Multiboot | Or use of several OS on one PC

Rep: (1216)
Multi-boot or use multiple OS on one computer

PC problems | Windows 8.1 | Windows 10 | Windows 8 | Windows 7 | Windows vista | Windows xp | Discussion Ubuntu Linux | Hackintosh on PC | LiveCD / DVD / USB

Attached Image

Discussion, problem solving, useful tips related to using multiple operating systems on one PC.

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 25.05.19, 14:51
Reason for editing: new header, edited by Kokwe

Rep: (10)
Well, if the whole thing is in the disk, then noCD to help;)

Rep: (1409)
FraLkee,
we are directly talking here))) So pliz in more detail what and how)))

Well, if there is such a load for games - noCD / noDVD patches (for each game they are essentially different). if the thing is that the game is not friendly with the disk, then just download this patch and that's it, we use the game disk only for installation. did not think that someone is not in the know about O_O

I myself use nosd even for those games with which I have discs, because I’m too lazy to get up and look for a game on the shelf: happy:

Rep: (16)
FraLkee @ 7.9.09, 18:01*
I myself use nosd even for those games with which I have discs, because I’m too lazy to get up and look for a game on the shelf

that's for sure))))

Something strange with my computer, when I tried to experiment in the installation process, that is, even after the fact did not reach the beginning, the computer was cut down. I checked 5 different distributions, one garbage ... Then right after leaving Akronis after formatting, the computer tried to start loading and was cut down, then during the entrance to Akronis ... Once it came to the moment "Press F6 ...", but it hung ... 7 installed normally ..

Rep: (157)
A little off topic, but in order not to create a separate topic, because a similar question - how to install Ubuntu Windows 7 in parallel? Right now it’s worth a bubunt, and I want to keep it in the same to see how it is

Rep: (276)
Izmalkoff @ 8.9.09, 6:22*
when trying to experiment during the installation process, that is, even in fact, not reaching the beginning, the computer was cut down.

I suppose that you need to get the driver IDE controller and slip it on an XP diskette. At 7 all possible drivers are already mounted. If you saved the drive from the motherboard, you can boot from it and use its own means. Or download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

JDima,
there was such a thought ... But the fact is that I already installed Windows from these distributions, without any problems .. If I just didn’t erase anything I needed on the hard drive. is it possible?
PS: I have a laptop, Acer Aspire 7720

Rep: (96)
I have already marked up the drive with XP, 200GB of free space is left. All markup for XP
Can I install additional Seven without formatting the hard drive?

Rep: (276)
Izmalkoff @ 8.9.09, 21:40*
If only I didn’t erase anything needed on the hard. is it possible?

Not.
PiLOT Salsk @ 8.9.09, 21:43*
Can I install additional Seven without formatting the hard drive?

Can. It is necessary to boot from disk 7, select the type of installation not “update”, but “additionally” (or whatever it is called there), reduce the partition from XP and create a new one, and set it to 7. It is better to defragment the partition in advance. Before that, in case of an error, it is better to backup, if you press the wrong button - 7 will not stand on ceremony with XP.

Yes, it’s the most version without a disk. More precisely, it was installed from the disk, and so as not to lose the game (it was on the computer) right now I copied all the folders with the game files to the USB flash drive from it and run it on the beech.

Can. It is necessary to boot from disk 7, select the type of installation not "update", but "additionally" (or whatever it is called there), reduce the partition with XP and create a new one, put 7 on it

Something did not see anything like this during installation, swears that everything will stick in the windows.old folder and XP itself will not start, there will be no other options

PiLOT Salsk,
so re-thread where))) Is there an opportunity?

That's the trouble, no.

Rep: (27)
somehow the thread goes strange, read it and didn’t quite understand.
I will briefly sign how I installed 7, XP and Ubuntu on one computer.
so.
1. set 7, set up and worked for about a month. all was good.
2. It was necessary to put XP for a pair of prog.
2.1. a disk with XP and Acronis Disk Director was found.
2.2. acronis freed up space on another hard drive (in principle, it doesn’t matter, but let it be clarified)
2.3. was in the usual way put on an empty place XP. at the same time, XP boot files were written to drive C (which costs 7) and bootloader 7 was brutally killed. That is, one XP was loaded.
2.4. Loader 7 was restored from disk 7 (now only 7 is loaded. XP does not start)
2.5. on the Internet with the keywords "installing vista and xp on the same computer" the EasyBCD program was googled (it seems so)
2.6. everything is intuitive in the program, and it added information about XP to loader 7. after reboot XP was normally loaded, which works to this day.
3. I decided to put Ubuntu and see it.
3.1. Ubuntu 9.04 was pumped out and another hard drive was found (now there are 3 of them, on each one system)
3.2. Ubuntu is installed on a new clean hard drive, grub is installed on the same drive with a view to possible future recovery.
3.3. in 7, using the same EasyBCD utility, grub information was added to the loader.
Result - there are 3 systems, they are selected by the loader 7.
the only negative - XP boot files are on disk 7, and with its format you will have to reinstall XP.
I did not immediately think, it was necessary to disconnect disk 7 when installing XP, leaving one hard drive, then this problem would not exist.
generally so. sorry for typos if sorry. wrote with pda

Rep: (111)
Arkin Hgarod @ 11.9.09, 9:12*
now there are 3 of them, each with one system

So it’s generally ideal when they are installed under different OSes on different physical screws. I used to suffer for a long time with these bootloaders, the choices of OSes and so on. Until I bought another forty for experiments. Right now it costs xp and 7, by default in the BIOS a screw with xp is selected for boot (for a family) well, and when booting, it’s not at all difficult to choose the hard drive from which to boot.
PiLOT Salsk,
Take the usual acronis or partial medical on some kind of resuscitator. We boot from the disk, run disk utilities, change the size or divide the physical disk. We format it in the desired file system and install any OS on a blank disk.

Post has been editedalex_s15 - 11.09.09, 16:47

Rep: (156)
I wrote about EasyBCD on the previous page, my messages are invisible, I’m going ...

BLA-BLA-BLA-BLA-BLA-BLA-BLA !!!! Be the summer champion !!!!

I re-partitioned them under XP onto the free part and threw 7.
Everything is still working

Rep: (687)
I want the seven to put the second system on the second disk, the first costs XP. In the BIOS I set the boot from the CD, I reboot with the installation one with the seven - it loads from the hard OS. I insert the boot from XP - it goes to the installation of the system. Why XP can be installed, but the seven do not want, as if the disk is not bootable. Checked UltraISO, boot disk: russian_ru:

Rep: (111)
algaloff
it means the drive is really NOT bootable.
I insert boot from XP - goes to the installation of the system

with 7 will be the same if the disc is recorded correctly. Maybe it makes sense to download another 7-ki assembly and try it?

Post has been editedalex_s15 - 30.09.09, 21:27

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 14.12.20, 05:22