PC Cooling - Selection and Discussion | The choice of cooling the processor, graphics cards, fans, SJO, etc.

Rep: (2729)
PC cooling

Attached Image

Attention!
  • In this topic, choose cooling for the PC:Cooler for the processor, video card, fans, DSS and everything connected with it
  • The remaining components and assemblies inrelated topics
  • Overclocking discussion in the topic:Overclocking talk

Information necessary for selection
To select a processor cooler, specify:
  • Processor model
  • Motherboard model
  • Presence / absence of overclocking
  • Case model or the required height of the cooler
  • If RAM with high radiators - mention it
  • Shop, city, budget (currency of the desired store)

To select a liquid cooling system:
  • Exact models of all components that need to be cooled.
  • Exact case model

To select a video card cooler, specify:
  • Accurate and complete video card model
  • Board and housing model for evaluating free space around the map
  • If there are any expansion cards installed right behind the card, mention it

To select a fan in the chassis or power supply
  • Exact model of the case or photos of seats for fans
  • The exact model of the power supply and a photo of the sticker from a regular fan

Useful links on the topic
General background information on the topic:
Briefly about the types of cooling systems:
How to organize cooling in a gaming computer
  1. Cooling systems - from radiator to liquid nitrogen! Part 1
  2. Cooling systems - from radiator to liquid nitrogen! Part 2

Enclosure Fans

CPU coolers:
LSS (liquid cooling systems)

For video cards

For enthusiasts

Thermal paste

Articles on the organization:

Resources for self-searching information

https://www.google.com/
Topics on the choice of components

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedWinSSLioN - 06.07.20, 14:04

Rep: (10)
Hello everyone, I need to think about the cooling system and I thought: what if I put a system engineer at all in transformer oil, or something like that? :)

Here are some quotes and links I found on the Internet and remembered from the subject of "electrical materials":
references:
http://www.markusleonhardt.de.nyud.net:8090/oelbilder.html-German comp in oil.
http://www.oilteco.ru/show.php?page=380- about aging, operation and regeneration of transformer oil.
http://www.thg.ru/howto/20060123/index.html- THG project, with the use of vegetable oil.
http://www.overclockers.ru/hardnews/30773.shtmlabout the mass production of such systemists.
http://www.overclockers.ru/lab/18964.shtmlabout how the oil was poured into the power supply unit (there is even a cooler spinning in it, but will it die from rotational resistance?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtufuXLvOok- video, similar to the project THG

notes from various forums and sources:
“It is enough to process all the metal parts of a computer that is immersed in a distillate with protective chemically neutral heat-conducting material, such as galvanizing the body ..”
“Aging or deterioration of the insulating oil, usually associated with oxidation. When oxygen and water appear in the oil, the insulating oil oxidizes even under ideal conditions. ”
“With proper maintenance of the cooling and insulation systems, the age of operation of the insulation system can be increased from 40 to 60 years.”
“Transformer oil can be completely restored (REGENERATION) and made as new.”
“When heated, the oil expands, to compensate for the expansion it is necessary to create an expansion tank”
“And I also noticed that the plexiglass became very brute, it cracks when screwing the lid, although when assembling it a year ago, it pulled a lot harder, and all that could happen is the folding of the thread, and now pieces already fly off”

minuses:
-complicated maintenance / upgrade / repair
-to get a real transformer difficult

Who thinks about this? Comments, suggestions? :)
p.s. other types of cooling please do not offer :)

on the progress of work and so on will unsubscribehere: comments are free, write :)

Post has been editedBroneg - 10.07.09, 16:02

Rep: (23)
I can’t say anything about the oil, but if I make a sealed case, then the radiator will have to hang out half the outside, otherwise the efficiency will tend to 0.

Post has been edited- = Agent = - - 03.06.09, 16:49

- = Agent = - @ 3.6.09, 17:39*
but if you make a geomitic case, then the radiator will have to be half out of place, otherwise the efficiency will tend to 0.

for sure! You can still blow it with one cooler at least

Rep: (0)
throw body :) I worked as a computer (guts to Rouge) ie motherboard ripped from the body together with the mounting plate, it connected all units (video, network, etc.) and put it on the rack, pull up long trains (through adapters: Claudia, monitor, and mouse), then it is important to secure the cords (suddenly dernesh and weed for example vidyuhi with operating companies), so that would be when jerking they do not affect the position of the boards in the mamma, the screws also in the wardrobe scored (in the office was kondishin) comp stupidly did not have time to warm up. The only thing that should be done properly to hold that this case does not crashed :) Well, if there is a lack of CD to be inserted then had to climb on a cabinet :) :) (put on the cabinet due to the fact that the table would not lose not to wet accidentally (in generally for the purpose of Security, where it was dry and cozy :)) did not take off the cooler, plus the lack of need cooler was cleaned of dust ... I'm thinking mother all screws to fasten the wall :) really have not reached :) in general, so he's I worked bolshii half a year, maybe would work even more, but it had to gather in a box (in housing) for other reasons ...

