Actual volume for home PC
Up to 500GB [ 43 ] ** [7,47%]
1TB [ 219 ] ** [38,02%]
2TB [ 149 ] ** [25,87%]
3-5Tb [ 65 ] ** [11,28%]
The bigger, the better [ 99 ] ** [17,19%]
Total votes: 576

Rep: (2695)
Discussion and selection of HDD (Hard Disk Drive)

Attached Image

Attention!

What you need to assess the "health" of the hard drive
Assess the "health" of the hard drive without seeing the state of S.M.A.R.T impossible!
Application that allows you to quickly get S.M.A.R.T. disk -CrystalDiskInfoStandard Edition

Instruction:
  1. Run the application: Service->Additionally->RAW-values>10 [DEC] (picture)
  2. If there are several hard drives, select the one you need in the row at the top of the window.
  3. Stretch the window that opens so that all the lines of the table are guilty
  4. Take a screenshotwindow rather than the entire desktop ( Alt + PrtScr or any other screenshotr convenient to you)
  5. Lay out a screenshot in the topic

Crib:How to read S.M.A.R.T
HDD Articles and Reviews
Reliability statistics from Backblaze for the period 2013-2017
Attached Image

NB: It is not worthwhile to refer to these statistics as an absolute indicator of the degree of reliability. In the data center drives work in extreme conditions - high temperature, vibration, constant load without interruptions.
Ie in this tabletessentially contains endurance datahard drives with 100% load on them and in difficult operating conditions. However, reliability indirectly reflects
https: //www.techpoweru…017-hgst-most-reliable

HDD tests
HDD FAQ from Xbit.com
Topics on the choice of components
useful links

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedstp101 - 08.11.18, 13:07
Reason for editing: Bootable USB flash drive with Victoria program

Rep: (305)
In general, I broke another screw ... Seagate 7200.10 (Already the third in 4 years of their use). All three have broken heads. So I decided that the next screw will be from another company, so I actually decided to ask what kind of people prefer

Post has been editedShoore - 17.07.12, 21:44
Reason for editing: Hitachi to the survey

Rep: (111)
I now have seagate, they used to have maxtor, and so: Seagate is already buggy, and the maxtors have been working for me for years.

Rep: (185)
1. What is IMB? Or is it IBM (MezhDelMash)? If so, then IBM has already sold its HDD business for a long time.
2. Fujitsu also seems to have long since got rid of the production of hard drives.
3. It all depends on the lot, on the plant and on other things. I prefer sigates, although they are dead. Marriage is at all.
4. Do you have hardy in what position?(it is necessary horizontally, a payment down - a label up)

Post has been editedCDK - 18.11.08, 13:39

Rep: (679)
Two Maxtor and Samsung.Maxtor screws cost me faithfully for about a year now, and I put Samsung a month ago, so far there haven't been any complaints about both

CDK
1) Typo
2) Xs, recently saw a fujista 2 years old
3) All three sigates from different batches and different models :), 2 made in China, 1 in Thailand
4) Naturally label up.

Seagate served faithfully and truly, but not for too long ... for no reason at all to lose information every year (And a lot) I was tired: (I will try my luck with Western-Digital

Jiwan @ 11/19/2008, 10:03 PM*
3) All three sigates are from different batches and different models smile_good.gif, 2 are made in China, 1 in Thailand

Well, I do not know ... Of the more than a dozen barracudas (from 200GB to 1TB, all 7200), only one seems broken (400GB). All Thai, like.

Maxtor stand. One 5 years old, second year. both work perfectly. there is a cooler on the new one and it is installed upside down

Rep: (155)
I have two sigate screws, one makstor, and one VD. There were no problems with them.
Not on topic, but ask.
I'm going to take hard, which is better to take: one for 1 TB or 2 for 500 GB each?

Rep: (108)
Jiwan
(Already the third in 4 years of their use).

Sorry, but what are you doing with them? Рѕ.Рћ
In my whole life, ugh * 3, no one broke .. Now the laptop is 2.5 years old, I didn’t change the screw, and I don’t intend to
But how can you kill as many as 3 ...

