Stolen / lost device | [Help]

Rep: (342)
Lost / stolen PDA, smartphone, tablet - you here!

Attached ImageAttached Image

This topic is intended for:
Share ways to prevent loss or theft.
Exchange IMEI lost devices
Tips on finding these
Search for vehicles

In the event of the loss / theft of your animal, IMEI can be used to search for or ensure the inoperability of stolen or lost vehicles.

What is IMEI?
What is IMEI?
IMEI is a unique number stitched into each GSM phone (communicator). IMEI consists of 15 digits. The abbreviation IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identifier (i.e., International Mobile Equipment Identity). You can watch it on the box with the device under the bar code or under the battery on the case, or by typing the shortcut key * # 06 #.
IMEI is transmitted to the network of your GSM operator when you register your phone (communicator) on the network and is unique. There are no two devices with the same IMEI, except for those whose IMEI was intentionally modified by special software.

What do the 15 digits of IMEI mean?

IMEI = [TAC] [FAC] [SNR] [SP], where:

TAC (Type Approval Code) - the first 6 digits - the so-called. “Sample type code”, in other words, the code of a particular phone model.
FAC (Final Assembly Code) - the next 2 digits - the code of the country of origin of the cell phone.
SNR (Serial Number) - the next 6 digits - the serial number of the phone.
SP (Spare) - the last digit is a spare identifier, which is calculated by a special algorithm based on the previous digits.
This is worth taking care of everyone!
Learn and save the IMEI code of your PDA or communicator! You can find it out by dialing the code * # 06 # in the standby mode. Also, IMEI is printed on a sticker under the battery, in the warranty card and on the box. The number consists of 15 digits.
  1. AntiTheft programs (anti-theft systems)
  2. Blocking access to the PDA
  3. Did anti-theft programs help you?
  4. Lost / stolen PDA, smartphone, phone - you here! (Post Sesha Anonymous # 40018772)

What to write in the message? Warning!
Never and never enter the data on the IMEI code of your device if it is NOT lost or not stolen!
  1. IMEI number
  2. Manufacturer, model
  3. Date of abduction or loss
  4. Special signs (and / or equipment)
  5. Other useful information
  6. How to contact you (recommendations for writing contact details)

Database stolen devices listed in the subject.

Post has been editedstp101 - 04.04.18, 22:43
Reason for editing: New cap author AndrewP_one

Rep: (6)
I dropped the smart on the way home. I did not install the anti-theft stopper. There is no chance to find it?

Rep: (359)
Timur Tarasov, most likely zero.

Rep: (583)
Timur Tarasov, Be sure to write to the police.

Rep: (225)
Johnny P, Well done that created the topic, had long been going to raise such a question on the forum, but did not reach the hands.
Timur Tarasov, filed to the police, let them find the chance is not great, but still he is;)
Who uses what to protect your pet?
By the way, you can vykoryabat your phone number on the body or just such an inscription: Anyone who finds the phone call the specified number 8-916-4 ** - ** - ** well, if you do not want to bother the body, you can shove a piece of paper under the battery cover or stick it on maybe some honest person will fall, call and give your little beast

Rep: (2)
Yesterday on the subway literally talk time pulled out of the hands of a brand new HTC Tattoo. All standard - at the time of the closing doors. At the next station called the police, quickly blocked sim card, and reluctantly, but sent me to a criminal investigation of the subway. The investigative department questioned in detail about the incident, showed a bunch of applications for theft, told about the heavy police everyday life, revealed a dozen indistinct pictures - "To identify the thief will be able to?". Also reluctantly said that to write an application that is my constitutional right, but "You know ...". Written statement, but it is necessary to attach a copy of the purchase receipt and the phone number IMEI, so who is going to formalize all Monday ... Chances are difficult to assess, but someone knows ....

