Android internet traffic leak
Do you have a traffic leak?
Do you have a traffic leak?
yes, there is a constant [ 2303 ] ** [44,27%]
Yes, there are sometimes, and it is not clear what traffic is eating [ 1614 ] ** [31,03%]
No, after disabling auto sync and auto-update in software [ 187 ] ** [3,59%]
No, after using DroidWall [ 195 ] ** [3,75%]
no, initially [ 309 ] ** [5,94%]
No, if the Internet is disabled in the settings or in the widget, but when enabled, there is a leak [ 594 ] ** [11,42%]
Total votes: 5202

Rep: (33)
Everything is good in android for me, except for this problem. Since I am often in international roaming, for me it is just a disaster. So I use WM for now, but I really want to switch to android.
As I understand it, there is only one program that restricts access to selected programs on the Internet.DroidWall, but firstly it requires root rights, and to go under the root to the Internet is quite dangerous, as far as I remember from Linux. Ktomuzhe it does not work on many devices, and requires a flashing to the one in which there is a necessary library. for example, on the most interesting devices, such as desire or nexus one, it does not work.

I learned about the leakage problem a long time ago.this news
and even started a topicherebut to no avail. And as far as I understand, the problem has not been solved for all the past time, or am I mistaken?

Is it possible to find a solution to sit on gprs, for example, in icq, and not leak traffic from other applications or from wasps itself?

And it is strange that if the problem is not solved, why is it not being actively discussed?

--------
PS Added a poll, can it help to determine the magnitude of the problem

Android hosts file: block unwanted Internet downloads
Accelerate and Optimize the Internet Connection

General Tips for Solving Leaks

Post has been editedRu4kin - 16.07.18, 16:52

Rep: (573)
dimettry @ 4.6.10, 10:09*
Is it possible to find a solution to sit on gprs, for example, in icq, and not leak traffic from other applications or from wasps itself?

Disable autosync and auto-update in the software.
and to go under the root in the Internet is quite dangerous, as far as I remember on Linux

This absolutely does not apply to mobile devices yet.
Everything is good in android for me, except for this problem. Since I often go to international roaming

Well, turn off the Internet in roaming, in the network settings there is a corresponding check mark.

I have led the blindthis link

There it is just said about the leak that it occurs despite the switching off of the roaming mode, data synchronization, and the use of 3G networks.

To Ktomuzha I do not want to give up the Internet in roaming, I just don’t want to pay for extra traffic.

Rep: (16)
I put the APNdroid program on my own, it forcibly changes apn so that the communicator cannot connect. You pull out the widget on your desktop, it has two states - On / Off and you decide for yourself whether to allow access to the Internet or not.

Rep: (82)
I do not know how anyone, but I have an option on my phone - turn off traffic. You put a daw and everything, silence. No droid and apndroid are needed.

Auxx @ 4.6.10, 12:02*
I have an option on my phone - turn off traffic

I have no such option, besides, APNdroid eliminates the need to constantly climb into the settings. I usually chop off the Internet before boarding the subway, and then turn it back on. Otherwise, the android at each station, having caught the network, is breaking somewhere, downloading a couple of bytes, and the rounding threshold at Beeline is 50 kb, it seems. Money is flowing slowly but surely.

Rep: (40)
And I flashed my spik for OS 2.1 (with JE1 firmware), after that APNdroid does not disable the Internet. With the version of android 1.5, everything worked stably. Now I use the Toggle Widget widget. Put a shortcut on the desktop and everything, you can turn on and off the Internet. Highly recommend. ;)

Rep: (161)
Also there is a jackdaw (And widget) Internet shutdown. I put and not one byte does not flow. And so on the day goes an average of 3mb.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedAlex93 - 04.06.10, 12:37

Guys, I probably can not put the question. But the main thing is not to chop off the Internet in general, but to chop off excess traffic.

for example, if you sit in icq for 4 hours, plus the mail is updated once every half hour, then if there is extra traffic, then you pay dofig, then there is no point in such a communicator, because with wm you pay a penny for it.
Can it be that nobody is sitting on ICQ on an android

Rep: (22)
What is the point of buying a device sharpened by a network and get a grip on traffic?

toSancheZ86 I completely disagree, precisely because of the fact that he is "imprisoned for the network," he should not eat too much loot.

