TV - Choosing TVs | Selection and comparison of models
Smart TV or box
Do you lack the functionality and capabilities of your built-in smart TV, or you're using, going to buy a TV box.
Yes, I completely lack the capacity and functionality of the built-in Smart TV [ 111 ] ** [35,24%]
Lacks features and functionality built-in smart TV, use or intend to buy a TV box [ 147 ] ** [46,67%]
I have not decided yet [ 57 ] ** [18,1%]
Total votes: 315

Rep: (2729)
Choosing a TV пїЅ | TV catalog onsavagemessiahzine.com | Choosing a TV for the Game Console пїЅ | Choosing an android media player пїЅ

• Read Forum Rulessavagemessiahzine.comandsection rulesRespect your and other people's time.
  • Please do not deviate from the topic and respect the interlocutors.
  • Photos and screenshots inserted into the message, remove under spoiler. Also, before publishing images, please read this topic .
  • Before asking your question, be sure to use the search on the topic.
  • We say "thank you" by raising the reputation of a particular participant. To do this, click on the button in the reputation of the one who helped you. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Important
Current
Good selection tests for the TV
TV Xiaomi
If you have a desire to buy a TV Xiaomi and you came in this topic to obtain the approval of his choice, for starters read the material that is presented below, if after that you still have this desire, then run to the store, if not ask in the theme, we recommend more decent options for this price.
Very informative post of full-length video examples
Mini review Xiaomi bought the TV from RC_Gremlin
Review of the 55-inch "intelligent" 4K LCD TV Xiaomi Mi LED TV 4S 55 "on Android TV
Mini review from phox
The whole essence of the TV xiaomi in a few lines from Andrei313
HDR
Selecting the TV small diagonal
Almost every day there is a branch about this question: advise the best, top-end TV diagonal of 43 inches. The situation is such that now the TV in the diagonal 49-50 inches to normal and the more high-end and do not produce in the store can choose any one you like, all of them on the image and characteristics are not and some sort of a top TV from Sony PCD 5-6 years old shows much better and there is a good 120 Hz. matrix decent brightness and contrast.
I advise you to use the distance table for different diagonals and permits optimum size and calculator tv depending on the distance and pay attention to from 49-50ti inch TVs.
Table of distances for different diagonals and permits.
Calculator tv optimal size depending on the distance
hdmi 2.1

User reviews
Review of LG OLED55C9 from XlorD59
Review of LG OLED55B9PLA from blame_kid
Review of LG OLED65E9PLA from fosg2018
Review of LG OLED55C9 from ninjari
Review of LG OLED 65B9 from Dimidroll4ik
Review of LG 60um7100 from Barceal
Review of LG OLED55C9 from dim-kos
Review of LG 24TL520S-PZ from ApostleR
Review of LG OLED 65B9 from EvilGrey
Review of LG OLED55C9 from bunfaot
Review of LG Oled65B9 from Artik6630
Review of LG OLED65C9 from Naitro_
Review of LG OLED55C9 by Simon
Review of LG 50UM7300PLB from SM88pda
Review of LG 60um7100 from starter52
Review of LG OLED 65b8slb from [mebius]
Review of LG 50UM7600 from ViP_wOoLf
Review of Samsung QE55Q80RAU by alex941
Review of Samsung 65Q70R and comparison with Samsung QE55Q70T from ksifon
Review of Samsung QE55Q70RAU from CoDydnb
Review of Samsung 65Q70R and comparison with Samsung UE65NU8000 from dbelov07
Review of Samsung UE50RU7400U from Step_Ace
Review of Samsung QE55Q60T from laron
Review of Samsung 65nu8000 from Karllson1990
Review of Samsung QE55Q70T from Zhekafly
Review of Samsung QE55Q70T from ksifon
Review of Samsung UE50RU7200 from hauff
Review of Samsung QE55Q70RAU from Antoha198310
Review of Samsung QE55Q70RAU from Proof23ru
Review of Samsung 55UE7400RU from Joedass
Review of Samsung QE55Q70RAU from aliserg
Review of Samsung QE55Q67RAU from Aplvrn
Review of Samsung 50ru7400 from acreed-spb1
Review of Samsung 65ru8000u from tipograf
Review of Samsung QE65Q80RAU from phox
Review of Hisense H65B7500 from Nikk666
Review of Hisense H55A6140 (7500) from XarhimagX
Review of Hisense 55q8600UWG from hotR1d3
Review of Hisense 55q8600UWG from beatusman
Review of Hisense 55q8600uwg from cerikOFF
Review of Hisense 65q8600uwg from rivard
Review of Hisense 55q8600uwg from otecpig
Review of Hisense H55A6140 (7500) from SonicWind
Review of Hisense H55B7500 (A6140) from ChronoPWR
Review of Hisense 55b7700UW from beatusman
Review of Hisense 50B7500 from GH0ST
Review of Hisense 50A6140 (V7500) by Evgeniy Filatov
Review of Hisense 55B7500 from Avari3v
Review of Hisense H75U9A from CAHEK_52PyC
Review of Sony KD-XF9005 from Ibo_nefig
Review of Sony KD-55XF9005 from EnemyJR
Review of Sony KDL-32WD752 from Lesnoy Kot
Review of Sony KD-65XF9005 from russia-lin
Review Toshiba 55u5865 from KuSa4iY
Review DEXP F40D7300C from ChronoPWR

