

Advise up to 20 000 (rubles)
To look normal (there are such laptops on which it is simply impossible to watch).
Well, I could pull programs from java, Ps, etc.
City Ufa

Post has been editedProdto - 20.01.18, 13:30
Reason for editing: I did not complete the data ...

Rep: (79)
l11aTT @ 05.10.17, 11:48*
Hello! I really need help choosing a laptop!

1. Budget: up to 30 000 rubles

It is quite possible to find something in this price, but you have underestimated the weight and size, in these parameters there will be an extra charge to the cost.

If in general it is worth looking for i3-6006u / 6100u / 7100u + 4-6GB + 500-1000GB HDD + 14-15 "@ 1920x1080 / 1600x900 in weight 1.5-2kg

If it is possible to deliver from abroad, you can find something likehttps: //www.computerun...book-x405ua-bv285t.asp

* l11aTT ,
I can advise Acer aspire a5
I would buy it myself if I allowed the budget.
This is a ssd laptop!
For 30k, of course you can hardly find ...
I have seen over 35,000.
The laptop has op. Memory for eight gigs ... But in the junk write, you can increase to sixteen.
Do not know whether they lie?

Post has been editedProdto - 20.01.18, 19:45

Advise what to buy from the models below. Itself in China, there I will order.

https://item.jd.com/18233606673.html
https://item.jd.com/21657599622.html
https://item.jd.com/5148295.html
https://item.jd.com/15968981673.html
https://item.jd.com/10671291167.html

The problem is that not all models have analogues available in Russia, respectively, there is nothing to read about reliability

Rep: (267)
The point is to buy there, only in one case - the difference with us is at least -35% for brands. Otherwise, it is better not to chase virtual low prices. Chinese products and xiaomi better not even look. They have not learned how to do telephones.

Good day, need a laptop for home needs

1. up to 650 USD
2. Kharkiv
3. 15 inches
4. Internet, movies, office programs

hard drive not less than 1TV, Full HD

Post has been editedsunshineportland - 23.01.18, 05:50

Rep: (2)
1. Maximum laptop price: 70k (but comfortable 50k-60)
2. City of Moscow
No matter which store
3. Screen size in inches: 14-15
3.1. Drive is not needed
3.2. Are there preferences for the type of screen: FHD, IPS, matte (normal matrix)
4. What is important in the first place: performance (i5-82250U, for example, 8 GB of RAM, ergonomics, thinner, metal (preferably), SSD 256 GB + fast, not heated, not very noisy.
The most convenient to use. Modern ports (USB 3.0, HDMI), autonomy is not important, lightness is an advantage. High-quality assembly. Minimum marriage. Solid appearance.
5. Whether games are needed: no, an MX150 card is sufficient.

Rep: (7)
Hello, everyone, help pliz, did anyone take a gaming laptop from HP?https://www.mvideo.ru/…30039078/specificationif yes, please answer: does it have problems with overheating? Glitches and other serious problems?

Rep: (10)
Gentlemen, I am looking for a budget laptop: lightweight, more or less high-quality assembly and with good autonomy.
The choice fell onASUS VivoBook E403NA GA041. I did not find a normal review, however, as well as the reviews of the owners. The difficulty lies in the fact that in my city there is no this laptop in stock and will have to ask someone to bring it from Moscow. I would not want to buy a cat in a bag and be disappointed. It is clear that only 20k and nevertheless cherish the hope that Asus has made a relatively high-quality product.
The characteristics indicate ssd, but in fact there is an eMMC there and how smart it is to be known. I am also interested in how good the screen is (14 "TN (LED) Glossy), since I would not like to experience discomfort while working. I would appreciate the opinion of the experienced, and if lucky, also the owners)

Post has been editedozfr - 30.07.18, 15:01

Rep: (114)
Good time of day.
1. Maximum price of a laptop: 45000r (the comfort amount is up to 40k)
2. City: Ivanovo. There are no links to the city, I consider buying on the Internet. (I'll take it where it is cheaper)
3. Screen size 15.6 "
3.1 is not needed.
3.2. Precepts IPS, but I can also take TN.
4. What is important in the first place: performance. Although I wanted to find a middle ground.
5. Whether games are necessary: ​​Yes, are necessary. But there is a PS4 for gaming.
5.1. I would like to play at medium, low settings. (Pubg, wow, sims4, GTA5 - something like that.)
5.2. Yes
Other preferences:
Availability type-c +
The presence of the keyboard backlight +
at least i5, from 4GB (expandable from 8GB) discrete video.
The presence or possibility of combining HHD and SSD.
Ps. I am looking for a device for work. Office, reports, surfing. But I do not want, that the laptop will be wired at home with a brick. Stats PC eliminates and serves for viewing YouTube and surfing, movies and no more.
For myself, until I found two options: VIYO I7 and Lenovo 720-15ikb

And what do you suggest? Thanks in advance.

