> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Set "must have"
Check Google statistics =)
We put the program on the android ...
1.0-1.6 [ 0 ] ** [0%]
2.0-2.3 (GB) [ 14 ] ** [1,4%]
3.0-3.2 [ 2 ] ** [0,2%]
4.0-4.3 (IC, JB) [ 49 ] ** [4,91%]
4.4 (KK) [ 70 ] ** [7,01%]
5.0 (L) [ 30 ] ** [3,01%]
5. 1 (L) [ 72 ] ** [7,21%]
6.0 (MM) [ 93 ] ** [9,32%]
7.0 (N) [ 76 ] ** [7,62%]
7.1 (N) [ 101 ] ** [10,12%]
8 (O) [ 74 ] ** [7,41%]
8.1 (O) [ 128 ] ** [12,83%]
9 (P) [ 448 ] ** [44,89%]
10 (Q) [ 135 ] ** [13,53%]
I do not know! [ 19 ] ** [1,9%]
I put the program is not on android [ 10 ] ** [1%]
I bet for ...
Different purposes, it may be the following [ 668 ] ** [66,93%]
Works [ 32 ] ** [3,21%]
Study [ 6 ] ** [0,6%]
Social networks, instant messengers [ 6 ] ** [0,6%]
Multimedia entertainment [ 70 ] ** [7,01%]
View sites, newsletters [ 11 ] ** [1,1%]
Device customization [ 62 ] ** [6,21%]
Games [ 5 ] ** [0,5%]
Install, uninstall, install ... [ 76 ] ** [7,62%]
Rarely set or generally well-defined set [ 50 ] ** [5,01%]
There is no my option (write to the curator in QMS) [ 5 ] ** [0,5%]
I put on the device ...
Smartphone [ 556 ] ** [55,71%]
Multiple smartphones [ 125 ] ** [12,53%]
The tablet [ 22 ] ** [2,2%]
Smartphone and tablet [ 96 ] ** [9,62%]
In addition to the main one, there is a smart watch, or a navigator, a smart vacuum cleaner ... [ 34 ] ** [3,41%]
Zoo houses from different age devices [ 145 ] ** [14,53%]
There is no device [ 5 ] ** [0,5%]
I do not know exactly =) [ 9 ] ** [0,9%]
So the topic is useful?
Yes [ 835 ] ** [83,67%]
No special use [ 38 ] ** [3,81%]
The idea is useless initially [ 2 ] ** [0,2%]
Just passing by [ 116 ] ** [11,62%]
Total Votes: 998

Rep: (2806)
"Must have"

Attached Image

Many users at one time the question arises: "And what is better?" Especially for newbies, which has now become very much.
In this topic we will share the setstheir"most needed"programs that may be useful in a given situation.

Perhaps you have questions: Why do we need this topic? Simple examples from our users:
krasa
When I switched to android I was in a panic where to run with so many programs in the market, I got acquainted with this topic and downloaded the first set, then I figured out along the way - something left something was not there. But at least some idea received.

grawer
I will give an example.
There are many games that are called and are Fifteen, but one author turned out better, and another one got worse. And if I want to put such a game, then I will look for the best and, if possible, free. And in this topic they spread the programs that the forum users, and their subjective opinion, seemed to be the best among other programs with the same functions.
The main idea of ​​the topic is not to look for yourself, but to use the advice of others, those who have already figured out and chose the best program.
What is "Must Have?" If the literal translation - "Must be" or "Must have", but it is not necessary to have this or that program in the device. To each his own.
Example 1
VityaPda
Someone has a root, but someone does not have it - and the choice of prog is completely different.
There are programs that just interfere with each other, they may also require a certain screen resolution, for example.
Someone has little memory and he wants a functional combine, and not a bunch of applications, or you have to sacrifice something so that the specific program needed by the person works.
Someone has a weak percentage and graphics - he has his own preferences for browsers and players.
In some bodies on the drain (like the type of motorola Defy?) There are no IP tables and the droidwall will not work, etc. etc.
On some bodies, you can record a conversation from the line, and on some not (agree that no one would have refused this feature -).
On some, you can screw the frequency control of the probe, and on some not.
On some bodies, you can improve the sound (audio bit, dpmenager, etc.), but on some not.
Example 2
Golos-CD
1) File Manager
This is a very important program! Without it, nowhere. It is not all pre-installed. And where it is installed is not always quality.
Define the criteria for the file manager.
- Free (full free without pruning abilities in free versions)
- Low weight (the less it weighs, the faster it works)
- Decent functionality able to satisfy the average and above average user!
- Clear interface.
- The convenience of use.
- Must go at all and always.
All these functions are answered by some file managers. The choice is yours.

2) Browsers
A standard browser may not meet all the requirements you need. What do we want to get from the browser?
- Free. Although most of them are free;
- The speed of opening pages;
- Saving traffic;

3) Security
Here opinions differ. Some say that there are no viruses, others that are. The choice is yours. If you are downloading apps from anywhere, install and rest easy. The choice is big. What should be an antivirus?
- Do not clutter the system;
- Frequently updated database;
- Plus, if necessary, additional functionality (blocking access of applications to the Internet, blocking calls, etc.)

Top 10 Masthev on the results of user moderation (updated 120520)
If you decide to add your list to the topic, then consider the following points:
  • First of all, the theme is designed for beginners, keep in mind that bad masthead will not bring them any good!
  • Try not to make a “sheet” of solid text that is difficult to perceive.
  • Do not write all 100,500 programs / games, etc., you have installed. Describe the main ones, that is, those that you really consider to be a must-have.
  • Do not write stock (preinstalled) programs in Mast-Heve due to the fact that these are often specific developments for a specific device or Google programs known to very many if not all.
  • Required (!)When writing the list to link to threads with applications / games or page in the Google Play Market (links to other sources are likely to be removed). For many, especially for new members of the forum is much easier search process.
  • Try to set aside half an hour of your time to create your own program description worthy of your choice, because even in program topics the description may turn out to be crooked, uninformative or in English!
  • Keep in mind that here the sets, which rating is lower than zero according to user moderation, are not delayed. Users decide for themselves which is good and which must be deleted !!
  • There are other selections forAndroid media consolesMany of the programs will be quite useful for smartphones and tablets.

