Rep: (1249)
Accessories for readers

We buy original
Cover
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Actually, the most important accessory, without which the reader (especially with an E-ink screen) is hard to imagine. It reliably protects the book from external influences and saves a rather fragile screen. Most often, the cover is already included in the kit, but sometimes you have to buy it yourself or choose an alternative one.

Backlight
Attached Image
Accessory is needed only for e-ink readers. Special lamps allow you to comfortably read in low light and complete darkness.
Unusual wexler solution:Accessories for readers (Post # 8640345)
Attached ImageAttached Image

Memory card
Attached Image
Pretty useful accessory, especially if the memory in your reader is not very much (I have only 300MB). If you plan to only read books - you hardly need a memory card. If you plan to read pdf magazines and listen to music - take a 2-4 GB card. In my e-reader it costs 4GB and I’ve got enough of it. If you are the owner of a tft reader and plan to watch movies, you can take a card up to 32 GB.
The reader mainly uses 5 types of cards: SD, SDHC, microSD, microSDHC and MMC. And with the help of a special adapter, the MMS card easily enters and works in the SD slot. By the way, you shouldn’t buy high-end memory cards for readers - it’s just useless for reading books and listening to music.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Headphones
Attached Image

Useless accessory for listening to music and watching videos. Many books are simply not equipped with a speaker. Most of the devices have a jack jack 3,5mm, but they come across with a jack jack 2,5mm. Also, it is not worth buying advanced and expensive models for high-quality sound - often the iron of a book simply does not allow it. I have enough simple plugs for 500r.

Circle "crazy hands"

Post has been editedPicnik - 08.02.12, 18:52

Like everything listed. If you forgot something or have any ideas, what information to add - write: victory:

Rep: (0)
And how much will such a highlight cost?

Vipkino
high-quality original - about 1000r, cheap China - around 300r

Rep: (399)
By the way, you can still offer to post users' own work on accessories (or make a separate topic, if it will be better)
For example, I came across the idea of ​​using a headlamp when reading on E-ink devices.
I have not tried it myself yet, but when assessing the brightness of my headlamp, I think it will glare, but you can insert a frosted glass.

Here is a hard case made from an old AT-standard power supply for my Wexler Book E6001
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

balaamster @ 06/11/2011, 14:32*
By the way, you can still offer to post users' own work on accessories

Of course you can, you even need: yes2:
For example, I came across the idea of ​​using a headlamp when reading on E-ink devices.

Yes, if not resistive or capacitive touchscreen - should not be too bright.
Here is a hard case made from an old AT-standard power supply for my Wexler Book E6001

So wear? Or for protection during transport?

Posted on 06/11/2011, 13:58:

Changed the cap, now it is divided into 2 parts and does not take so much space

Rep: (399)
So I carry with me, the weight of the reader + case is approximately equal to the weight of a large textbook of 700 pages, I had to carry such with me earlier. And here, with equal weight, a greater number of books.
I have in my bag with myself very often items that are potentially dangerous for the reading room - an umbrella, a thermos, etc.
Yes, and in the crowd in the subway often had to happen in the hustle and bust, and here the metal stiffness is sufficient to protect against compression.

Previously, there were ideas to buy a plastic container for products or a tin with cookies, but nothing fit in size.
Decided to make from scrap materials

Post has been editedbalaamster - 11.06.11, 14:05

Rep: (3)
Circle "crazy hands"

There was a backlight for a laptop that was rarely used.
In connection with the purchase of the book WEXLER.BOOK E6001, the idea arose to use the backlight to read the book.

Because I didn’t want to break anything and the book was attached to the cover with magnets. The idea was to attach the backlight to the magnet too.
Attached Image

Bought:
- a container for 3 AA batteries (I wanted an AAA container, but was not available);
- USB slot for mounting on the board.

It took 20 minutes, a soldering iron, superglue, electrical tape.

... soon add a photo of the result.

Here's what happened:
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Rep: (0)
There was a question: does the magnet have no effect on the batteries or the device itself? : happy:

Rep: (9)
Orsio b721 + (and others) and Case Logic ESC101.
Books from Orsio (and quite popular 6 "PocketBook) do not fit in this case in length, although the case itself is what the doctor prescribed. Made it as follows:

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedlogistics - 28.07.11, 22:04

Rep: (2)
The people, the question arose concerning the accessories, namely the cover. There is a book Onext Touch Read 001. The cover that came in the kit has become unusable. I would like to buy her a replacement. But there is no cover for this particular book. But I am sure that there is some kind of compatible one that would fit in size. Material preferably leather. What can you advise? Walk around the market and measure everything there is no time :(

