Independent upgrade and update laptop / netbook | General principles for the replacement and selection of components. Software and tips.

Rep: (229)
Self upgrade and update laptop / netbook

Attached Image

Sooner or later, any owner of the device "fallen off" a certain amount for their "unique laptop" understands that it is time to change somethingI propose to consider the general principles for different brands and models for the selection of components for the replacement, the necessary software to upgrade the BIOS (utilities), and other useful programs like - SiSoftware Sandra Pro Business 2009.
I would like to get the most complete development of this topic on this wonderful forum. Also, it would be nice to make sayblack list of unscrupulous service centers which are engaged in the "repair" of these devices, I have a certain experience in communicating with such "certified" centers, where for a good amount your laptop will "cripple" rather than carry out competent repair work.

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 15.09.18, 22:40

Rep: (21)
yes the reader in beech
about the modem, I didn’t look at the Sierra site, maybe not because it’s old, although it used to be 885 for a year, now it’s 881, but it’s even older, its uniqueness is that it is usable, but you take it apart, and there’s a miniPCIE shawl, and there’s also gps

Rep: (1967)
bismark211
And tried without disassembling?

put the same (not this) modems on Dell, the Fujik was like clockwork, but there were wiring for connection, but there is no nichrome, I thought that the modem inserted everything and not (The thing is, this reader should somehow it is determined in the system, but it is not there, I think probably it was locked in the BIOS

Posted on 03/16/2010, 13:32:

pasha_550, not sorting, I'm writing from him now)

bismark211
It was necessary to first verify the operability, and then disassemble. Well, probably, the SIM slot is disabled. Hardware or software.

Bismark211 @ 16.3.10, 14:32*
not sorting, I’m writing from him now)

Well, the slot is definitely disabled.

Post has been editedpasha_550 - 16.03.10, 13:36

But what to make sure, everything worked and works through usb. But how would you turn on the SIM slot, and the BIOS from the American will?

Bismark211 @ 16.3.10, 14:36*
But what to make sure, everything worked and works through usb.

So we are not telepaths ... Nobody knows this except you ...

Bismark211 @ 16.3.10, 14:36*
But how would you turn on the SIM slot, and the BIOS will become from an American?

And here - xs ...

Rep: (46)
I’ll get up from the American one, but I think it won’t be useful, I have a reader on my CompaqMini (there’s no modem, I’m going to take it), but the system does not detect at least bios for Russia, Europe, America, but on the American site I noticed that the bios is newer than versions by 5 minimum, try;)

Rep: (132)
Bismark211 @ 16.3.10, 13:32*
put the same (not this) modems on dell, Fujik everything was like clockwork, but there were wiring for connection, but here nichrome

hell by the way, yes, the case has a blue suction cup for the modem. In hp, when Vaymaks inserted it, he took a suction cup from a friend of the laptop and conducted it to the screen, he definitely won’t catch the network without it - mp not that

I think that it’s all the same, the modem antenna is even connected, even disconnected, it is looking for the entire network, only the question is what did he (the modem watcher) write at first there is no SIM, and then I put firewood for the fingerprint scanner, (clever the scanner and the SIM slot on one board), mouth Globetrotter, maybe he’s even somewhat wiser and I don’t remember: D, in short, now he writes no sim, but just searching for the network and that's it!

Post has been editedbismark211 - 16.03.10, 14:25

Yes, manufacturers greatly infringe on our pride, thinking that we are already a very backward country and remove many devices from the package: beee:

In general, the situation is as follows:
Sim slot is active!
There is no antenna in the device, I have 2 antennas in the modem: a small U-shaped glued on a paralon-labeled as-AUX (black) and the board itself with a bunch of everything that there is an antenna hell knows it is marked as -MAIN (red)
I connected with a small AUX, looked for a network, when I connected a modem board to the high-frequency MAIN connector, lo and behold, the connection took place, then I need an antenna) Who can tell us what antenna we can antenna on, there is a hole on the housing for the antenna!
And one more moment on the Sierre modem, more precisely on this small flat U-shaped antenna, I tried to connect without it with a connected board, the modem connected, I have only 3G connection in the modem’s setup, hence the output, or is it an antenna for GPRS EDGE or GPS, no one knows what it can be? Probably have to disassemble and again by typing: D try

you can’t upload a photo, I’m also looking for such a modem

A photo of what, a modem? If so, then why take a picture of it, Google steers ->Sierra Wireless 881U

which suction cup does not matter at all, I always stick randomly

dedmozai, listen sorry, but you can once again with comments: D
what is a suction cup?
and what is randomly stuck?

Bismark211 @ 16.3.10, 23:25*
what is a suction cup?

suction cup et figovina which antenna wire is stuck in the board
Bismark211 @ 16.3.10, 23:25*
and what is randomly stuck?

randomly - at random and / or no matter, rarely when an amplifier is made at the end of the wire - more often the surface of the lid itself is how a large antenna works. so there’s no difference which wire you stick in)

The surface of the beech cover? And if it is plastic, then what?

Bismark211 @ 17.3.10, 0:30*
The surface of the beech cover? And if it is plastic, then what?

inside the outline of dense foil, although you may have a girlfriend because there is no lid)

In general, I installed a modem, installed a small U-shaped antenna inside the device, everything works, until you close the back cover, the phone is receiving phonite (Do I need to look for an external HSDPA antenna! Or are there alternative options?

At the expense of the modem, tired of fighting) I installed everything works, but the reception is so weak, sho pipets) Just close the lid and that's it, there is no reception! He brought the antenna out, the same canoe! There is no HSDPA beech antenna on sale yet, I won’t know what to do (Maybe someone will advise what shape to make the antenna to strengthen the reception, I measured this U-shaped and made the same strip length, nifiga (

By the way, the option where the antenna is glued to the barcode is not correct, there is no signal, it was glued to the side normally. The most interesting thing, before closing the case, the reception was much better than it was caused by nepoyma
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 15.04.13, 08:41
Reason for editing: [/ SPOILER].

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 26/08/20, 23:46