Also read some of the rules of the topic, the violation of which would entail the rapid removal of the post without warning:
Such deviations from the topic will be regarded as flooding, offtopic and stubborn unwillingness to use the topic header and search in the forum, with corresponding consequences for violators.

• The subject lists are allowed only the most necessary programs with at least a brief description !!
  • The topic does not discuss or criticize the sets of a particular user. This is the meaning of "Must Have", that this is the choice of exactly one person;
  • Do not write one or two programs, for this there is a separate topic -Android OS: opening programs of 2013 year. Your experience.
  • For questions about the health of programs, please contact directly to the topic of the program;
  • If you can not find this or that program, for this there is a specialized topic:Search for programs for Android OS ;

Adhere to the already established culture of communication on the forum and, perhaps, it is your set of programs that will ever be able to help users with a choice.

Polls archive
Attached Image
2016-2019
Attached Image

The curator of the topic isdim ^ n.
With all the wishes, criticism and also about violations that have not been noticed for a long time, contact me inQMS.

Post has been editeddim ^ n - 13.05.20, 07:33
Reason for editing: Rating

Rep: (26)
ana123 @ 09/04/2010, 16:36*
without his description
Click on the program link and see a more complete description than, for example, “Viewing and editing documents”. In my opinion, everything is more than understandable. Of course, everyone has their own Masthev, but it's easier than looking for applications in a digest or directory (where the description is in principle no more).
Well, of course, if the author mentioned the application, then he likes it and he considers it the most convenient of its kind.

Rep: (30)
So you bought a phone with a green little man on board and with htc letters on the case. A lot of people have switched from other platforms and are not blowing, what programs to install and how. I will try to suggest:
1. First of all, we open the Market on our super-duper machine and drive in the search for the word "file manager" -voyal, and you already see a bunch and a few programs with which you can install subsequent applications. For my part, I recommend eitherEStrongs File ExplorerorAstro file manager. Actually, there is almost no difference between a simple user, i.e. me, so choose at random or by reading the relevant forum topics. Established, glad. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. In the phone, go to "settings", then "applications" and put a tick in front of the item "unknown sources"
Now we can put the program by downloading files .apk (hint: files are downloaded from this forum, they are at the bottom of each of the cap for a particular program, click on the name of each of the programs in my post and go into the topic of the program) on a computer and throwing to them on the phone (or rather your phone's memory card). And to hell with the market, we do not was given. To do this, take the usb cable that was lying idle for the time being, one end into the computer and the other into the phone. On the screen of your beloved creations htc icon appears, confirming that the phone and PC are connected. Choosing a connection method "drive" (if it does not appear, you need to swipe your finger from the top of the screen down and select in the status bar connection method, well, then you understand Yeah, yeah -. "Drive")
After a while, the computer (or laptop that you have there) will see the phone as a connected flash drive. Now you can throw. Apk-shki on the memory card. By dropping the .apk files of the selected programs (I will point out the programs below) to the memory card Turning off the memory card, for this: either choose the connection method "only charging" in the status bar of the phone, or press the computer to remove the memory card (as with any other flash drive)
2. Let's get down to the actual set of programs.
a) Alarm clockAlarm klock- excellent, non-buggy and simple alarm clock, a pity without the Russian language. Fell in love for negligence and simplicity.
b)balancerobot-program with which you can see the cash balance of your SIM card. Convenient and practical.
c) ReadersFetterorAldico- Fb reads more formats, Aldiko comfortably and prettier.
d) BrowsersDolphin(for Wi-Fi) andmini opera(for 3g or edge or gprs) - Dolphin burns and eats, well, almost a desktop replacement, but it eats a lot of traffic. Opera mini is ... this is opera mini. Eats a little, and this is important.
d) Messenger (I mean ICQ) - eitherIM +either ... oh well IM +. I like it more than others, and this is my list: P
e) Music playerPlayer Pro- A convenient player with the ability to play by folder and beautiful appearance. True, without an equalizer and reading Russian tags.
g) Video playerRock player- reads avi, dvix and other crap, I mean, you have the opportunity to look at the brazenly downloaded e-cards from torrents.
h) Program for SMS managementHandsent sms- A substitute for the standard program for SMS. Convenient sorting, appearance settings, high speed
and)Calculator- Good old Citizen or Casio, or who had it. Sales burst into tears from nostalgia.
k) Office Editor -document, convenient opening and editing of office files, support for new offices.
Enough for now. Let me remind you that this set is only for htc phones.

Rep: (525)
I decided to make a listMust have software in my opinion. The message was created in this thread, because I thought that it would help many people to choose something proven from experience from the list of the best.imhosoftware.
I spent a lot of time searching for exactly what I need. First on HTc Legend now on SGS. And at the moment, completely satisfied with the functionality and the total number of useful applications in all situations.

Screenshots of how to manage all this good order. The entire interface was assembled and drawn in parts by hand.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

So. I will list by category.

Multimedia

FBReader- the most convenient reader, attracted by an abundance of functions and settings, managed to adapt for easy reading.
Photoshop Express- I mainly use for photo cropping, and chrome-white effect.
Soundhound- I love diverse music, and always get lost in the names and performers, very useful applications for such situations.
IMDb- I'm an eerie film fan, and often wonder what else to look.
Standard Samsung player. Very comfortable.

Office applications

ThinkFree Office- without documents in MS Office format anywhere. The most convenient editor and viewer.
Realcalc- Convenient calculator for any situation.
Memoires- The best "notepad", with a bunch of features and a beautiful interface.
Google Translate - When there is no PC at hand. You have to keep 2 languages ​​in your head, not always successfully.

