Browsers - our boats in the ocean Online | Who prefers what?
Browsers
Who uses what?
Internet Explorer [ 39 ] ** [3,37%]
Opera [ 275 ] ** [23,79%]
Mozila firefox [ 255 ] ** [22,06%]
Apple safari [ 39 ] ** [3,37%]
Google Chrome (chromium) [ 447 ] ** [38,67%]
Other [ 120 ] ** [10,38%]
Total votes: 1156

Rep: (89)
Browsers - our boats in the ocean
Which browser is the best?

Attached Image

When answering the topic justify your answer. Otherwise, the message can be regarded as stuffing posts and deleted!

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 02.07.19, 12:50

Rep: (79)
Internet explorer taxis: D

Rep: (276)
Opera is a beautiful thing, convenient and fast, but there are glitches. Once I set fire to it on the theft of memory GIGA: D But usually no more than 100-150.

Rep: (378)
Marlene ,
I myself am worried about this topic. There is a BBCode extension for working with tags and some more was in the form of a panel with tags right in the Fox window, but I never brought it to my mind.

Added @ 15.03.2007, 17:35

Marlena @ 03/02/07 09:11:50
thanks to one of the themes I decided to try Fox

My topic: D

Added @ 15.03.2007, 17:37

Which browser to install IE7 or Firefox2.0?

Added @ 15.03.2007, 17:38

Marlena @ 03/02/07 09:11:50
I would fall asleep with crosses

: rolleyes:

Useful tips:

Tiny menuhttps://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1455/
Makes a menu bar (File-Edit -...) one button with a drop-down list. Significantly saves space in the toolbar at the top.

Auto copyhttps://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/383/
Copies the text selected with the mouse to the clipboard. Do not press Ctrl + C 100 times

Forecastfoxhttps://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/398/
Weather forecast with status bar.

GooglePreviewhttps://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/189/
When searching in Google, the results are displayed immediately with a reduced "screenshot" of the page. Conveniently. We immediately see what kind of resource: forum, page, blog, etc.

IETab has already been

MinimizeToTrayhttps://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2110/
Folds the fox from the bottom right corner, to the clock.

Stop-or-Reload Buttonhttps://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/313/
Combines two Stop and Update buttons into one. This gives an extra win in the free space in the panel for other buttons, and very convenient.

Tab Mix Plushttps://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1122/
All tab settings.

ErrorZilla Modhttps://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3336/
Replaces the standard page "Page not found" on the extended, with the buttons Retry This, Google Cache, Ping, Trace, Whois and a couple more.

Generally, the complete list of my extensions in the attack.

By the way, hereMy proposal for the development of 4pd (post # 572335)I offered to writefox to work with a forumsavagemessiahzine.com . If there are craftsmen, you can start the project. I myself did not play :)

Attached files

Attached file___________________ Firefox__default_.html(7.25 KB)

Rep: (418)
I’ve been to Firefox for a long time, and while I’m happy with it, among my extensions, among other things, the standard ones are:
- Extended Link Properties - allows you to find out in most cases such parameters as file size, date of last file change, file type by clicking the right button and selecting the "Properties" option. It's quite convenient if you are not sitting on a 2-megabyte anlim, and you want to see the file's parameters before downloading it, so that instead of a fresh guide in 100 kilos you can not download the pdf file for 8 meg two years ago

- Resizable Form Fields - allows you to change the size of the input fields, for example, on forums (like this for a quick response) by simply dragging the corner. Conveniently in many forums where the input field for an answer is so small that only a few sentences fit because allows you to see the entire answer without constantly flipping back and forth.

- Searchbar Autosizer - everything is simple: in the normal state, the search line in the upper right corner takes up minimal space, when typing a long query automatically increases to the left, taking away space from the address input line. Trifle, but nice, smart and not buggy.

