Windows XP | [windowsos]

Rep: (1089)

Attached Image

Description
Windows xp (code name for development is Whistler; internal version is Windows NT 5.1) is the operating system of the Windows NT family of Microsoft Corporation. Is the development of Windows 2000 Professional. The name XP comes from the English. experience. This operating system is the most popular - at the end of August 2010 its share is 53.1%.
Unlike previous systems Windows 2000, which comes in both the server and the client versions, Windows XP is the only client system. Its analogue server is Windows Server 2003. Although Windows Server 2003 and is based on the same code as Windows XP, almost exclusively inherits its user interface side, Windows Server 2003 still uses a new and revised version of NT 5.2 kernel; appeared later Windows XP Professional x64 Edition had the same kernel as Windows Server 2003 and received the same security updates, so that you could talk about the fact that their development was "in parallel".
Release date - October 25, 2001. Support has been discontinued since April 14, 2009 (paid ended April 8, 2014).

Variants of issues
Windows XP was released in many versions:
Windows XP Professional Edition was designed for businesses and entrepreneurs and includes features such as remote access to a computer’s desktop, file encryption (using the Encrypting File System), central access control and support for multiprocessor systems.
Windows XP Home Edition - a system for home use. Available as an inexpensive “trimmed” version of the Professional Edition, but based on the same core.
Windows XP Tablet PC Edition is based on the Professional Edition and contains special applications optimized for stylus data entry on Tablet PCs. The most important feature is the understanding of texts written by hand and the adaptation of the graphical interface to the rotation of the display. This version is sold only with the corresponding computer.
Windows XP Media Center Edition is based on the Professional Edition and contains special multimedia applications. The computer is usually equipped with a TV card and a remote control (RC). The most important feature is the ability to connect to a TV and control a computer through the remote control thanks to a simplified Windows management system. This system also contains functions for receiving VHF radio.
Windows XP Embedded - is embedded component operating system on Windows XP Professional Edition-based and is designed for use in a variety of embedded systems: industrial automation systems, ATMs, medical devices, POS terminals, gaming machines, VoIP-components, etc. Windows XP Embedded.. It includes the incorporation of additional functions, including write protection filter (EWF and FBWF), loading a flash memory, CD-ROM, network use private system shell and m. p.
Windows Embedded for Point of Service is a specialized operating system based on Windows XP Embedded, configured for service points and optimized for retail and service industries. On the basis of this platform, you can create an ATM, payment terminal, gas station, cash register, etc. In addition, Windows Embedded for Point of Service includes POS for .NET technology for rapid development of trade applications and support for commercial peripheral equipment.
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition - a special 64-bit version designed for processors with AMD64 Opteron and Athlon 64 technology firms from AMD and processors with EM64T technology from the company Intel. This system does not support processors from other manufacturers, but also does not work with the Intel Itanium processor. Although the first 64-bit processors appeared in 2003, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition was published in April 2005. The main advantage of the system is fast work with big numbers (Long Integer and Double Float). Thus, this system is very effective, for example, when performing calculations using floating point numbers needed in areas such as the creation of special effects for films and three-dimensional animation, as well as the development of technical and scientific applications. This system supports mixed mode, that is, the simultaneous operation of 32-bit and 64-bit applications, but for that all drivers must be 64-bit version. This means that the majority of 32-bit applications can run in this system. The only exceptions are those applications that are heavily dependent on computer hardware, such as anti-virus software and the defragmenter.
Windows XP 64-bit Edition — This edition was designed specifically for workstations with an IA-64 architecture and Itanium microprocessors. This edition of Windows XP is no longer evolving since 2005, after HP stopped developing workstations with Itanium microprocessors. Support for this architecture remained in the server versions of the Windows operating system.
Windows XP Edition N is a system without Windows Media Player and other multimedia applications. These versions are created under pressure from the European Antimonopoly Commission, which demanded to “ease” Windows XP. Currently, this distribution is designed for developing countries. If desired, the user can download all missing applications from the Microsoft website for free. There is both in Home and Professional versions.
Windows XP Starter Edition - highly functionally limited version for developing countries and financially weak regions. This version can simultaneously work only 3 applications, and each application can create a maximum of 3 windows. The system is completely absent network functionality is not supported by a high resolution, and are not allowed to use more than 512 MB of RAM or a hard disk capacity of more than 120 GB. The system can run on Intel Celeron or AMD Duron level processors.
Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs - A stripped-down version of Microsoft Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 2 designed for legacy computers.