System utilities

Activity Express Taskmanager- New task manager from the genre of "nothing extra", very convenient.
ADBWireless- I'm used to working with files and firmware of the device via adb. No wires at all a fairy tale.
Appbrain- Online backup applications. There is no other.
Astro file manager- I use mainly for backup applications from the market on a PC.
HomeSwitcher- Switch between launchers.
RootExplorer- Best su file manager.
Shootme- taking screenshots by vstahivaniem.
Swiftp- FTP server to phone memory. Conveniently, at work to distribute files.
Terminal emulator- Terminal, no comment.
AppInstaller- Installing .apk from phone memory.

"Street" software

Navigon- Navigation. Convenient enough for Europe. Easy to install.
Google Maps + StreetView + Google Navigator + Locator - convenient for walking and just planning a route.

All kinds of Internet software

FaceBook + Twitter + Vkontakte - social network.
iMO- Clint for ICQ, GTalk and Skype. The only one not showing the "crocodile".
Dolphin Browser- Very convenient browser, Manage gestures at a height.
NewsRoom- News reader in RSS format.
Google goggles- Recognizes English text, bar and bar codes, places, things and more.
Gmail is a standard email client, quite convenient.
- Client for forums, sorry does not support the formatsavagemessiahzine.com.

User interface

LauncherPro- The best launcher with the possibility of detailed cost-sharing.
Folder organizer- The screenshots show why it is needed.
Beautiful widgets- heavy, but the best watch in the style of HTC Sense
SwitchPro Widget- Switches of phone functionality.
Widgetlocker- Screen blocker with a lot of settings.
Battstatt- Text widget batteries.
Pure grid calendar- Calendar widget with a bunch of settings, but clumsy and ugly in appearance.

From the rest of the software, I can add only a flashlight, the most common one that includes a backlight at 100% with a white background. And Quadrant Standard is a benchmark that I launched only immediately after installing the firmware to check the speed.

From the rest, if I did not indicate something, then I use the stanadrt software from the firmware.

If you have questions, ask in the LAN, I will be glad to answer.

Post has been editedMean122 - 18.11.10, 02:24

Rep: (12)
Attached Image
Attached Image

So comrades, here is my essay on the topichow I spent this summerWhat software I think is the best and without which you just can not do.

I will list the programs in alphabetical order, they drove:
Applanet - An analogue of the market with a free version. Lovers of free software is dedicated.
Astro - A convenient file manager that works smartly, without any complaints.
Barcode scanner - Barcode Scanner. Very convenient for example for downloading applications fromsavagemessiahzine.comusing QR codes.
Bluetooth File Transfer - a program for convenient transfer files on bluetooth.
Convertpad - on the forum for some reason I did not find this program, but the program is useful - a very multifunctional converter of various units of measurement. The vastness of the units and the various entities is simply amazing.
Documents To Go - The best viewer / editor of office documents (Word, Excel, etc.) and a PDF viewer.
Dolphin Browser HD - A good browser with a more user-friendly interface than the standard one.
Extended controls - A handy customizable widget to control and enable / disable heaps of various phone functions (see the second screenshot above).
Fancy Widget 1.3.0 - A great clock widget + weather. It is important that version 1.3.0 is used. in it, unlike later versions, the watch is not cut as in the HTC Sense interface.
Gentle Alarm - the best alarm clock. Why? Read the program description.
GPS Status - Compass, level, GPS satellite locator, light meter and a whole lot more. Have on the phone everyone!
Home switcher - A simple and convenient program to switch homescreens.
LauncherPro Sense Mod - a great Homescreen, converted for the HTC Sense interface (see the second screenshot above).
PicSay Pro - An excellent graphics editor with lots of features.
PowerAMP - the best music player on Android. Point.
Rock player - A good omnivorous video player.
Shazam - It was at least once that you heard a cool song on the radio, but did not know who performs it and what is it called? With this program, you can simply bring the phone to the speaker and it recognizes what the song is.
Shootme - make screenshots of shaking phone or voice.
Speedsense - speedometer. And that's it.
System info widget - widget display of battery charge, its temperature, free RAM, ROM, space on SD.
Uninstaller - as the name implies, a program for removing software, live wallpapers, widgets and everything else. There is no on the forum, pick up from the market.
Vignette - A handy camera with effects.
Visual task switcher - A great program for easy switching between running programs. I recommend to everyone.
Websharing - A very convenient program for transferring files from a computer to a phone and vice versa. Unlike analogs, it does not require installation of any software on the computer. Just connect the phone and computer to the same Wi-Fi network, enter the address of the phone in the browser and go ahead. All phone files at a glance.
Widgetlocker lockscreen - custom lockscreen with the ability to display widgets (see the first screenshot above).
Yandex maps - we install a program, download the cache cards of the region we need from the site (see the program topic) and we get a very good offline city map with a convenient interface. By the way, in all navigators with laying the route, I was disappointed. They pave the routes so crookedly that their eyes are on their foreheads ... so I consider Yandex maps to be the best navigation application, the absence of laying a route doesn’t harm them at all.

Rep: (0)
Bought Motorola Milestone XT720 have been happy for 2 weeks
my gentleman's set of free applications selected during this time
browser - opera mini
communication - skypu, icq
GPS Navigation - Navitel (available in the forum on the market) and Yandex maps
Player - RockPlayer
Internet TV - Crystal TV
Games - Angry Bird, Shess
55 MB free of internal memory

I look forward to upgrading to 2.2. I hope that it will be possible to watch via HDMI on AVI TV movies from a standard player
What other super apps have I missed?

Rep: (14)
Programs
ES file manager - the best file manager
3banana - the best notes
Opera mini - the best browser
Pic Say pro - the best graphics editor
Titanium backup - the best backup applications
Google goggles - the best help to the student with the translation of the text into Russian on a photo
Google translator - the best help to the student with the translation of the text into Russian
Cachemate for root user - the best cache cleaner
aTrackDog - the best search for updates
Gmj - the best newspaper
Root explorer - the best file system file manager
Launcher Pro - the best launcher
Bogr - the best reading bash
Shazam is the best trackid for android

Widgets
BalanceRobot - the best balance widget
Beautiful Widgets - the best weather clock widget (IMHO)
VKontakte widget - the best VK widget
Launcher Pro Widgets

Games
Armored Strike - tanchiki, choose the angle, force, etc.
Balda - the best noodle by LG
Chalky - with physics
Shot U! - with physics
Super Tumbler - with physics
Space Physics - with physics
Spaghetti Marshmallows - with physics
Angry Birds - with physics

Rep: (0)
I use OsmAnd for navigation - OpenStreetMap maps, recommended applicationOsmand
Selection of renders, laying a route for auto-cycling. Able to write tracks. POI, voice guidance.
For tracking I use MyTracks.
To test GPS-signal GPSTest - the number of satellites, signal strength, positioning accuracy, speed, time, altitude.