- Super Drag & Go - everything is also simple: see the link on the page, catch it with the left mouse button and “throw” at any free space on the page (even if it is a few millimeters from the original link) - the page will open in a new tab, or if it’s an attachment on this forum, for example, the automatic download will start, which is logical.

- BBCode - constantly yuzayu forums. It contains both a standard set of tags, and the opportunity to define their own tags (eg, moderator capabilities, etc.). You can either select the text and apply the settings, or paste text from the clipboard, already "surrounded by" tags. It implemented in the form of another line in the dropdown on the right click menu knokpe. The only disadvantage - you can not specify more than one tag, for example, highlight the text and select the tick all necessary, ie need to highlight text, make text bold, then select the text - to change the color, etc., but now very much saving anyway.

- Mouse Gestures - adds gestures (rumored to be like in Opera: I won’t say for sure, because I demolished opera after 10 minutes of its use, forgive me, its fans). Allows you to specify actions on the movement of the mouse cursor when you click the right button, while there is the possibility of "drawing", i.e. on the screen you see the trajectory of the cursor. For example, down-right when you click the right mouse button closes the tab, etc. Also very convenient.

- AI Roboform - plug fox is considered to be a stretch, mentioned, because the adapter to it I also hang out in the list of extensions. Very convenient program for autocomplete page. Personally, I do not understand why even some of my friends do not use it, effect, apparently, conservatism and banal laziness, because those who have already used it to remain there forever :) Vkrate - the master password / data entry forms with card encryption and other amenities. Panel and then hang up button with action "fill", "fill in and send" which is why the process of password-protected travel sites turns into a real pleasure. ESA but all cards can be protected by a master password.

- QuickNote - just a convenient extension in the form of a notebook. When you press the Ctrl + F7 button on the screen quickly (which is important) a banal window with 1-4 tabs (adjustable) appears, where you just write down everything you need. Information is stored as plain text files. It is very convenient if you need to quickly make notes, copy a link, etc., while the advantage is for me personally the speed of opening / closing.

Well, my main chips are still extensions, but they are standard (a banner blocker, flash, Flashgot for interlacing downloaders, etc.), so it’s not very interesting to write about them.

Rep: (36)
I also load my fox with 20-30 extensions. These are standing right now. And this is not the limit ... as it was 51;)

Used extensions:
- Adblock plus- blocks advertising
- Alt-text for links- displays the address where the link leads in the tooltip
- Auto copy- as soon as I select the text with the mouse - it is already copied
- Conquery- select any text and send a request to Yandex, to Google or price-py, or lingvo about the translation
- Copy Link Name- copies link name
- CuteMenus - Crystal SVG- adds icons to all fox menus
- Disable Targets For Downloads- prevents the opening of a blank page when downloading any object
- Download Manager Tweak- fox download panel tweaker
- Download Statusbar- displays the status of downloads in the bottom panel
- DownThemAll!- can select all the necessary links to download from the page and put in the download
- Dr.Web anti-virus link checker- verification of the object to which is referenced by other web
- Enhanced history manager- improved promo history
- Extended link properties- displays additional information about the object being referenced, for example, size, etc.
- Flashblock- blocks flash on the page, but if you click on the desired flash drive, it will start
- IE View1.3.1 - allows you to open the current page in the donkey
- Lingvo OnLine!- translates the selected word using lingua
- Mozilla.ru ExtensionPack0.7 for Firefox 1.5-3.0 (20060409) - all these extensions are installed from this Mozilla.ru ExtensionPack. He lead more than 10 mb, emnip.
- MR Tech Local Install- extension manager, and they received this list
- NoScript- determines which sites can run scripts, and which do not. The very first extension that I put. After the Extension Pack, of course.
- Openbook- it’s much easier to manage with him
- Paste Quote- paste the copied text immediately BBcode'om quoting
- Plain Text to Link- links designed as plain text start to work as regular links
- Resize Search Box- you can increase the search window, then what is the top right
- Ru-Board Navigation- but comments
- Sothink SWF Catcher- pulling flash drives from the page
- Super DragAndGo- Drag & Drop both myIE and Maxthone
- Tabbrowser Extensions- the most difficult extension for me to configure, but you can customize any behavior bookmarks. It is not recommended to set with other bookmark managers.
- User Agent Switcher- substitution of information about what our browser
- wmlbrowser- view wap sites

