New way to change applications (translation)

Rep: (367)
Option proposedheregood, but I think newbies from a large text have a fear of translation / editing, logically a lot = difficult. Predalayu new version of this action.

One request, do not write me a personal with questions! Read the cap a couple of times, then ask a question in the subject.

We will need:Java and Apk manager
Java download from the developer’s site, i.e.here or more recent. Apk manager, you can, and even need, download from here.
Attached fileApkManagerRUS.rar(3.77 MB)
(Mirror)

A new version:APKmanager 5.7
APKTool v1.5.2New way to change applications (translation) (Post # 22030406)
Apktool for mobile devices.

Do you use Linux-based OS? Youhere!

The main feature of this version is that it is translated into Russian and now it has become even easier to use. But I still show you how to Russify or change the desired application.

Instruction
0) Make sure everything is installed. All events will take place in the folder with the unzipped Apk Manager!
1) We copy the necessary application in a folder / place-apk-here-for-modding
2) Run Script.bat and we see the following picture:
Attached Image

Enter the number of the desired application and press Enter
3) There will be a bunch of options for action, do not get scared, choose the item 9 (Decompilation)
Attached Image

We wait..
4) Go to the folder / projects and find the folder with the desired application.
Go to the folderprojects \ your application.apk \ res \ values and look for a file there strings.xml
Create a folderprojects \ your application.apk \ res \ values-ru and copy there our strings.xml
I recommend Notepad ++ for editing, and in no case any “editors” like aiLocalizer, they add a lot of garbage to the source file and because of this it and therefore the program “gets fat”
Note: sometimes the translation may not only be in the filestrings.xml but also in arrays.xml , eg. Well, in particularly neglected cases (laucnher pro), a part of localization may be located in the smali code, we will not talk about it now.
5) After editing in the same Apk Manager, we select item 11. And here we see the following:
Attached Image

We are not scared, since we edited a non-system (not a system?) Application, then we write the lettern and push enter
6) Now it remains to sign the application, everything is simple. Choose 12 points.
7) If you are registered in PATH way to Adb ( in more detail ) then you can install the application right away by selecting item 13, or immediately from compiling to installation point 14.

Forgot to say, the finished application is located at/ place-apk-here-for-modding / signed your_application .apk

I hope this will encourage newcomers to such a noble cause as localization!

-----Answers on questions -----
AT : I have such a problem in the apkmanager program when I open scrip.bat on the screen of a cracker
ABOUT : Click on the command line icon in the upper left corner, Properties, Font, select Lucida Console.

AT : I did everything as it is written, but when I install it, what is wrong?
ABOUT : Has this application already been installed? Then you need to remove it along with the data before installing the modified one.
--
AT : In which encoding to save editable files?
ABOUT : UTF-8, if you use NotePad ++, see New way to change applications (translation) .
--
AT : Bug at build: "No resource identifier found for attribute 'xlargeScreens' in package 'android'", what's wrong?
ABOUT (The best way) : Update Apktool by reference: http://android-apktool.googlecode.com/file...ol1.4.1.tar.bz2
ABOUT (Simple option) : Delete from AndroidManifest.xml parameter xlargeScreens
After that, execute the command in the console:
del / F / Q "% UserProfile% \ apktool \ framework \ 1.apk"

--
AT : How to translate text in smali?
ABOUT : Read here .
Useful programThe method of translating Android applications (Post # 5918010)
--
AT : The application is not going to be after decompiling ( like here ).
ABOUT : Decision .
--
AT : With a large number of files in the Apk Manager, the tenth is not displayed.
ABOUT : New way to change applications (translation) (Post # 13314790)
--
AT A: Sometimes when you open a text in a laptop, the text lines are encoded like this: \ u901a \ u8baf \ u589e \ u5f3a.
ABOUT : Links to this topic provided by salaoshi :
Utility for translating Android applications
Utility for translating Android applications
http://yehongmei.narod.ru/translating_many...i_files_rus.htm
http://yehongmei.narod.ru/translating_andr...li_file_rus.htm

FAQ

If there are suggestions about the FAQ, then write in a personal, I almost do not follow the topic.

By the way, a translation plugin appeared in Notepad ++.
Plugins - Plugin Manager - Show plugin manager - Available
We are looking for a Translate plugin.
In the Change language referense properties, we change the priorities of languages ​​(SOURSE is the source language of the text, DESTINATION is the desired translation language), Ctrl-S and voila!
Next, select the word / phrase in the text and press Ctrl-Alt-ZNew way to change applications (translation) (Post # 13458534)

There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).
Prior to the appointment of the curator, on filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedvaalf - 23.11.17, 12:21
Reason for editing: curator

Rep: (2)
Immediately I warn you, when you translate, sign, do not even dare to replace the application of the original author, I translated the application 3 times because of this! : D

Rep: (9)
why all krakazyabra starts?