Rep: (11)
In order not to repost - all at once - A set of programs plus the most necessary information.
Questions beginner (Post # 6049356)

Rep: (11)
In continuation of the post above:

From posts with several programs I chose for myself:
- replacement of SMS messenger -GO SMS- from a dynamically developing office
- desktop replacement -Go launcher- from the same office, constantly updated, there is Russian. interface
- Music player -PowerAMP- great sound quality, paid
- Video Player -Rocklayerbase- fast, smart, plays large files
- Navigator -iGO My way 2009 - [Android OS]- classic

Post has been editedvovo1000 - 30.12.10, 19:38

Rep: (1139)
List of necessary programs for android

Motorola Defy - Discussion (Post # 6104487)

Post has been editedmainbord - 02.09.12, 23:10

Rep: (558)
I bring to your attention my own selection of programs that run without problems and work on HTC Gratia (Android 2.2, PCT, without root)

EStrongs File Explorer - file manager. Many people prefer Astro, I like this one more in terms of functionality and appearance. Installed from the market, all other programs have already been downloaded from the site and installed manually.
Attached Image

BalanceRobot - A great mobile balance widget. Well-designed settings, several options for the widget - all that is required from such a program.
Attached Image

Rocklayerbase - when there is no time to convert video, RockPlayerBase comes to the rescue. Software decodes avi, hardware - mp4. He copes with his task + remembers the place where he stopped watching + supports subtitles (he hasn’t checked them himself yet). By the way, I convert movies into mp4 format with the program Android Video Encoder (aEncoder)

Colornote - A good program for notes (plain text and a list). You can display the widget on the screen - it helps a lot when shopping in the store.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Mobile Agent - in my opinion one of the best ICQ influencers. Conveniently, clearly, without unnecessary frills.

IMDb Movies & TV - Rescues when you want to find out information about the film (see the trailer, the cast, read interesting facts about the film).
Attached Image

FBReaderJ - one of the best readers for Android. While waiting for AlReader, I use it for now.

And in the end - a few games:

Angry birds seasons - classics of the genre. Great time killer.
Attached Image

Need For Speed ​​Shift - also a classic, good old NFS.
Attached Image

Softick Solitaire Klondike - after WM was missing this solitaire. According to the link version without ads.
Attached Image

Rep: (3)
So, I have been using the Samsung Galaxy Tab for almost a month now.
Actually, this is the list of installed software I have developed, and so far I am completely satisfied.

0. I try to perform as many functions as possible with standard applications. In simplicity is power!

0.1. post office -standard email. It completely suits me, you can answer, the frequency of loading is configured. I do not have a serious correspondence, so I am satisfied.
0.2. EBooks - I just spend not 3 minutes searching for a book, but five to search for it in the epub format.
0.3. The calendar - or just have not yet found something more convenient, or the truth suits. Now the semester will begin - if he succeeds in keeping my schedule, then I will definitely be happy
0.4. Notes - well, so far they are vigorously competing with a paper notebook.
0.5. Think free office - opens and edits all documents, including pdf.
0.6. Messages - well, SMS and all.

1. Next, the programs were installed on the principle of "what is really needed"

1.1. Opera - I didn’t like the standard browser at all; And this is somehow dearer
1.2. Ljbeetle - Learn our all
1.3. AG Russian Newspapers - has in itself links to pda-versions of popular Russian and world newspapers. Very handy program, simple - what is most important.
1.4. Rssdemon - picks up the Rss from Google.
1.5. Financisto - accounting of personal expenses. The program was chosen on the basis of the minimum cost of introducing a new line. (10 minutes spent to create a list of categories, and then everything is simple)
1.6. Class Buddy Pro - a program that I want to test as a training planner.
1.7. Quickpic - simple and convenient album for viewing photos
1.8. 3G watchdog - count traffic
1.9. AppRemover - removal of installed programs
1.10. ASTRO - file manager. I put it the very first, maybe it's more beautiful, but I'm already used to it.
1.11. QuickSSHd - A great program that offers access to the tablet via wi-fi.
1.12. Advanced task manager - unload unnecessary
1.13. Skype - guess what program?
1.14. iGO - there is a version for Galaxy S. not full screen. From what comes up on the CoPilot screen, but my city in it is three streets. iGO is a bit bigger.
1.15. Realcalc - calculator

2. Pleasant things for relaxation

2.1.Tank hero - sirvival mode saves even the most boring lectures
2.2. Crazy snowboard - a good snowboard, better still no.
2.3. NFS Shift - on the tablet looks amazing at all
2.4. Angry birds - holy of holies
2.5. Sudoku free - simple sudoku
2.6. Int. Snooker - 3D snooker, good graphics!

Rep: (156)
Best Alternative Browser
Dolphin Browser HD

Video player (avi no brakes and other video formats)
RockPlayer Universal Full

Posted on 02/15/2011, 11:18:

Normal internet radio
Tunein radio

reader
laputa
video demonstration

Posted on 02/15/2011, 11:28:

unit converter
Convertpad

Posted on 02/15/2011, 11:32:

PDF reader
ezPDF Reader

alternative to home launcher
ADWLauncher EX or
LauncherPro PLUSvideo demonstration

Posted on 02/15/2011, 11:43:

This is my personal opinion. I am not a curator of the topic.