Post has been editedLogo - 20.11.08, 20:15

Rep: (151)
iPryanik

2 to 500. cheaper will buy the top box of ice cream \ beer, wash =)

Rep: (937)
nikerossxp @ 11/20/2008, 8:28 PM*
2 to 500. will be cheaper

Yes, in Reid them. The volume is the same, and the speed is 2 times more.

Rep: (150)
there were two screws, both WD, no complaints, one worked for 2 years (sold with a computer), the second one plows for 160GB for the third year. both ide.

Logos - just used them for their intended purpose, but they worked 24 hours a day without a break (Comp does not turn off)

Or maybe they can somehow fix it with improvised means? In general, the symptoms are - when you load the computer in the screw, the head constantly clicks, gets up on the first track, and then it returns to the parking lot with a click (I disassembled one of them)
Comp determines the name of the screw, and writes that S.M.A.R.T. is available, but failure

Rep: (27)
We in our office sell any screws, but we take only WD;)

Rep: (238)
Jiwan @ 11/21/2008, 12:59 PM*
In general, the symptoms are - when you load the computer in the screw, the head constantly clicks, gets up on the first track, and then with a click back to the parking lot

Approximately the same thing happened: for no reason at all, it began to click, and then the screen of death.
I do not remember the manufacturer - I broke the apsten last year.
Although what manufacturers they are - for sure the labels are differently stitched for products from one conveyor, and the better the batch is, the more expensive, and there’s really much that buys one. In any case, with blanks and flash drives, the situation is about the same, I don’t think there is an exception.

Jiwan @ 11/21/2008, 12:59 PM*
Or maybe they can somehow fix it with improvised means? In general, the symptoms are - when you load the computer in the screw, the head constantly clicks, gets up on the first track, and then it returns to the parking lot with a click (I disassembled one of them)
Comp determines the name of the screw, and writes that S.M.A.R.T. is available, but failure

There, you know, vacuum :)

We had this only on IBM, 60s. IBM then folded its hard drive business and scored on quality control in general. As a result, they switched to sigates. Since then, this has not happened for a long time. There is a marriage, but not so often. Computers also do not turn off. Generally speaking, if the computer is working around the clock and constantly hard, then put the server hard.

Rep: (151)
what was missing, there is only one virtual blood on my hands, and even then, he was about 6 years old ...

Rep: (97)
by experience - for 3 years of procurement saw one deceased sigate ten dozen maxtors and a half dozen WD

Rep: (1211)
Podstava - the main screw, which is four years old, I decided to cover the march. In a smart warning, it clicks and does not start periodically. Which 500GB / 7200 / 16-32 screws should you pay attention to?

Rep: (1946)
Nerovinger @ 12.26.2010, 16:48*
Which 500GB / 7200 / 16-32 screws should you pay attention to?

What is in Nikse:
http://www.nix.ru/price/search_by_parameters.html?dt[127[=1343&cond[127[=&enum[127[=102&dt[592[=26&cond[592==&&umum5592==309&dt[1710] = 659 & cond [1710] = & enum [1710] = 7299 & i = 1158 & g_id = 91 & c_id = 103 & fn = 120 & from_fast_search = 1 & thumbnail_view = 2

In the F-Center:
http://www.fcenter.ru/eshop.shtml?cat/act=p:es This is a Time Continued by a Win.d.:tour:::::::::::: :: # pricebody

Western digital
8. What are the differences between the series Caviar Green, Caviar Blue, Caviar Black?
Green - slow, quiet, cold, little consuming disks. The spindle rotation speed is in the range of 5000-5600 rpm (ie, the speed is fixed, but different models may be different). Great for data storage. Park in a simple (have a ramp). The parking function may interfere with the user, then it is required to disable it using the wdidle utility.
Blue - ordinary general purpose discs. Spindle speed - 7200 rpm.
Black - positioned as high-performance drives. Differences from Blue: have two processors; may have more cache than Blue- "classmate"; air spoiler plates that cut through the air flow; double spindle mount (on the bottom of the platform with the motor and on top of the cover); dual actuator on some models; 5 years warranty.

Choose ... :)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/24/19, 11:45