All the extensions mentioned in the topic are in this pack. Plus they are Russified and designed for Russian-speaking resources. You can take them separately on Mozille.ru

Post has been editedbvz - 16.03.07, 14:34

Rep: (228)
bvz ,
I wonder, do you have time to eat a sandwich while your fox is loading?

I use 3! browsers, sometimes added 1 more.
Maxthon
Opera
IE7
sometimes I put firefox, about 10-15 plugins.

Ru-Board Navigation - but comments

In the absence of the best, so-so organized a quick navigation onsavagemessiahzine.comI created a folder in the bookmarks bar and stuffed everything there.
img-30755-savagemessiahzine.com.JPG:
Attached Image

Sloven
bvz
I wonder, do you have time to eat a sandwich while your fox is loading?

No, I do not have time :). Edit about: config, etc. allows you to customize the capabilities of the machine. For the lazy there isFiretune

Now how to check this utility helped or not.
1. Clear the browser cache. It is important!
2. Before optimization, go to the linkhttp://www.numion.com/stopwatch/and open some page.
3. The time spent on the full page load will be in the browser window. Remember or record this time.
4. Clean the cache again. Again, this is important!
5. Close the fox, launch FireTune, make a backup of the settings and optimize the d comp and the speed of the channel. There are options from:
fast comp / fast channel to slow comp / slow channel
6. Start the fox and repeat steps 2 and 3. Naturally, the page should be opened the same.
7. Compare the results.

8. Well, if it doesn't help: blink:, close the fox, launch FireTune and restore the backup.

Vasilich +1

Post has been editedbvz - 16.03.07, 15:43

Thanksbvz , we have
Firefox extension to navigate the forumsavagemessiahzine.com

: yahoo:

Marlena @ 03/15/07 11:33:29
... a related problem - it is impossible to select the desired text in IE, click on the tag and thus mark the text with a tag on both sides (it was written clumsily, but I hope they understood what I mean).
Is there a fix?

There is a BBCode extension. With him it becomes generally easier on any forum, as long as he supports BBcode. (take here _http://forum.mozilla-russia.org/viewtopic.php?id=2785). And you can not pay attention to how the response form in different forums. For example, I wrote something, selected it with the mouse and framed it with the right-click button in the right button.

Search pluginsavagemessiahzine.comfor firefox
bvz , once again senks :)

Rep: (41)
mdya .. just say that yuzayu MIIE (Maxthon) ...

Rep: (418)
There is a BBCode extension. With him it becomes generally easier on any forum, as long as he supports BBcode.

Moreover, I will say that it supports custom tags. Those. for moderators or if you have your own template of the type 5th bold red font, then this can be set without problems.

Rep: (96)
Now I am using a fox, I am slowly moving to Safari

Recently, I often observe the departure of an opera, so I decided to transfer to a fox. Now swear on the scroll wheel of the mouse. In the opera, when you click on it, the scrolling of the screen is very precisely regulated, it goes smoothly. Immediately complete anus with this ...

I do not know ... Opera only pleases me. :) I liked the new start page in version 9.20

Reduser , it suits me all except the departure. Several times a day. I'm tired.

Added @ 21.04.2007, 12:33

Fox is also not without glitches. Pumped up the latest version of plug-ins - half did not go.

JDima, 04.21.07 13:01:15
Reduser , it suits me all except the departure. Several times a day. I'm tired.

Strange. I have never been. Since ancient versions.

JDima ,
You did not like the fox :) I'm fine :)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 17/07/20, 12:57