Modding Acer Liquid | We discuss ways of modding eponymous machine.

Rep: (5)
Anding Liquid modding

We are discussing ways of modding the same device.

Today I pasted the lid with a carbon film: happy:
Here's what happened:
Attached ImageAttached Image

The rules of the topic;
- We share our photos, ways to change the appearance of the device, etc.
- All photos are hidden under the spoiler.
- Do not forget to thank the members of the forum by the rules of the forum:
5.1. If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
5.2. The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

Post has been editedfashionon - 25.11.13, 01:28
Reason for editing: Created a topic header.

Rep: (0)
Tape the entire phone, and I think it will turn out well;)
p.s in the title of the topic is a mistake. not aSer and aCer

Does the film have just the look of it, or does it have real carbon properties?

Post has been editedshavkunoff - 04.09.10, 18:21
Reason for editing: added text

shavkunoff @ 4.9.10, 18:17*
Tape the entire phone, and I think it will turn out well

I plan to do .... I also want to remember the conversational speaker grid on white, I think it will look
p.s in the title of the topic is a mistake. not ASer, but ACer

Yes, mistake, I noticed it later, I think they will fix it: blush:
Does the film have just the look of it, or does it have real carbon properties?

It may not have, but one thing I know for sure - It goes like a protective one, because machines are pasted over it;)

Post has been edited7xx7xx7 - 04.09.10, 18:37

I also decided to try pasting: rolleyes: thanks for the idea: happy:

shavkunoff @ 4.9.10, 19:02*
I decided to try it too

There will be questions address, I will help than I can;)

Rep: (143)
7xx7xx7 @ 4.9.10, 19:33*
It goes as a protective because they pasted her car

It will protect the smartphone from abrasions and accidental scratches, and only pasts and children of mountains are plastered to it to make it look cool. She does not protect the car.

P.S. It is very interesting to combine with the white back of the phone, but it would be cooler if it were dark gray.

Rep: (96)
plush salmon @ 4.9.10, 16:36*
and the cars she is pasted over are only destitute and children of the mountains to look cool. She does not protect the car.

come on? protects from chips and small stones

Rep: (58)
Hello

Some questions have arisen

How to cut?
Can I peel off if you do not like it?
Did not try to glue on the face, where is the white frame?

How does the film feel? (never took such a hand) :)

Rep: (121)
Two, this chip abruptly any covers will be

it in the car shop you need to buy? how much?

But you can’t tell where I took it. I wonder if you cut it out of the machine room or are selling something other than an iPhone and other phones.

Rep: (34)
Author - Respect, looks great. I would really like a guide - what kind of film I used, how I glued it, how I cut it.

Shaliuno @ 4.9.10, 22:43*
Can I peel off if you do not like it?

Yes you can, just do write that the shelf life of such a film is 9 years old)))
Did not try to glue on the face, where is the white frame?

Not yet, I think it will look like. Think worth it?
How does the film feel?

Feels like feeling all the patterns are nice
Joker_SE @ 5.9.10, 10:09*
what film used, how pasted, how to cut.

In general, I rummaged on an Internet, you can enter in any search engine (carbon film), but they sell rolls of meters per meter and costs about 410grn ((( There are a lot of scraps left), so if you take it better.
Glued like a regular self-adhesive film. Cut a rectangle with a small margin, pasted a large surface, and then cut out with scissors for the buttons, the camera, the speaker.In order for the film to normally lie on the bends, it must be heated with a hair dryer, then it will stretch well.
Added a couple of pictures
Attached Image

Post has been edited7xx7xx7 - 05.09.10, 12:48

7xx7xx7 @ 5.9.10, 13:36*
Not yet, I think it will look like

I think it's worth a try. In any case, it will be possible to tear off if you do not like it. at least the bottom of the back panel is exactly worth it.
I have a black liquid, I will not glue myself before.

I just can't find this film. I live in a small town, so we do not have this film in any auto parts. I will ask friends too<_<

I am certainly not an expert in the creation of instructions, but I did this:
The main thing is not to hurry, prepare a hairdryer, nail clippers with a sharp end and a nail file.
1) Remove the back cover and wipe it clean from all wickedness
2) Take a carbon film and cut a rectangle the size of which is slightly larger than the back cover (preferably with a margin). I took about 9 to 9, at the end of a little extra left ...
3) We peel off the film from the paper and lay it on the table with its face up, then gently press the top over the top slightly.
4) We take the whole thing in hand and begin to level the film on the lid, we see that there are no bubbles
5 Taper needs someone to hold a hair dryer, or you can insert it between you as I did it: rolleyes: Then, warm the place where the ledge is under the camera, level it with your fingers so that the film takes the same shape
6) Now in the same way (with the help of a hair dryer) we push the edges of the film over the cover as in the photo. I recommend to trim the excess, so that from the edge of the cover the film protrudes by 1.5-2mm. First, we roll with the top and bottom sides, then on the sides.
7) Now the most unpleasant thing is to shave the scissors and carefully cut out the space for the buttons (again leaving 1.5-2mm from the edge), and then we also bend the hair with a hair dryer. Similarly, we cut the hole under the camera (it is better not to bend under the cover strongly, as the camera may not creep in) and the speaker
8) Now we take and file off if something somewhere vpereet from within, so that the lid could sit down normally, also release the crepesh if you have sealed them.
9) Smile if everything turned out well: D

shavkunoff @ 5.9.10, 16:00*
I think it's worth a try

Just for this you need to remove this panel, therefore you will have to disassemble the bodies. the other day buy a screwdriver and try to do

Post has been edited7xx7xx7 - 05.09.10, 16:26

Rep: (58)
7xx7xx7 @ 5.9.10, 13:36*
Not yet, I think it will look like. Think worth it?

It is necessary to try, separately a piece of a lid with a film, where everything else is white - look a little non-cute :)

The question is of course with a guarantee on the phone, since I see that it turns out that the film should have a small indent in order to bend its edges under the cover. And it is already necessary to disassemble it all. I personally would not dare (my hands are crooked): blush:
And will the edge of the film over time, if it clings to the same case / pocket.

Shaliuno @ 5.9.10, 17:15*
The question of course with a guarantee on the phone

My phone is gray from America, there is no guarantee

Shaliuno @ 5.9.10, 17:15*
And will the edge of the film over time, if it clings to the same case / pocket.

If it is not okay to glue it

Where can I find information on disassembly (need to remove the bottom panel)?

But the lower part did not stick, somehow I did not like it. At first I wanted to cut the ACER logo in a film, but it didn’t work out too hard and everything went bad (((And so it’s super

Rep: (83)
Where can I get a carbon layer? : yes2:

Fykler @ 7.9.10, 13:02*
Where can I get a carbon layer?

Through the Internet 410grn if you need a lot, if a small piece, then it is better to contact the Fira where they do car wrapping .... I got 5 UAH for a piece of 10 on 10

Post has been edited7xx7xx7 - 07.09.10, 13:07

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 09/09/20, 05:40