Posted on 02/15/2011, 11:46:

navigation
Navitel
Ps. I do not post a link because it violates the forum rules if you need to write in HP

Attached files

Attached filedolphin_browser_mini_v1.0.apk(906.23 KB)
Attached filerockplayer_universal_v1.6.3_full.apk(5.01 MB)
Attached filetunein.player.apk(1.26 MB)
Attached filelaputa_book_reader_3.0.6.apk(2.46 MB)
Attached fileconvertpad_1.5.1_full.apk(696.89 KB)
Attached fileezpdf_reader_v1.0.17.2.apk(3.24 MB)
Attached fileadwlex122.apk(1.09 MB)
Attached filelauncher.v0.8.3.apk(2.36 MB)

Post has been editedW.Master - 15.02.11, 12:15

Rep: (156)
Gentleman's Software Kit for LG GT540

only better

Online programs
Browsers
Dolphin Browser HDfrom 2.1 and up
Opera Miniwith android 1.6 and up
Miren browserandroid 2.1 and up

Clients for social networks
In contact with
while c android 1.6 and higher the next version is 2.1 and higher
Skype for AndroidThe official Skype client for Android Android 1.6 - 2.3
Advanced facebook1.6 and higher
ICQLive
Mobile Agent

Online tv / radio
spb tvgood online tv
Tunein radiogreat internet radio with multiple channels android 1.6 and up

Electronic readers and RSS
Electronic readers
Laputa readerOnly epub page turning effect is supported as in ibooks. 100% working on 2.3 on 2.1 does not work!
Moon + ReaderSupport fb2.zip, txt, html, epub, umd files interface similar to
ezPDF Reader
Cool reader
FBReaderJsupports formats such as oeb, epub, fb2 can read voice android 2.1-2.3

RSS feed
Google reader
gReader Pro
Scrollable News Widgetnice widget rss
BlueRSSRSS / Atom reader with support for offline viewing, images, audio and video

Office
Picsel Smart Officeviewing and editing office documents
Convertpad
Ultimate voice recorderThe program for recording voice notes, conversations -android 2.1-2.3

Management optimization
File managers
EStrongs File Explorerexcellent ratio of functionality and design
® Root Explorerone of the best file managers with the ability to view system files

Archivers

Desktop
ADWLauncher EX
LauncherProandroid 2.1-2.3
TouchWiz 3.0Launcher port, which is installed by default on the latest Samsung devices
Go Launcher EX

Input methods
HTC Touch Inputbeautiful and very comfortable keyboard
Swype - keyboardallows you to type words without taking your finger off the screen

Photo video filming

Security

Systemic
® SetCPUCPU frequency control android 2.1 and higher
AndroZip
Android tweakall settings in one program

Telephone part
Saymyname dessertIdentification and reading aloud caller 2.2-2.33 officer 2.1?
Dialer one
RD Mute (Post # 6699341)mutes the ringer when the phone is flipped

Navigation
iGO My way 2009 - [Android OS]
Maverick - [Android OS]tourism (on foot ... etc.), cards are cached on the card for offline use
Navitel Navigator - [Android OS]] Navitel Navigator - [Android OS] [/ url] android 2.1-2.3 because upload links and the navitel itself are prohibited by the rules in a personal email
Yandex.Maps - [Android OS]Allows you to work with offline maps and cache quite a lot of functionality.

miscellanea
AmonRadio Nanny for Android (Android 1.6 - 2.3)
ShazamRecognizes melodies, just hold the microphone (Android 2.1 - 2.2)
Applanetthe best alternative to android Market they are almost identical except that paid applications are free here
Widgets

Survey results:
best file manager
Root Explorer [34.82%]
ASTRO File Manager [70] [22.36%]
OI File Manager [4.79%]
EStrongs File Explorer [29.07%]
other [8.95%]

best browser
Dolphin Browser HD [11.5%]
Dolphin [4.15%]
Dolphin Browser Mini [7.99%]
Maxthon Mobile [0.32%]
Miren Browser [5.43%]
Opera Mini [39.62%]
Opera Mobile [9.9%]
Skyfire [4.15%]
Other [16.61%]

best navigation software (with offline maps)
iGO [11.18%]
iDA [0%]
Navitel [62.62%]
City Guide [2.56%]
other [23.32%]

do you use antivirus
Yes, and very happy [11.18%]
No, why? [82.43%]

Other issues:
Attached Image

Thanks Nico.van.Dao for help

Post has been editedmax2327 - 16.02.12, 12:12
Reason for editing: Making changes.

Rep: (837)
My "gentleman's set" of programs:

1. Office, finance.
Documents To Go- Viewing and editing documents * .doc, * .xls, * .ppt, as well as viewing * .pdf.
Picsel Smart OfficeandPolaris Office- mobile offices.
RealCalc Scientific Calculator- Engineering calculator (in the style of calculators Citizen).
Financisto- The program of financial management with ample opportunities.

2. Clock, alarm clock, reminder.
Alarm klock- Alarm clock with a smooth increase in the volume of the signal.
Kaloer Clock- "Night" clock and alarm clock.
ClockSync- Synchronize phone time with atomic clocks via NTP.
Digitalclockwidget- Widget for displaying a digital clock.
Remindme- A simple reminder of events.

3. Birthdays, calendars.
DarkBirthday Widget- Widget, shows upcoming holidays (from a file), birthdays (from a file and contacts of the phone book) and events and calendar.Files with all holidays of Russia.
Birthdays - Free- Widget birthdays and reminders (from the phone book). Became unnecessary, because atDarkBirthday WidgetThis feature has appeared.
Smooth calendar- Calendar widget that displays a list of scheduled desktop tasks.

4. System applications.
AppRemover- Quick removal of installed programs.
SystemApp Remover- Remove system applications.

Titanium backup- Backup of applications and user data (sms / mms / contacts).

Tasker- Powerful scheduler. Perform actions on various events.

5. Task managers.
Advanced task killer- Close applications running in the background, in one click.
Systempanel- Task manager, information on CPU usage, shared memory, network traffic.

