TV - Choosing TVs | Selection and comparison of models
Smart TV or box
Do you lack the functionality and capabilities of your built-in smart TV, or you're using, going to buy a TV box.
Yes, I completely lack the capacity and functionality of the built-in Smart TV [ 159 ] ** [32,78%]
Lacks features and functionality built-in smart TV, use or intend to buy a TV box [ 230 ] ** [47,42%]
I have not decided yet [ 96 ] ** [19,79%]
Total votes: 485

Rep: (2729)
Choosing a TV пїЅ | TV catalog onsavagemessiahzine.com | Choosing a TV for the Game Console пїЅ | Choosing an android media player пїЅ

• Read Forum Rulessavagemessiahzine.comandsection rulesRespect your and other people's time.
  • Please do not deviate from the topic and respect the interlocutors.
  • Photos and screenshots inserted into the message, remove under spoiler. Also, before publishing images, please read this topic .
  • Before asking your question, be sure to use the search on the topic.
  • We say "thank you" by raising the reputation of a particular participant. To do this, click on the button in the reputation of the one who helped you. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Important
Current
Good selection tests for the TV
TV Xiaomi
If you have a desire to buy a TV Xiaomi and you came in this topic to obtain the approval of his choice, for starters read the material that is presented below, if after that you still have this desire, then run to the store, if not ask in the theme, we recommend more decent options for this price.
Very informative post of full-length video examples
Mini review Xiaomi bought the TV from RC_Gremlin
Review of the 55-inch "intelligent" 4K LCD TV Xiaomi Mi LED TV 4S 55 "on Android TV
Mini review from phox
The whole essence of the TV xiaomi in a few lines from Andrei313
HDR
Selecting the TV small diagonal
Almost every day there is a branch about this question: advise the best, top-end TV diagonal of 43 inches. The situation is such that now the TV in the diagonal 49-50 inches to normal and the more high-end and do not produce in the store can choose any one you like, all of them on the image and characteristics are not and some sort of a top TV from Sony PCD 5-6 years old shows much better and there is a good 120 Hz. matrix decent brightness and contrast.
I advise you to use the distance table for different diagonals and permits optimum size and calculator tv depending on the distance and pay attention to from 49-50ti inch TVs.
Table of distances for different diagonals and permits.
Calculator tv optimal size depending on the distance
hdmi 2.1

User reviews
LG

Samsung

Hisense

Sony

Other

Useful from users

useful links
www.rtings.com.The best site for reviews of TVs, very thoroughly and tested to the smallest detail each model, unique to this resource is not even close, if this site has a review on the desired model of the TV, then you are lucky and you will know about this tv thoroughly everything and get a very objective and accurate assessment.
www.tvfindr.comA good website where you can find many TV tour, there is a convenient and visual comparison between the two models of different TV sets.
hdtvpolska.comPolish site with excellent and detailed reviews on TVs.

Poll results
Attached Image

K
Dear friends and colleagues, created the survey "Smart TV or TV-box" with the current theme if you need a TV-box or functional capabilities and built-in smart TV is completely missing, please its position on this issue show in the vote, thank you all for your participation

Cap during filling with interesting, informative and useful suggestions, one should fast (can express their opinions about acquisitions in the TV) that were previously in the subject, please contact thelichku, thank you in advance
Topics CuratorOrbitex

Post has been editedOrbitex - Yesterday 21:17
Reason for editing: review of the Sony KD65XH9096BR2 urukhai123

Rep: (327)
Stasman, the taste and color, as they say :) And also - it looks awesome in the dark when the screensaver of some colorful on the TV looms :)

Rep: (2)
I contacted Support Service toshiba about recording programs on TV
"I connected a hard disk to USB 2, initialized, launched a test that issued: recording - supported playback with a delay - supported. I turned on the DTV Cable TB I press the REC button on the remote I get the message:" The system is not ready. Wait a bit before performing this operation. "
Why? How do I record with one touch? "

Got a response
Not all digital content (specific channel / broadcast) can be recorded.
Regarding the availability of the record, you need to contact your provider.

The provider replied that there were no restrictions on their entry.

Ask again a question to toshiba support
"And what is the reason that none of the 120 channels of DTV Cable TB is
recorded by the TV?
I thought that one-click recording should record any signal on
TV DTV and ATV "

I get the answer
"Recording is possible only open, for stock, digital channels"

I didn’t understand what was the matter and how to still record the signal in hdd?

Rep: (327)
Primkray and what the provider will answer a similar question? Just curious if they would write a letter to tech support :)

Rep: (155)
How to determine which operating system on a TV with smart-tv?
What applications and where (except from the manufacturer) can I take?
in the Internet only on youtube or is it a la normal computer with a normal browser)?
What pitfalls can there be?

Rep: (300)
pretty informative topic, learned a lot of interestinghttp://habrahabr.ru/post/162743/read all three partstwo, three(as usual with comments)

Post has been edited404 not found - 22.12.12, 23:06

Rep: (0)
Hello!

There is a TV set with a resolution of 1366x768. I watch a 720p movie, a good picture, no complaints (especially if the bitrate is higher). Watching a 1080p movie - the picture is clearer. Inet fast and unlimited = on the weight of the movie do not care. However, I won't talk to anyone alive - everyone says to watch 720p, but they can’t explain WHY a little more than completely. That thought maybe you will interpret ....

It turns out the essence of what ...

• 720p - 1280x720
  • 1080p - 1920x1080

... and I have 1366x768, i.e. the picture will either increase to the desired resolution or decrease. In theory, if it decreases from 1920x1080 to 1366x768, then this will give some kind of additional detail. And if you increase it from 1280x720 (i.e., initially, some of the details are lost when converting), then this should blur the picture. So why advise the latter? I do not understand ..

