Camera selection | test shots

Rep: (192)
When there is a discussion of choosing a camera, the conversation quite often (always) turns to numbers. As if everyone immediately forget that the output in real life is a photograph (picture). In this topic laid out photos taken by different cameras. With a high degree of conditionality, they can be called test ones, but, perhaps, they will help determine the choice. In order to equalize the "chances" all surveys must be carried out in the "FULL AUTO" mode.

CANON EOS400d \\ EF 28-1351: 3.5-5.6 IS polarizing filter
Noon, dense white clouds, short focus
Attached Image

long focus
Attached Image

snow
Attached Image

backlight
Attached Image

towards the sun
Attached Image

Contrast plot (transition from deep shadow to bright light). Automatically triggered built-in flash.
Attached Image

interior (fluorescent lamp + halogen + light through beige curtains
Attached Image

Post has been editedkochrob - 28.02.09, 15:44

Rep: (373)
In order to equalize the "chances" all surveys must be carried out in the "FULL AUTO" mode.

Something I doubt it will equalize the odds. It is better to just lay out the most properly exposed photo. Well, if the metering is bad, then lay out the overexposed / underdone photo with the note "suxx auto mode".
Maybe, on the contrary, upload photos taken on certain settings?
Let's say ISO (200, 800, 1600);
for zooms, at minimum / maximum focal length (to see aberrations).

I think the main indicator (from the point of view of test photos) is the noise level of the matrix, which will be shown by different ISO, then the noise / sharpness of the lens and its aberration follow.

And by the way, the technique for testing DSLR / non-SLR will probably be different, because in non-SLRs, the criteria will be common, and in SLRs - separately for the matrix / lens.
In short, not an easy task :)

P.S. And I would upload photos in the original resolution.

Post has been editedShedal - 01.03.09, 21:15

Shedal
Therefore, he suggested that the auto mode, when the camera itself, depending on the situation, selects both ISO and aperture with aperture.

Rep: (373)
Kochrob @ 1.3.2009, 23:32*
Therefore, he suggested that the auto mode, when the camera itself, depending on the situation, selects both ISO and aperture with aperture.

That's it. The camera itself will select ISO 1000, and then people will look at the test shots and see strong noises.

Post has been editedShedal - 02.03.09, 11:17

... and everyone will see that at 1000 ISO the camera has big noises. You upload your pictures to your camera.

Rep: (0)
Hello to all.
The theme of this, the choice of the camera is quite complicated, because this topic is painful. everyone is trying to choose the best, but even asking the experts, we have almost always different answers, tips. But when I chose the camera one consultant told me, when I choose between Sony and Canon, asked him what kind it is better for it, he replied that it does not define it as Mercedec and BMW: yes2:! that someone more like it! Well, I like Canon appeared =) here and advise you how close it seems that and choose (of the brands)

Rep: (8)
Here the only option is a direct comparison. Take 2 (or more, but it is already difficult) cameras and compare ...
I've tried to compare:
Pentax K-m + Pentax SMC DA 18-250mm f / 3.5-6.3 vs Canon PowerShot A640
http://denn79.livejournal.com/1400.html

I would love to see a similarly compiled comparison of lenses ...;)

Rep: (36)
http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM
Choose 2 photos and compare to health :)

Rep: (1866)
Vasil @ 23.4.09, 0:35*
Select 2 photos and compare

Unfortunately, not all devices are there. Lumix TZ7 no

Choose 2 photos and compare to health smile_good.gif

cool, convinced that Nikon D90 for 33991 rubles. better than Canon 50D for 40861 rubles (prices peer.ru without lenses)

Rep: (14)
Well, it means you are blind .... for it is not so .. absolutely not.

Rep: (201)
Unfortunately, not all devices are there. Lumix TZ7 no

How is it not? There is - TZ7 is the same Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 :)

By the way, there is an interesting service.http://www.pbase.com/cameras- go in, choose a camera and, if necessary, see how the lens works - there are lots of pictures.

Rep: (1866)
didex @ 5.8.09, 17:54*
How is it not?

That was in May. I bought a Lumix TZ7, I had enough for two weeks. Noises, there is no flexibility in complex modes, etc., well, in principle, what to want from soapmill. Changed to LX3. Certainly not a SLR, but very strong, for this class. For this size, to have such a functionality, in general, I have a camera arranged at 98%.
Lumix DMC-LX3
Matrix 1 / 1.63-inch
Bright 24mm wide-angle lens LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON F2.0
Venus Engine IV Image Processor
jpg and raw
HD video shooting

No, guys, sentences with no repeatability will not give anything.
It is necessary to have a single sample right there, without departing from the cash register, perhaps even on a computer screen, such as a test table to a TV, take pictures with your devices in a dark room (evening, night) and NOT correcting with graphic editors (like photoshop) for comparison. God bless him, the screen settings can be ugly, then the picture just will be immediately visible.
But it is possible for everyone to customize their own monitor using this table.
Shooting modes to limit is not advisable. If the person uses the capabilities of the device with skill, honor and praise to both. Why slow down the mind?
We are interested in having high-quality images, having chosen the device together, isn’t it?
[attachment = "273805: Calibrate.png"]
At least you can compare the original and the captured image on your screen,
and share the impression.
You can try to take a picture several times in a cycle: “shoot again captured” in order to accumulate nonlinearity and other distortions. This is similar to the effect of two parallel mirrors, in which their curvature becomes visible on distant images.

Post has been editedOgeorgy - 05.08.09, 22:51

Attached Image

That's what happened with pom. Nikon Coolpix P4
mode "P" without optical zoom.
White balance manually at the bottom right corner of the monitor screen in the dark.
IE8 has the ability to scale images, and I stretched the test image to the maximum of the screen area.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedOgeorgy - 05.08.09, 23:04

Rep: (1)
I climbed on

So what? and nothing!!
Here is a comparison, on the left, on my former Olympus E 520, on the right, Nikon D3X ..

do you feel the difference? I personally do not.

p.s. iso 1600

Maybe on the photo is not entirely clear, but climb up, compare ..
/ Olympus, which was noisy on ISO 400 so that I sold it for this, looks like on ISO 1600 as well as Nikon FF, and not the cheapest of Nikon FF .. Vyvod- IMHO site bestantovy further nowhere, no sense to any /

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editeddarking_melek - 05.10.09, 11:41
Reason for editing: added text

Rep: (6)
It is often very difficult to compare cameras like that. One shoots better in some situations and the other in others. But more often it depends more on the photographer than on the camera.

Rep: (7)
I did not understand how oh phot about apparat

Rep: (114)
What will fall into the hand of the allocated budget;)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 08/07/20, 2:41