Dropbox | a free service for storing and synchronizing files

Rep: (462)
Dropbox
version: 2.6.27

Dropbox pc пїЅ | Dropbox android пїЅ | Dropbox iphone пїЅ | Dropbox WM пїЅ | Dropbox for Samsung пїЅ | Dropbox API

Attached Image
Attached Image

More screenshots
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image

Short description:
Direct access to Dropbox using Dropbox folder on your hard drive.

Dropbox - program to work with the data store, allowing users to store their data on servers and grant other users access to them. Service for storing and sharing data, data synchronization, Assistant IT developers and ordinary users.

The work is based on data synchronization: when you install on your computer, a folder "My Dropbox", and after making any changes to it, for example, placed there a new file, it immediately will be automatically uploaded to your account online. It allows the user to place the files on remote servers using the client or through a browser using the web interface.

Features of Dropbox:
вњ“ Easy file sharing. Everything happens on your computer. No need to connect to an FTP server or even open a web interface.
вњ“ Supports any type of file.
вњ“ If you change not the whole file, but only part of it is transferred to the whole file, but only the changed fragment, which significantly reduces the bandwidth and speed up the synchronization process.
вњ“ Leads download history that after the removal of files from the server was able to restore the data.
вњ“ High level of service security. Achieved by the transfer of data over an encrypted channel (SSL) and data storage "in the cloud" is also encrypted (AES-256).
вњ“ The ability to upload files for sharing via the В«PublicВ» folder that allows you to use the service as a sharing.
вњ“ For project collaboration service has the ability to create a В«SharedВ» folders for sharing those with different accounts on the service.

Dropbox software will greatly simplify your life, because you no longer have to manually upload files to Dropbox or download them from there. The "follow" your Dropbox folder itself synchronizes the files. If you change this folder, any file, and the computer at this time connected to the Internet, changes are immediately synced with all your devices, which also installed Dropbox.

The program works even without an Internet connection. If you are not connected, and you have made any changes, the next time you renew Dropbox synchronization directly from the right place.

To choose from, there are three types of accounts:
  • Base - free at 2Gb (+ bonus, which allows to increase up to 10Gb).
  • Pro 50 - paid. 50Gb, $ 9.99 per month or $ 99.00 per year.
  • Pro 100 - paid. 100Gb, $ 19.99 per month or $ 199.00 per year.

Meaning in such a large volume can not see - for the eyes 2Gb enough, and taking into account bonuses and even more so.

How to use?
  • By registering on the site.
  • We put the client at the "machine".
  • Choosing where to be stored Dropbox folder.
  • Put into it the files you want and click "Copy pablic link"

You can registerhere
Instructions - how to upload files to Dropbox

Russian interface: Yes

Developer: Dropbox Inc.
Homepage: https://www.dropbox.com

Download:
Version: 2.6.27: Attached fileDropbox 2.6.27.exe (35.11 MB)

K
Placing referral linksprohibited!Posts will be removed. At repeated violation - punishment.

Post has been editedSotik - 05.08.14, 15:25
Reason for editing: edit

Rep: (6)
I use about one month ... very happy with the service ... it works great client on my android phone

Rep: (389)
A practical example can write? : Thank_you:

Rep: (6)
which is a practical example?

jartex
Well what this service can be used.

Rep: (157)
vitaliy4,
eg you urgently need some file that you have on your home computer, and you're far away GS

Rep: (1045)
The question ishttp://getdropbox.com- it is something other than a simple redirect on dropboks?
I was just interested ingiven.This is some clever wants to give the ref-link and still get an invite for that leprosy or Habr? o_O

scr1pt,
only the first necessary that the synchronized file. And it turns out that it is necessary to know in advance exactly what you need. And in like opera there.

Rep: (1093)
Instructions - how to upload files toDropbox.
Introduction:
I have too often asked how to fill and get the link.For those who do not know, DropBox - is sharing with direct links with no intermediate pages, expectations and support for injection in multiple channels.There is also a function of the synchronization. But it's not about that.Pouring on DropBox you get roughly the link -http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6910255/WP7_Customization_Guide.rarWith this sharing easily downloaded to low-speed connections.