Useful from users

useful links
www.rtings.com.The best site for reviews of TVs, very thoroughly and tested to the smallest detail each model, unique to this resource is not even close, if this site has a review on the desired model of the TV, then you are lucky and you will know about this tv thoroughly everything and get a very objective and accurate assessment.
www.tvfindr.comA good website where you can find many TV tour, there is a convenient and visual comparison between the two models of different TV sets.
hdtvpolska.comPolish site with excellent and detailed reviews on TVs.

Poll results
Attached Image

K
Dear friends and colleagues, created the survey "Smart TV or TV-box" with the current theme if you need a TV-box or functional capabilities and built-in smart TV is completely missing, please its position on this issue show in the vote, thank you all for your participation

Cap during filling with interesting, informative and useful suggestions, one should fast (can express their opinions about acquisitions in the TV) that were previously in the subject, please contact thelichku, thank you in advance
Topics CuratorOrbitex

Post has been editedOrbitex - 19.07.20, 22:00
Reason for editing: Review of Hisense H55A6140 (7500) from XarhimagX

Rep: (327)
VitFom @ 01/13/2011, 01:51*
What does Phillips read from USB?

Music playback formats: MP3, WMA version 2 to version 9.2, AAC
Video playback formats: Support for codecs :, H264 / MPEG-4 AVC, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV9 / VC1
Containers: AVI, MKV
It turns out 2 video formats, clamped by a bunch of different codecs.
And at the expense of the rest I have already answered in detail :)
Internet gadgets I absolutely do not understand. Why would they, when each service and without it has its own web interface? :) It's not convenient. Even though they have, in a sense to them one penny. At the expense of the remote, I absolutely do not understand :) Dual joystick, 4 buttons menu and figures it is difficult to make out? :) I even pictures on the remote never looked at using them, since without it everything is clear as day. Instruction, after unpacking, and left with a box in the entrance hall as unnecessary :) I have seen boards from other devices on which a million buttons like on a good receiver, and confidently declare that it is more convenient than mine I have not seen. Even my wife never asked where to click: D
At the expense of the size of the pictures - do not agree. I just tried to compress a large photo from a photo camera, lowering the resolution from 4000 to 3000 to 1920 by 1080, and setting the dpi value to one - it turned out one megabyte :) If you also consider that not all the frames differ so much from each other that you have to again the screen will be completely redrawn (codecs are needed for that), then even less will come out.

