What is the best Windows in your opinion? | statistics collection and selection assistance
New survey, Windows 10 almost nine months with us
survey start March 25, 2016
Windows 10 [ 679 ] ** [39,07%]
Windows 8-8.1 [ 136 ] ** [7,83%]
Windows 7-Vista [ 762 ] ** [43,84%]
Windows XP and earlier [ 131 ] ** [7,54%]
I do not use Windows [ 30 ] ** [1,73%]
Total votes: 1738

Rep: (96)
We vote for the best version of Windows - we share our impressions and experience
Windows 10 | Windows 8.1 and 8 | Windows 7 | Windows vista | Windows xp | Windows server | Install Windows

Attached Image

When answering the topic, be sure to argue your opinion! ;) Otherwise, the message can be regarded as offtopic and deleted!

Survey results
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 30.08.18, 11:52

Rep: (79)
Vasay.ru @ 2.07.17, 23:52*
ulmart.ru
Vasay.ru @ 2.07.17, 23:52*
others, however, tabs. For the purity of the experiment, it will be necessary to repeat with the same)
CPU utilization 3% !!!!!

This is yulmart's curve lol site

Rep: (140)
FoxFox4444 @ 03.07.17, 00:16*
This is yulmart's curve lol site

Crooked, I agree ... But somehow, for opera, he is not a problem (this, incidentally, is not Core i5 2430M with 8GB of RAM, and a tablet with Atom and 4GB of RAM):
Attached Image

Post has been editedvasay.ru - 03.07.17, 00:49

Rep: (43)
Vasay.ru @ 07/02/2017, 22:52*
the opening speed of the browser depends on the drive speed.
exactly! When I put on too linups iron, I have magically changed drive speed!
Vasay.ru @ 07/02/2017, 23:49*
But for some reason, it's not problems for Opera
probably because the web programmers dopilivat sites separately for each browser, so they work in different ways.

Post has been editedGoplex - 03.07.17, 11:11

Goplex @ 03.07.17, 11:09*
exactly! When I put on too linups iron, I have magically changed drive speed!

I have not changed anything. All on the SSD opens instantly. The HDD little longer ...

Goplex @ 03.07.17, 11:09*
probably because the web programmers dopilivat sites separately for each browser, so they work in different ways.

In the best case, make mobile and desktop version.

EDGE is a problem in the fact that his scripts in background tabs Spahr full. While normal browser suspend, slow down ... leaving only important thing - push notifications, music playback. Yes, and to EDGE memory even more voracious than the Fire Fox.

Rep: (10)
Good afternoon! Tell me, I got a question for reinstalling home 7. Here I want to try installing Windows 10.
Computer using photo and video processing, Internet surfing.
Configuration: Intel I-5-3450, 8GB RAM (I will soon increase to 16GB), ASUS 7950-HD video, SSD CRUCIAL M4 256GB

The question of whether to move to 10-a-boo or simply reset the 7-a-boo?

Pascale @ 05.07.17, 13:25*
The question of whether to move to 10-a-boo or simply reset the 7-a-boo?

If you pass on the fair (ie buying, provided that you have not booked in time free upgrade), it is not worth it 11-15tr worth Win10Pro (Home is not worth taking - dokanali nondisconnectable force an upgrade).

If not completely honest ;-) - try. Opinions on the opposite it. Maybe you are looking for.

Rep: (10)
Vasay.ru @ 05.07.17, 16:53*
If not completely honest

Thanks, I will try.
And you are able to tell whether I can install Win10 from a USB drive? thank

Pascale @ 05.07.17, 15:05*
And you are able to tell whether I can install Win10 from a USB drive? thank

You can even download the utility from the MS site to create the installation USB Key (provided that you have a product key)
https: //www.microsoft ...are-download/windows10

Rep: (1306)
Strictly on the topic: 7 VS 10!
IMHO 7 is more stable, manageable, responsive (everything is smartly becoming, despite the lifting of all settings to her by third-party means is not killed). 10 - a capricious, unfinished by the owner of the computer system (she herself lies something and spits on the owner, and when trying to curb it and fall off).
but. In 10 there is something that is not in 7 (and will not).tyts. Otherwise, it would be left at 7.

