Overheating (?) Of the laptop - cleaning, maintenance and modification | Is it warming up or is it normal? Decision.

Rep: (0)
Laptop overheating! Cleaning and modifying the cooling system.

Attached Image

Good afternoon, dear forum users. I have never dealt with laptops, so I am very worried about my new Asus K40AB, which I bought the day before yesterday. The fact is that after 5–10 minutes of work (i.e., without running applications), very warm, almost hot air comes out of the vent hole at the back. After taking Everest's readings after half an hour of work, he gave me that the temperature of both CPU cores is about 52 degrees, and the temperature of the GP diodes is 58-60.

Having tested the laptop a little more, I came to the following result: During long work (4 hours, the laptop was on the table, I only worked in Windows) with a laptop connected to the network, the temperatures were the following:
CPU and 2 cores - 70 degrees, diodes rn - 80 degrees.
According to the testimony of Mount Everest (if it does not lie), the rotation speed of the CPU fan was 1100 revolutions. Tell me, do I have real reasons to be concerned about the overheating of the laptop?

useful links

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 15.09.18, 22:48
Reason for editing: reissue

Rep: (30)
Interested in the question, who cleans the thread of your laptop, thereby disassembling it, cleaning and collecting again? Is it necessary if there are no complaints about the work? If you need to clean, with what periods? If the topic was, sorry :)

Rep: (1409)
cosin @ 5.5.09, 22:03*
If you need to clean, with what periods?

until it gets warm and the blue screen does not fall out - then clean it)))

Rep: (34)
I carried my laptop to the appropriate office when I spilled tea on it and half the keyboard did not work: D
Cleared completely.
They took 400r.

In principle, you can do it yourself. According to the idea where dust / dirt accumulates?
In the clave, yes in the cooler. If the first is a bit more complicated, then the cooler is usually easier to access.

Rep: (1409)
No, I regularly want to clean the laptop, but due to the fact that it is just interesting for me to disassemble it, there is no real need, although the device is already more than a year old and I have a pet with which every day a kilogram of wool is poured ...

If you use a beech in a bed like me, then you need to clean the cooling air outlet regularly. Every 2 weeks I scoop out any dust and feathers from the beech tree. For this I use a vacuum cleaner. : happy:

Post has been editedDijf - 05.05.09, 21:48

Mechanical clave can be washed under water with a tap while pulling it out? :)

Rep: (47)
if you want to kill Claudia-rinse, I clean my beeches with a vacuum cleaner, it powerful sucks all the rubbish out of Claudia too, sometimes I disassemble it, but more often I just remember to put holes in all the holes and everything ... for the first time I remember when I put a new toy on , he began to warm up and cut down, blew, stopped ... all-nothing was enough for the result ..

Rep: (540)
I think everything depends on the laptop. There was a rover, it sucked in such a way that in a couple of months felt was formed on the cooler, felt boots could be made. Accordingly, overheating and the screen of death. Had to clean all the time. Now Vayo, the third year, was sorting out - nowhere is anything hammered. He sucks somehow differently :).

The vacuum cleaner can be powerful, removed the clavu, duck here under the insulating film, I understand, not only dust, but really a rubbish heap and it stuck to this film, sucking debris from the clavia with a vacuum cleaner is of course a good thing, but here’s the dirt the keys get clogged up, so you have to shoot each of them, it’s not very convenient to do that.

Rep: (335)
I’ve already cleaned it a couple of times. when it starts to get very hot - take a screwdriver and go. the cooling system is made stupidly - that's why it gets clogged. after cleaning it works faster and quieter.

By the way, I noticed a real increase in productivity after cleaning. I played in COD4 before - I just flew at maximum. But after 2 weeks of use in bed, he already started to slow down on a minemalc, after which he issued a screen of death.
I advise you to clean your animals regularly. More will be: D

Rep: (1703)
Colleagues, I will contribute to the discussion as a person serving computer equipment, among others.
Let's remember that in addition to the vacuum cleaner, there is special equipment for cleaning from dust and dry dirt - cans of compressed air. They look like sprays, a tube is supplied for access to hot places, the pressure is high enough and, most importantly, unlike a vacuum cleaner, there is practically no accumulation of static electricity on the equipment being serviced (vacuum cleaners often kill electronics if they are without special grounding).
Such cartridges are sold by office equipment dealers.
The only advice: if you are using such a cylinder for the first time and blowing the keyboard from the laptop, hold the keys with your other hand, because if the tube comes in at a good angle, the key can fly out. It's okay too, everything is latched, but nonetheless.

Post has been editedslimest - 06.05.09, 17:47

Um, I dismantled my acer 7110 today, to my surprise, for 2 years of operating it as a home computer, I did not find dust there, except on the fan o_O The radiator is also clean.

Rep: (19)
In general, in my laptops, once a year I try to make a complete replacement of the thermal interface, that is, I apply fresh thermal paste, and also write off the dust for about 8 years now, I have been sitting on the laptops and have changed a lot of them and not one has died.
True, it is possible to do these operations only to people with experience working with equipment; I myself remember when my first 233 sorted out half of the bolts turned out to be superfluous: D, but after 3 disassembled laptops nothing was built, by the way, the assembly procedure for disassembling the laptop helps to achieve peace of mind: D

Rep: (112)
By the way, I noticed - often metal parts are covered with some slippery rubbish (something like grease), apparently this is so that the parts are not oxidized while stored. So sometimes in the finished device such rubbish is. It looks like dust and sticks to it.

Although I may be mistaken.

By the way, I noticed - often metal parts are covered with some slippery rubbish (something like grease), apparently this is so that the parts are not oxidized while stored. So sometimes in the finished device such rubbish is. It looks like dust and sticks to it.

Although I may be mistaken.

I have never seen: blink:

I have never seen

Unfortunately, this is felt only when you take the part in hand, so it is not visible.

Unfortunately, this is felt only when you take the part in hand, so it is not visible.

Well, maybe on some models. In my asus this is not. : happy:

Well, maybe on some models. In my asus this is not.

Well, it is necessary to rejoice;).

That's the thing that can. I'm not saying that this information is 100 percent correct. I just expressed a thought.

o_O, I do not have this on my acere, I hooked on all that is possible, although there is not much of it, no “rubbish” was applied there O_O

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 13/08/20, 18:46