Okay ... then another discussion - I have to go))

Rep: (90)
URC matter of taste, you just need to get used to. Although LG47LX9500 (recently purchased my friend) implemented an interesting feature. Second small remote works on the principle of a laser pointer, just invisible. TV displays a small arrow as on the PC from the mouse, you drive this arrow on the screen using the remote-pointers and choose what you need. Conveniently in the browser. Well, that Phillips reads MKV - basic format for HD video on the web. Regarding applications. They are adapted to the TV. Without the hand-pointer uncomfortable in the browser, I know from PSP3. It's like an application for WM-- they are also adapted to the device - no one is not trying to use the PDA full of Windows. Regarding the conversion. Well done incorrectly you. It should be the same size image (1980h1080) decrease in the amount of at least five times. Those. 2.5 mb. to about 500 kb for the same size of 1920x1080 pixels. In addition, in the container (MKV, AVI, etc.), as compressed, but the TV is already decompressed (decoding and decompression just makes the player). Those. TV signal has to come to 25 frames (pictures count 1920x1080) per second, plus sound. Exactly. For who do not know the full HD 1080p BD on this pure 25 frames per second. That is why 1080 is compared with a BD movie theater - there is also 25 fps. Even if we take MKV to good quality, it is 13 - 16 GHB. By the way, as far as I can see, in this container is only possible five-channel sound, and seven-channel BD. Let him through USB. To view the USB to TV player, need to flow via USB only for video at least 30 MB / s, plus a five-channel audio in real time. Total we have 40-50 MB / s should enter into a USB port for viewing high-quality MKV to external media. If you are using an external player, the flow calculated in the previous post. That's why an HDMI cable (the more expensive it is, so it is thicker and heavier - copper). Attempts to use other connection provodochki resemble the powerful speakers via telephone sanbufera provodochki. Potentially possible, but sure, even in the car, for less powerful speakers, you use special audio from thick copper wire.

Post has been editedVitFom - 13.01.11, 19:31

With a laser is convenient - I agree. Unless from a hangover: russian:
But the photo all weighs one megabyte, not 2.5. If we talk about video in the stream - an online player written in flash, works at the expense of system resources, and not a remote server, otherwise the server would constantly hang from overload. It turns out that the data in the stream is compressed.
By the way - HDMI is a digit, and VGA - analog. Via HDMI, DVI both, which is still more common on computers, data stream comes in the form of ones with the toe (both encoding formats alone, only DVI sound can not be empty). VGA analogue of it as a sound through the headphones. Also depends on the signal strength, and not just from his presence. I recently connected a bunch of equipment in a class factory McDonald's. There on the receiver had to tie a bunch of sources and display it simultaneously on a large HD TV set and HD projector. The sound, of course, we connected a thick copper cable in transparent silicone. But the image is allowed and VGA and RGB and HDMI ... On the cable, connectors and adapters, it took us dofiga funds from the budget, because you were looking for cheaper solutions. Compared expensive and inexpensive HDMI laces 20 meters long. No difference. As far as I understand when you connect a digital line is not as important thickness of veins, their screen. So that the signal is not attenuated and distorted - lived to be well protected. There are, of course, the minimum allowable diameter of conductors in the cable, which depends, I think, atomic distance in the scheduled broadcast on cable signal, but it seems cheap and cables is sufficient. Particularly thick conductors are relevant only in the acoustics, because there they can be fed a decent load and cable resistance will not allow to shake the acoustics. The cable will be warm. I do not rule out that the thin cable can even burn.

ZY By the way - the old acoustics in McDonalds was made exactly on the telephone wires bolted to the scraps sticking out of the speakers :-D

