Amplifier Design FAQ | for our devices

Rep: (107)
Amplifier design FAQ
Amplifier design FAQ | Homemade speakers and sound amplifiers

Note: a sample instruction for assembling an amplifier on Burr-Brown OPA microcircuits ishere.
The fundamental difference between the chips in this FAQ:
TDA2822m - for speakers ;
TDA7050 - headphone .

TDA2822m based amplifier
general form
Attached Image
pin layout (chip marking up)
Attached Image
chip parameters
stereo power on
Attached Image
bridge start
When the bridge is switched on, only the output power changes:
Attached Image

typical switching circuit
stereo
Attached Image
pavement
Attached Image

visual scheme
Attached Image
Yellow circles with a black symbol - the place to connect the speakers
Gray circles with a yellow symbol - signal input
Pink circles - the place where the wires are connected (wire crosses without a pink circle - this is a wire cross: there is no need to connect them!)
This scheme can be assembled as a mounted installation, and on the board. For this we need the following details:
ChipTDA2822m - 1 PC.
Resistor10 kО© - 2 pcs.
Resistor4.7 ohms - 2 pcs.
Electrolytic capacitor100 uF 16 V - 2 pcs.
Electrolytic capacitor470 uF 16 V - 2 pcs.
Electrolytic capacitor10 uF 16 V - 1 PC.
Ceramic non-polar capacitor0.1 ОјF - 2 pcs.

However, the scheme can work with a minimum set of radio components:
Electrolytic capacitor100 uF 16 V - 2 pcs.
Electrolytic capacitor470 uF 16 V - 2 pcs.

When assembling, let's say a small deviation from the tabular values ​​of parts according to the rule “more is better” (say, instead of a capacitor of 470 microfarads, put 1000 microfarads).
If after assembly the amplifier wheezes - check the correctness of soldering, supply voltage, input power (is the input volume too loud?)
With proper assembly and serviceable radio components, the amplifier can not work. Capacitors have polarity, pay attention to how they are soldered!
TDA7050 based amplifier
general form
Attached Image
pin layout (chip marking up)
Attached Image
chip parameters
Attached Image
typical switching circuit
stereo
Attached Image
pavement
Attached Image

visual scheme
stereo
Attached Image
pavement
Attached Image

Yellow circles with a black symbol - the place to connect the speakers
Gray circles with a yellow symbol - signal input
Pink circles - the place where the wires are connected (wire crosses without a pink circle - this is a wire cross: there is no need to connect them!)
This scheme can be assembled as a mounted installation, and on the board. For this we need the following details:
ChipTDA7050 - 1 PC.
Electrolytic capacitor100 uF 16V - 2 pcs.

When assembling, let's say a small deviation from the tabular values ​​of parts according to the rule “more is better” (say, instead of a capacitor of 470 microfarads, put 1000 microfarads).
If after assembly the amplifier wheezes - check the correctness of soldering, supply voltage, input power (is the input volume too loud?)
With proper assembly and serviceable radio components, the amplifier can not work. Capacitors have polarity, pay attention to how they are soldered!

Post has been editedBlack fish - 21.01.16, 18:00
Reason for editing: Added link to BB

Everything, all FAK is ready!
On the turn of the FAK to createlight music , which you can embed in dany amplifier! :savagemessiahzine.com:

Rep: (84)
But what are the real dimensions of the amp?

DRE G,
You can minimize the force by 2822 to a width of 30mm, length 15mm, height 9mm

Rep: (75)
enotik500,
same question as uDRE G . I want to put it right in the asus. How about 7050? It is on the 9.8 * 3.2 * 8.25mm datasheet, do the other elements of the scheme greatly increase this matter? By the way, are these chips in bga-versions? then space is generally saved: smile:

Sanis,
TDA2822 is in DIP8 and DIP16 packages
TDA7050 is in DIP8 and SOT8 packages
For the use of 7050 as an amplifier in the body, according to a bridge circuit, no additional elements are needed. Actually size usya = size micra. BUT! I wrote that eta mikra is preferable for headphones, for a speaker it is not very. Lutshe 2822, in the bridge. Then you only need two small capacitors.

Rep: (10)
krassava raccoon plague uselite;) I recommend to everyone 2822 in my opinion a cooler sound on it (do not give a lot of bass current) here is a photo of my first amplifier
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
on the micro 2822m +2 dynamics from e 398 and with the entrance for the ears, all this in a matchbox is very pleased with it. He experimented a lot on this view is not important :-) already collected 4 pieces to friends. Respect the raccoon again

TIGRMAN4,
Well done! Here are the first results, and the proof that I tried to write FAKnot in vainI hope my works will help in the creation of this useful device, those who do not understand in the diagrams and datasheets. I will try to lay out more simple and useful faks on various topics so that you can make more useful devices with your own hands. thanksavagemessiahzine.com!
:savagemessiahzine.com:

Post has been editedHanzo - 04.09.10, 14:35

Rep: (0)
Tell me, but in the circuit on tda 2822m it says there you can replace it with 4 capacitors, but are the resistors left or are they not needed?

Rep: (51)
Tu Yuzerok
on four canderas - put it on a microchiponly 4 kander :)
like this!!!!

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedMaverick1968 - 13.04.10, 19:38

Rep: (0)
And you could not sketch a scheme for the type as in Fake that where and from where the ATP!

Rep: (62)
everything seems to be looking not bad, but guys, please, before sharing your creations use this -etching printed circuit boards
all components are not expensive, it is not poisoned for a long time, but in the end it is much simpotichny hinged mounting, and just that it is easier to find the jambs and if they have them fixed.

Well, so somewhere !!!!!!
Attached Image

Posted on 04/13/2010, 20:58:

tu flimp
:) .... yeah and the driver "straight arms" .... included! :)
they can’t be collected anyway, and you say to persecute a fee ,;)

Post has been editedHanzo - 04.09.10, 14:50

Bridge layout
http://s006.radikal.ru/i214/1004/e5/f5dbdeff5871.jpg
stereo
http://s02.radikal.ru/i175/1004/f9/5d9de40b1c38.jpg

Judging by the futile searches on the Internet, the 2822 series microchips do not exist in SMD packages: (
and I wanted to build a stereo amplifier with two speakers from the E398 into the plug from the CF slot ... :( :(

tu enotik500
PS: yes and tyrants probably our last posts with you .... they do not belong to the main topic (flood)

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedMaverick1968 - 13.04.10, 23:32

Maverick1968
In the stub would be cool.
Wiped;)

I phoned several shops - they promised on Sunday, on the radio market, to fit a couple of pieces of 2822 in the SOIC (SO-8) building (the same as in the photo) they turn out to be in such buildings ... :)
I will try to pile !!! it will turn out - I will unsubscribe with fotami ...

Maverick1968
Oh, that would be just super!
And yet it is likely weaker than usual in the dip. How are things going with the transfer from Odessa to Zhytomyr?

Post has been editedKenter - 15.04.10, 18:44
Reason for editing: from TIGRMAN4 +1

Yes, they are slightly smaller in power than in the DIP package, I will try to assemble the bridge ....
the data for the planar hull is highlighted in red ...

and how to send to Zhytomyr I have no idea :(

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedMaverick1968 - 14.04.10, 18:03

Rep: (1)
here kinexileCan anyone be able to copy here - brief characteristics of power amplifiers from Texas Instruments, and then who else can and will check ?? : rofl:

CAF,
and why is it? Who on the forum will make amplifiers in enclosures as high as SOIC for the price of 4-8 dollars and more? There's no point.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 23/05/20, 3:25