Debian / Ubuntu based distros | [linuxos] Discussion about Debian, Ubuntu and their forks

Rep: (280)
Discussion Ubuntu Linux пїЅ | MAN for Ubuntu Linux пїЅ | Linux for a beginner пїЅ | Arch linux пїЅ | Club linuksoidov. пїЅ | Linux Player Club пїЅ | Finding GNU / Linux software пїЅ

Ubuntu and Debian based Linux

Discussion of problems related to Debian, Ubuntu and their derivatives

Attached Image

Answers to the most frequently asked questions can be found in the topic.MAN for Ubuntu Linux . If MAN does not contain the answer to your question, feel free to ask it in the current topic.

useful links

Post has been editedM | A | G - 04.08.20, 17:33

Gentlemen, and who has already experimented with grub? I got a little trouble here. In order not to describe everything completely - I give a reference:http://forum.ubuntu.ru/index.php?topic=56507.0

Maybe someone knows how to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Post has been editedMegaSlonik - 04.05.09, 14:40

paladin7, The problem with the OpenOffice repository from the Infra-resource has been resolved. I installed Tweaker, unblocked a few andokumenty in it, updated the info, saved, went out and ... how it went ... ...) Everything was updated immediately and almost 300 meters (skype, opera, office ...).

And after all, not one guru in the Russian community was able to answer my question. You have to dig yourself;)

BTW. WineHQ - Call. The simplest toy - Murkhok slows down so ... that horror - 1 frame in 1.5 seconds, approximately.

Yes, and PhotoJop - you can replace GIMP, to hell with it, with this license. Gave it anyway.

Rep: (77)
MegaSlonik @ 4.5.2009, 8:10*
WineHQ - Call. The simplest toy - Murkhok slows down so ... that horror - 1 frame in 1.5 seconds, approximately.

Dear it is not necessary to be so categorical in his statements :) wine is very useful application small program personally I have under it works fine! and the game Mobile Force (3D shooter similarity Counter Strike) rovnenko on it goes ... Let this Acer aspire one :) and thanks to him, my migration from Windows XP to Ubuntu 9.04 proisodit almost painless :) By the way there is a question, I worth UNR 9.04, the Pocket Connect is, in an Internet start up, but when I connect the modem Megafon, nothing happens, the system does not see it. sin on the assembly cuts, perhaps somebody knows how Paet need to shove it?

drum4eg @ 5.5.09, 5:12*
Dear, you should not be so categorical in your statements wine is a very useful application, I personally have small programs, they work perfectly under it! and the Mobile Force game (a 3D shooter, like Counter Strike) goes on it exactly ... even if it’s Acer aspire one :) and it is thanks to it that my migration from Windows XP to Ubuntu 9.04 is almost painless

This is exactly a mystery to me. I watched commercials with WinHQ ads, where heaped-up shooters, simulators and more fly under it. And here ... A simple Murchokh, who needs Direct 3, needs only the 3rd version, and 16 meters of video memory, with a stone on his mother 500 MuhoHerz, and 256 operatives.

No, I, of course, admit that I didn’t screw something at the conservatory ... But as they assured me, nothing would have to be set up in Vine. Cried and play as you like. In short ... He broke me off, and I am a child. So they wanted to shoot their birdcases in hens :)

drum4eg @ 5.5.09, 5:12*
I have UNR 9.04, I have a connection with the communicator, it starts up on the Internet, but when I connect the Megafon modem, nothing happens, the system does not see it. I sin on the reduction in assembly, maybe someone knows which unit it needs to be slipped into?

And as for this, then sorry. Never bothered with this topic. All apartments have a dedicated line and have never used a handset or communicator as a modem.

Post has been editedMegaSlonik - 05.05.09, 12:50

MegaSlonik @ 4.5.2009, 22:48*
No, I, of course, admit that I did not screw something at the conservatory ...

and installed vine how? through the console or through the synaptic?