Rep: (56)
sometime earlier on smartphones and then on the PDA I installed a picture with a bright red inscription on the PDA (splashscreen): “the phone is lost, call the owner of the TV number (entered the wife’s number) .... the reward is guaranteed!”
now stopped
although it may be in vain :)

Rep: (196)
If the phone is simple, then it makes no sense because of this steam. And if it’s cool too, they won’t return it anyway;) So if you lose it, buy a new one and don’t worry.
Nobody will search too much, so there is no point in disturbing the police. It is easier to be careful, but if you already managed to ... sleep, then buy a new one.

Post has been editedPerperum - 17.01.10, 12:48

Rep: (108)
No Why such pessimism? We must believe in what he can find. If not immediately but will find me with friends more than once there were cases that were found. Who sooner someone that a year after the theft: yes2: They are. but not immediately, and the police just need to bother. Near the stolen PDA :( And it is a very good friend, a friend of my brother. Asked to call turned away for a second and it is already present, and then it turned out that he became a drug addict. I have a brother and he says that he is looking for it with the guys that they too affected. In general, I had had no time to find the police on the second day of his poimayu I last appeared. The statement of the theft took with copies being, check, and documents. They said that there will be a request to send. it seems to have sent. a year-plus, a couple just worried about our valiant police for Reset form, they say that have not yet found, but I do not lose hope though other PDA itself already bought, but the more I look forward to:... D

Rep: (938)
SmallDoom @ 15.2.10, 18:51*
No, why such pessimism?

In my opinion, you confuse pessimism and realism.

Marvi @ 16.2.10, 13:57*
In my opinion, you confuse pessimism and realism

no, I'm not confusing anything ..

Rep: (4)
if you have friends in the FSB, they will find it there, but you have to thank them) they are looking for it very quickly and efficiently.
one person had a purse in which all the documents, telephone, money and other joy were stolen, after 4 days everyone found it.

Rep: (226)
I tried all the normal anti-theft systems; half do not find satellites, the rest do not send SMS, and after some they just have to do XP. I did not find a normally working program, because of this I do not use such.

Post has been editedPashka1-45 - 07.03.10, 21:03

Rep: (0)
My friend NTS had the diamond stolen, so he came to the mentovka with the imei code, and they returned him to me the next day (paid 50 UAH (300 rubles)) So the mentove is not the last place to go

http://www.imeis.ru/- here, too, there is such a base. Maybe it is useful?

Post has been editedJohnny P - 23.08.10, 08:41
Reason for editing: + from arcadeon, thank you so much

Rep: (273)
Marvi, Yes, no one argues that analogues of this topic on the Internet exist. But let us have our own, forum! Especially sincesavagemessiahzine.comA huge number of people visit, I’m not afraid to say this, from all over the Earth ... A huge section of Flea market. All this can help people find their device. At least for the sake of it all and thought! And if anyone has any suggestions - I'm only "For"! :)

vetroduFF,
So I do not argue. Just maybe my link in the header to add? Well, it's up to you.

And here is another interesting reference:
IMEI Analyzer -http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis&sub=imeinr.

Checked on your phone - it works.

Marvi,
I understand that if the database does not find anything, then the phone is clean? (I found some kind of Philips at the entrance, without a keyboard, without a battery, without a SIM, I think they just threw it away)

Post has been editedDJ_Diman - 16.04.10, 06:03

DJ_Diman @ 16.4.10, 7:02*
I understand that if the database does not find anything, then the phone is clean?

It only means that it is not listed in the database of stolen items. No more.

In our city in the commission shop there is such a service "search phone by IMEI", if you lost / stole / took the phone, then you come to them, they rewrite it and look for it.

And after some time (it depends on how soon a new SIM card will be inserted into the device) you come to them and they say whose SIM card is inserted and all the passport details of that friend, including the place of residence.

Then, when we have these data in our hands, we go to the cops (who have our statement about robbery / theft) and together with them and with the dokomi from the apparatus we visit that comrade whose simka is inserted into our pipe, after checking we have our pipe returned with the comrade who found our apparatus the police conducts the necessary activities

Saying a service costs 1,500,000, I know many people who "found" their phone in this way, and those who bought phones from their hands without documents took them away. ;)

Vbbb what city?

Post has been edited4min - 14.05.10, 15:20

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 18/08/20, 18:53