If you are sitting somewhere in Cuba, and you are waiting for the necessary documentation by mail, then each kilobyte costs so much that it is no longer a redo

Rep: (97)
dimettry
I do not understand you. Have you purchased this device were even aware that the Internet it needs as well as you need air? But when I acquired, I knew that it will have to pay extra money out of your pocket. Now I'm hooked to their 3G NL Spica and satisfied. Yes, I pay for it in addition to 600 rubles a month, but I went for it consciously. But always I have at any time access to the network, and issues such as: what and why he himself where that goes, I'm not interested at all. I even like that he lives his life. And when you go in roaming, the use of a virtual machine, which is the problem? You need to begin to decide what you want for yourself. I also work in the different regions where roaming is activated. The operator can find the optimal tariffs that will be beneficial to you, or at least where you are staying in roaming, you can purchase a local SIM. And delve into the system, to search for methods to pull the plug your Android, I think it's funny, it is easier to sell and you remain happy with VM or Simba! Than do not want to offend you, but just for me, it's utter nonsense!

dimettry @ 4.6.10, 15:45*
ktomuzhe if you sit somewhere in cuba

... then you buy a sim card from a local operator! And you call via Skype. In my opinion, you need to do so if you want to save.

Of course the conversation has already gone in oftop. ksozhaleniyu nevsegda Mesnil Sim is output. In Cuba, for example, a foreigner can not buy a sim card. and the price of a minute in the other country is there such that our roaming cheaper. In India though cheaper communications but not to buy a sim card in Goa is quite problematic and podkklyuchit gprs more difficulty though gprs Unlimited monthly costs 160rubley ours. if you go for a week or 3-4 days does not make sense to spend 2 of them to connect to the network impurity. There are certainly normal countries such as Thailand, where the NL for 900 rubles per month, and all activated at purchase, but there are very few countries.

The problem with expensive routing is that I am ready to pay for icq and mail, say 300 rubles per week (considering rounding up the session and its price) but 1300 rubles are not ready

I do not know how anyone, but in my eidle, traffic is eaten only by Seesmic (Twitter client, auto-update is worth, you can disable) and system services (which are also quietly disconnected with one button).

In any case, I bought a device for active use of the Internet, I do not mind the traffic. I watch YouTube in transport and listen to last.fm. Do you have an expensive fare? Change operator nafig. Google phones as well as all Google are online things. You either have an Internet connection 24 hours a day, or you do not have a Google phone. If you use the Internet only at home via WiFi, is it not smarter to use a laptop, and take the Nokia 1100 with your phone? Save money

Rep: (5)
Join the dimmetry.
Except exhortations to the question, so no one answered.
Answers reminded the old joke:
"-Armenians are better than Georgians!
- The better?
- What Georgians! "
AUXX
You did not ask for advice on where and how to use the Internet, I think the author of the post somehow and he will figure it out. By the way, Nokia1100 with non-unique IMEI is also very useful.

So I repeat the question: is it possible to allow AndroidInternet access for selected applications onlywhile simultaneously blocking it for everything else (for example, weather and news) on a non-unarmed device?

Rep: (1316)
rorya @ 5.6.10, 12:28*
So, I repeat the question: is it possible in Android to allow access to the Internet only to selected applications, at the same time blocking it for everything else (for example, weather and news) on an unpowered device?

Not.

Rep: (168)
Too great strain. Not that I was sorry for the money, I do not go in business trips abroad, simply as something unpleasant after Windows. After each call he somewhere something transmits and receives, to and fro 3-4 kb per day accumulates on two feet - meters with an hour and a half talking. Applications everything trying to climb into the network, well, why financial prog access to the Internet, and writes the installation, which requires unrestricted access to the network, an Internet Corgi srodu was not interested, but the money can be considered good :)
Chopping off the entire Internet is not a hunt, I always have to synchronize Google services, plus ICQ. I perfectly understand the author of the topic, I want to, like on the old Windows, launch ICQ, it means that in the Internet only ICQ, but they do not even quietly crash with a dozen prog.

Rep: (1316)
Equador @ 8.6.10, 23:53*
Well, why financial prog Internet access

Any program, if it has advertising, requires access to the Internet. This is an option. Simply, many free softwares have an ad unit in the appendage.

Equador @ 8.6.10, 22:53*
I perfectly understand the author of the topic, I want to, like on the old Windows, launch ICQ, it means that in the Internet only ICQ, but they do not even quietly crash with a dozen prog.

Quietly nothing breaks anywhere.

Rep: (12)
Maybe not quite quietly, but noticed correctly, the majority of free software starts to drive ads. That would be a softphone, which would release only the specified applications to the Internet, and the rest would be chopped, bought. I, frankly, is also being pissed off when I poked at the audiovidget, changed some volume, and at that moment the ad was downloaded. Op, just like a couple of kB, op - rounded. And so the whole day ...

Shl
It is necessary by the way in the direction of unlimited traffic to look ...

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 26/09/19, 16:56