What is the best Windows in your opinion? | statistics collection and selection assistance
New survey, Windows 10 almost nine months with us
survey start March 25, 2016
Windows 10 [ 667 ] ** [38,98%]
Windows 8-8.1 [ 133 ] ** [7,77%]
Windows 7-Vista [ 752 ] ** [43,95%]
Windows XP and earlier [ 129 ] ** [7,54%]
I do not use Windows [ 30 ] ** [1,75%]
Total votes: 1711

Rep: (96)
We vote for the best version of Windows - we share our impressions and experience
Windows 10 | Windows 8.1 and 8 | Windows 7 | Windows vista | Windows xp | Windows server | Install Windows

Attached Image

When answering the topic, be sure to argue your opinion! ;) Otherwise, the message can be regarded as offtopic and deleted!

Survey results
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 30.08.18, 11:52

Rep: (250)
W7
I sit on it from the first beta - very stable, fast and comfortable;)

Also a voice for "Windows 7"

Unprecedented stability, convenience and speed without any service packs

Rep: (319)
XP and I would add sp2, sp3 I do not like
reasons are commonplace. I need OS for work, not entertainment. only in my name everything works and there is a feeling of confidence in my working tool .. there is not always time to experiment with new axes. Yes, and grief from the failed often kill the desire to "nove"

I'm happy with XP. I lived with her. (I note in parentheses that I sit a lot and from under the machos tigers and leo on the native macintosh, it’s like a replica that I’ve not only seen Windows in my life .. :))

Rep: (139)
Voted for Seven. After the last demolition of Winda, it was so depressing to rearrange XP, that I decided that finally it was time to keep up with the times (and at the same time put into operation the fourth gig of RAM, which was not previously recognized because of 32bit). In general, everything suits - only the Taskbar is kind of strange.

unrealwolf
but for me it is very convenient - especially with a lot of open windows and applications

Rep: (588)
voted for 7-ku, although there are somebut .

Post has been editedMissAlenka - 23.10.09, 23:04
Reason for editing: ochepyatka

Rep: (1106)
XP! A real breakthrough from Microsoft, for the first time managed to combine multimedia and game support - from the Win 9x series and reliability and security - from the NT series! Recall when she came out and is still alive!
7 is not bad, but it is not a breakthrough .... and really a lot BUT ....

Post has been editedkonvas - 24.10.09, 00:47

Rep: (1328)
I love when beautiful and comfortable. :) 7-ka, naturally. XP is sad with its interface and usability. Vista is slow, compared to 7. I don’t notice any problems with the software, although I use many specialized programs. The choice is made)

P.S. About the fact that, hanging on XP a bunch of crutches - you can get 7-ku, say no, it is not)

Rep: (1409)
only 7.

Rep: (108)
Windows 7.

XP is of course also a good OS, but already old.

Rep: (21)
Definitely 7! Stability at altitude. Works great. It is on the BB and on the netbook - everywhere there are no complaints. And on the contrary, I like this taskbar much more. On the whole, there are many pleasant-looking and useful functions.

Rep: (280)
The best is the one that has not yet come out! :)
At the moment - 7-ka ...

Rep: (1364)
Unfortunately, I can’t answer for Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 98, Windows 95, but at the present moment, of course, the 7th one is the best, I use XP on two more beeches, because I don’t need it in principle, but I’m 7 struck by the performance . After Vista, this is of course a paradise for the PC user.

Rep: (106)
XP! A real breakthrough from Microsoft, for the first time managed to combine multimedia and game support - from the Win 9x series and reliability and security - from the NT series! Recall when she came out and is still alive!
7 is not bad, but it is not a breakthrough .... and really a lot BUT ....

+1, I don’t like the interface 7 .... The same KDE or GNOME are much nicer than IMHO ...

Rep: (198)
seven.

Rep: (330)
While XP.
As soon as they can normally run the Line on 7ke, I will move on.

Rep: (13)
I use XP, do not get my hands to potest 7, although the reviews are very even nothing) I will soon move on to seven.

Rep: (1328)
or gnome

No, Gnome is so clumsy)) Convenience, too, Gnome does not hold out. Somehow save docks, but also not so hot option. About the sneakers can not say anything.

Rep: (103)
Win 7 is so apparently driving. : tablet_za:

Rep: (7)
Windows 7.
XP did not like from the very first days. The computer is used very intensively, because the system quickly "wore out". And despite all the optimizations, timely cleaning, defragmentation - XP maximum lived 5 months.
The transition to Vista at one time shocked me - put "anyhow pozyrit", and lasted more than a year. The reason for the demolition was the transition to x64 (somehow, 4 GB of RAM suddenly appeared). x64 behaved the same way. Then I installed 7 wines, another build 7000, arranged for almost everyone (except for minor bugs). Now I sit on 7068.
On the 7600 did not switch because of the second monitor ... On it a friend became available max. Resolution 1280 * 720, instead of 1280 * 1024 ... At 7068 all the rules. This unit I noticed a bug (if someone came across a similar, or can help write in a personal).

Well, usability even in whist was much higher. I do not understand just why they removed the picture editing from Windows peepers in Win7? ...

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 09/09/20, 00:55