Instructions for filling the files:
To begin, you must create an account Vym -https://www.dropbox.com/login#registerIn one account, you are given a free 2 GB. Next - payment or Invites (more on that later). One e-mail - one account. Nothing complicated registration no.
First name - Your name
Lasy name - your surname
E-Mail - Your e-mail
Password - Password
Remember me - Remember me (not necessarily)
And press the "Create account" you can not pay attention to the received mail to e-mail. DropBox client download is not necessary, simply press the "Back to home". On the next page, go to the "Files" tab. Select the folder "Public". After that, click "Upload" in the top bar:
Attached Image

We click "Choose file" and select the needed files, then click "Start upload". If you can not download, click on the "Basic uploader" and select one file ...
Once the file is uploaded to the server, you need the right of the file you want to click on the arrow and select "Copy public link":
Attached Image

Before us there is a cherished link, simply copy it (you can dial "Copy to clipboard"):
Attached Image

Increase free space.
To increase the server space, you just need to give the invites (even to himself). One referral gives you extra 250 mb. With a maximum of referrals you can get 8 GB. For this pre-visiting the website, go to this link -https://www.dropbox.com/referralsIn the selected area, enter e-mail to which we want to send an invitation:
Attached Image

Click "Send invites" and we will be happy!
To be continued ...

Rep: (712)
A useful service. Just I started to use it. Clinging to the Forum watched a lot of links it to drop.

Rep: (61)
The best in file sharing. Prior to that, from baldel UbuntuOne, but only under Ubuntu and sloppy work. Upload files for a long time, as long and progruzhat them ... So stupid!
A Dropbox - the same, only much more perfect. 2,25gb., For Windows client and Android is, files floods the service immediately after you add the folder. In general, super !! :)

Rep: (210)
Hmm, a good alternative to a USB flash drive since it turns out, if you need access to a small set of files, for example - documents. Thank you, today will develop!

Rep: (89)
Mega thing! With it, you forget about any deposite Files))
Very convenient to carry out the projects in it - is not afraid to lose the files, and sometimes access to them need to have when the stick handy with them not (come to the other, he asked you to show your project to him, for example, he has the web - voalya, especially as a folder for synchronization in BS can choose any)
Here are a couple of cents from me:
add to the context menu "send" - the conductor write - shell: SendTo - there create a shortcut to the folder is synchronized via DropBox.

Rep: (97)
vitaliy4 @ 20.10.2010, 00:12*
Well what this service can be used.

And here, for example:
It all started with the thoughts about how it would be convenient to make a movie / TV / music on the download and coming home to immediately see / listen, and not wait until it jumps (not so much time remains in the evening). Since the home computer I practically do not turn off, I decided to implement the idea through Dropbox. I installed the client on the working and homemade machines, loosened the folder, set up the torrent client (UTorrent) to automatically download files from this folder and that's it! Now it is enough to save the torrent file to this folder and it will start loading, which saves time. I hope someone will help me as much as me :)

There is a way dropbox-client on android!

In general, this is a great way to sync files between your desktop and android! well, or between the two Comp ..
It works fine referalskaya system:It is not allowed here

Post has been editedPecten - 08.04.12, 17:19

Rep: (1093)
Pooh,
alex @ 07.11.2010, 21:36*
Increase free space.
To increase the server space, you just need to give the invites (even to himself). One referral gives you extra 250 mb. With a maximum of referrals you can get 8 GB. For this pre-visiting the website, go to this link -https://www.dropbox.com/referralsIn the selected area, enter e-mail to which we want to send an invitation:

alex,
So like do not give a bonus for invites and registered referrals ...?

Rep: (97)
alex @ 20.12.2010, 14:32*

All right, but we must also install the client on a unique (!) The machine and log in to it!

That's it, so so easy to cheat will not work ... =)

Rep: (139)
WTF!?? For any links to dropboks get this:

Attached Image

Reganilsya for an invite

Earned :)

In a pancake, again the same crap

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 17.01.21, 08:27