Rep: (1899)
Slava733 @ 07/02/17, 12:07*
Plus a dozen with supposedly disabled transmitting modules, constantly has some network activity.

And are you so afraid? Get used to that any product, the site conveys information.

kosta26 @ 05.07.17, 17:43*
And are you so afraid? Get used to that any product, the site conveys information.

So he was still at the time of the collection of information manages good shipping system, especially the HDD (because 10-ka without the SSD is not particularly comfortable to use, even for a relatively powerful hardware):
pay attention to the process Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry, which is not little ship drive. This is just a spy MS - Windows service that collects data about the user's actions on the computer: which applications have been installed, which removed the information about browsing the Internet, log files running programs, devices. In this case, everything that could disable an official way - I'm disabled.

And as in this screenshot interesting memory consumption EDGE processes and Opera.
I took a page with more photos:http://forum.awd.ru/vi...8e8a53ce33a5649e6a0c6a. Opened in EDGE and Opera (besides this page is nothing in the browser is not open. Page Scroll up and down progruz all photos). Memory usage of browsers in the screenshot.
In fairness - if EDGE is not to touch a few minutes - then its memory usage will drop to 280mb. But it is necessary to touch him - again fly to 500MB.
In Opera also consumption is reduced, if not touch, but on a smaller scale.
Attached Image

Post has been editedAlexanderL - 17.07.17, 00:26
Reason for editing: Pictures under spoiler

Rep: (44)
I have installed Win10 1703 on SSD, Win10 1607, Win7, Linux Mint 18.2, Ubuntu 17.04, Android 5.0 on HDD. + In VMware WinXP and Win98. Wine 10 was installed WIN8.
So I can compare in full.
Win10 - Recent Security Updates, DX12, Drivers for New Iron, Support UEFI + GPT, supports the latest versions of all software, among the Metro-expansions there are interesting, which have no desktop analogues.
Win8 - is focused on tablets, the desktop does not use a lot and the OS becomes uncomfortable.
Win7 - old programs and games that do not go to the win10, the games are slowing less (there are friezes on the win10, there is no on Win7)
Linux Mint 18.2 + Ubuntu 17.04 for the development and server functions.
WinXP and Win98- for quite ancient things
Android for applications that only on it, although it works something on the emulator

Post has been editedskiatest - 06.07.17, 16:42

Rep: (0)
Well, for me, xp, and 7. 10 Winda asks Smoke Questions, then does everything in his own way, and everyone has to drop) :)

Rep: (380)
Probably the best window in history - 95))
But now it is unlikely to be able to use, so 8.1 - as a reasonable compromise between 7 and 10)

Rep: (1)
I choose Windows 8.1, I have been using it for 3 years and there was no problem. In Windows 10, there are some nuances that do not suit me (in particular sound microfreed when watching a video).

Rep: (1899)
I do not know, 10 at the moment the optimal solution, in the presence of drivers. It works fine, the chips are needed, which makes this system comfortable.

Rep: (18)
7ka - the most successful (in my opinion) product of the company, but I love everything modern, so I sit on 10k. And I do not understand those people who say that 10k is the worst system and generally dull shit.

Rep: (16)
Win10 flies well on an old man. 1Gig RAM, single-core 2.1 GHz, video memory 256 MB.

Rep: (206)
Vova_23 This a joke?
In 1GB RAM, the unintellible part of the OS + mandatory normal antivirus (KAV or Dr.Web) cannot be placed.
It is necessary to at least 2GB RAM ... otherwise it will be permanently swap-ohms!

In addition, take it off with time to incredible sizes due to endless updates.
And over time, she begins to slow down very much. This was especially brightly manifested on Windows XP - OS from MS with the longest period of active operation (so far it is used!).

I consider the minimum for modern operating systems MS (starting with Win XP and above, bypassing the Win Vista): 2Gb RAM + Core 2 Duo.

Post has been editedmkudritsky - 16.07.17, 15:37

Rep: (199)
* mkudritsky It works fine on a netbook with almost the same characteristics as that of a friend above.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 31.10.20, 15:33