Post has been editedBOJIKOJIAK - 13.01.11, 22:41

Rep: (90)
On this and McDonalds, but at home, even in the car, so do not do. Over the braid wires agree - it dampens noise. HDMI cable is easy to compare. I do know people have shown. Take two identical cable lengths and comparing the thickness and flexural strength. Good thicker and more difficult to bend. And then you compare just holding on weight - and a good way harder. This is natural, braid, plus thick copper wire. We must not forget that HDMI also transferred and seven-channel sound. Because they must be thick. This thing is better not to save money - take 1.4. According to the figure. Of course HDMI figure - zeroes and ones. But the photo of 2.5 megabytes 1920x1080 proposed for experimentation, also in a figure - edinichki and crosses. And how much she weighs in the figure, as in the figure and will pass through the cable. What is the flow for analog I do not know, it is difficult to calculate. I agree that online broadcasting is different. If the flash is on YouTube, there is no need to be a spice to notice the mediocre quality, even if the picture size of 1920x1080. The reason I have already indicated, in a flash (it is believed the same container, but rather, in contrast, the compression algorithm vidio with estesvenno with this distortion. Everyone knows that, for example, the music compression in MP3 degrades its quality, in comparison with CD (wma)) already compressed video with lower quality - otherwise I would not really be passed stream for online viewing. What can I say, stick in your player license BD HD 1080p, connecting it to the TV via HDMI, and compare with what is going online - do not need to be an expert to tell the difference. Actually on TV to watch high quality movies can only be downloaded them previously from internet. And then, if a good router is possible and through the media server, or that the reliability, via USB. And the best thing is omnivorous media player (China) with its hefty zheskie drive and HDMI outputs. Once it has downloaded and see, hear what you want, in any format.

By the way - about McDonald's - in vain :) The equipment they have at the factory :) Just, apparently, some idiot connected everything to us :)
Pro player Chinese agree. In the poppy there was a Blur Pioneer native - I didn’t read a bunch of discs because of the license ... And the rest is a tiring, too much conversation came out :) A lot hasn’t been sucked, but already tired :) It’s better to think about where I’m naming for tele :)

Rep: (433)
BOJIKOJIAK @ 01/14/2011, 00:36*
It is better to think - where I am stitching for TV :)

Kitchen somewhere to get and stir up the new ROM: secret:

Rep: (0)
There are people who do hacking telephoneshttp://www.neophob.com/2010/01/root-my-tv-...hilips-pfl9703/

Post has been editedandd2010 - 27.03.11, 19:11

Rep: (433)
Andd2010 @ 03/27/2011, 20:11*

So they added Flash or not? : D

} {uMuK, Nope :) I didn’t notice any differences at all in the last firmware update except, perhaps, the “other devices” icon in the main menu ...

Hello everyone, there was such a problem. I bought a TV SUPRA STV-LC46S990FL with an OS version on board 2.3.4. Is it possible to raise the firmware, and the second question is how to get ROOT rights to it? Thank you in advance.

An interesting topic, and can you tell me. I have a Philips PFL9705, in general, the problem is that when I watch movies from the built-in player, it does not always produce sound. Can you tell me what audio codecs a standard video player plays? I read on one site that it is possible because of the size of the 8-13Gb movie.

ViaVictus pancake. I personally have the codecs in the manual for the TV set, but where I can’t find it now, I guess ... Regarding the file sizes, I’m definitely not in the subject. I only once packed the Bluer disc into a container so that the built-in player could read - everything went smoothly for me. By the way, the file volume turned out more than 13 gigs.

Hello to all. Googled and found thisFirmware hack for Philips LCD TVspage. There, as I understood it, they laid out the image of the Philips file. Can anyone pick it up? ;)

Rep: (16)
It is better to massively screw on the forum. I have a 2012 telly, Opera Devices 3.2 platform on Linux, the browser is defined as Opera 11.60. According to the specifications of the Opera Device, the flash browser keeps calm, you just need to install a plugin from Adobe. Phillips for some reason do not want to flash the plugin: (

Post has been editedSimper - 20.08.12, 09:10

Rep: (2)
Zetrox_95 @ 05/26/2012, 20:24*
bought a TV SUPRA STV-LC46S990FL
I'm going to buy this TV model the other day. I wanted to know if there is news on alternative firmware? And did you manage to get a ROOT?

But in general, how is it used in your operation?
Thank.

Post has been editedShoore - 04.09.12, 18:20
Reason for editing: transfer from another topic

I bought a Supra STV-LC32S650WL TV, which is pretty good, although it has a resolution of 1366x768.
I will add some photos:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedShoore - 20.09.12, 20:39
Reason for editing: spoil (paragraph 3.1. The official language of the forum is Russian!)

