PC Cooling - Selection and Discussion | The choice of cooling the processor, graphics cards, fans, SJO, etc.

Rep: (2735)
PC cooling

Attached Image

Attention!
  • In this topic, choose cooling for the PC:Cooler for the processor, video card, fans, DSS and everything connected with it
  • The remaining components and assemblies inrelated topics
  • Overclocking discussion in the topic:Overclocking talk

Information necessary for selection
To select a processor cooler, specify:
  • Processor model
  • Motherboard model
  • Presence / absence of overclocking
  • Case model or the required height of the cooler
  • If RAM with high radiators - mention it
  • Shop, city, budget (currency of the desired store)

To select a liquid cooling system:
  • Exact models of all components that need to be cooled.
  • Exact case model

To select a video card cooler, specify:
  • Accurate and complete video card model
  • Board and housing model for evaluating free space around the map
  • If there are any expansion cards installed right behind the card, mention it

To select a fan in the chassis or power supply
  • Exact model of the case or photos of seats for fans
  • The exact model of the power supply and a photo of the sticker from a regular fan

Useful links on the topic
General background information on the topic:
Briefly about the types of cooling systems:
How to organize cooling in a gaming computer
  1. Cooling systems - from radiator to liquid nitrogen! Part 1
  2. Modeling airflows. The evolution of computer cases.
  3. Cooling systems - from radiator to liquid nitrogen! Part 2

Enclosure Fans

CPU coolers:
LSS (liquid cooling systems)

For video cards

For enthusiasts

Thermal paste

Articles on the organization:

Resources for self-searching information

https://www.google.com/
Topics on the choice of components

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedM | A | G - 26.11.20, 02:13
Reason for editing: How do the heatpipe cooling efficiency of the cooler: sawn ID-Cooling SE-224M

Rep: (39)
I wonder ... who needs such a cooling system?

Ndee question, well, in general, processors on Sandy Bridge-E, according to the statement of Intel itself, are heated ogogogo. and therefore need dropsy. For example, even on Asus Ares 2, this video card stands for water cooling, and it heats up yes 91 degrees or more! that's what water cooling is for! : dance:

Rep: (19)
I welcome dear forum users. In February, he assembled a new PC with an OctalCore AMD FX-8150 processor on the case 3 of the cooler 2 on the blower and one from the front. A standard box cooler copes with cooling, but it makes a lot of noise. I bought ZALMAN CNPS8000B. The temperature in GTA 4 in 15 minutes rises to 83 degrees. what is not good. I looked at CoolerMaster Hyper 612S but he is healthy. I'm afraid not fit. what do you advise? you need a well cooled and silent cooler.

Rep: (501)
kalqvados
On a working computer with cooling, the FX-8350 does wellZalman CNPS10X PERFORMA. At maximum speed it can be heard, but it is still much quieter boxed.

Rep: (2)
My new computer (or rather, the new cooler) came in handy, as the old one doesn’t cool down. The temperature is now at a load of 50-80% (in spring and in summer even worse) 57-60: angry :. So I want to ask which cooler is best for me to install, but I’m sitting with an ordinary GlacialTech Igloo A360CU Silent, in which I’m afraid to burn my computer.

If you need har-ki company, then I will.
I have a processor (I repeat) AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE.

Here is what I took note of:
--- Arctic Freezer A30 39 $ 1350R / min (info herehttp://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/arctic_cooli...Al_133453.html)
--- Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme Rev.2 35 $ 1500 r / min (info herehttp://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/arctic_cooli...l._100297.html)

Well, or what will you offer me? (Within the limits of preferably not higher than $ 35, but I will still consider your option). Thanks in advance: thank_you:

Post has been editedIlya (^_^) в„ў - 19.04.13, 12:33

Ilya (^_^) в„ў,
As usual, I will recommend a proven Zalman CNPS10X PERFORMA (not Optima! It is weaker). At Moscow prices in the budget fit.

Rep: (2)
Muskrat_33 @ 04/19/2013, 18:22*
As usual, I will recommend a proven Zalman CNPS10X PERFORMA (not Optima! It is weaker). At Moscow prices in the budget fit.

Thank you, I will consider. 30 bucks of norms. But as it will cool for example with GTA IV. How many degrees will be on my AMD. Just now I have with GTA IV 54gr. And with the minecraft server turned on and up to 60g. reached: angry:

Ilya (^_^) в„ў,
FX-8350 does not heat up above 55 with a special program (AIDA 64)about. If you just load up to 100% prog on Lab View - no higher than 45about(although the body is well blown)

Rep: (121)
Advise the "quiet" cooler under i5 3570. Now it is worthCooler Master Hyper 101, buzzing like a plane: wallbash:

MrAjax,
As usual I will adviseZalman CNPS10X Performa. It is quiet at the minimum speed, and most likely it will not have to go at the maximum with the i5 3570. Yes, and the motherboard will need to configure the auto speed control.

Muskrat_33 @ 05/01/2013, 21:45*
Yes, and the motherboard will need to configure the auto speed control.

Here it is, the most important thing, my turnovers increased from 45 degrees, right now I set it from 58 and silence: clap:

Today I installed itZalman CNPS10X Performa . Yes, a really great cooler: happy: I’m cooking with an Aida for over an hour, I haven’t gotten higher than 60 (and this is at 900 turns). But the size of course ...

Post has been editedmrAjax - 07.05.13, 19:38

But the size of course ...
Everything is relative;) Compared to my home Noctua NH-C12P SE14, it is quite compact ...

Rep: (46)
here everyone is writing about the store's cooling solution, can anyone offer their own, homemade!

sh_034, in the header there are links to sites, there are examples of independent cooling devices. Unfortunately for good results you need some equipment, and the price of such a device will be quite high (usually copper everywhere, but it costs ..). So the sense of homemade is not always justified, in most cases it is cheaper (and faster) to purchase a ready-made device.

Rep: (1)
Nobody had experience using silent power supplies? (for the fan to work almost silently) - fanless power supply units are unrealistic

Rep: (46)
t23093,
if you can solder and are not afraid to burn something, then everything is possible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-i-vWbdX9w

Post has been editedsh_034 - 19.05.13, 16:46

t23093 @ 05/19/2013, 17:29*
Nobody had experience using silent power supplies?
I have a Chieftec APS-550S installed in the "file-wiper", I can hear better than his hard drive (but he has a large power reserve, so the fan works all the time at minimum speed).

Rep: (611)
Nobody changed the cooling on the atom? there issuchmotherboard. On hearing, the cooler on the CPU produces the most noise. Now I want to replace it with something silent.
The only question is what to put? Does it make sense to look towards the radiators for the north bridge?
The city hasDNS, Yulmart, Citylink.
* Casesuch

Rep: (1991)
Dr @ ko_n
If there is a case cooler, then m. what is a thread like that?
http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/coolers_Ther..._Al_124696.html
http://www.nix.ru/autocatalog/coolers_Ther..._Al_124695.html

Rep: (611)
pasha_550
Yeah, something like that look. Only with options in the shops something really is not at all thick. Found onlysuch. Either something else in the city to search, or order.
* Ah, stop. So nix and samara is there? Then it will be easier.

Post has been editedDr @ ko_n - 25.05.13, 01:03

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 01/12/21, 23:47