Mac OS or Linux? | [macOS] [linuxos] Please explain

Rep: (1979)
Discussion and comparison: Windows & Mac OS X | Mac OS X FAQ | The choice of components for MAC OS X (hakintosh) | Mac OS Fans Club | Mac OS X software | Apple MacBook - general theme | Mac OS X talk | Macintosh vs Hackintosh | Hackintosh on PC - discussion

Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links, or through QMS.

Post has been editedctich21 - 01.08.14, 17:35

Rep: (300)
tranceman111 @ 31.3.10, 3:59*
Intel Core 2 Duo 6300 1.86GHz 1.40Hz 1 gb RAM Gforce 7600 256 mb Pull what thread Mac OS X ??? Advise on how to put the assembly ...)) If of course the iron is compatible

chances are there. Search in torrents (rutracker.org for example) iDeneb latest version and there are usually discussed the nuances in the installation, just burn the disc and put most likely will not work. In this regard, Ubunt / Kubunta much easier for a beginner.

You can make an opinion on the virtual machine, but everything is terribly slow. About games and other heavy software, you can forget 100%.

---------

about games in Vain, there is simply no complete emulation of DirectX, from this some games that are supposedly at maximum settings (and in fact on some medium) and go faster.

Rep: (52)
pasha_550 @ 30.3.10, 22:38*
but I'm afraid this is a placebo effect ...

1) I advise you to think about file systems. BTRFS with compression works many times faster than NTFS 'a.
2) Linux is less demanding in terms of RAM.
frag @ 30.3.10, 23:21*
If we talk about at least a box of 2 fools with 2GB of RAM and modern popular 3D shooters, there is a serious chance of a merge with Vain’s mergers in performance in all respects.

L4D2 under the line worked faster than under the Vendian. But Venda was whist, although Kaspersky was off.
frag @ 30.3.10, 23:21*
About your native 3D-games under the tench is a cruel joke, forget it. Is that half-curved transfers of screw games and the fact that even a quake will break the graph 3.

UT 2004;)

Rep: (1098)
For me this way: If you need money, you take Mac, you push Windows with the second axis, you will play there, if you don’t run Makos ... I understand that MUCH goes for wine or is ported for Mac or Lin, but if you are a gamer and If you like this game, then according to the law of meanness, it will not be a prot, but under wine it will not work! At the same time, all friends will look with envy at Mack iron with his ponts.
If you also want to attach your hands (no, do not correct the bugs), but look for, create, understand, then Linux, well, and the second axis of the window leaf ... for games
Here isgames for Linux
I myself have been on Lina for more than a year now, but I practically do not play, moreover, I have a netbook ...
Now they are:
Duc3d with openGL support and fresh textures
Heroes 3
Kwaka3
Anrial Gold and Anrial TNT1 (UT 2004 inhibits)
Soldiers of fortune

Almost all games are not just installed, many will have to be a little shaman, but if you have a head and hands, it’s not difficult ...
3 months ago I put Hakintosh, and lived a bit in it, of course they are very similar, Lin and Mack, but there was a lack of "flexibility" and "politeness" of Lin (Dwarf, KDE, Boxes and the fact that he kills other loaders during installation, and everything prescribes in his grub), I still haven’t found how to smash home and root directories into Makosi into different partitions on a disk, and all these i ... crap, especially aytyuns ... didn’t like it terribly ...
I have already told you, but when I tried to make an update to Snow Leopard, a "disk utility" crashed, which killed all the partitions on my hard drive. After a year or two I will try hackintosh again ...
Good luck with your choice!

Post has been editedkonvas - 31.03.10, 12:23

Rep: (278)
Well, if such problems With Mac Os stop on Kubunte .. and Winde Thank you all))

Rep: (1703)
By virtue of the circumstances, I began to answer in this thread. I didn’t expect such hot discussions :)
Topikstarter, finally decide why you all started it. If you just want to try something new and tasty, try Linux and MAKOS. And from this and from the other you will enjoy, if you own basic computer skills and like to read and learn. After all, at first it was about toys.
If you need to squeeze the maximum out of the old iron, I would not advise Makos, for the most delicious is the latest version, and it is problematic to launch it on the old iron.
If you want to get a modern, extremely convenient and sophisticated system on * nix - this is of course MAKOS. It combines great amenities for the end user, butsu in this system, no one has canceled;) Plus, just a smart Time Machine, plus the most reliable repartitioning of disks "on the fly", plus easy installation of the same Windows right without leaving the OS ...
And the last.Bailee, I read the thread - so no one is rude to you at all. I understand that * nix-oids always readily perceive a lot as aggression, although people simply express themselves. This is probably a consequence of communication in a particular environment. But you should not transfer the emotions of this environment here to the forum;) And even more so the statements about "soaking", etc. Why I wrote about this - your speech cut the eye against the background of quite adequate discussion. Any participant in the interview has the right and opportunity to express their opinion.

slimest @ 31.3.10, 21:27*
If you want to get a modern, extremely convenient and sophisticated system on * nix - this is of course MAKOS.