Post has been editedDarkchris - 03.06.09, 11:18

DarkChris @ 3.6.09, 19:08*
throw the body I have worked so complex (guts to Rouge) ie motherboard ripped from the body together with the mounting plate, it connected all units (video, network, etc.) and put it on the rack, pull up long trains (via adapters: Claudia, monitor, and mouse), then it is important to secure the cords (suddenly dernesh and weed for example vidyuhi with operating companies), so that would be when jerking they do not affect the position of the boards in the mamma, the screws also in the wardrobe scored (in the office was kondishin) computer stupidly did not time to warm up. The only thing that should be done properly to hold that this case does not crashed Well disadvantage if there CD to be inserted then had to climb on the cabinet (placed on the cabinet due to the fact that to the table not to lose is not wet by accident (in total For security reasons, there it was dry and cozy), the cooler did not take off, plus the lack of need cooler was cleaned of dust ... I'm thinking mother all the screws to the wall to tie the truth had not reached in general so I have it worked bolshii half a year, maybe more would work more, but had to be collected in a box (in housing) for other reasons ...

No, you do not need this (= I just want to be protected from dust and make no noise, and the condition is not at home (=
so only the INSULATING FLUID is interested

Rep: (1703)
Broneg @ 3.6.09, 3:24*
sistemnik in transformer oil

Especially good in the transformer oil or other liquid will feel the disks ... Given the fact that they have an interior, by definition, unpressurized :)

Rep: (1087)
Trance oil will do, I won’t say the brand, I don’t remember ... but it holds megawats, it’s a 12-volt comp for it! There is another ... What can any repair-upgrade and maintenance of this unit turn into, oil replacement and regeneration! IMHO It is not worth it .... For Ponte, for myself, for applied computer creativity - do photo and share it, but not to create a working machine ...
I have an old Athlon 64, heated dog! even without the side cover cut down in half an hour the good work! Now in a box ... Central (resourceful but not expensive) cooler, good pasta, 2 more resourceful and expensive coolers: one in the lid - blowing in the cooler proca and one back from the end, cooler and hard behind the front wall of the cooler blowing. All that is blowing in the complex - takes air through the grid. Despite the large cell Veins - most of the dust accumulate on them, you just need to once every 2-3 days to wipe them with a cloth - it is no more than a minute ... and a handful of dust under the unit in place of blowing ... Everything! The temperature of no more than 65ti degrees at full load, and before that, even without a lid and with one rear been cooler to 85ti degrees! By the way ... the noise that the one with a bunch of coolers that I have it is the same!

Rep: (583)
Can it be easier to vacuum it once every three months?

Rep: (156)
as I did, that would be cooling and quiet:

removed the side cover of the case.

Zalman's cooler is installed on a percent, with manual adjustment of the rotation speed. replaced thermal grease.

in BIOS, the settings of all coolers are loosened to a minimum.

put the usual 80 mm cooler for 50 rubles, it is directed to 4 railways, standing close.

installed RivaTuner and created a silent profile for the cooler - when not playing.

temperature of the probe (4 cores) ~ 35-44
hard - 35-40
vidyuhi - 50

The computer seems to be turned off.

Once in 3 months I take out the cooler from the bottom, I change the thermal paste and my radiator in the water. Vacuuming the housing as a whole. vacuuming themselves and nothing, dust settles on the bottom.

slimest @ 3.6.09, 21:11*
Especially good in the transformer oil or other liquid will feel the disks ... Given the fact that they have an interior, by definition, unpressurized

Well, it seems like the signposts will need to be brought out (=

konvas @ 3.6.09, 21:12*
What any repair-upgrade and maintenance of this unit, replacement and regeneration of oil!

I do not know the remot, I have once or twice the iron on my computer, but the upgrade, the fact of the matter is that I don’t need an upgrade at all (=
and what service?
but the recovery of oil, I understand it, you need to regenerate after the breakdown, but there is 12 V, there will be no breakdown (=
and the oil itself can live from 40 to 60 years

so far other types of cooling do not interest me .. I want to find out the possibility of creating a working machine in transformer oil ..