Rep: (206)
I want to show the public my results on making a cover for the Nook Touch. Since the house is not factory conditions :), then the cover turned out to be a bit rough, but it is quite suitable for transportation and reading.
Prehistory of manufacturing: the other day I bought a new Nuk for 5500 r, for another extra 1800 p requested for a case, then a toad crushed me and a case for 1/3 of the reading room I did not take.
At home, setting up and downloading books, I was puzzled by the daily transportation of the reading room, although I always carry a bag like a tablet, but without a protective case it was somehow scary to shove. And then the gaze fell on the bookshelf where the usual paper organizer presented by someone was standing, so the idea arose to remake it for new needs.
It had to be completely gutted, because the length of it was like 2 Nuka edges cut on the front side of said piece of hardboard. The edges are glued ordinary PVA, the inner surface veneered with 2 pieces of denim (I had to glue the whole piece, then there would be a joint in the middle, but the whole piece of this size was not :(). The hardest part was to fixtures, eventually took 3 strips thin metal (left over from the old system unit - the rear covers for the ports) bent them papered with tape so as not to scratch the Nook and stuck on superglue As a result, hours of work turned out a good case, though it is the first option, but already have ideas how best to do. but that in the future).

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedBillard - 31.07.11, 11:09
Reason for editing: Additional photos are removed in the spoiler.

Rep: (206)
After using the case of my own making for several days (the post above) I came to the conclusion that a number of things did not suit: the cover turned out to be a bit too big and constantly prevented metal fasteners from attaching Velcro strips from 4 corners. I decided to make option number 2. After trial use I stopped on this variant as on the final one.
For manufacturing it took:
- 1 school diary - 30 rubles.
- a piece of artificial leather 40 cm wide and along the length of the roll (purchased at a fabric store near the house) - 150 rubles.
- a few pieces of 2-sided scotch - 50 rubles for a coil.
- PVA glue has remained with the repair.
- a strip of 2 cm rubber bands instead of a latch. When reading in the open state, fingers are pushed under it and it also serves to further hold the reader
- about an hour of time :)
From the cover of the diary (very thick cardboard) cut 2 pieces, a little more than Nook in size, are covered with artificial leather using PVA. Nook is fixed to the cover with a few slices of a 2-sided adhesive tape, the idea of ​​bonding is taken from another forum where just pasted 350th Sonya. Velkrovye strips along the edges decided not to glue, because it is long enough to try on need, but IMHO does not look much (tested construction for durability - keeps very tight, did not become detached itself even under strong shaking in case of need without any problems Nook is removed from the cover,. traces on the rear surface using kachastvenno cling film is left).
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editeddoctor_23reg - 07.08.11, 17:44

Hello everyone, I would like to ask a question. Recently, a media brand in the store saw an unusual backlight for the reader - it connects to the mini-USB port of the reader and is powered by a battery: blink:
Of course, I decided to buy it as soon as possible, but it was not there - it was given only as a gift when buying Ritmix. After some time, I went to Gorbushka for a sensation - I walked around the whole shopping center, I did not find anything like it. Either they offered a flashlight with a USB output, or they shrugged their shoulders.
Has anyone seen such bulbs anywhere? And how much?
In my opinion, a very convenient accessory should be.

Rep: (1)
Hmm, but nobody soldered the battery from a mobile phone instead of the stock of the original Wexler Book T7001? On the Chinese player on the same Rockchip, this is a ride, I think, and here you can refine.

Post has been editedBamboo - 17.08.11, 14:44

Rep: (28)
Hmm, but nobody soldered the battery from the mobile instead of the stock one? On the Chinese player on the same Rockchip, this is a ride, I think, and here you can refine.

I personally have not yet met the batteries of mobile phones for 2000 mA-hr. And even if such and there will - by some tricked out device - that it will cost is comparable with the discussed book. So it makes no sense whatsoever. But, in my opinion, it makes sense to try to buy (or order in China) a naked bank, without a controller and enclosure. Firstly it will be much cheaper, and secondly "refine" that is to say do not have to break. In Veksler the bank stands naked, and the controller is located on the motherboard devices.

But where can you find such a battery for Wexler t7001?

Attached images
Attached Image

valerton
not such things will be sold. You can only search for owners of broken devices or at flea markets, but hardly.

Rep: (28)
On batteries, the picture is as follows. Somehow I was looking for a battery for an old communicator HW 6915. Realizing that I couldn’t find my own battery (even in China), I began to look for something similar to tear out a can from there. Found, I do not remember which model. 1200 mA-hour was written on the case. After the hull was broken, it turned out that 900 mA-hour was written on the bank. Measurements showed that the actual capacity of the can is about 600 mA-hour. The Chinese are in their repertoire.

Climbed now on the Internet, batteries, called "2000 mA-hour" and more exist in nature and even sold. Prices - from 1000 rubles. But it is named. What kind of bank is in the battery with the proud inscription "2000" - known only to the Thai God. I believe that most likely not more than 1000 (real, but not written). But on the other hand, in Veksler it is also worth the battery is not of Japanese manufacture.

I haven’t opened my device myself yet - there was no special need, and I don’t want to lose the guarantee for just like that, but from the stories of experienced people in this and the next forums I realized that there is more than enough space for a battery inside the case any bank, capacity maybe more, cheaper. And it gives hope. :)

Post has been editedRutcky - 16.08.11, 23:56

But I would also like to clarify what voltage the VEKSLER battery has? This is to search for a substitute.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 07/07/20, 23:30