6. Desktop (replacement).
ADWLauncher EX- New desktop from the creator of ADW.Launcher. Very beautiful with many options and themes. No grouping of applications and their own widgets.
Go Launcher EX- High-quality launcher with the ability to create folders in the program menu and grouping applications.
LauncherPro- High-quality launcher with a lot of settings that has its own widgets, like Sense-vskih.

7. File managers.
ASTRO File Manager- File manager with the ability to backup applications.
Root explorer- File manager for Root users.

8. Security.
Dr.Web- Dr.Web for Android.

9. Internet.
Opera Mini- Simple quick browser. Does not work with java.
Data Counter Widget- Display information about the total traffic GPRS / 3G and WiFi.
DroidWall- Firewall for Android. You can allow unlimited access of applications to the Internet via WiFi and limit access via GPRS / EDGE / 3G.
savagemessiahzine.com- Client to view the sitesavagemessiahzine.com
Aquamail- New mail program for Android (formerly called AndroMail).

10. Multimedia.
PowerAMP- A very high-quality player that reads folders with an equalizer.
Rocklayerbase- Video player.
Audiomanager widget- Adjust the volume of calls, notifications, alarm, music, system sounds, conversation.
Headset Button Controller- Manage your music player with one-button (or 3-button) headset. You can program 1/2/3 / 4th and long press the Play / Pause key. You can switch tracks, adjust volume, run applications and use tasksTasker.

11. Work with images.
Quickpic- Quick and easy image viewer with multitouch. The best replacement for the Gallery.Auto Orientation with Tasker.
Barcode scanner- Barcode scanner and BB code.
Shootme- Taking screenshots and videos by shaking, sound or from light. Different formats.

12. Navigation (GPS).
Navitel Navigator- The best off-line navigator with detailed maps.

13. Telephone part.
Contact Group Manager- Work with groups of contacts, the assignment of melodies, mass mailing.
Callend vibrate- Vibration of the phone at the end of the conversation.
DroidVibration- Set the vibration on the call, answer the call or end the call.
Call Waiting Configurations- Adjust the sound and type of notification of an incoming call / sms during a conversation.
Increasing ring- Program for a smooth increase in the volume of the call.

14. System information, tests.
CPU Test- Determines the type of processor.
DiskUsage / SD Card- Information about the amount of directories on the memory card.
SD card speed tester - A program to test the speed of a memory card.
Sensor List- Data from the accelerometer, magnetic field and orientation sensors, temperature sensor.
Quick System Info- Quick access to system information.

15. Various information.
YuniMobi- Online booking of places in cinemas, restaurants, etc.
E numbers- Information about food "E" additives.
Mobile Double GIS- Urban information directory.
Convertme- Converter more than 1500 units of measurement.
Gismeteo weather- Weather widget.
Yandeks.Pogoda widget- Weather widget. Shows the air temperature for today and tomorrow.

16. Other.
ButtonRemapper- Allows you to reassign the functions of hardware buttons.
Widgetlocker lockscreen- Lock screen with widget support.
Lock screen widget- Instant phone lock by pressing the widget on the desktop.
Screen off and lock- According to its purpose analogue of Lock Screen Widget, but it has a BIG plus that it is NOT a widget. Consequently, it can be run from programs like Tasker (for example, when flipping the screen down).
AppWidgetPicker- a small utility grouping a list of widgets (for third-party launchers).
Dual mount sd widget- When connected to a PC, the memory card is visible to both the PC and the phone.
SwitchPro Widget- Widgets for turning on and off many functions.

17. Synchronization with PC.
MyPhoneExplorer- Explorer for Android via USB and WiFi (does not require the SDK). He sees and can copy system files, but cannot write there.
QtADB- Your Android manager (ADB is built into the program). You can perform actions in system partitions, similar to Root Explorer, but from a computer.

My selection of the "perfect" weather widget:

Purpose: To find a program / weather widget that provides plausible information for my city (Krasnoyarsk). The standard sensovsky happens it shows ... And also the sensoi weather widget does not distinguish weather in the morning / afternoon / evening / night. And only shows "Low" and "High" temperature during the day. Which also adds confusion.

I personally checked several similar programs. Here I present brief conclusions about them.

Weather man- Takes information from Gismeteo, the data correspond to reality. The widget itself is too austere. Shows the forecast only for today and tomorrow. If there is no internet connection at the moment when the program updates the weather data (it is not known by what algorithm), then the widget shows zero temperature, and not data from the last communication session, which would be more logical. There is no manual weather update, only in time.

Barometer, weather clock, 10-day forecast and widgets from Elecont- The complete opposite of the previous one. A little too clever. Even scary to bet!

Weather forecast widget v2, Snowstorm, Beautiful widgets, Fancy widget pro- Apparently, they take information from the same place, from where the Sens weather widget, which is not true. The difference can reach 10 pounds!

Yandeks.Pogoda widget- I liked the program, but the weather "podviraet" in my opinion.

Stopped while onGismeteo weatherin a compartment withWeatherpro
Not exactly what I would like, but bezrybyi ...

A bunch of all programs a la Weather_forecast_widgets of different authors and versions take the weather from one source - not very truthful. By design, most liked weather_forecast_v12.2 with a clock in the style of a sensation. Other versions have other watches.

All programs checked by me:

Weather & Toggle Widget
Beautiful_Widgets_3.241.RU.apk
com.ermesjo.yr.apk
Snowstorm_v2.4.032.apk
weather_forecast_v12.2.apk
Weather_forecast_widgets_v2_2.6.6.apk
weather_widget_unlocker.apk
WeatherPro_1.0.1.apk
WeatherPro_v1.1.0_en.apk
WheaterMan_1.1.5.apk
Weather from Gismeteo_1.2.apk
Yandeks.Pogoda widget_1.0.apk

Adding the Call and End buttons to Desire.

With the help of the programButtonRemapperI reassigned the Seach button (loop) to Call, and the Power button to Call End. The properties of both buttons are WAKE_Dropped.
Now it works like this: when the phone is locked, if the Sense-blocker of the screen is used, I press Seach - the screen lights up, but it does not unlock. I tried the properties of Konka and WAKE and WAKE_Dropped. Standard blocker does not pass. Those. when the phone is locked, you first need to wake him up - 2 times a trackball.