Rep: (136)
Ozfr @ 07/30/18 13:11*
Gentlemen, I am looking for a budget laptop: lightweight, more or less high-quality assembly and with good autonomy.
The choice fell on the ASUS VivoBook E403NA GA041. I did not find a normal review, however, as well as the reviews of the owners. The difficulty lies in the fact that in my city there is no this laptop in stock and will have to ask someone to bring it from Moscow. I would not want to buy a cat in a bag and be disappointed. It is clear that only 20k and nevertheless cherish the hope that Asus has made a relatively high-quality product.
The characteristics indicate ssd, but in fact there is an eMMC there and how smart it is to be known. I am also interested in how good the screen is (14 "TN (LED) Glossy), since I would not like to experience discomfort while working. I would appreciate the opinion of the experienced, and if lucky, also the owners)

IMHO Asus in this budget has more interesting devices: ASUS X507 - there are different versions. I would look at the one with FullHD 8GB RAM, Pentium N5000 128GB SSD. It is worth about 23tr (https: //www.citilink.r...ile/notebooks/1061747/ )

On the quality screen, of course, you can not count here

Post has been edited~ Vasay ~ - 30.07.18, 17:30

Rep: (10)
~ Vasay ~ @ 07.30.18, 17:23*
IMHO Asus in this budget has more interesting devices: ASUS X507 - there are different versions. I would look at the one with FullHD 8GB RAM, Pentium N5000 128GB SSD

Thank you, but it seems to me that your version with a 15.6 screen will no longer be so mobile. Also relevant is the issue of battery life. What do you think, how good is the battery in my version? Thanks to your link, found a couple of interesting moments in this store.

Rep: (6)
* ozfr , taking this laptop is not an option at all, for such money you can find it with an FHD screen and more powerful Celeron. Take a closer look at Teclast f7 , Alldocube Knote5 (tablet, but the new generation of Celeron is already worth it), prestigio 133s (sold in our stores, but memory is cut, some have a marriage)

Rep: (136)
Ozfr @ 07.30.18, 22:18*
Your version with a screen of 15.6 will not be so mobile.

The difference in weight 250g

The difference in CPU is huge:https: //www.notebookch…hz=1&cores=1&threads=1

I have an old tablet on Intel Atom Z3795 - so it is more productive than the N3350

By the way, if you really need something compact and long-lived - look at Windows on Windows.

Rep: (62)
Hello! There is a need for the purchase of beech. The house has a relatively powerful computer on the fx-8350, for my problems with his head. Beech need for onsite and work-out. AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, Blender, Photoshop. The network under such tasks only advise i- series Intel higher and discrete video. You can string up of course, but here's a thought glozhat - Do I need repleysment my desktop? I was once on a beech t2330 with 1.5 GB of operatives, so he managed to 2 years to use it as a primary, even rendered the some interiors on it simple. Now the temptation to take n5000 and 8GB SSD for operatives with 25 thousand and calm down benchmarks for he is almost 3 times more productive t2330. Only noise everywhere - the brake, it is for school, office no more chrome brakes, etc. That's all in doubt, what do you say? Take the "game"?

Rep: (2)
Hello. Tell me, please, what kind of laptop can I get (and if there is one), up to 35,000 rubles. Not a game, but to go PES 2019. City of Samara.
Thank you in advance

He wants to give it to everyone, I ask for help in choosing, I don’t really understand it myself, but I want to take it with a reserve for several years.

1. Maximum price of a laptop: 45-47t.r.
2. The city in which the purchase of the laptop will be made: Moscow, Yandex Market
3. Screen size in inches: from 17
3.1. If the diagonal is less than 14 inches, is the drive needed: (for example, only the built-in is needed)
3.2. Are there preferences for the type of screen: (for example, matte) Matte, good, IPS?
4. What is important in the first place: performance
5. Do you need games: do not need at all, the Internet, video, office software.
I want silver in general

In my opinion of the necessary i5 8250, combo hard drive with ssd or ssd.
My amateurish options:

Dell on player ru

nr on the player

advise and your options plz.

Post has been editedkirillovmsk - 02.08.18, 12:42

Rep: (267)
How can you compare 5770 with good IPS and HP with lousy TN? In 47k, you still do not meet, because You also need to buy a memory bar for 8GB to double its speed.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 30/07/20, 00:07