Rep: (1)
Televisions with the Internet overtook computers in terms of sales!
It would not be bad to have a small review of models available on the market.
I found the topic only through a search - maybe it's worth highlighting on the forum separately?
In connection with some free time (the clavicle is broken) I can keep this topic. if the guru doesn't mind? : blush:
BOJIKOJIAK @ 01/10/2011, 01:14*
What is the decoder for the signal from the dish, or what kind of garbage?

Cam-modules coded TV - type "for adults" card options a lot. Heremore ...
BOJIKOJIAK @ 01/12/2011, 12:53*
rear speaker effect is negligible

I really do not agree. After the receiver burned out, the output to the rear speakers began to feel defective} -) with a full 5.1 sound, the movie is elegant to watch even on ordinary TV.
VitFom @ 01/12/2011, 20:01*
image smoothing technology TruMotion 200 Hz

"Generally, in order to reduce blurring of moving objects using a data interpolation method based on the creation of an additional frame after each original LG designers chose a different method:. In order to achieve a frequency of 200 Hz, the company LG technology called scanning backlight (Scanning Backlight), since it eliminates blurring effect. image quality is achieved at the expense of accurate scanning LED backlight, which is repeatedly turned on and off. This minimizes the effect of motion blur. Each pixel is displayed with a high definition, and the whole image becomes more natural. This it seems that what he saw on the screen the action takes place in the viewer's room. " ... and that just really cars go around the room? ;)
VitFom @ 01/13/2011, 00:51*
quality BD film, weighing more than 30 gbb ... normally you can not see

and not only BD. Especially for verification has been downloaded and stored on the player with a hard drive movie in MKV format over 32GB to watch without BD-player. In the sales center with the help of consultants, checked more than 10 TV with support for Internet broadcast and without. None could not play this video. Just one (already can not remember the model) showed the video and after a minute depending on the picture quality of the course at a level (even small hairs on the face of the actors could be seen at a distance of 5 meters from the camera). It is said that up to 12GB files like avi format, mkv as almost all models could handle. So it is too early to talk about the high quality image "in the flow"
BOJIKOJIAK @ 04/21/2011, 11:38*
The last update of the firmware in general almost did not notice the differences

Was it all the same - or how did you compare the firmware?

Post has been editedSavmiN - 10.10.12, 11:11
Reason for editing: inserting quotes

SavmiN @ 10.10.2012, 11:01*
CAM-modules CODED TV

With this, I have more than a year, as figured out :)
began to feel defective

Surround sound is felt only on oochen quality recording. In other cases, the sound from behind does not complement the general background, but interferes ... (IMHO) (I, by the way, also lost rear satellites. They were calculated a hundred watts, and I loaded them from the receiver under 150 :) Knocked out all non-polar Conder on the filters, and 5 of the 8 speakers in each satellite got burned)
and not just BD. Specially for testing, a movie in the MKV format with over 32GB was downloaded and saved on the hard disk player

My Phillips normally chewed a file of almost 18 gigs ... The picture is really awesome. Watching such a video, you regret that the resolution is only 1920x1080 ... Considering that I am sitting 2.5-3 meters from 50 inches, I could be more :)
Was it all the same - or how did you compare the firmware?

A clear affair ...
Now I can not flash my second Philips. (the device is notable, of the 9th series, but old. Without the Internet. LAN port is only for multimedia server.) This infection begins to sew, and as progress reaches the end, everything stops ... A lot of different flash drives tried everything what ...

Post has been editedBOJIKOJIAK - 10.10.12, 23:47

Rep: (1)
BOJIKOJIAK @ 10.10.2012, 23:45*
This infection begins to sew

It would not be bad to learn more about the update process itself - point by point;)

SavmiN, in the sense of? :) I download the update from the Phillips website, I upload it to the USB flash drive, I plug it into the device, select the update option, the process begins. Then I don’t remember well, because I haven’t tried it for a long time, it either ends, but after a reboot, the previous version remains, or it is reset. The bottom line is that the version is not updated ...

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 22/07/20, 22:22