Post has been editedstp101 - 24.03.18, 18:53
Reason for editing: New cap author AndrewP_one

Rep: (60)
Trav1S01 @ 11.01.2012, 13:00*
Is it true that games and stuff will slow down less in xp than in the seven?

We can say that there is. On nyeshnem gland is no much difference. Furthermore XP does not support more than 4 gigov RAM.
The exception may be very old games that are on the seven may not run at all. (Although windows xp mode has not been canceled)
In addition, some new games on XP will not run at all - NFS The Run, Battlefied 3 and others.

Rep: (3)
Trav1S01 @ 11.01.2012, 13:00*

Is it true that before the sky was blue and the grass is blue? Of course not. Piggy now - old sad shit. But seven is much better.

Rep: (5)
Damn, namayalis - I can not cope with noutom. there is a bare laptop without OSes.
I tried to put XP as always with the disc. start loading the drivers went well, and then the blue screen of death and something about writing the screw - Check the type of virus or performance.
then I tried a bunch of bootable flash drives - could hardly have found a program that will see the screw and broke a couple of sections and formatnul under NTFS.
I put back the boot with XP - the same problem - blue screen !!
pliz HELP!

such a laptop
Dell Inspiron N5110 (N5110Hi2430D4C500BDSred)
More details:http://rozetka.com.ua/dell_inspiron_n5110_...bdsred/p180348/

Post has been editedAndrey108 - 16.01.12, 23:57

Rep: (32)
Hello Forum! Really need your help!
What is actually the case today brought me a new laptop but here's the rub! It is worth yubiniti! and I told her not never used and xs that do! help I need to put Windows. let people know what a link or instruktsyyu how to change! I plyusanu!

Post has been editedPecten - 30.03.12, 22:33
Reason for editing: Rules, pp 4.5

Rep: (2729)
snurk @ 30-03-2012, 12:08*
I need to put Windu
Windows XP FAQ
Windows 7 FAQ

Rep: (17)
Trav1S01 @ 30.03.2012, 14:03*

It's a little bit true. Although to be honest, about seven am not sure, but 8-ke MineCraft mod Porlal Gun when creating portals begins to slow down, and in XP (I have 2 systems) quietly works! It infuriates me!

Rep: (36)
WindowsXP SP3 Idimm Edition version 5.1
2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.100427-1650 assembly on a netbook.
Saver installed (tried different from the standard), 1min interval exhibited. A minute later the screen goes blank, the screen saver starts.But after 48sekund the screen lights up, as if touched the mouse or keyboard. A minute later (and I'm still not to touch anything) is triggered again and splash through 48sekund screen lights up. And so on to infinity. What could be the reason?
The Scheme of control supply should turn off the display after 5 min (network) and 1minute (battery). From running applications does not depend - I unloaded all user programs. Except, perhaps one - BlueSoleil 2.7.0.46, it restarts immediately as soon as I activate it OUTPUT (or nailed process via Task Manager).

