> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung GT-I9000 Galaxy S - Discussion (archive) | Galaxy s

Rep: (1319)
DiscussionSamsung GT-I9000 Galaxy S(archive)
Attached ImageSamsung GT-i9000 Galaxy S
Description | Discussion | Discussion Captivate / Vibrant пїЅ | F.A.Q. | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware review пїЅ | Firmware, root 2.1 пїЅ | Firmware, root 2.2 пїЅ | Firmware, root 2.3 пїЅ | Modified firmware 2.2, 2.2.1, 2.3 пїЅ | Jewelery and Modification Software пїЅ | Acceleration пїЅ | All about Samsung KIES пїЅ | GPS пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Battery Optimization пїЅ | Recommended programs | All about the three-button mode [3KR] | Community owners (club) пїЅ | Discussion of the drawbacks пїЅ

If you are new to the forum, MUST read:10 commandments novice | How to make the forum convenient and useful | F.A.Q. by samsung gt-i9000 | Android OS FAQ | Glossary

1. Before asking a question, use the buttonFind in this threadOn the right, just above this sentence. Instead of part of the word, you can enter*, eg* Batar *
2. The following questions are discussed ONLY in the specified sections / topics. From here, such messages are deleted without warning:
Programs | Games | Selection and Comparison | How much memory is in your machine? | Benchmark, Performance | Non-original batteries and chargers

3. Be mutually polite! Say "Thank you"reputation enhancement.If you do not have 15 more useful posts, ask the moderators to raise their reputation by clicking the Complaint button, under the message of the one who helped you.

Important
Spoiler updated regularly
• Attention!! For safe actions on the phone - firmware, root, removal of system files, installation of decorators and etc., is necessaryworking three-button mode . What is it, what is it for, what to check BEFORE BUYING? HERE

• All questions about Android 2.2 firmware for Russia look here: Firmware, root 2.2 .

• Poll Are you satisfied with the Samsung Galaxy S?

• Discussion of which device is better and faster, as well as messages like my GHS slows down, but I don’t, and prove, and so on. as well as complaints like eeh, but the Designer HD will definitely be better, or which curvature these C programmers are considered oftop / flood and are deleted without warning. There are branches of comparison, Meat grinder and TP. The most active will be encouraged by warnings and as a result ->ban.

• If you want to give a link to a message, then you do not need to specify its number and page, in the upper right corner of the message there is its number - this is a link to it. Press the second mouse button>Copy the label and paste this link into your message. When cleaning the topic such links do not change! (if of course the message is not deleted).

ALL USEFUL under the spoiler
Unsolved questions, differences 2.2 from 2.1, links to messages, etc.

References:
Android OS 2.1 Review | Software catalog | Game Catalog | GPS Navigation on Android | Decorations and fashions for Android | [Android] Internet and MMS via GPRS / EDGE / 3G

I pay attention to years. users: offtopic deleted without warning! : offtopic:
If you find bugs, or if you have any suggestions for improvements, write tolichku

Post has been editedMgalex - 28.02.17, 11:46

Rep: (15)
Can you congratulate the first one? the owner of this device :) On Saturday I received a parcel from Clove.
I filmed unpacking:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB0ABw1h3iQ(filmed i8910)
In general, the device is cool, if you have any questions, ask :)

The only problem is that the package did not have the promised 8-gig microSD card. I wrote a letter to see how Clove will respond.

Drumcorps @ 20.6.10, 16:26*
vitalijb
Well, how's the deal with Russification? What is translated that is not? Is there any Russian?

There is a Russian, it turns on simply - you do not even need to reboot. Translated like everything. I did not find how to cut in the keyboard, but someone has already said that you need to install third-party from the market.

Rep: (215)
LCD comparison (if not mistaken, with a mirror substrate) vs. AMOLED vs. Super AMOLED in very bright sun (Greece).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58gZzqvqhRk
Comparison of screens. At the same time, you can evaluate the smoothness of video playback.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAmnVWgmmUw

Rep: (163)
Here ishereComparison of Amoled, Super Amole and TFT screens in the sun. They say that TFT is better ... Supermolead owners, tell me, how is it in the sun? Better than TFT or worse?

DiP 7 @ 22.6.10, 16:08*
- Gaming on HTC Desire & Samsung Galaxy S -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNt1EQYheQ
(and this is on Android 2.1, I feel everything will fly on 2.2 galaxy s)

I have already checked the games from Gameloft: N.O.V.A., Asphalt 5, Dungeon Hunter, Hero of Sparta, Sandstorm. And they just fly. No problems with speed or stability.

Quank @ 22.6.10, 18:43*
How does the battery behave? With a moderate load, day 3 will stretch?

If only to call then I think will stretch. And so it is necessary to count on a light day. With continuous use (GPS / Internet / games) I think 4 hours.

McVlaga @ 22.6.10, 18:31*
Does the display seem strong compared to 3.5 or 3.7 or not significantly large ??? Have you tried to watch movies ??? And how is it played on a phone with such a display, is it more convenient than on the same Apple ???

Compared to my i8910, this is more, but not by much. For games, movies - I think a better phone than a Galaxy S is not and is unlikely to be coming soon :)

Posted on 06/22/2010, 19:00:

smith0211 @ 22.6.10, 18:52*
It's a pity that the android can not allow as many games as on iOS, only in this I see the winnings of the stubs.