Solved the problem as follows: installed an alternative screen blockerWidgetlocker lockscreen. Now, with the device locked, press Seach - the screen lights up, press the last time for the 2nd time, press the last call for the 3rd time, and the last number will ring for the last time.

On the unlocked phone: press Seach - the dialer opens, once again Seach - the call to the last number. Once again, Seach - call hold, if the long Seach is a speakerphone.

I press Power - the call is interrupted (Call End). Once again Power - the phone is blocked. Those. putting on the Power Call End, I have the old function of the key and break the connection!

And when an incoming call, to answer just press Seach, and to reset - Power. And do not drive a finger across the screen.

Pancake! Conveniently how it became!

Post has been editedskunsofob - 13.11.11, 16:49
Reason for editing: corrected list of programs

Rep: (2)
10 programs for Android, which I constantly use when traveling.

The very choice of electronics for travel is the subject of a separate large article. On now let's agree that you have a communicator or tablet with Android OS.

In the process of the semi-annual relocation of Southeast Asia, I have developed a fairly standard set of applications that make life easier. The phone itself is Google Nexus One, not “root”, so the purchase of applications is tightly blocked (a pity).

All links are given on the android market, so if you have a device and a Google account, you can install them remotely.

1. Compass
Unobvious, but very useful thing. Very often you come to the city, buy a map, open it and ... do not understand where to go, because you do not know where you are. With a compass, determining your location is greatly simplified. As it turned out, it works great on cellular towers, but with gps it is generally excellent.

2. Currency Converter
ProgramWorldmategenerally made for travelers, but a really useful feature in it is a currency converter. Compares in real time the 3 currencies that you select, the course data loads from the Internet.

3. Reader for books
Thanks to this program, I read most of the books of Tom Clancy, translated into Russian. Each in volume - like a Harry Potter tom. There are a lot of readers, but I stopped atFBReader- The main format .fb2, specially sharpened for reading from the screen. Separate Respect to the Author - frequent updates, constant improvements

Original and continued online

I don’t know if I chose the topic correctly, but I didn’t find other “news” topics :(

Rep: (1)
Like a selection ofDmitry .
My selection: Differs that is based onsimplicity and minimalism neat and tasteful. Basically, everything is sharpened by Google for synchronization, so most programs are standard.

Programs:AlarmClockExtreme, Camera360, ESfileExplorer, Mag flashlight, Googletranslate, Note pad, Opera mini, PicselSmartOffice, Redialer, Fbreader, Vplayer, CalculatorWidget. The calendar will be left sewn, although I don’t like it, it perfectly synchronizes with Google, you can get birthdays there, which will never be lost anyway. And do not need to putEbobirthdaywhich many like.
From toys I fell in love with myselfAir control, the rest:Sky force reloaded , Plants vs Zombies, Archipelago, Guns'n'glory, Hexdefence(Favorite ), Robo defense .
In the selectionnot included the program for working with OSes and Root rights, there a lot depends on the phone itself.
Progs weigh approximately 35 MB. The main "weights" - picsel smart office, Camera360, ES file Explorer.

In a scan of explanation:: blush:
Revising the entire catalog of programs, and sorting through all the programs proposed in this topic, came to this conclusion: The simpler, the better.
People, installing a program similar to the base, do not remove stitched. Why keep them in the device, if you decide that the cooler alternative!? Mail on all screenshots can see it. I was very pleased with 2 calendars, 3 file managers :), etc. Well, okay, to each his own.
My programs:
AlarmClockExtreme - without excess pribombasov performs its function effectively, while spending a minimum of resources, for which I respect it.

Camera36 0 - Of course, as an alternative to FXcamera, but I like this more (And do not listen to those who commented on it in topic , everything works there, the program does not eat memory and is unloaded as it should!).

ES file explorer - Still, Astro won, whatever one may say, left it, although Astro's design is more like it, it may be used ...

Mag flashlight - Well, why do you need these Cop flashers, traffic lights, etc.? You can put, play, but in order not to litter the bodies, I advise you to put something in a simpler way. Who needs "show off" - buy an Iphone. I need a flashlight from the flash - Put MagFL, comrade.

Google translate - sometimes for me personally needed.

Note pad - again, you need a text editor, put it. Why have a notebook for notes with a bunch of bells and whistles. And this is the easiest, most convenient, and weighs a minimum (personally tested all notebooks).

PicselSmartOffice - It is still the best text editor. It weighs a lot, it does not work as fast as we would like, but it performs its function by 100%, only some of the templates are worth. All others - either do not read more than 100 pages, or are inconvenient to use, or do not read the necessary formats .... Sacrifice performance due to functionality.

Opera mini - The eternal argument niochem. Want a dolphin - put, like opera - put. By the way, I tested the Opera and the wired browser: they load the pages in the same way, but the opera saves them in the cache, which during the second download speeds up the download significantly. Sewn deleted, opera mast hev. Dolphin just does not like the design.

Redialer - suddenly found for myself, clicked - rang. A minimum of actions - maximum benefit, simple and convenient. 50-70 percent of users will agree with me that most often we call constantly 4-8 people, the rest less often. So why not display them on the screen as a widget, and keep the rest in the address book. It weighs a lot, for many it may not be suitable, but there is an alternative - Smart call widget which weighs very little, there are skins, and also works (Stood before).

Fbreader - I like his work, but nevertheless it is better to buy a normal book reader to save my eyes and more conveniently, at least in terms of the screen.

Calculator widget - funny story. I tested all the calculators, and I understood: why do I need trigonometric formulas and so on. I needed a simple calculator with a minimum weight on the device, and, the main thing is the +/- button, which many do not have (including stitched). You can, of course, press -5 + 7, for example, but for me it is important. Widget is placed on all A screen page that for many is problematic. Then I can offer, as an alternative - Cube calculator which also weighs a little, and performs basic functions, more beautifully sewn. Many take the Scientific calculator, but I don’t need it.