One-sided opinion. For me, such an operating system is the genta. But unlike poppy, it is not so demanding on resources.
plus reliable on-the-fly repartitioning

BTRFS also allows you to do this.
plus easy installation of the same Windows right without leaving OSes ...

In Linux, having a certain straightness of hands, this can also be done, but why? In Linux, this can be done using dd and qemu.
I understand that * nix-oids always readily perceive a lot as aggression, although people simply express themselves.

Do not speak for all, answer for yourself. : bubble:

Rep: (112)
I personally chose mac because of Adobe software, which is not available under linux unfortunately, and purely visually, Mac OS is a well thought out and extremely harmonious system for the end user, very easy to use and works flawlessly on Apple computers;)

By the way, I managed to play poppy through a virtual online igruhu aion which is quite demanding on resources.

Rep: (1703)
gsahome you his post just confirmed what I said earlier: "a one-sided view", etc. :) Well, why pre-configure itself for confrontation? I, by virtue of profession, also use the unix system, not an amateur, and diesel fuel. And at the same time exploiting MAKOS (true, on this Macke) and Windows. Well I see the advantages and disadvantages of each system. But each system has the right to life. As for the fact that Unix amateur manifestations knows how to do what MAKOS Duc certainly can. MAKOS but all it does is much friendlier, more convenient and more reliable. Since sharpened by the end user. A terminal is needed - no question. Eat it: D How would say Zhvanetskiy, you do not laugh, but try;)

slimest @ 31.3.10, 22:00*
gsahome, with your post you just confirmed what I said earlier: "one-sided opinion", etc.

Sorry, I will not deny it.
I, by virtue of the profession, also use Unix systems, not just amateur systems, but Solar.

It seems to me that it is a little incorrect to compare products such as Linux and commercial Solaris. Too many differences in terms of use and in terms of licensing.
But each system has the right to life.

No one denies this. Let everyone decide for themselves what OS is needed.
Because it is sharpened for the end user.

This can be said about the different Linux distributions. These include OpenSUSE and Ubuntu.
But Makos makes all this much friendlier, more convenient and more reliable.

I absolutely agree with this, but you have to pay for it.

Post has been editedgsahome - 31.03.10, 20:13

Rep: (300)
gsahome @ 31.3.10, 23:40*
BTRFS

I saw unfamiliar letters, googled:
"Btrfs has been included in the main Linux kernel since version 2.6.29-rc, but remains experimental and not ready for industrial use. The developers do not recommenduse this file system for anything other than testing, since the format of data storage on the disk has not yet been fixed ."

Yeah, I want to wish good luck)))

What about Gents, it's also strange how to hear that it turns out to be not demanding on resources .... when installing / upgrading through portage KDE, Qt and OO, this is noticeable)))
To me the truth is, of all Linux, I like the Gent most of all, but for a comfortable work with it a lot of nuclear processor is needed, otherwise it would be very sad for me to wait for the next package to compile ...

Rep: (146)
slimest @ 31.3.10, 17:27*
I understand that * nix-oids always readily perceive a lot as aggression, although people simply express themselves. This is probably a consequence of communication in a particular environment. But transferring the emotions of this medium here to the forum is not worth it. Moreover, statements about “soaking”, etc. Why I wrote about this - your speech cut the eye against the background of quite adequate discussion. Any participant in the interview has the right and opportunity to express their opinion.

Taking advantage of the right and the opportunity to express my opinion, I can’t call an adequate discussion in which incorrect statements are addressed to both individuals and groups of people united by certain interests. If your life experience is associated exclusively with the negative consequences of communicating with those, perhaps you should think about your own position and not transfer your paranoia from this environment here to the forum?

pasha_550 @ 30.3.10, 19:38*
And I'm not rude. Humble I'm not like that.

I always heartily condoled to people who are not able to fully distinguish rudeness, especially in their behavior towards others. In the eyes of other people, they do not look like heroes, and they lack meaningful and productive communication.

pasha_550 @ 30.3.10, 19:38*
The owner is the master. Do not scare me with any nonsense.

This is not intimidation, but a way of expressing an attitude.

Post has been editedBailee - 31.03.10, 22:47

Rep: (1004)
Bailee, + 500!
I myself adhere to this opinion - Mac - for cool printing (well, not so) +
Konvas @ 31.3.10, 13:22*
If money Nemer - take Mack
, the rest can be adapted in principle for everything.
It’s all the same for you to decidetranceman111 ...