What's the difference how many games? The main thing is that the best port, and thousands of different types of iFart do not interest me.

sasa3230 @ 22.6.10, 20:08*
if it doesn’t bother you, drop a few seconds of video shot on the camera of the device in max quality or on the file sharing service here.

Attached filevideo_2010_06_22_20_15_34.zip(7.04 MB)

Post has been editedvitalijb - 22.06.10, 20:27

Rep: (62)
vitalijb @ 22.6.10, 23:26*
video-2010-06-22-20-15-34.3gp

Only in 3gp records, in the settings of the camera does not change?

Post has been editedsasa3230 - 22.06.10, 20:32

sasa3230 @ 22.6.10, 20:32*
Only in 3gp records, in the settings of the camera does not change?

only in 3gp

VIDEOThe SNES emulator (Super Nintendo game console) is shown, as well as SandStorm and Wings of Steel games.
VIDEO! GPS work speed.
VIDEOSamsung Galaxy S Vs i8910 Sygic GPS Load time (the speed of the program on these devices)
ATthis videoit can be seen that in the game Asphalt5 there is a Russian language in the menu of language selection, the review is made by an Arab, perhaps he has just the European version of the device, but such localization is in principle pleased.

Rep: (0)
turchenkov_l @ 23.6.10, 12:15*
Isn't there a “pink screen” at minimum brightness, like on HTC Desire?
Pink became certain shades of gray.

also wondering what type of matrix is ​​used (something similar to PenTile or RGB norms)?

Trolllll @ 23.6.10, 17:52*
also wondering what type of matrix is ​​used (something similar to PenTile or RGB norms)?

In standard AMOLED display using multiple layers, between which the air gap, the Super AMOLED a sensor layer just one and no air gaps. This allows to achieve at the same power consumption greater screen brightness (about 20 percent), and the screen of the ultra thin - thick base layer of 0.001 mm. Below is a polarizer, the above substrate layer. In fact, the screen is formed from this layer, and a protective surface, e.g., glass. The technology behind is called AMOLED on-cell, when all the control electronics are located in the screen, does not require the individual made components.

Rep: (215)
Trolllll @ 23.6.10, 15:52*

PenTile. Verified

Rep: (1)
With Pentile, everything is not straightforward. This technology wins in energy saving, and for large displays it is important. On the other hand, “The basis of the PenTile RGBW technology is taking into account the peculiarities of the human vision”, after studying optics for 5 years, I think this is all shamanism. Behind the words "Human Vision" is coveredidealaverage set of parameters. Most will not notice a flaw in technology, they will notice only advantages. But there will be such points of view:
Then another is very interesting, if the screen is made using PenTile technology, how is it there with clarity? Because I have i8910 (amoled) and htc desire (amoled + PenTile) and the designer has no clarity, some kind of turbidity.

My conviction is to watchby their eyes. I was "lucky" with vision - I will not see a blemish.

Rep: (13)
Just confused, I just saw it and forgot where ... sry.here is the secondfrom the same series. Wellherein HD is the same.

VIDEO- what is it, the American Samsung Galaxy S
A lot of pictures here

Post has been editedsasa3230 - 24.06.10, 00:23

Rep: (379)
sasa3230 @ 23.6.10, 22:39*
The question is overdue ... does GPS work with a disabled GSM module or without a SIM card ?!

It works without a SIM card, and in the "In the airplane" mode.

Rep: (561)
Comparison of displays iPhone 4 Retina Display vs. Galaxy S Super AMOLED

http://www.max-apple.ru/news-apple/iphone-..per -amoled.html

Rep: (0)
DiP 7 @ 24.6.10, 21:07*
Comparison of displays iPhone 4 Retina Display vs. Galaxy S Super AMOLED

http://www.max-apple.ru/news-apple/iphone-..per -amoled.html

The findings wrote that the color is almost the same.
In the text itself it is written that Sams is a little ahead in saturation.
We look at the picture
http://www.max-apple.ru/images/stories/new...oiret54x703.jpg
Pretty much subjective "a little", and if you read only the conclusions, then "almost the same" cause me bewilderment.

Threat I do not want to start Hallwar, just saw the link, read, came to bewilderment.

Rep: (561)
Non_Format,
It depends on how to take a picture in what perspective and at an angle, there is a photo with the same giraffes, on which the iphone no longer looks pale, you can look at more photos on the site engadgethttp://www.engadget.com/2010/06/24/iphone-...r-amoled-fight/
"almost the same"

On engadget they also came to the same opinion, some of them see that they are the same in terms of color rendition and color saturation, others, on the contrary, the buyer will decide ... And why does this phrase perplex you? If in fact the difference is practically not noticeable, only if you really find fault with it ...

In the text itself it is written that Sams is a little ahead in saturation.
and if you read only the conclusions, then “almost the same” make me puzzled.

And in the article at the end it is written aboutBy color reproduction, viewing angles are almost the same.
I didn’t write about saturation in the results) so everything is correct ... in general, when both are on hand, then I’ll tell you exactly, I’ll repeat the conclusions from the pictures and videos taken by others. As part of this topic, I think it will be interesting to readers

Post has been editedDiP 7 - 24.06.10, 23:37

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 24/10/20, 11:04