I can not update / install Tasker, what should I do?
- You are trying to update the Tasker version purchased directly from the developer (Direct-Purchase version) to Tasker 5.2 or higher. Since, starting with version 5.2, Tasker is distributed exclusively through the Google Play app store, such an update is impossible. Before installing, remove the program, after making a backup copy of their profiles. Few details - in the answers to the questionTasker (Post shahmatist2 # 74473831)
(the following two messages).
More information about the differences in the options and versions of the program - in the sectionwith version information
- You install the version of Tasker below4.5
and you donвЂ™t have the Google Maps Android API library in the firmware, i.e. com.google.android.maps.jar and com.google.android.maps.xml files. They can be found in this topic, using the search, or search in the firmware for your device. A couple of recipes: Tasker (Post pioneer2010 # 15274629)
and Tasker (Post coolkaas # 19016305)
How to import a project / profile / task / scene?
For importing, вЂњlong tapвЂќ is used on the headings of the tabs profiles, tasks, scenes, on the headings of the project tabs or on the tab with the icon вЂњhomeвЂќ (where everything that is not part of any project is located), the menu item is called Import. Files for import are in xml format and .prj.xml extensions (project), .prf.xml (profile), tsk.xml (task), .scn.tsk (scene). The project file already contains all the profiles, tasks and scenes of the project.
In addition to the XML format in Tasker, there is a Description format, written about it in10 FAQ
Do Tasker need root-rights (root)?
- Some Tasker actions require root-rights, some profiles laid out here, in the section MCI, require root-rights.
- Part of the action (e.g., action System Lock - lock device) need to Tasker scripting device administrator. Sometimes (for example, an event New Window), is required to Tasker service was included in the special features. Also (eg, for Notification events), it may be necessary to allow for Tasker was allowed access to the notification of third party applications. Several examples of such special settingsTasker (Post just @ man # 50495922)
- Part of the context and action require Specials System permissions kotorye impossible to issue through the regular application interface "Settings" Android. For example, Secure Setting action requires authorizationWRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
(examples and explanations
), The state of Media Button - permitsSET_MEDIA_KEY_LISTENER
, Event Logcat Entry - resolutionREAD_LOGS
, Volume Long Press Event - resolutionSET_VOLUME_KEY_LONG_PRESS_LISTENER
And to check running application services Application context requires permissionDUMP
- Action ADB Wifi allows you to execute commands in a shell session Android Debug Bridge (adb). The word "Wifi" to the name of the action only added to give a magical brightness to this trivial hack. Action ADB Wifi is completely analogous to Run Shell action, the only difference is that the shell itself is started within adb-session, not within Tasker. But because adb-session transactions carried out on behalf of the usershell
, The number of operations allowed higher than the influence of Run Shell. Of course, talk about the complete replacement of root-session and action Run Shell with the option Use Root is not necessary. To effect ADB Wifi to work, will have toto sweat
I cannot find half of the functions voiced in this topic in my version of Tasker, many functions are highlighted in red (unavailable), what am I doing wrong?
- Tasker manipulates a large set of contexts and actions to somehow streamline and distribute them, the interface uses a hierarchical structure, for example, the App category, the Go Home action. The same hierarchical structure is used for state and event contexts. Fortunately, it is not necessary to remember the categories for actions and contexts, the interface provides the Filter field, which greatly facilitates the search, seeTasker (Post by sergr59 # 40051612)
. In addition, a long tap is used throughout the interface (both on the elements and on the tabs), as well as dragging and holding. The interface is devoted to the sectionMain Screen
of.books. In tasker<5.6 the default mode was set for beginners (Beginner mode), in which some features were not available (interface elements), the mode could be disabled in the Tasker settings. (In versions 5.6+, this mode has been removed.)
- When discussing actions and contexts in a topic, the English interface of Tasker is usually used (see. Note to clause 3 of the rules of the topic). Perhaps, if you switch the interface language in the Tusker settings, all of the missing functions will suddenly appear.
- Most of the actions highlighted in red can be replaced by plug-ins, but, as a rule, root will be required. For example, for a long time, the GPS action was unavailable in Tasker; however, it could be replaced with GPS actions. Enabled / GPS Disabled plug-inSecure settings
. (Now there is a Location Mode action in Tasker, which allows you to indirectly control the GPS receiver.) You need to understand that after installing the plug-in, the action will not cease to be red, however, in the plug-in section, an action with the same functionality will appear.
- If you do not have root, you can sometimes solve the problem by issuing a special permit Tasker. Details are set out inFAQ 3
- In addition, especially for those who like to delve into the guts of the system, all sorts of recipes are discussed in the subject, allowing you to achieve the desired without installing plug-ins, through a direct appeal to the functions of Android. (Look in the "Little sports tricks" section,MAA
if you are interested in similar recipes. For example,MAX 10
- analog GPS action for Android 4.0+ and Location Mode for Android 5.0+,MAX 12
- Replacing the action of Mobile Data 2G / 3G. And the replacement action Mobile Data -MAX 4
andTasker (Post Primorsky78 # 37418838
Please do not ask in the thread when this or that action is returned to Tasker. He will never be returned. Use plugins.5.