Here it is, it was thought ... Are you all about the game? I here something something bashorg remembered ...:
work: I've been playing la2 for 5 years
3610: I have been working my apartment and 2 cars for 5 years

And in general, something I youtranceman111 I do not understand ... Here you write that you have already chosen the axis Help with the assembly of HP changed your mind?
And what kind of PC do you have described there ?!

Post has been editedkoordinator - 01.04.10, 00:09

And in general, something I tranceman111 you, I do not understand ... Here you write that you have already chosen the axis Help with the assembly of HP, change your mind?
And what kind of PC do you have described there ?!

This is on the old computer)) I have two)) I just need the assembly to work faster ...))) And Mac OS or Linux I choose on my computer which is now)) More powerful)) (higher there in one of my posts The characteristics of my current company were written) therefore I asked for advice)) Pro Mac and Linux.)

And on a new one, it's worth it right now that I have HP.) But I really really want to also try Mac .. to then choose which one is closer and more like ... OS))

Post has been editedkoordinator - 01.04.10, 01:40
Reason for editing: corrected for clarity

Rep: (1004)
tranceman111, I can only answer one thing - experiment. Themselves.
Experiments + knowledge gained / read during installations / reinstallations / settings = experience. And experience is known to be invaluable;) Good luck in general!

Rep: (688)
tranceman111, : foto: I will insert my 5 kopecks: popcorm:
First you need to read a lot, it is better to do it on:
links
macpages.ru | applelife.ru | torrent tracker: torrentmac.ru

It is important to check the equipment (computer components).
Must be: hard disk = sata, keyboard and usb mouse, dvd-rom sata.
o.O If seriously imho mac os x works better, it’s worth on a macbook or a poppy pro. All these assemblies, retails and their ilk, all garbage! : smoke:

Posted 04/01/2010 01:40:

By the way, on the Asus mothers from the series: P5QL you need to sew a modified bios by Jizzy. : rolleyes:

Posted 04/01/2010, 01:43:

+ search for kext string, etc. + They are all different under version 10.5.7 and its own and opd 10.6.2 its own: yes2: B)
Conclusion!!!!
Do not take you for this business, better yet try to put nix * if everything works out. Go to the toolbox and read the installation instructions for the Mac axis: popcorm:

Well, thanks for the useful info)

coldfire @ 31.3.10, 23:58*
I saw unfamiliar letters, googled: "Btrfs is included in the main Linux kernel since version 2.6.29-rc, but remains experimental and is not ready for industrial use. The developers do not recommend using this file system for anything other than testing, since the data storage format the disk is still not fixed. "

I have btrfs for two months now, no glitches. FS format has not changed for a long time.
coldfire @ 31.3.10, 23:58*
What about Gents, it's also strange how to hear that it turns out to be not demanding on resources .... when installing / upgrading through portage KDE, Qt and OO, this is noticeable)))

You can collect on one gland, and on the other to put already collected binaries.

yes, I installed Mac OS and demolished ((Izza toggo that there is not a lot of firewood to ensure work standards .. I don’t cling to Wii fi (((And I have an Internet network on my computer .. ((It's a shame ... PS With more crashed the disk and otfarmatirovat one partition in the FAT))) so she didn’t want to run) gave an error we can not connect the drive) so I chose the Mac OS formatting journal and eventually covered and demolished all partitions with Windows .. ((but now I found a bit of what is a mac poppy) I will install Linux to the Seine) and Windows in parallel

Rep: (1098)
tranceman111 @ 1.4.10, 19:09*
Formatting Mac OS magazine and eventually covered up and demolished all partitions with Windows .. ((but now I’ve learned a little about what a mac is from)

OOOOh !!!!!!!!!! So I am not alone! Sorry, this is not gloating, but I am even a little happy about it, exactly what happened to me !!! So this is not my bug, but a bug (or joke) of Disk Utility !!!

Rep: (688)
Moreover, I broke the disk and formatted one partition in the FAT))) so it didn’t want to start) gave an error we could not connect the disk)

This is not a disc utility bug. This is a process bug.
It is not clear why you formatted in fat? о.О Wasn’t it easier to format it in Mac OS Journaled ???
konvas, : rolleyes:
Yes, I installed the Mac OS and demolished it ((Izza toggo that there is not a lot of firewood to ensure the work standards .. I don’t cling to the Wi-Fi

Same for you on windows: rofl: in order for all your equipment to work you need to look for kext files (so-called firewood). Well, etc. In my previous post, I told you that you must first read a lot, then just bet, very few people managed to start a poppy with such a leap like YOU: foto:
but now I learned a little bit what poppy poses

Absolutely nothing: spiteful:
Sena will put LinuxS)

omg o.On only put windows and do not experiment (- =

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 24/07/20, 2:28