Debian / Ubuntu based distros | [linuxos] Discussion about Debian, Ubuntu and their forks

Rep: (278)
Discussion Ubuntu Linux пїЅ | MAN for Ubuntu Linux пїЅ | Linux for a beginner пїЅ | Arch linux пїЅ | Club linuksoidov. пїЅ | Linux Player Club пїЅ | Finding GNU / Linux software пїЅ

Ubuntu and Debian based Linux

Discussion of problems related to Debian, Ubuntu and their derivatives

Attached Image

Answers to the most frequently asked questions can be found in the topic.MAN for Ubuntu Linux . If MAN does not contain the answer to your question, feel free to ask it in the current topic.

useful links

Post has been editedM | A | G - 04.08.20, 17:33

Rep: (699)
* qwertier , Let's not take the exotic or plain old Debian (nonfree also disabled), if everything is OK and you can be in it live, a strong difference should not be

Rep: (18)
Arkanium @ 7.09.20, 14:27*
nonfree also disabled
Yes, I know, but the cause of this problem is very interesting to me well, I want to know how to solve these problems, if they arise in the future. And do not walk like a lamer :(

Rep: (18)
Again the problem.
Yet wanted to make Windu by default in the rough, and update-grub swears an error, they say
usr / sbin / grub-probe: error: failed to get canonical path of '/ cow'

Chyadt?

Rep: (459)
qwertier @ 07.09.20, 18:30*
Chyadt?
It's hard to tell if ubuntopodobny with vydelyvaniyami distro swears by the standard programsudo update-gruband still trying to get into sluzhebno executable filegrub-probethen the conclusion can only be one when installing distro very rude and was not put} -)

Rep: (12)
Hey.
I do not know to write the theme or not, but help. I can not start a WiFi hotspot.
Linux Mint 20. Under Windows distribution works fine. On linux w button "Make an access point" in the settings of the network is inactive, and gives an explanation of "use as an access point is forbidden by system policy." The network card is defined as the Broadcom BCM4313. It uses the driver bcmwl-kernel-source, version 6.30.223.271.
I tried many ways from the Internet to run this whole thing, but it did no good. I would be grateful for any help.

Rep: (115)
* NomiVita You want to please as the Internet? From WiFi or cable internet?

I also like that it was impossible to distribute WiFi in WiFi, now this script helps me now, every day, he works for me:https://github.com/oblique/create_ap
Only better start it from under the screen, otherwise if you close the terminal then the script stops working

Post has been editedZhymabek_Roman - 09.09.20, 05:29

Rep: (12)
* Zhymabek_Roman , Cable internet want to distribute. This script will be applied to this scenario?

* NomiVita I think yes, work.

Rep: (3)
Recently I put Kubuntu 20.04 and for the first time faced with the inability to edit files on mounted drives, usually out of the box it worked
In dolphin items to insert, delete stupidly did not shine
, Torrents do not swing, straight trouble
In the setting of rummaging, found nothing suitable, poke his nose, if not difficult

* rodriquez You can not edit files on NTFS partitions?

* Zhymabek_Roman , Yes sir

* rodriquez , Well, this is a typical moment. Apparently Windows made read-only partition, it makes it so when you turn off the computer. In order to open sections to read need to reboot Windows, and already go directly to work in kubuntu.

* Zhymabek_Roman , And no further decisions of this crap do not?
Knew this would 10 not contacted, I would have left it at that
And yes, I windsurfing any rights to use their discs did not give, let your SSD manages

Post has been editedrodriquez - Yesterday, 14:44
Reason for editing: add

rodriquez @ 10.09.20, 17:42*
and no further decisions of this crap do not?
and a hemorrhagic here? Once rebooted Windows and Kubuntu came in and everything works. And the next day was just in kubuntu can be loaded

* Zhymabek_Roman I thought that every time so the computer will have to include: rofl:
Ok, try the evening

Rep: (78)
Ubuntu 20.04, is it possible to use disk encryption and hibernate?

Rep: (22)
* konic2884 , Authorize. Can. Use.
I do not see obstacles. Another question, but should I? However, once asked, so you must ...

Rep: (538)
* rodriquez ,
Try
sudo ntfsfix / dev / sdX

Post has been editedKiryaSmir - Yesterday, 18:41

Rep: (78)
* justolik,
Encryption is essential, already in use, but still wanted to tie hibernation. But first, I want to investigate the possibility of do not want to once again deal with reinstalling.

Rep: (22)
* konic2884 https: //wiki.debian.or...Without_Swap_Partition
That is, if step by step ...

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 11/09/20, 10:25