Rep: (204)
And what difference does it make how it was installed - this will not change the speed. The main thing is to put drivers on video from nvidia / ati (those that are closed are restricted), because there is acceleration of 3d and 2d graphics. And with the same native nvidiafb, even two-dimensional will slow down (oh horror, even kde will slow down). And if wine is needed only for games - it would be wiser to install Cedega, there is better support for directX emulation (free, though not the latest versions, but enough for a game a decade ago)

apparently there is. the first time I installed half of the applications from the synaptic I refused to start, not to mention the games ... for the sake of experiment through the console ... completely different results. as there is Vlad from Caste, "Stupid, but class! :)"

1. I generally downloaded .deb from the manufacturer’s website and then installed it.
2. I do not have ATI or nVidea. In general, Ubunta does not have an integrashka on the SiS chipset and firewood for it. Even 3d desktop effects are not included. Although under Vindoza 3d was;)

there it is, then vine has nothing to do with it! you need to look for firewood for your video card ...

Rep: (833)
MegaSlonik, and which chip?

Rep: (118)
So people, I don’t have any video drivers on my Linux, as I understand it, and no installation suggestions, including fromDimsml, did not work. All of them are for the 8th version. Namely, did anyone install ATI drivers on 9.04? Any other suggestions? :(
Or is it better to put the 8.xx version? Or wait? Or are they everywhere so crooked that it’s better to score?

Post has been editedfrag - 06.05.09, 10:34

drum4eg, Duc. The fact of the matter is that I generally did not find any drivers for SiS under * nix in the vastness of the network.

paladin7, I don’t remember exactly. Under Windows was SysInfo, which gave out complete information about the machine (up to the BIOS version in cd, hdd ... network cards). I can’t imagine how to see this under Ubunta. But something similar to SiS 6xx / 7xx

Despalovo and sidyuk with wood for mothers are common for these series.

Post has been editedMegaSlonik - 06.05.09, 12:45

Rep: (1376)
MegaSlonik,

lspci -v

lsusb -v

Here's a not-so-comforting link:https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/x...sis/+bug/369815

Post has been editedKarl - 06.05.09, 13:41
Reason for editing: Added a disappointing link ...

If you believethis news , then soon and on our animals Ubunta will heal :)

Post has been editedMegaSlonik - 06.05.09, 14:28

Karl @ 6.5.09, 14:29*

I'm not very strong in aglitsky. But, as I understand it, to hell with me, and not the normal video output speed under Ubunta? :(

Post has been editedMegaSlonik - 06.05.09, 15:32

Rep: (112)
fraq
What did Envy say?

If you believe this news, then soon and on our animals Ubunta will heal

If you believe the date of the news and the development of the topic, then vryatli. In general, Linux was raised homemade on the m700 in my opinion. But the problems, as always, are with the core and wood. In general, there were many different attempts to raise Linux to the PDA, but all the projects were generally stillborn. Also, like, Linux could be run on some kind of asus, as well as on devices in which you can run the Android OS. So it’s no use even trying to launch and discuss it.

fraq
What did Envy say?

Oops, I didn’t start it then, I just downloaded 60 meters of packages with that command and that’s it: blush:

Now launched :(
There was an onish driver and several Nvidievsky. On the contrary, set Enabled, applied it, unhurriedly installed, asked to reboot, Yes, after rebooting two pixelated green-purple ubunta icons, the system did not boot further and did not respond. Vot.
About the same consequences were written on the Ubuntu forum. Maybe put until 8.04? I'll go broke on the blanks. : rolleyes:

Paladin7 @ 6.5.09, 3:01*
MegaSlonik, and which chip?

In:

01: 00.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 65x / M650 / 740 PCI / AGP VGA Display Adapter
Subsystem: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 65x / M650 / 740 PCI / AGP VGA Display Adapter
Flags: 66MHz, medium devsel
BIST result: 00
Memory at c0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size = 128M]
Memory at cfde0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size = 128K]
I / O ports at 8c00 [size = 128]
Capabilities:<access denied>
Kernel modules: sisfb

Posted on 05/06/2009, 21:38:

frag, I used to put a line with the Opium interface (or something like that) on Lucas (for fun). At 4pda there was even an article on this issue. Here I put it. T.ch. everything is possible :)

Updated the header. Added a couple of new resources.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 02/10/20, 05:37