What do you think?

Post has been editedzzzabc - 28.12.12, 13:10

Rep: (1045)
Video resolution is also not a very straightforward thing. 1920x1080 is the resolution of the brightness component, for the color component it is two times lower (because the eye is less sensitive to it), i.e. 960x540. This time.
Secondly - in 1080p, the bitrate is stupidly higher, which means the quality is somewhat higher.

Thus, when 1080p is reduced to 768p, the quality will be objectively slightly higher - the only question is whether it will be noticeable. Ideally, you should take a couple of rips of one film - and ask someone to start them so that you can make an unbiased comparison.
In any case, if 1080p video size doesn’t matter, then there is no reason not to download it ...

And if you consider the 1080i? This mode is also supported by the TV, but I could see 5-10 such films, no more. If you look at 1366x768 better than 720p and 1080p, can someone tell me how to transcode from 1080p into it?

He is no better. Even quite the contrary. 1080i - is interlaced. For example 24 video frames per second this will be 48 half-frames (i.e. frames with half the resolution than nominal. But it is not compressed twice frames and the even / odd lines of the frame) per second. Thus it is possible to store more smooth video, but at the cost of poorer quality. It is in this format broadcast TV channels (not for the sake of smoothness, and for other reasons), and sometimes even on disks vstechaetsya (and here even for the sake of compatibility).
The only thing where this is really good is in video cameras, because they can write honest smooth video. In other cases, it should be avoided as much as possible.

Rep: (139)
mgeee
Why smooth? During static scenes, maybe yes, although it is almost negligible. But in dynamic scenes the picture in two parts will tear up quite noticeably.

As far as I know, 1080i is satellite HD. More precisely its maximum. Even if the receiver can connect to 1080p TV, the video stream from this will not be progressive. I Tricolor does not even offer to choose something different from 1080i 50Hz, but I must say that this mode suits me perfectly - the picture is more alive and natural, perhaps (not only in programs, but also in movies). With what it can be connected? Interlaced mode?

but I must say that this mode suits me perfectly - the picture is more lively and natural for something (not only in programs, but also in films).

Better than what?

Komunikatoroed @ 12/28/2012, 16:11*
in dynamic scenes the picture in two parts will tear
I heard that this is subject to CRT. In addition, if the LCD resolution of the matrix is ​​less than 1920x1080 by at least a quarter, then there will not even be a hint of a comb. Not properly?

Komunikatoroed @ 12/28/2012, 16:24*
Better than what?

Better than those 720p or 1080p movies that I download and watch from torrents. It seems that satellite video has more frames. People are as alive even in black and white old movies.

Threat I do not understand much about it, just say what I see and feel subjectively))

I heard that this is subject to CRT.

Not only. While CRTs are more prone to this. In general, download 1080p - this is the most optimal choice.

Post has been editedKomunikatoroed - 28.12.12, 15:35

Komunikatoroed @ 12/28/2012, 16:11*
But in dynamic scenes the picture in two parts will tear up quite noticeably.
the comb will be only in one case - if for some reason not to do deinterlacing.

Zy Some programs on satellite TV actually come with real (in the sense of not received from progressive video with the usual frame rate) semi-frames — for example, sports of any kind. But in the movies - definitely not.

Post has been editedmgeee - 28.12.12, 16:23

Rep: (-1)
specially registered with in the forum for this, although many previously read the forum but mostly about dismantling hamsters about iOC and android. Well, is not the case, start from afar set in late November to your laptop vin8 pro accustomed to this axis and have already decided that it is time to think about a new form factor for homework, and then tired one year later throw out Soup because of no support on the part of manufacturers. So what I've got in terms of the future form factor, this tablet vin8 (still raw) is smart to vin8 (but do not put me to 2 gig of RAM will not buy) nonche have smart on android, really buggy device even scrolling not standing next to vin8 and the third device is a monitor / TV. That's decided to start with the last, and the rest albeit dopilivat. Therefore, the issue is ripe, it is better to buy a monitor to it and a bunch of devices or buy Net TV.
And what is more promising monitor or internet telly?
thank you for your responses
From TV sets, I opted for this model
http://www.sony.ua/product/tv-66-26-lcd/kdl-26ex553

Post has been editedsssss.ua - 04.01.13, 22:04

Rep: (37)
What to choose betweenSamsung UE-46ES6100W(46inch) andSamsung PS51E8000(51 inch), for viewing no more than 3 meters from the TV!

Post has been editedSerDJ - 08.01.13, 19:37

Rep: (362)
SerDJ @ 01/08/2013, 20:36*
What to choose between Samsung UE-46ES6100W (46inch)

Samsung UE-46ES6100W (46inch)
I took two first 32d6510 to the nursery to this day I do not regret even the 2011 model, but all with it and no wires except the outlet. iptv by wifi .... beauty ... then I took 55d8000, although there were rumors that the matrices were bucked while tfu, tfu, tfu ....

Post has been editedCosta Riki - 10.01.13, 19:18

Rep: (1)
Generally I found in the forum of this section, or close to it, because right now, smart tv television developers develop, but very sluggish, third-party developers do not take up the applications for smart tv. Really want the application vkontakte analogue androydovskogo I am ready even to buy it, facebook already. Generally The Samsung Store have a bunch of free g * BHA. For example I think yes, and many others are willing to pay for normal applications for the TV. Me as a Russian-language VKontakte user does not have this problem with all reshiloby video) also infuriates the embedded browser while I called tech support Samsung said that the parties do not have, can vdalneyshem can be used.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 09/09/20, 9:31