I am asked to lay out the Run Log and / or logcat, what is it and how to get it?
See little sports tricks,Debugging Secrets
Is it possible with Tasker to create a separate application, apk?
Yes, it is possible. Plugin requiredTasker App Factory
. Instructions are in the section.App Creation
I have a mega idea, but IвЂ™m not going to study Tasker, but IвЂ™m ready to pay for its incarnation + $ 100,500 $, who should I contact?
It is better to refer to the topic.Custom programs
. Tasker topic price list ishere
at the end of the post, paragraph 3.8.
What makes Tasker different from other similar programs?
Usually, tasks in Tasker are solved much easier than in other programs. This is achieved through two concepts unique to Tusker: state and action-tuning. Without these concepts, most elementary problems either have no solution at all, or the solution turns out to be extremely difficult.
For example, consider the simplest task "Turn on silent mode at night (at a meeting)". Most planners offer the following solution:
event: night fell (meeting) ->enable silent mode
event: morning came (meeting ended) ->turn off silent mode
Stop! And why, in fact, "turn off"? And if you had to turn on silent mode before and you need to leave the device in this mode, eh? It is clear that you need to restore the previous value of the mode. Unfortunately, the vast majority of other planners are not able to do this. Tasker can. Here is the profile on Tasker:
condition: Night (meeting)
task: turn on silent mode
Everything. It seems that the profile is completely wrong? Where is the mode off? He is not. Tasker himself will restore the mode: if at nightfall (meeting) the mode was silent, Tasker would leave it silent, if the sound was turned on, Tasker would turn off the silent mode.
Those interested can try to make a similar profile in another program. In principle, the profile of this level can still be implemented on anything, but you have to sweat.
An example of a profile that can be implemented outside Tasker is almost impossible - the secondexample
in the message.
Details on the states, superposition of states and action-settings can be found inThe course of the young fighter
In addition, Tasker allows you to implement almost any idea, because it allows you to create your own user interface (scenes), allows you to communicate with Android directly and in its own language (Java Function action). True, almost always for the implementation of ideas is also required an understanding of the Android device.9.
With the help of Tasker, I managed to solve a problem that could save our Galaxy from destruction, how can I share the solution?
At present, the connection with the intergalactic congress has been lost, but we are ready to share your decision with humanity! For this you need:
- put your solution under the spoiler in TaskerвЂ™s Description format (see FAQ,question 10
- answer your questions on the profile, fix the errors found
- put the final decision under the spoiler in Tusker Description format.
You can also put an additional copy of the decision and in xml format and / or pictures if you want. Also, in addition allowed to spread links to TaskerNet. In other words, the format - Description iscompulsory
, other formats, including xml format, links to TaskerNet, pictures - desirable. 10.
What is Tasker's Description format? What should I do to get my projects, profiles, tasks, scenes in this format? What is the code that is found in almost every post on this topic?
Tasker's Description format is a text with a description of the program on the Tasker. It looks like this:
Task in Tasker's Description format
Battery Line Width (68)
A1: Test Element [Scene Name: Battery Bar Element: Background Test: Element Size Result In:% size]
A2: Variable Split [Name:% size Splitter: x Delete Base: On]
A3: Variable Set [Name:% size To:% size1 / 100 *% BATT Do Maths: On Append: Off]
A4: Element Position: Scene Name: Battery Bar Element: Background Orientation: All X: 0 Y: 0 Animation Time (MS): 100]
A5: Element Position: Scene Name: Battery Bar Element: Line Orientation: All X: 0 Y: 0 Animation Time (MS): 100]
A6: Element Size [Scene Name: Battery Bar Element: Background Orientation: All Width:% size1 Height: 3 Animation Time (MS): 100]
A7: Element Size [Scene Name: Battery Bar Element: Line Orientation: All Width:% Size: 2: Animation Time (MS): 100]
A8: Perform Task [Name: Battery Line Color Stop: Off Priority: 5 Parameter 1 (% par1): Parameter 2 (% par2): Return Value Variable:]
How to get your work in this format, the words explainshere
, and clearly -here
Detailed explanation in picturesTasker (Post by sergr59 # 47858893)
The menu item Data / Description / Write File will create a copy of all your current work (profiles, tasks, scenes) in the Description format in the Tasker / datadescr.txt file on the sd card. For Tasker versions<4.x A file in the Description format is created automatically during the backup and is called userbackup.xml.txt.
It is impossible to import the Description format into Tasker, it can only be created by hand by typing a profile according to the description. The xml format is intended for full import.
If you want to ask a question or share your ideas, then along with the Description format we recommend also indicating the Android version and the presence (absence) of root-rights.11.
Is it true that there are telepaths in this topic who can give a clear answer to an incompletely formulated question?
Unfortunately, our two telepaths disappeared without a trace, and the third went on vacation, but hasnвЂ™t returned until now (we still hope that he hasnвЂ™t gone and will definitely notify everyone when he returns)
All our telepaths were found and discoveredyour topic
! All questions are asking there!12.