Vplayer - Santa droid 16 talked about the .mkv player. I think this copes with the tasks.

Special attention deservesTask Manager. there isgood articleon the forum with which I agree. And if I need to kill a certain prog (which happens quite rarely), I simply use the Task manager sewn into the new official Motorola 2.2.1 firmware (English), which also contains useful navigation software: Places, Navigation, Latitude. Yandex maps are also good. In the future I will try to test. I have old scores with navigation :).

It is advisable to hear criticism, suggestions and other reviews. Thank. : thank_you:

Rep: (5)
Connection
Dialer \ Contacts - GO Dealer \ GO Contacts
SMS - GO SMS Pro
the Internet
Browser - Dolphin Mini
IM - Mail agent
Mail - Gmail and standard
Torrents - Swarm
Podcasts, RCC - PodTrapper, gReader pro
Multimedia
Audio - PowerAmp and MortPlayer, Shazam, Free Music Download, mp3Tagger pro - for batch editing of tags (well audioboost.zip;))
Video - Mobo Player
Pictures - QuickPic
Documents
EReader - Moon + Reader Pro
PDF - ezPDF Reader
Quick office
Planning, organizers
Note Evereything, the standard calendar, alarm clock Xtreme - something as simple as 3 kopecks.
System settings
Superuser (for custom firmware of course)
SetCPU - perfect for an over tulza \ daunkloka with setting up profiles,
Battery Indicator Pro - information on charge, ostavshemya lifetime of the battery, alerts, logs, cidit in the top bar, eating little.
Spare Parts Plus - allows you to change hidden settings
AppMonster2, App2SD, Root Explorer, Unrar Pro, Wi-Fi Buddy
Beautiful
Simi Clock Pro, Simi Folder Pro - for me Masthev, not function, and nothing more accurately differ moderate appetite. Sometimes the mood widget BobClockD3
specific things
Smart Tools - measurement of all things
Flashlight Guglokarty, Claudia HTC_IME

Post has been editeddoozboo - 29.04.11, 13:12

Rep: (1)
And I share his delights in choosing software for your animal. 2.5 months ago I bought HTC Desire EU, which is now served me faithfully with the following masterpieces:
1. A smart uninstaller- a program to uninstall programs, including staff. I installed just to remove the latter. Root required.
2. AdfreeThe program for getting rid of honest users of senseless and relentless advertising. However, advertising is still there.
3. Advanced task killer- pretty handy thing, covering applications in one click.
4. arcMedia- omnivorous video player that bribed me with its minimalist design and the number of supported formats.
5. Business calendar- probably one of the most useful applications. As a representative of the office of plankton, I'm very jealous of your time. And the job involves a large number of meetings and events that are not very comfortable to hold in your head. In my opinion, this is the most functional calendar, in relation to which I have no complaints.
6. Cool reader- quite convenient for me to e-reader. Special does not stand out, but the books are read by means of it. That's enough for me.
7. DroidWall- The program stands out valiantly border offline, preventing varmint feel the taste of freedom in times of expensive mobile data traffic. However, during the time of socialism, mobile, I use it to restrict access to download advertisements in applications that do not require synchronization with third-party services.
8. ES File Explorer- I choose, guided by the principles of blondes: it prettier, and then set. I will not argue about taste, against Astro nothing bad to say I can not. The most important thing: I get access to the files, I can work with archives, I can go on the FTP. And the rest - a matter of taste.
9. Financisto- of course, with Cash Organizer can not be compared, but also performs its function well.
10. Handcent SMS- software for SMS / MMS messages. I put out of a desire to change something on your phone. I do not regret :).
11. Inkpad - another example of the principle of the blonde in action. Special boast this application to create notes can not. Can not be synchronized, but nice ^ _ ^.
12. Task list- another program designed to make life easier for office plankton. The program works with the tasks, there is the opportunity to work with both the folders and the whole spectrum of tasks. Theoretically able to sync with Google, but this item, in practice, I have not tested.
13. Google Translate - without comment.
14. Widget Locker- an excellent blocker of the screen that allows you to best of their ability vtyknut in the lock screen a bunch of extra svistelok. In particular, HTTsshnikam suffering, which is not available for quick launch button camera, a problem is solved by this bend.

Additionally, let me say that overall I am very pleased with the standard programs animal. So, I use from their programs:
Gmail - for fast mail delivery, ease of use and beauty;
Peep - for the interesting idea of ​​combining all the social networks in one widget HTC FriendStream;
Standard keyboard, dialer and contacts list would not trade for anything, for more convenient programs have yet to meet.
Facebook - for nothing :).

So, let's continue to share tasty programs!

Rep: (386)
PowerAMP
Description:
PowerAMP - a new powerful player for Android (2.1+)
- plays MP3, MP4 / M4A (including loseless ALAC), FLAC, OGG, WAV, TTA, WMA, APE / WV (some wma pro files may require NEON support)
- optimized 10 band graphic equalizer for all supported formats, a separate tone control, presets (presets) equalizer, the ability to edit and add presets for the purpose of songs / audio outputs.
- Play folders and system library
- dynamic queue
- View and Tag Editor
- 4 widget
- lokskrin with 2 types of widgets
- automatically download covers for songs
- scrobbling
- skins
- many settings
- and much more

Comment
The best player on the android!

® SetCPU
Description:
A program to control the frequency of the processor on an Android device in order to increase performance or increase battery life.
Of the features worth noting support profiles (when the screen is off while connecting charging at a certain% of the battery charge).
Program to work you need RUTH

Comment
It allowed me to increase the performance of my spark and prolong its operating time)

Setting Profiles
Description:
work with profiles. Manual activation / auto. simultaneously processing multiple profiles. Automatic activation of profiles based on battery status, location, event, time, calendar, incoming / missed call, the presence of the headset. There is a widget 1 * 1, the notification bar.

Comment
Zamorochennye bit. Sometimes incomprehensible logic first. By the program needs to get used to, but then it will delight you with their work!)

Post has been editedBlack_BG - 29.06.11, 09:39

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 29/07/20, 21:43