Rep: (97)
Berkakit18 @ 03/01/2011, 14:10*
... everything starts in Krakazyabra

the same garbage, too krakozabriki
XP SP3

Rep: (1)
You should not just edit the strings not in the values ​​folder, but create its copy and assign it to -ru (values-ru), and you should edit the strings file there !!! : yes2:

Posted on 1/3/2011, 20:26:

And what to do with smali? You did not say. : rtfm:

Mishalka @ 01/03/2011, 19:26*
You should not just edit the strings not in the values ​​folder, but create its copy and assign it to -ru (values-ru), and you should edit the strings file there !!!

This is indicated, we read carefully paragraph 4
Berkakit18 @ 03/01/2011, 13:10*
why all krakazyabra starts?

Move onreference
Mishalka @ 01/03/2011, 19:26*
And what to do with smali? You did not say.

Each case is individual, but so far I only got LaucherPro with the content of the lines in smali, if you are very interested, then please understand yourself ..

Post has been editedRang3r - 03.01.11, 22:42

Rep: (41)
Thank you very much! Great program!
Faced with 2 minor difficulties, he decided them himself:
1) Krakauzyabry when starting a script are solved simply. Open Cmd ->click on the top line of the window ->Properties ->Font Lucida Console
2) In order to start working with APK, you need to select one of them (paragraph 22)

Thanks again for the prog!

Rep: (145)
Tell us the nuances for the system apk

seriywolk1234 @ 01/06/2011, 13:41*
Tell us the nuances for the system apk

The program has a point: tips, at number 23.
If something else is not clear, ask.
ElectroTomat @ 01/04/2011, 21:20*
Faced with 2 minor difficulties, he decided them himself:
1) Krakauzyabry when starting a script are solved simply. Open Cmd ->click on the top line of the window ->Properties ->Font Lucida Console
2) In order to start working with APK, you need to select one of them (paragraph 22)

1) Yes, I only when I installed Windows, immediately put the font (a year ago somewhere), therefore I did not mention it =)
2) In the original way, yes, but I did that I would immediately ask to choose the application

Rep: (133)
Tell me:

After selecting 9 (Decompiling) writes
java version "1.6.0_22"
Java (TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)
Java HotSpot (TM) Client VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
Unexpected occurrence: Scanner_v3_5_2.apk == None.

and the window closes ..

OC Windows 7 64x, adb installed

Rep: (34)
Try to install a 32-bit version of java sdk. Win7 x64 works for me

Rep: (133)
I tried on the second laptop where the seven 86

java version "1.6.0_23"
Java (TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_23-b05)
Java HotSpot (TM) Client VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode, sharing)
adb is not internal or external
command, executable program or batch file.
Unexpected occurrence: Scanner_v3_5_2.apk == None.

An error was found: The file name must be without spaces!

Post has been editedba-last - 09.01.11, 00:09

Rep: (0)
The same error will occur if you do not select item 22 in the beginning and specify the name of the work file.

Post has been editedevgen_ln - 10.01.11, 01:03

Rep: (15)
Writes:
Adb is not detected, you can not copy / install applications to your phone.
To continue, press any key. . .

what is missing?

I tried all the options with encoding - it's useless.
Can someone convert it into a readable form?

Rep: (39)
I understand that under Linux apk manager can also be launched?

Gambit147 @ 11.01.2011, 18:35*
Writes: Adb Quote Not Found, You Cannot Copy / Install Applications To Your Phone. Press any key to continue. . .what is missing?

Right click on "My Computer" and select "Properties". On the "Advanced" tab, click on "Environment Variables", in the "System Variables" section, select the "Path" line and click the "Change" button. Add to the end of the line the full path to the platform-tools / directory, pre-separating it with a semicolon ";".
More hereAndroid virtual device on your PC

okvino @ 01/11/2011, 19:49*
I tried all the options with encoding - it's useless. Can someone convert it to a readable form?

New way to change applications (translation) (Post # 6124673)paragraph 1

ktattoo @ 11.01.2011, 21:05*
I understand that under Linux apk manager can also be launched?

yes, use google (in search: apk manager linux), or it can go like this

Post has been edited5 [Strogino] - 06.02.11, 00:52
Reason for editing: +1 from Gambit147

Rep: (8)
Good day!!! Help me please! Tell me what I'm doing wrong!
I tried to partially translate the program Elixir_1.2.3.apk translated part of the strings.xml file did everything as stated in the first post. After building into the arch file and installing it into the gadget, it turned out that nothing had changed, decompiling the signed arch file, found that the build folder was missing and there is nothing translated in the file (((what's the problem?: Hysterics:: hysterics:: hysterics:

1. add the values-ru folder to our parsed apk
2. compile and sign

On a virtual machine, it shows without krakozabr, that's only when I throw in the moding folder and click the 9th item, nothing happens.
P.S. I put the java on the link

God ..
okvino @ 01/12/2011, 20:03*
what is the problem ?

In your carelessness.
Rang3r @ 01/01/2011, 20:22*
the finished application is located at/ place-apk-here-for-modding / signedyour_application.apk

okvino @ 01/12/2011, 20:03*
On a virtual machine, it shows without krakozyabr, that's only when I throw in the moding-folder and click the 9th item, nothing happens. PS. I put the java on the link

Choose a project? (Paragraph 22)
If yes, then there may be a virtual machine problem.

To all:Please read carefully! Where is easier?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 31/08/20, 15:49