Rep: (190)
who can give a reference to the distribution net windows xp without service pack or the first pack

The Th1ng @ 11.04.2012, 16:07*
a reference to the distribution net windows xp

Post has been editedShoore - 11.04.12, 16:02

Rep: (179)
Greetings. The theme of this ..
1) Many familiar phenomenon in CPU usage process 100% svchost.exe, (xp sp3 32bit) most of the tips tends to viruses. In my case, no virus was not there. The reason has been automatically updated, it does not disable option, because PC - part predpritiya. The problem was solved in the following way: the other (normal) PC copied the windows \ SoftwareDistribution the problematic computer there, esstestvenno with disabling auto-update service. Actually all, return all the services in place, restart your PC and problems with CPU-no. Perhaps the problem could also be solved by simply cleaning this directory.
2) NDA, and even on computers all worth Casper, your working station, the second version of our own policy server for all computers, and so it turns out that this same Casper yuzaet hard to neizmozheniya, although configured so that it is scanned only yusb carrier. We have as average normal PC, a student uchetki is included 2-4 minutes, after only possible for him to touch) It ACA cocktail (1 + 2) from the automatic update proizvolitelnosti accepting the whole CPU and Casper, which endlessly rotates the hard, computer use is not worth in this state)

Rep: (1161)
flabber-smile,
m ... What's the matter?

Rep: (938)
flabber-smile @ 12.04.2012, 13:48*
most of the Council is inclined to viruses

I had a 10-to such cases. It was to blame viruses.

Rep: (179)
tempico @ 12.04.2012, 19:00*
What is the question?

flabber-smile @ 12.04.2012, 18:48*
the other (normal) PC copied the windows \ SoftwareDistribution on the problem computer to the same ...

Why the update could not pass? Or how else can you call? Casper And still want to overcome, even though everything is decided at random

Rep: (16)
Advice on the bit xp.
Driver 32 will go on a 64-bit xn?
there are beechhttp://www.ogo1.ru/market/catalog/55242#allFirewood on xp therehttp://consumersupport.lenovo.com/ru/ru/Dr...%20XP&cid=0, Some written in 32 bits, no problems?

IndieOk, No, not suitable. There are in fact no accident when choosing other axes are requested to indicate the bit.

Rep: (103)
Small troubles. On WinXP does not want to put Microsoft Security Essentials. And I want to put it precisely. What to do?
Even archive does not want to unpack. Downloaded from loosely. All languages ​​have tried - does not go. Error immediately with question marks. And the Russian system. ZTEV90 netbook or something like that.

dushkin_alex and what is the error? I put much, everything is placed. Maybe you build with chopped functionality?

Rep: (1)
This problema.Ischezli Internet icons in files that are mapped to the type of HTML-dokument.Cherez folder properties, file types Change icon to another but it does not override menyaetsya.Esli type Icon poyavlyaetsya.S other companies took the key [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ htmlfile], replaced but icons and poyavilis.Kak not restore the icons?

Rep: (1)
tempico @ 9.5.2012, 18:22*
Annior
Hat would be honored .. to describe what system

Sorry forgot to point out. Windows XP SP3. Browser IExplorer others do not.

Rep: (1161)
Annior @ 09.05.2012, 20:47*
Sorry forgot to point out. Windows XP SP3. Browser IExplorer others do not.
So we have put mozilku :) You can put and carry. I remember more for the chrome this reg file .. like .. .. It is necessary to check for IE do not know .. If you do not help - will experiment .. The following registry file for 32 chops)
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ FirefoxHTML \ DefaultIcon]
@ = "\" C: \\ Program Files \\ Mozilla Firefox \\ firefox.exe \ ", 1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ FirefoxMHTML \ DefaultIcon]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ FirefoxURL \ DefaultIcon]

simptom,
The fact that they are full of holes - of course. Therefore, the browser does not needquackbuy. One more than others. Protection with third-party plug-ins (a la transformation into a tank) protects you from getting all sorts of scripts to start and use the holes in the browser. But it requires user intervention to the user including the brain. It's like antivirus for Windows. Only in semi-automatic mode. Anti-Virus protects against viruses as well as blocking browser scripts. Only addition to the lock is free. If you see that this supplement really helps you - you can throw developer denyuzhku coffee. I threw the developer Request Policy 2 euros. It allowed me to spend google ChUPP Chups lips and stop the leak. With Google Phone synchronization also drank.

Shoore,
In XP, no one on this question will not answer .. Today is a holiday, do not swear)

Post has been editedtempico - 09.05.12, 21:33

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 26/07/20, 15:58