How to delete a single google account without resetting all settings | How to delete a single google account without resetting all settings

Rep: (4115)
All known methods.
Please do not REPLAYdescription of these methods
anddo not litter the subjectmessages "works."

Hard methods,
after them you will lose ALL your personal data and applications installed by you on the device.
So what is advised to dopreliminary backup.

1. Reset to factory settings.
2. Flashing

In this topicNOT CONSIDERED specific ways reset to factory settings
or flashing this or that device.
Refer to the topics dedicated to your devices and firmware in the sections:
Android - Devices
Android - Firmware

"Soft" methods,
but not always work.

3. Delete account through settings (does not work on all devices and firmware).
_faber_ @ 06/05/2010, 12:58*
In 2.1, go to the section "Accounts & Sync" (I don’t know Russian), go to an existing Google account and at the bottom there is a button "Remove account".

4. Delete by deleting the data of Google services (does not work on all devices and firmware).
SergeyKamko @ 06/04/2010, 17:54*
Settings (Settings) ->Applications (Applications) ->Application Management (Manage applications) ->"Google Apps (Google Apps)", click Clear data.

5. Delete accounts.db file (does not work on all devices and firmwares) (ROOT rights are required).
1. install z4root (Getting root in one click) to get root to your device (or use other ways to get root-rights).
2. Install Root Explorer
3. find in the directory / data / system / file and accounts.db delete it;
4. Restart the PDA and there will be no Google account;
5. Create a new one or write an existing one.

falcon92 @ 05/20/2013, 01:02*
on CM10 (4+) accounts.db firmware is in / data / system / users / 0 /

Please do not REPLAYdescription of these methods
anddo not litter the subjectmessages "works."

Post has been editedGridzilla - 20.05.13, 06:26
Reason for editing: NEW

Rep: (1)
Hello!
Can you please tell me if I can delete an account in the synchronization settings with Google without resetting all the phone settings?

Thank you in advance!

Rep: (1328)
SergeyKamko,
FAQ watched?

Rep: (1)
Looked there advise:

Go to Settings ->Applications (Applications) ->Application Management (Manage applications) ->"Google Apps (Google Apps)", click Clear data.

This is for what android, I have 2.1 so there is "Clear cache", "Reset settings", "Forcibly stop"

"Clear data" - no

In 2.1, go to the section "Accounts & Sync" (I don’t know Russian), go to an existing Google account and at the bottom there is a button "Remove account".

Rep: (0)
In 2.1, go to the section "Accounts & Sync" (I don’t know Russian), go to the existing Google account and at the bottom of the button "Remove account"

A window will open in which it is said that this account is required by some applications and can be deleted only by resetting the phone to factory default values. Otherwise, apparently neither.
PS: the FAQ says how to change the account. Tried - did not work.

aZzz.bZzz,
How to remove to versions 2.x, see the FAQ on Android. It worked for me.

And if you add a new one, and then delete it first?

The first one does not allow deletion, but the second one - please, deleting the personal data of this account accordingly. Apparently, android uses the first account as the default account, and all subsequent ones can be added and deleted as much as necessary.
Ps. The difference in synchronization is only in the fact that the calendar is synchronized in the first one.
Pss. Tried to add a newly added account calendar to the calendar - it does not.

Rep: (1062)
_Woland_ @ 7.6.10, 3:29*
asking if I really want to delete my account
and I had no such question. There was only a message with a button OK.
The message said about a full reset to the factory settings))

Rep: (3)
To me, this issue is also of interest here in what occasion. Following the recent official update phone software (and perhaps for other reasons, but it is unlikely) stop sending photos from gallery on Picasa. Once you choose to send Picasa, called Connection Wizard Google account, bud did not see it. Although the account is set up, sync, etc. On YouTube, all mail sent to safely, see the account. Before the upgrade everything works like clockwork. But even if you try to connect a master Google Account-connect existing account or create a new one, it does not go nifiga master thinks and then says error: the body does not support the transfer of data or so (!).
So it turns out that you should probably disconnect your account and reconnect. What if the master does not earn then ...
Or somehow you can solve the above described troubles?

Post has been editedDimonira - 20.09.10, 22:44

In general, I will share the "experience". Resetting to the factory settings did not help, or rather, it helped, but the firmware started to fail (JM7). I rebooted and everything became as it should.
To summarize: it is easier to reflash right away.

How to change Google account?
Go to Settings (Settings) ->Applications (Applications) ->Application Management (Manage applications) ->"Google Apps (Google Apps)", click Clear data.

I have a Motorola Mylston, Android 2.1, there are no Google services in the application management, only those applications that I installed myself.

Question: How can I change my Google account without a hard reset?

I found Google services :) But the "Clear data" button is missing, there is a "Clear Cache" button and it is inactive :( What to do ???

Post has been editedFlyDIMMear - 24.09.10, 19:35

Rep: (32)
Google Apps (Google Apps) ", I’m not watching Clear data on HTC Desire 2.2. I also want to change my account. I’m suggesting going to the" Settings "section -" Privacy Policy ", but not in the new firmware. Ask for factory settings !!!! I can't go for it!

Deleted account via the Internet. I thought at the entrance to the market will request to choose a new account - nifiga. the account remains the same, only he thinks that my password has changed and asks to enter a new one. to delete the account in the phone, it still asks to reset everything to the factory settings. Tell me the phone book will be saved (recorded at the moment in the phone, not on the SIM)?

Rep: (234)
PsyBoy, reset to factory settings destroys all user data, including the phone book. So use backup tools.

pliz tell me then the software for backup (well, of course only contacts)

because, if I understand correctly, backing up the entire system and rewriting it back will be the same effect

Post has been editedPsyboy - 22.10.10, 09:25

Rep: (234)
PsyBoy @ 10/22/2010 10:18 AM*
because, if I understand correctly, backing up the entire system and rewriting it back will be the same effect

That you understand correctly :-)
vCardIO- The easiest option.
See more functional options.here(section "Data Backup").

what finally happened:
I saved the list of contacts (as I thought), but I cannot restore it after resetting the settings. It turned out the program recorded only one contact (me, ie, my card in the contact list). I had to re-enter the entire phone book, but I really needed to change my account - it was inconvenient for them to do it ..

HOW .. I said everything!

Rep: (600)
and I don't want to delete the additional account either. Added for Picasso and for payments in the Market. Not one software is not installed under this account ...

Rep: (2)
Googled solution that works (HTC Tattoo)
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Goog...cc2f0&hl=en

Enter your Google login (without @ gmail.com), and instead of the password - enter null
profit or null

Post has been edited@pad - 24.02.11, 16:21

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 28/09/20, 10:22