Rep: (1087)
Then NO FLOW! The comp in the aquarium is cool ... Kstai remembered, even on the discovery in English, I looked like a TV set in the aquarium, I started ... I didn’t understand much, the language was even worse than I knew, but there the liquid was absolutely transparent, water!

Rep: (636)
I don’t quite understand why to shove your system into oil ... Is it not cheaper to buy a quiet new vidyuhi and buy a normal cooler? If only out of curiosity ...
Although if you set a goal - good luck, I wonder what happens :) Suddenly it will be cheap and effective :)

P.S. do not forget to weld the cart and / or handles, it will weigh

Post has been editedSchaum - 03.06.09, 17:36

Rep: (827)
This is nonsense)) Conditionally old video, 1 GB of RAM and even not two cores - there is nothing to cool. A quiet cooler for a central processing unit, a good power supply is all that can be used, not very expensive, and without much headache.

Putting in a sealed box - the air heats up and comes .... to cool the air with something you need, that is, a heat exchanger. In short, the idea is complete nonsense.
A computer in a full aquarium - just do utter nonsense, the purpose of garbage - but the methods are a terrible perversion.

Water is expensive, I do not argue, so choose quiet fans.

Post has been editedVampire_X - 03.06.09, 17:40

Rep: (1891)
Konvas @ 3.6.09, 17:25*
like water

This was the water: D only distilled. And it is impossible to fill in with something, not all parts are tight and there are a lot of mechanical contacts.

Rep: (636)
Vampire_X,
after all, hto something like 10 pieces offered a high end computer in oil. In addition to screws. Yes and an article is:http://www.thg.ru/howto/20060123/index.html
I will not argue about expediencyAttached Image

Post has been editedSchaum - 03.06.09, 17:49

Rep: (1703)
nikerossxp @ 3.6.09, 16:20*
as I did, that would be cooling and quiet:

And I bought a candy bar from Sony - compact, cold and quiet :)

konvas @ 4.6.09, 1:25*
Then NO FLOW! The comp in the aquarium is cool ... Kstai remembered, even on the discovery in English, I looked like a TV set in the aquarium, I started ... I didn’t understand much, the language was even worse than I knew, but there the liquid was absolutely transparent, water!

To hell (=
Well on video takayazhe liquid, oil is some kind of such ..

Vampire_X @ 4.6.09, 1:39*
This is nonsense)) Conditionally old video, 1 GB of RAM and even not two cores - there is nothing to cool. A quiet cooler for a central processing unit, a good power supply is all that can be used, not very expensive, and without much headache.

so not one mezh we will do so, this iron will undergo an experiment, so to speak, and next in turn are more powerful computers! (=

Vampire_X @ 4.6.09, 1:39*
Putting in a sealed box - the air heats up and comes .... to cool the air with something you need, that is, a heat exchanger.

Oh, and I already forgot about this item, well, yes, I think so too (=

Rep: (8)
Good passivki:
-quiet
-coldly
-logic

Shl you only one case will cost a pretty penny

Р—Р«2
heated dog! even without a side cover cuts down after half an hour of good work!

I will tell you a secret, with a lid, it is blown better: lol:

Rep: (7)
And sho we maya? Need to cool the desktop computer?

My computer (stuffing): nVidia GeForce 8600 GT; intel core 2 duo 2.33 Ghz; 2 Gb RAM; 1 Tb ROM, 500 Gb ROM, 60 Gb ROM.

Everything is perfectly cooled by the 4th coolers - 2 in the case and one per cent and BP. INSIDE TEMPERATURE + 22ABOUTwith. Sometimes it processes data for days and the temperature remains 22aboutWITH.

Conclusion: 4 coolers and everything is fine. This whole pile of metal eats around 1.5-2.2 A of the power grid.

Post has been editedSvezhak - 09.06.09, 03:18

Supper6 @ 8.6.09, 18:44*
Shl you only one case will cost a pretty penny
yes cheaper than water cooling (=

I don’t understand how much for (geforce 8600gt, Pentium 4 3.20 ghz and 1Tb stick) for each the maximum temperature, can anyone know?

Svezhak @ 9.6.09, 11:17*
Conclusion: 4 coolers and everything is fine. This whole pile of metal eats around 1.5-2.2 A of the power grid.

Broneg @ 3.6.09, 10:24*
p.s. other types of cooling please do not offer

Broneg @ 4.6.09, 1:03*
so far other types of cooling do not interest me .. I want to find out the possibility of creating a working machine in transformer oil ..

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 10/07/20 22:16