> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Catalog of Android programs

Iridium Flare Forecast | Finding outbreaks of flight Iridium satellite project

Rep: (55)
Iridium flare forecast
Version: 2.4.2

Last update of the program in the header:20.11.2010

Attached ImageAttached Image

Russian interface: Not
Description:
Iridium Flare Forecast informs you about the iridium flares at your location (determined with the GPS or CellID).
An iridium flare is like a shooting star, but it is a satellite that reflects the light of the sun. Knowing the satellite position in the sky, we can easily and precisely determine when the flare will appear.

Iridium Flare Forecast displays information on outbreaks of the span of the project Iridium satellites in view of your location (determined by GPS or CellID).

Iridium flash - a bright flash reflected from the antenna sunlight satellite. More information onWikipedia

Changelog: http://awdisk.com/program/iridiumFlareFore...nfo_Version.txt
Homepage: http://awdisk.com/2010/04/android-app-irid...flare-forecast/
Cyrket: http://www.cyrket.com/p/android/com.awdisk.android.iridium/
Android Market: market: // search / q = pname:? com.awdisk.android.iridium
Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.a...android.iridium

Download:
Version 2.4.2: http: //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/dl/post/838210/com.awdisk.android.iridium.apk

Post has been editedcoder_ak - 24.02.11, 15:47

Rep: (88)
I understand that these flashes can be seen with the naked eye at night?

Sure. Fascinating spectacle. For a moment, barely discernible dot flashes a bright light.
Sometimes even in daylight can be seen a flash.

Rep: (1)
Che greedy? Lay AIC: sveta:

Rep: (15)
At first I thought that the nonsense, and honored on Wikipedia and interested. Found will probyvat.
Here apk who need.
Attached filecom.awdisk.android.iridium.apk(73.57 KB)

Rep: (38)
Yes, I saw a couple of times

Rep: (6)
The spectacular phenomenon. However, that would like to "Google Sky Map" could be looking for the next point by pointing to a patch of sky.

Rep: (0)
yes it would be a lot easier and I for some reason it only shows the daytime flares.

interesting prog, but I still do not understand ....: sveta:

_chumak_ And you check on its coordinates on the website heavens-above.com
In principle, the program takes the data and there. Maybe you do not fly at night satellites, can still that.

Posted 11-07-2010, 17:16:

Program update.
Version 2.3.2.
Added brightness of the display flashes on the list, bugfixes.

Rep: (35)
the program shows the time
but it is unclear in which direction the sky to look for?

the way in convenience store is also the program on the same subject Iridium Flares.
Judging by skrinanam it can also show the position of the satellites on the map.

coder_ak, on their coordinates and tested :)
anegine, tomorrow I will try to put it ...

Rep: (8)
I FC in the Motorola Milestone

anegine As it is not clear? There is written and the azimuth angle above the horizon, compass teeth and look.

That second not really no different except that the map depicts the trajectory of the satellite. The good of it is not much. Plus, the paid version can include reminders before the outbreak.

I wonder what makes the last button on ekrane program? penultimate-clear, it predicts, and the last ??

homag I think it does what it says - shows spans ISS.

Cheto I could not understand \ translate correctly. By the way, all who are interested, I yuzayu in conjunction with the program prog etoy ZP Dashboard, it will easier to find azimuth \ angles are in store, plus there is an opportunity to look "through" the camera. tonight will testit): sveta:

On the Samsung 5700 is not Spika program. The application is not installed.

Rep: (5)
Explain to confirm or disprove please:

Intensity: [mag] -6 - it is the brightness of the flash?
Alt.:20* - The angle from the horizon?
Azimuth: 282 * (WNW) - it's 282 degrees from north clockwise?
Distance to flare centre: 14.6 km (W) - this is unclear. What do you mean "distance to the center of the spike?"

I would like to see in 21:47:00. Just do not doganyayu where)))

Post has been editedJunkiedOK - 13.07.10, 20:03

Rep: (35)
JunkiedOK,

I think all it is, just do not understand what the intensity is measured and whether it is a lot of, for example, -6
alt azimuth and right. (WNW) - I think it is West-NorthWest - (west-northwest) - 280 * like in this direction

Rep: (5)
anegine @ 13.7.10, 20:37*
Only it is not clear what the intensity is measured and whether it is a lot of, for example, -6

wiki -"Iridium flash"
Some very bright flash - many reach magnitude -8, and some -9.5. Outbreaks of this brightness can be observed even in the daytime, but at night make the greatest impression. At the moment, the system of the satellite "Iridium" in moments of reflection of sunlight on the Earth - the brightest star-like objects in the sky.

JunkiedOK , Yes that's right. The truth here is with the angle is not very clear, now Refine astronomers. Distance to the center - is the distance to the point where the satellite passes, i.e. right at the zenith would be visible.
When you're looking to take into account that the time may not be quite right is shown. The program I wrote 2 zone, and in fact, given the summer time +3, respectively, minus one o'clock the program shows.

Posted 14-07-2010, 10:28:

homag Yes the same GPS status can display angle and compass. Although the angle is better on the eyes.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 24/10/20, 5:21