A small addition to the manuals:
- bootanimation.zip should be an archivewithout compression(with compression 0, store only is called differently).
- You need to put it in / system / customize / resources (in the same place as android_audio.mp3) - then it will be with sound. Works on firmware with Sense for sure. If you put in / system / media - there will be no sound.
Update.zip is easy to do.
1. Create a folder structure:
META-INF / com / google / android /
system / customize / resources /
2. In META-INF / com / google / android / update-script (without the extension) write a couple of lines, the content may be different for your device. If there are problems with updating the recovery, under the spoiler addition:
show_progress 0.1 0
# delete old animation and sound
delete SYSTEM: customize / resource / android_audio.mp3
delete SYSTEM: customize / resource / bootanimation.zip
# copying new animation
copy_dir PACKAGE: system SYSTEM:
show_progress 0.1 10
If you suddenly have problems when applying your update.zip
In the update-script of some devices at the very beginning there is a line:
assert compatible_with ("0.2") == "true"
Perhaps you should add it to the beginning of update-script. If it did not help, throw bootanimation.zip via adb push.The occurrence of such errors is unlikely, because they are often ignored by romodels.
3. In system / customize / resources / throw your bootanimation.zip and optionally android_audio.mp3
4. Throw in the zip the resulting folder structure (here the compression is not important), call to taste.
5. Sign the received archive
6. Apply to rekoveri, like any other update.zip
Attached my mod for 7hero, for example (320x480):7hero_pack_bootanim_htc.zip
(1.1 MB)Post has been editedvolk.eu - 06.07.10, 11:23
Reason for editing: changed update-script, added spoiler