Looking at the statistics of memory usage, I saw that Tasker occupied 100/50/20 MB of RAM. I think that is too much. Is it possible to somehow curb Tusker's appetites?
- (short answer) You can. Exit the profile editing window.
- (detailed answer) Tasker consists of two unequal parts:
- The Tasker application itself, which implements the functions of editing profiles and their debugging, contains a settings menu and on-line help, etc .;
- a service that monitors contexts and implements the queue of tasks and actions.
The first part really requires a significant amount of RAM to work. However, as soon as you finish editing your profiles and exit the application, only the service will remain from Tasker, which usually does not require a lot of memory. The exact figure depends on the contexts and actions you use, but rarely exceeds a couple of megabytes. The maximum allegedly observed volume is 10 MB.
In addition, you need to be aware that the figures drawn by Android for the first part of Tasker, show the average temperature in the hospital, the pressure at the North Pole, but not the actual amount of RAM occupied. To understand where these figures come from, I recommend carefully reading two notes by Dianne Hackborn, an Android developer well-known in narrow circles (And what is the last name, eh? No nickname is needed): answer to the questionHow to discover memory usage of my application in Android
andProcess Stats: Understanding How Your Uses RAM
Since Tasker is only an interlayer for Android functions, it shares memory with Android (due to the PSS metric used in Android for calculating the amount of RAM), and since Tasker is an interlayer for many functions, it shares memory with almost all Android. Hence the big numbers for the first part of Tusker: Android simply attributed half the amount of memory to Tusker.
At that moment, when only service remains from Tasker (and this is most of the time), only the necessary Android function profiles and tasks are used - the amount of memory used by Tasker is supposedly reduced. But we understand that in reality nothing has disappeared, itвЂ™s just that Android stopped attributing to Tusker its memory.
From all this we can draw the following conclusion: the PSS metric in the case of Tasker is not quite correct. Yes it is. However, an ideal metric does not exist in principle, and in the case of an overwhelming number of applications, using the PSS metric is a reasonable enough solution.13.
Looking at the statistics of power consumption, I was surprised to find that Tasker is constantly busy with something, he uses 90% / 50% / 10% of CPU time / battery. I think that is too much. Is it possible to somehow curb Tusker's appetites?
You can, think about what exactly your profiles do.
It should be clearly understood, Tasker itself does not occupy the processor, does not discharge the battery. This is all done by user-written profiles. The official manual has special sections.Power usage
andLocation Without Tears
(how successfully translated in due timev-oz
, "Positioning without hemorrhoids"), devoted to methods to reduce energy consumption. If you read them carefully, it will become clear that, for example, the Orientation or Proximity or Location contexts with GPS should not be used alone in profiles. If to you, of course, your battery is expensive. You must additionally specify contexts such as Time, Call, Variable Value, etc.
Sometimes users, after active experiments with Tasker and long debugging of tasks, forget to stop manually started tasks. As a result, the task is quietly spinning in a loop, and in the% TRUN variable it is not (since such tasks are often lazy to give names). And you can detect it only by turning on the debug log in Tasker.
From here council: always stop queue of performance of tasks after experiments.14.
My Tasker does not see root, what should I do?
, translationsTasker (Post Nukri # 52499605)
andTasker (Post axbat # 52501154)
(equivalent, read any choice),practical recipe
On my Android, Tasker does not work reliably: it does not activate contexts, it skips actions. What to do?
- Possible solutions for Android 5.0+ contained in of.FAQWhy does not Tasker work in the background on my device?
. Android 5 - 7 relevantTransfer the contents of the old
partition Android System Power Management of.rukovodstva. Some manufacturers plaid such things previously, e.g.,Tasker (Post by sergr59 # 38359613)
. MIUI users will have to tinker further, for example,Tasker (Post earth77 # 55617867)
(Problems of modern versions of MIUI outlined in of.FAQ). If you think that was read of.FAQ to the holes, then you need to read it again.
- You want to enable location services, see.Tasker (Post Demon72 # 59472287)
+ For the correct operation of context and variable WIFI Near% WIFII (when not connected to the WIFI access point) on android 6.0+;
+ For correct operation context WIFI Connected to specify the MAC and SSID or variable% WIFII (when connected to a WIFI access point) on android 9.0+ (and for some devices - from Android 8.1);
+ To work correctly context Cell Near and variable% CELLID on Android 8.0+.Comment
: Tasker should also have the right of access to the location the and androids 10+ this access must be provided constantly.
- If the profiles use plugins, all recommended above, you need to apply to the plugins too.16.
Due to Tasker on line states (and the lock screen) displayed alarm icon. Why is it necessary? Can I remove it?
Time required by the context and action Wait (see. FAQ 15) to work correctly. The appearance of an alarm icon is determined by the option Use Reliable Alarms (which, since Tasker 5.7, also has Always default). Disable icons in the status bar can effect Status Bar Icons. It is not recommended to change the value of the option Use Reliable Alarms, even if it seems to you that you do not need it. Believe me, Tasker knows better than you, you need it or not. Details about the -Tasker (Post by username11 # 85007795)